Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acne at 30
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I also had acne as an adult. Completely cured with minimal maintenence. Here's the combo that worked for me.. I refuse to use Benzol Peroxide, I'm of the school of thought that believes it ages the skin long term.

1. No acids. Was just irritating my skin. My face hates AHAs and BHAs, especially the ones found in acne ingredients. Made skin markedly worse. Shiny apple peel look plus dermatitis and sensitive skin. Retin A is the exception.
2. Eliminated sulfates from life. Resorted to DIY DR HCC. Now I use the NCN Rassoul clay soap as well, alternating when I feel like I need less oil.
3. Eliminated peanuts from diet (peanuts may not be your smoking gun, but don't rule out food allergies that crop up as an adult.)
4. High Frequency device. Kills all bacteria on skin in one swoop, fun to use is a bonus.
5. Retin A.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
There are two simple solutions on treating adult acne. I have suffered with this problem since the age of 20 and am now 34, clear skin for the past 4 years with these simple tips. 1. Make white vinegar part of your nightly beauty regime. You need to start with undiluted vinegar then make your way to part vinegar and part water. 2. Brewers yeast is a great simple solution for most people. You need to read more on this as it may be bad for certain types of people with certain medical conditions or taking certain types of medications. Read more on this in the detailed articles on this topic at oaktreevintage.wordpress. The story on cystic acne and how to use the vinegar is great for people going through adult acne.
ritusen
5% products discount

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Keep your hands and hair off your face. Because both our hands and hair contain oils that will irritate your skin and make your acne problem much worse.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I developed adult acne when I was your age also, think it was caused by diet/lifestyle choices. Acne is an endocrine disorder mostly so it's caused by something going on *inside* your body, not by what you put on your face. You may need to change your diet/lower carbs & start exercising more. If you have blood type O consider paleo/primal & go grain free. I didn't when I was your age and think it kept my acne going due to the inflammation/insulin & eventually had to go on the bcp which I do not recommend if you can avoid.

More info on changing diet etc:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz1gcirMnMT

Consider retinoids and TCA peels also. I might have used a Clarisonic when I was breaking out but be aware that the brush does harbor all kinds of bacteria so you will need to wash frequently.

Also since acne is hormonal maybe read up on female health etc. The change starts in the 40s but signs can pop up in the 30s depending on lifestyle choices etc.

This book It's My Ovaries Stupid by Elizabeth Vliet explains why endocrine disorders like acne are becoming more prevalent; she is very pro bcp though:
http://www.amazon.com/Ovaries-Stupid-Revised-Womans-Health/dp/1933213035/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323969889&sr=8-1

I read Sex Lies and Menopause in my late 30s but saw it on the shelf when I was in early 30s when I was still in the "I'm practically 20 something phase"-- great book that explains hormonal cycles:
http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Lies-Menopause-Synthetic-Alternatives/dp/0060542349/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323970038&sr=8-1
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:17 am      Reply with quote
NLucy wrote:
I know it sounds really simple but have you tried washing all your brushes? And your phone? I got a bunch of pimples all across my cheeks and couldn't figure out why for ages. Also, I had a really old phone, and the 'silver cover' of the buttons started to wear down to show the nickle (you know like cheap rings that go orange and stain your fingers?) underneath....turned out I was always allergic to nickle so that's what was causing them!

But if it's more serious than that definitely see a dermatologist before you try anything drastic! I read that some docs say that we're immune to antibiotics or will become immune so it's best to stay away from them!

Good tip on washing the makeup brushes-
I actually wash mine weekly or every 10 days at most- and in between wipe them down w alcohol so they look cleaner when in a rush.

I've had some of my makeup brushes 8 years or more so not washing would be gross.
I knew one lady who told me she never washed her brushes...yuck!

I also have a powder compact and change the puff in that weekly.
I just buy puffs a the store and cut them in 4 as I never seem to use the whole thing anyways-less waste too.

I also clean my cell phone every day or 2 . I have some alcohol wipes and just wipe my phone down...so many "germs" outside.

Also if you have sunglasses it is nice to clean those to.
My frames have some special grippy rubber nose pads and they get gross w sunscreen and sweat- so I clean those w alcohol too.
or else my sunglasses would also slip around during sports.

For blemish treatments I like items from many brands but mostly use Mario Badescu, Nucelle, M2 skincare and PSF.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |