Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your fave C serum!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:25 am      Reply with quote
bluebelle wrote:
PocoLoco, I would still use a moisturizer/sunscreen over it normally (esp. during the day), but I want the option of not having to put yet another product on overnight (when I don't need SPF) if I want to give my skin a little break. Also, the tightness leaves me feeling like the serum didn't so much absorb into my skin as dry on top of it.

Bluebell, I tried JB C&C serum yesterday. Maybe this is what you are looking for. Such a wonderful feeling afterwards: no tightness, no dryness, and no greasy film. Moreover, it feels like you don't need to put a moisturiser on top. So far, I like it. You can get the sample from ebay.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I love Vitamin C serum....here is a list of the one's I've used, listed in order of preference:

Vivier 20%
PSF Super Emergen C 20%
Cellular Skin RX
Skinceuticals C, E and ferulic
JB C&C
Obagi C 20%

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I second the opinion about JB C&C serum. I love that one too.

To Milinomi (sp?), about breaking out from PSF 12% vit. C serum. If I had to guess, I'd say that you broke out from the high glycerine content rather than the % of vit. C in the solution. Lots of people (including me) are intolerant of high % of glycerine in serums.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is the Cellular Skin Rx 12% one. Been using for at least two years now. No stinging, residue, irritation, etc. I use under my eyes, on my neck and top of chest area, too.
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have to cast a vote for the PSF 12%
Granted, it's the only one I've used, but I have truly reactive skin, and this did nothing but great things for me. My pores are smaller, my skin tone is even, and my skin seems "thicker", somehow. Maybe these are the results you see with all vitamin C serums, but I am not inclined to switch brands - the price is right, and I'm terrified that something else might break me out or cause a reaction Embarassed
bluebelle
5% products discount

Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
Bluebell, I tried JB C&C serum yesterday. Maybe this is what you are looking for. Such a wonderful feeling afterwards: no tightness, no dryness, and no greasy film. Moreover, it feels like you don't need to put a moisturiser on top. So far, I like it. You can get the sample from ebay.

I don't see that on the JB page here at EDS - help?

Age: 37. Coloring: Fair, blue eyes, any red marks can be seen from 20 feet away. Acne-prone, with combo-to-dry skin. Currently loving: GoW's mandelic acid serum, and beta glucans + topical antioxidants and vitamins for clear, calm, glowing skin.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:22 am      Reply with quote
bluebelle wrote:
jumpingball wrote:

I don't see that on the JB page here at EDS - help?

This is the link:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-vitamin-c-c-fa-p_3820.htm
bluebelle
5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! I though JB was Juice Beauty. Surprised

Thanks! Not a bad price ...

Age: 37. Coloring: Fair, blue eyes, any red marks can be seen from 20 feet away. Acne-prone, with combo-to-dry skin. Currently loving: GoW's mandelic acid serum, and beta glucans + topical antioxidants and vitamins for clear, calm, glowing skin.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
bluebelle wrote:
Oh! I though JB was Juice Beauty. Surprised

Thanks! Not a bad price ...

Actually, it's pretty expensive. The price is for 15, not 30 ml. Razz

You can get the sample from ebay first to see if you like it. Wink
bluebelle
5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:

Actually, it's pretty expensive. The price is for 15, not 30 ml. Razz

... I was mentally comparing it to the Skinceuticals price ... Wink

daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the vivier one, specially the KINE-C because it smells great, does not irritate me and does not break me out at all. I have in the past tried homemade C and cellex. Both broke me out and irritated my skin...
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Why does EDS have the Vivier line represented, and you can't buy them on EDS??? Confused How are you supposed to buy them?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:39 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco, I believe you have to call them to order vivier products.
lovelyme
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
i have been using cellex-c for about a month and my skin tone is so much better and seems to be helping reduce pores. i also use the hydrator too. it is pricy but i will probably keep using it. what do you think about it?
rayofsun
5% products discount

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
This might be a stupid question but, do you count about 6-8 weeks from the time you open the bottle or when it's been put to a bottle regarding vit c serums going bad? I guess if you count from manufacturing date, that's kind of a short time for stores to sell it even. Just making sure. Anyone?
lovelyme
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I start the day I open the bottle of the Cellex-c. I have read that it is still good even when it turns a dark yellow.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Henry Tianus Antioxidant Youthful Essence? It has 20% "stabilised vitamin C" (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate). I have not heard much about this type of vitamin C, don't know if it is as effective as L-ascorbic acid?

I also have sensitive skin and was thinking that this type of vitamin C might have less of a chance of irritating my skin. But then again it just plain might not work either, so I thought I would ask if anyone had experience with it.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am a bit sensitive and like Skin Medica's Vitamin C complex. It's a 15% Vit C with Vit E.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Stella, I haven't tried that particular serum, but I do know that there are plenty of studies showing the photoprotective qualities and collagen generating capabilities of the vitamin C esters. I use them myself instead of L-ascorbic acid because they are non-irritating.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
love vivier
llb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the MyChelle C serum. I love it because it's all natural and very effective. It actually has quite a bite to it when I put it one.
rabbitpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your sharing. Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
How do you do this to make your very own vitamin c?

Nijey wrote:
I make my own with vit. c crystals and water or just add the crystals to another serum.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jumpingball and all there, I also want to find a C serum for use in AM, I have tried skinceutical (no use), PSF (too dry) and Kate & ISC super (cause breakouts) and now would like to try the JB C&C...

Jumpingball, are you using the JB C&C together with the other JB products like skin prep or C+E? I am using their 30 days kit which works good for me but I just use it in PM as it cause residue on my face in AM... so would you mind telling me how you use it together with your other regime. Thanks!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I used Obagi-C 10% serum, it's nice!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |