Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Doctor Babor Lifting RX Collagen Serum (4 bottles of net 3/16 fl. oz each) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
What the best makeup primer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Lorac has a great non-silicone one!
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Nars makeup primer is good but it does dry out the skin a bit.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
oncloudten wrote:
Lorac has a great non-silicone one!

I just tried the Lorac and really liked it. Very different then the others I've tried - it sinks in so it's less apt to ball up which I've had with silicones.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I'd recommand ChantecailleFuture Skin Oil Free Foundation
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier - the original - not oil free.
MAC Prep & Prime
I didn't really like the Smashbox one - I found it congested my skin, but that is probably from the silicone in it.
clear skin addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Do those of you that use a primer find that it makes a big difference? I've never used one and kind of feel that it is an added expense to an already expensive routine. If it works well I'd be willing to try it though. What do you think?
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Primer just fills in pores, lines...and the foundation goes smoother. It makes a 110% difference in my opinion Smile It's definitely worth a try! You will love it.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love the id bare minerals products. It goes on good to your skin and its natural looking.
clear skin addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I'm going to Sephora this weekend so I might give a few a try.
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Basically you have 2 choices, the ones that are silicone based and the few others(like Lorac) that are not. If your skin can tolerate the silicone, it really does make a difference.

V
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
The best makeup primers are those which contain silicone. Silicone will even skin tone, fill pores and provide a silky smooth base for makeup application.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Peter thomas roth max antishine gel, tried it, hate it. My face was still greasy and my makeup lumpy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love the chiiki munki retexturizing face primer. My makeup stays in place a lot longer and my skin feels so silky and soft! It works much better for my skin (i like the light consistency) than the MAC primer I had used previously. I like this better than the smashbox one I tried too. It feels amazing.

The purpose of a primer is to even out the texture of your skin (it helps to improve the appearance of any pores, flakiness, fine lines, wrinkles) so your skin appears smoother and your makeup will look SO much better after.
loo
5% products discount

Tue May 06, 2008 12:19 am      Reply with quote
RMK, Cle de Peau and Chanel are all good.
Aussielady

Tue May 06, 2008 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I am a converter to Artdeco cosmetics. It is a growing German company and they produce high quality products. Prices are very gentle, the Primer I use is excellent - it actually makes your sking glow! Try it
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
id bare mineral concealer should be a winner. Well you have to use the powder foundation and the mineral veil to give you that perfect look.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
An other good makeup primer is MAC.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend LM tinted moisturizer. Good stuff with SPF. My friend says smashbox is good too:)
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I bought N.V. Perricone M.D. Ceramic Skin Smoother Finishing Serum. It promises to "bridge the gap between serious skin care and natural looking makeup". It's a luxurious, oil-free primer that's too expensive to use on a regular basis, in my opinion. It's very nice, though, and contains some good ingredients. Face is left really smooth. Often, I use it just to smooth skin and skip makeup.

Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Magnesium Silicate, Silica, Xylitol, Inositol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocophersolan, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aspartarte, Zinc Gluconate, Sorbic Acid, Copper Gluconate, Fullerenes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
I bought N.V. Perricone M.D. Ceramic Skin Smoother Finishing Serum. It promises to "bridge the gap between serious skin care and natural looking makeup". It's a luxurious, oil-free primer that's too expensive to use on a regular basis, in my opinion. It's very nice, though, and contains some good ingredients. Face is left really smooth. Often, I use it just to smooth skin and skip makeup.

Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Magnesium Silicate, Silica, Xylitol, Inositol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocophersolan, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aspartarte, Zinc Gluconate, Sorbic Acid, Copper Gluconate, Fullerenes.

I tried the Ceramic Skin Smoother, and it didn't do anything for me. I liked the MAC Prep & Prime but it broke me out. I have a problem with Silicones, and most of the silicone free ones don't keep me matte enough.

Has anyone tried Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel?

I got a sample of it in the darkest shade, called Decadent.

Decadent:
Isododecane, Polysilicone - 11, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Thioctic Acid.

I'm going to try it tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone had already tried it.

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Wow everyone uses a wide variety of primers! So many brands I have never even heard of. Anyways, I use Laura Mercier. I guess its good. I can't really tell a difference when I use it and why I don't use though. I've tried smashbox's but I didn't like how think and drying it was. Maybe I will start testing out these other brands and find one that really works for me.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Smashbox photo finish...it is great that it can fill up your line around the eye
Linlin
5% products discount

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Definately Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. I also heard Smashbox Photo Finish was really good too.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Smashbox IS good...just not so good if you have really dry skin in my opinon. I like that Smashbox has smaller sizes of their products to purchase. That's how I tried Smashbox. Purchased the smaller size b/c it was a big investment and not out a lot of $$ if bad.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Doctor Babor Lifting RX Collagen Serum (4 bottles of net 3/16 fl. oz each) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |