Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: NEW 2009 Product for Lash Growth-RapidLash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I use Rapid Lash and it works great. My lashes are full and long. I also use Lumigan and other lash conditioners. I use Rapid lash 2/3 times a week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
oranges wrote:
I used rapidlash and now I opened my lumigan. I like the lumigan much better. It's not thick and goopy like rapidlash, it seems I'm less likely to get it in my eyes. I bought a very skinny paintbrush, put a drop on a clean mirror and then apply. It soaks right in and doesnt seem to be as messy or hard to apply as the rapidlash

Oranges,
How long have you been using the Lumigan? I am sitting on 2 unopened packages I ordered from United Chemists and still can't decide weather to risk reactions some have reported!

TIA
DM

I've been using it for about a week now. I'm only going every other night because I already achieved my desired length with the rapidlash
CTYankeegirl
5% products discount

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
It's been a little over a month since I started using Rapidlash. The irritation has lessened a lot. You just have to be careful that you apply it only to your lashline & not get it in your eyes or the surrounding skin. My lashes have gotten longer and I have a little more of them. So far I'd say it's worth giving it a try. Just remember to follow some of the advice here if you find you're experiencing a lot of initial irritation & itching.
I'll update as time goes on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to try it but even before I got a chance, I ended up at the opthamologist yesterday with some sort of major eye pain. I've been using KGF serum but it was not related.

I think what happened it I got the KGF in my eye and used Visine but I have dry eye syndrome and I'm not supposed to use Visine. Anyway, I think I'll wait until I am past this issue and then order some Rapidlash online.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
I was going to try it but even before I got a chance, I ended up at the opthamologist yesterday with some sort of major eye pain. I've been using KGF serum but it was not related.

I think what happened it I got the KGF in my eye and used Visine but I have dry eye syndrome and I'm not supposed to use Visine. Anyway, I think I'll wait until I am past this issue and then order some Rapidlash online.

UH OH now do I have to worry about the KGF serum I ordered???
DM Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
No no no, as I mentioned in the post, it was not from KGF, it was from my stupidity of using the Visine when I have a problem with my eyes called dry eye syndrome and I should not use Visine. I should have used artificial tears.

I love the KGF but it does sting if you get it in your eyes so be careful to put it along just the edge.

The KGF has helped my lashes be healthy but I was wondering if the Rapidlash would make them a bit longer than they are.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm still using the KGF. Make sure you refrigerate it to keep it in its best condition. I stopped while I had the eye issue but it's on the mend now with my new drops.

I am just concerned because I do have very sensitive eyes and after reading the stuff about the Rapidlash, maybe I should just stay with the KGF. Perhaps I need to give it more time to see better length. I think it's been 2.5 months.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
bordnfl2,
Welcome to the club "sensitive eyes" most products especially anything with artificial fragrance make my eyes tear and sting! No problem with the skin just my eyes! Main reason I am concerned about Lumigan ect.

A lot of people are reporting the same adverse reactions with Rapidlash as Lumigan/Latisse. But they are getting amazing results as far as growth there is quite a bit of shedding, but different recommendations on dealing with that on a couple of threads.

DM

Thanks
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
It's not a good club to belong to DM. When you get the KGF, just make sure to wipe carefully along the edge of the eye. There is an applicator that is easy to control how wet it is (I wipe on the inside of the bottle like mascara to take some off) and then apply.

I am using a lot of the Skinactive products but this is actually one of my favorites. I have had no lashes fall out for a long time and they are nice and thick. I'd love some length but don't want the redness around the eyes like Latisse can cause. Also, I have fatty bags under my eyes so I really have enough issues in the eye area.

I have to now use artificial tears 6 times a day, forever it seems. I wear makeup so it's a challenge but right now I have not had an major streaking at work. I will NEVER use waterproof mascara because I think that stuff ruins lashes when one tries to wash it off.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
No it is not a good club to belong to at all! I am with you on the waterproof mascara, it really tears up the lashes!
I have to be careful with using anything around my eyes or tears for hours!!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Well I have not been on here in awhile. Still using RL. But I thought after I reached my max length I could go on maintenance by using 3 or 4 days a week.. Well after a month or so they started to shrink again. Not all the way back but still noticeable. So I am back to daily and they are back to the wonderful thick and long lashes I love. Maybe just for ME but it is needed to be used daily for as long as you want them to be long and lovely.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Rapidlash at night for 2 weeks, and continue to use the KGF in the morning. I am getting compliments all over the place regarding my lashes this week so I owe all that to the KGF that I have been using for quite some time now.

I'm really curious what the Rapidlash will do. I'll report back in a few weeks.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
bordnfl2 wrote:
I'm still using the KGF. Make sure you refrigerate it to keep it in its best condition. I stopped while I had the eye issue but it's on the mend now with my new drops.

I am just concerned because I do have very sensitive eyes and after reading the stuff about the Rapidlash, maybe I should just stay with the KGF. Perhaps I need to give it more time to see better length. I think it's been 2.5 months.

How long did you use KGF before you saw anything happening? I tried it before and didn't see results, but I don't know if I didn't stick with it long enough.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I went back to look at my order to see when I started. It's been 3 months of use, and I think it took more than 2 months to see any changes but now they are really nice.

The one thing I noticed is I stopped losing lashes, and now I am seeing growth. I use the same mascara as before but now I actually get compliments so something has changed, even if not major like some I have seen with Latisse.

A few weeks ago I was at the open house of the Dermatologist I see. The reps from Allergan were there as well. Many had used Latisse and the results varied amongst users significantly. Some had such long growth that with mascara, it was a little freakish. Others, not so much but they looked nice, just not overwhelming.

I think we're all going to see different results from the same products that actually do work, and clearly some work better than other.

Since I am now using KGF AND Rapidlash, in about a month or so I really won't know, if I experience more growth, which product is responsible. But I do know I will continue to buy the KGF based on what I experienced prior to the Rapidlash.
IlsaLund
5% products discount

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I was considering eyebrow transplant and eyelash-extensions before I discovered this forum.
After reading some positive posts on Lumigan and Rapidlash I decided to give it a try!
I really love Rapidlash although it gave me pretty bad dark circles around my eyes. I have been aplying thick layer of an eyecream on my lower eyelids before using RL and it got a bit better.
I have a very fair skin so no concealer works for me.
I had also some burning sensation in my eyes after first few applications but it subsied after 5 days.
I am on week 4 and I hope my lashes and brows will get even better overtime!
Thanks to you I do not have to have surgery!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
wenrow wrote:
Well I have not been on here in awhile. Still using RL. But I thought after I reached my max length I could go on maintenance by using 3 or 4 days a week.. Well after a month or so they started to shrink again. Not all the way back but still noticeable. So I am back to daily and they are back to the wonderful thick and long lashes I love. Maybe just for ME but it is needed to be used daily for as long as you want them to be long and lovely.

Hey, good to see you back here! So - daily application for you then is giving you great lashes? Are they comparable with your Jan Marini ones (I remember the pic) or not as good?

I'm getting close to trying RL as Lumigan has never taken me much beyond reasonably good lashes - but certainly not remarkable enough to go without mascara (even when tinted black).

Perhaps I'm going to be resistant to EVERTHING. Sad
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use RapidLash as well and I love it. It seems to give me healthier, thicker lashes as well as length. In the past I used the original formula Revitalash, which I loved until it was reformulated, and Lumigan, which gave me length but not much thickness. I also wanted to say that my doctor advised me to be sure to apply RapidLash (or any lash enhancement product) prior to applying any type of eyecream to the upper lid; apply the lash formula first, let dry, then apply cream and try not to apply on top of the lash serum. Apparently when you first apply a cream and then your lash serum, the combination can seep into the eye and cause irritation. HTH! ~ JJ
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
I use RapidLash as well and I love it. It seems to give me healthier, thicker lashes as well as length. In the past I used the original formula Revitalash, which I loved until it was reformulated, and Lumigan, which gave me length but not much thickness. I also wanted to say that my doctor advised me to be sure to apply RapidLash (or any lash enhancement product) prior to applying any type of eyecream to the upper lid; apply the lash formula first, let dry, then apply cream and try not to apply on top of the lash serum. Apparently when you first apply a cream and then your lash serum, the combination can seep into the eye and cause irritation. HTH! ~ JJ

I've heard enough good things about the RL to convince me now. Just wish it was a bigger container, because I believe it's one of the smaller ones (although the price is lower too). Any cheap offers going anywhere? Laughing
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Semayden, I bought mine on eBay for $39.00 with free shipping. This product lasts longer than you might think. I'm careful to get it right at the base of the lashes (looking down into hand mirror while applying) and not waste any, but I was paying $150 for lash lengthener, so to me, this is one heck of a bargain. Oh, and it's thickening up my eyebrows beautifully, too. I could tell a difference within 2-3 weeks, and it keeps getting better. I really think you'll love it. JJ Very Happy
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
This is the seller I bought from: divinepro. She has 7 of the Rapidlash available now.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
This is the seller I bought from: divinepro. She has 7 of the Rapidlash available now.

Oh, sorry for not replying sooner, jjbeacham. Thankyou for the recc. seller for RL. I can't buy anything for a couple of weeks though - but I'll make a note of the name, so thanks for that!

I was interested and encouraged by your results, as I'm looking for thickness just as much as length - and Lumigan gave me reasonable length and thickness, but nothing very exciting really. Certainly no'one has ever commented on them, although they do look better when I keep applying Lumigan fairly regularly.

I actually stopped for a month (after going for about 6 months) and did see my lashes sort of shrink back somehow. Weird!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:

Oh, sorry for not replying sooner, jjbeacham. Thankyou for the recc. seller for RL. I can't buy anything for a couple of weeks though - but I'll make a note of the name, so thanks for that!

I was interested and encouraged by your results, as I'm looking for thickness just as much as length - and Lumigan gave me reasonable length and thickness, but nothing very exciting really. Certainly no'one has ever commented on them, although they do look better when I keep applying Lumigan fairly regularly.

I actually stopped for a month (after going for about 6 months) and did see my lashes sort of shrink back somehow. Weird!

Semayden, the thickness factor is what has impressed me. I had length with Lumigan, but no increase in thickness at all. Very different results with RapidLash. It's also worked amazingly well on my eyebrows. When they grew back after chemo (I was lashless AND eyebrowless), they didn't grow as close to the nose as they did prior to chemo, so I had been using brow makeup to fill in that tiny area. Now, the brows have completely grown back where they once were! That happened within three weeks. I am thrilled with RapidLash, and I think you will be too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
semayden,
Hello, I have been too chicken to try the Lumigan! But I have read a lot of threads on the Lash enhancement products the fact seems to be with any that if you stop using them your lashes return to the "normal" length and thickness you had prior to use! I don't know if the same holds true for eyebrows.
It sounds like you have found a product that works great for you all.
Has anyone had any side effects with this. I really would love to try something but have really sensitive eyes!

TIA
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
semayden wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:

Semayden, the thickness factor is what has impressed me. I had length with Lumigan, but no increase in thickness at all. Very different results with RapidLash. It's also worked amazingly well on my eyebrows. When they grew back after chemo (I was lashless AND eyebrowless), they didn't grow as close to the nose as they did prior to chemo, so I had been using brow makeup to fill in that tiny area. Now, the brows have completely grown back where they once were! That happened within three weeks. I am thrilled with RapidLash, and I think you will be too.

Very sorry to hear you had to undergo chemo, jjbeaucham, but glad you got good re-growth with RL in the end.

I hope your seller will be quick off the mark once I do manage to place an order (end of month) and that it arrives in England quickly, and in time for a fatter lashed Christmas! Laughing
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I used Rapid Lash from May till November, now I am pausing for a little while. The lashes were growing all this time, I likes my long lashes, but in mid October, they started falling out. All long lashes, I mean. The short ones are ok, staying put. But within a week or 2, all long lashes were gone Crying or Very sad

I know that as the hair grows, it lives for a while then falls out and so on, but all the long lashes fell out at the same time and the sort ones are not growing fast enough to substitute them to make it look as seamless transaction. I am back to square one again.

Anyone has advice on how to stop this sudden loss from repeating itself?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |