Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches (60 patches) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)
Home microdermabrasion machine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Good for you Tia!! I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase. I just love my Microderm machine! I'll be very interested to hear your impressions!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Doh, It dawned on me you probably meant "thanks in advance" and not that your name is Tia... Guess I wasn't thinking clearly yesterday!! Laughing

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
SkinDeep38 wrote:
Doh, It dawned on me you probably meant "thanks in advance" and not that your name is Tia... Guess I wasn't thinking clearly yesterday!! Laughing

We all have our "doh" moments - when I first joined this forum, I couldn't get over how many people were called Tia!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Me, too!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Me Too! LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Phew, glad I'm not the only one... my husband got a laugh out of it as well b/c a couple days before I had explained to him what TIA meant. Too funny!

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Skindeep...how many times do you go over a specific area of your face w/your machine...I believe Keliu has said that the timepeel advices to only do 3 passes on each section of facial tissue..is that what you do?

and do you always move the wand upwards or do you sometimes also use a circular or sideways movement?

tia (Jasmine!)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, i haven't gotten 3-in-1 professional machine yet, cause they are out of them till the end of April (a 'beauty' school purchased the rest of the stock recently)..but i have the option of purchasing just the diamond heads and the wands which, i'm told is all you really need (accept their is no vacuum for the exfoliated skin to be sucked into)..so i am considering this.

SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jasmine,

Bummer they are out of them! I wouldn't just purchase the wands...I don't see what they would do without the suction but that's just me.

I have primarily been using the machine for my legs and arms b/c I get professional MD treatments on my face but I have done my face once in total and then I do my nose b/c there are alot of blackheads there... I typically go in one direction and go over the area a few times. I go both upwards/downwards and sideways but not circular (I'm going to use it more on my face once I have/heal from my next face treatments)

I would purchase an entire machine ... Tomorrow is April 1st and I know once they shipped it, it got to me pretty quick.

I feel for you though, I am not a patient person and a month seems like an eternity!!

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Jasminerosey - I would also advise waiting and purchasing the proper machine. The suctioning is a vital part of the process because it provides a good grip as well as sucking away the debris.

My advice on how to use the Timepeel applies to all machines. You only go in one direction, holding the skin taught with the other hand. If you were to use a circular motion, the skin would be puckering up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Just a clarification, I only go in one direction as well but go upwards on downwards depending upon the location... for example on my upper arms, I get a better suction sometimes going downwards but always go in the same direction. Hope that helps!!

ratty

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

The nurse at the spa where I get botox explained that the most important feature of microderm is the suction; that that is what stimulates the collagen formation.

Does anyone know if the suction on a home unit is comparable to the professional models? I have thin, crepey skin under my eyes so I would be using this to thicken it up and help with undereye wrinkles.

I looked at the derma rollers, too, but the reviews on those are pretty mixed.

Thanks!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:28 am      Reply with quote
ratty wrote:
Hello all,

The nurse at the spa where I get botox explained that the most important feature of microderm is the suction; that that is what stimulates the collagen formation.

Does anyone know if the suction on a home unit is comparable to the professional models? I have thin, crepey skin under my eyes so I would be using this to thicken it up and help with undereye wrinkles.

I looked at the derma rollers, too, but the reviews on those are pretty mixed.

Thanks!

I do think that the suction on the Timepeel is perfectly adequate for the job. That's very interesting that the nurse you spoke to said that suction is important for collagen formation. That is the principle behind the Vaculifter. Are you familiar with that little gadget? It's like a Chinese cupping device that adheres to the skin by suction, then you massage the face with it. It's a great little gadget and is available fromwww.ncnproskincare.com - so go have a look at it.

But to answer your question - I do think the suction of the home-use microdermabrasion machines is enough for exfoliation and stimulation of the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I have a home microdermabrasion machine to use primarily on my legs and arms and have used it on my face a couple times. I also get professional MD treatments on my face... the suction feels the same to me.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the timepeel since i didn't want to wait till the end of the month for the professional model.....and i love it..i'm only using it on a combo of low and medium so for now i think this is an appropriate machine for me..later i may purchase the pro model in addition for my arms and legs.

SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
So glad you got a machine and are liking it. My skin feels so soft these days!!

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
so..

the instructions on the timepeel say the device can be used 2-3 times a week...

so i tried it again a few days after using it the first time...all on medium intensity this time (with some areas on high intensity) and virtually no flakes came off my face (i'm even going to use the filter agin since it is virtually clean)....for those who use the timepeel machine (or other microdermabrasion machines)...is this typical?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
so..

the instructions on the timepeel say the device can be used 2-3 times a week...

so i tried it again a few days after using it the first time...all on medium intensity this time (with some areas on high intensity) and virtually no flakes came off my face (i'm even going to use the filter agin since it is virtually clean)....for those who use the timepeel machine (or other microdermabrasion machines)...is this typical?

I would advise to only do the treatment once a week - maybe for 6 weeks (this is the usual salon regimen) then have a rest. Just go by how your skin is looking and feeling. I'm currently doing a treatment once every couple of weeks.

When I do a treatment, I am quite aggressive. I use the high setting (except for around the eyes which I do on medium). I use short strokes going over each area three times.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
2-3 times a week sounds a bit excessive... I would recommend weekly like Keliu. It may have been just too soon to see any more exfoliation and too much is not good. I have been doing mine weekly even though it's tempting to do it more!! Smile

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I have a great home microderm machine. I used to get prof. microderms at my derm's. Recommended usage for me was once every 2 weeks. More than that is too much. My esthetian did tell me the suction action is what stimulates collagen production. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
THanks, everyone, for you input re only using the device once a week..sounds right!

Mars, what's the name of the device you have?

Keliu, how short are your strokes? From looking at the videos for the timepeel on yoy tube..it seems like fairly long stokes are done down the outsie of the cheeks..and from the pamphlet w/the device i seems like the width of the cheek is done in one stroke...but it sounds like you are dividing the areas into even smaller strokes (would you say something like 1 inch or so?)

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
My machine is the Nova NV-60 Diamond Dermabrasion. I don't know why it's called "Dermabrasion". It is a micro derm machine. A genuine dermabrasion can only be done by an MD. I've had one full face and another chin dermabrasion. It is a major ordeal. Exclamation However, this machine provides as good a micro derm as I ever had at the esty's. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Keliu, how short are your strokes? From looking at the videos for the timepeel on yoy tube..it seems like fairly long stokes are done down the outsie of the cheeks..and from the pamphlet w/the device i seems like the width of the cheek is done in one stroke...but it sounds like you are dividing the areas into even smaller strokes (would you say something like 1 inch or so?)

I'd say about an inch sounds right. But I basically do what is comfortable. You don't want to be dragging and stretching the skin too much - so I try and hold the skin taught with one hand whilst using the device with the other. I do short horizontal strokes across the forehead and under eyes. I do some longer vertical strokes on the side of the face. Short horizontal strokes around the jawline. I think it's important to be abrading the skin without to much dragging.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
thanks Keliu, i'll try it that way next session!

Mars, how much does your device cost...how did you find out about it?

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
HI, I found my machine on ebay. I believe it was around $250, but, I've had it a couple of years now so I really can't remember what I paid. Confused Almost everyday I just use the tube for suction. As I mentioned before, I only dermabrade every 2 weeks. Smile

Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |