Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Received my RevitaLash last night - Will post results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have had to pluck lashes that have grown in odd places like the inner corner of my eye. I have been using the "old JM" formula for 3 months and just this last week my lashes have exploded all of a sudden! This afternoon when I got home from work I was trying to take my makeup off, a little liner on my lids and it wouldnt come off and I realized I never put liner on...up close in the magnifying mirror I had so many black lashes squished together, it makes it look like I have black eyeliner..there are layers and layers of lashes on my top lid-this stuff really works!I just hope the new JM is just as good.
Loreg
5% products discount

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, why do you want to pluck your lash? By now means I would do it!!! My lashes are like gold, although they are too long!!! (actually not long enough!)
I am in my sixth week and seeing really good results with RL, but not amazing, either. I am waiting for noticeable results, like someone telling "Oh, what pretty lashes!!". Too pretentious??? Confused
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy, do you think RL is working for you?

Anyone - I found ONE lash that is curving down instead of up. It's the weirdest thing. I am not talking about pointing straight down like my lashes normally do, but this one has a curve in the middle. I found this when I put Ardell on my lashes to condition it, and found that this particular lash is thick up to the middle, and then thin out as though it's the newly grown part, and the thin part is so limp that it just hangs down. Has anyone had a lash like that? Thank God that not all of them are like that, or it would look weird. I tried to straighten up this one lash, and it wouldn't budge.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I have had weird lashes that have curved backwards too-I should pluck it but I am afraid to. I have RL but I havent used it much I have mostly just been using the old JM formula because I have had such great results,hope the new formula works just as well.I heard RL is also under investigation by the FDA....here we go!I noticed too that overnight on ebay JM went from 250 pr tube back down to 120 the week they re-released it.Now if the new stuff doesnt work the old stuff will really be worth a lot!I really wonder if RL and JM have the same ingredients.....I have noticed too the lashes at the ends of my eyes are very long, they look like extensions,I wonder if I should trim them because I dont want people to think I am wearing falsies.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
My outter lashes on my left eye are growing pretty long, whereas my right side's eyelashes are falling behind!! Mad
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Loreg wrote:
bkkgirl, why do you want to pluck your lash? By now means I would do it!!! My lashes are like gold, although they are too long!!! (actually not long enough!)
I am in my sixth week and seeing really good results with RL, but not amazing, either. I am waiting for noticeable results, like someone telling "Oh, what pretty lashes!!". Too pretentious??? Confused

I just want to pluck the one at the end of my left eyelid b/c it's much longer than the rest and it's not curving up. I also just wanted to see how long it is, so it can be my mark since it seems my other lashes should have the capability of growing this long. But I tried plucking it, and it hurt too much I didn't pluck it. I guess if I tried plucking really hard, it would eventually come off. I just wasn't masochistic enough. lol
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
My outter lashes on my left eye are growing pretty long, whereas my right side's eyelashes are falling behind!! Mad

Have you taken pics? I think my right lashes are falling behind, too, but the weirdest thing is when I take pics, it seems they're the same.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
if you are afraid to pluck, just trim it with tiny scissors. Just be careful or you might nip the whole lot....
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
if you are afraid to pluck, just trim it with tiny scissors. Just be careful or you might nip the whole lot....

Smart idea!! I think you should trim it instread bkkgirl! Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Have you taken pics? I think my right lashes are falling behind, too, but the weirdest thing is when I take pics, it seems they're the same.

I don't have a camera. My sony cyber shots got stolen.. Sad The quality on my cell phone is soo bad that my lashes look blurred out. You can't really tell a difference from the pics. Sad
patrice
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
bbk..don't pluck...just cut with cuticle scissors...I definitely would not pluck..that's painful!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Patty PM me and said that she was able to get wholesale discount, so i think i will get one from her

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
question: do you need to keep using this forever? or you can stop once lashes reaches your desire length.

thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
yuki wrote:
question: do you need to keep using this forever? or you can stop once lashes reaches your desire length.

thanks

Yeah, you pretty much have to keep using it, but once you get desired length, you can back off to every other day instead of every day. However, I am also using SAS KGF for brows on my lashes and ardell, and I want to see if I stop using RL, would it keep my length. SAS KGF is only $9.50 a tube. Ardell is only $4 (but i have to buy mine at drugstore.com and they rip you off w/ $6 shipping).
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl,
where can i get SAS KGF?
I have bought Ardell at my local CVS store before Smile
I think Ardell did some good to my lashes, maybe lengthened it just a little bit.

Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
yuki wrote:
bkkgirl,
where can i get SAS KGF?
I have bought Ardell at my local CVS store before Smile
I think Ardell did some good to my lashes, maybe lengthened it just a little bit.

Smile Smile

You can buy it at skinactives.com. Go to the product list page, and scroll down to the KGF for brows. Click add to cart. Don't open the link b/c it will bring you to just KGF, not the brows one. It's a bit hard to find.
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
i receieved mine this morning Razz
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:51 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
try talika--their formulation is non-irritating.

here are my results after almost two weeks!

in the first pics, i'm not wearing mascara, so let's just say that the difference between before and after is dramatized. but there is a difference!
--avalange

before:

and after:Image

--avalange

the result was amazing

I purchased one from talika before but havent tried yet
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I starting to see how much longer my lashes are from the RL. I'll take a photo soon. My derm told me to use Talkia in the AM to condition, and that it extends the life of a lash, but does not promote growth.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I starting to see how much longer my lashes are from the RL. I'll take a photo soon. My derm told me to use Talkia in the AM to condition, and that it extends the life of a lash, but does not promote growth.

How long have you been using RL?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
yogi wrote:

I had to look back through the posts to see when I started!! Jan 27th. So I'm not at the "WOW" level yet, but the are longer!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
yogi wrote:

I had to look back through the posts to see when I started!! Jan 27th. So I'm not at the "WOW" level yet, but the are longer!

I started mine on Jan 4. I'm not at the WOW stage either, but they're much longer for someone like me. Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Here're pics of my RL lashes (first started using RL on 1/4/07):

Taken on 2/13/07:

Taken today 3/15/07:
Straight shot:
Taken from above the eyes:
Left eye:
Right eye:
Taken from below the eyes:

Seriously I don't see any improvement from 2/13/07, and I think some lashes on my right eye really need to grow longer. You can see some of them are almost half as long as the longer ones.

Also, I think my lashes are pretty sparse. I am definitely NOT WOWing over my results.

So where's Carekate's Lush Lash serum? (crying)

ETA: I was not wearing any eyeliner (except for the permanent tattoos) or mascara in any of the pictures.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am half asian and had so so lashes,after using the old JM my lashes exploded.Today at work 3 people asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes! The old stuff works for sure!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Lucy, before you started your JM, would you say your lashes were about mine at this point (see pics above taken on 3/15/07)? I think my lashes still look pathetic but as you could see some lashes are really short, so RL must have done something to my lashes to make them longer to look like other normal people's lashes. However there's really no fullness to them at all. Do your lashes have fullness and length?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 17, 2024 11:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |