Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Doctor Babor Lifting RX Collagen Serum (4 bottles of net 3/16 fl. oz each) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz)
Best Dermalogica products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Microfoliant and Skin Prep scrub (for my elbows mainly)
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I recommend Daily Microfoliant.

I use it every morning and my skin feels lovely and smooth afterwards and my MMU goes on lovely.

I am waiting for my order of Anti Bac Cleanser and Active Moist to arrive so i will have to let you know about those.

I recently tried a sample of Anti Bac Cooling Mask which was lovely and minty, i also liked my sample of the Skin Refining Mask.

Hannah x

5% products discount

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Extra Firming Booster Wink
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
The Daily Microfoliant.
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
The Daily Microfoliant, lol
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Special cleansing gel. It's a great basic cleanser but it can be stripping. I have combo skin and I can only use it in the summer when my skin is more oily.

The multivitamin recovery mask is amazing! Super hydrating and full of good stuff. My skin loves it!

Precleanse is an excellent makeup removing oil cleanser before your regular cleanser. I don't use it everyday thought as I do find it clogs up the pores eventually. But I keep it around for party nights! Bad Grin

Daily microfoliant is very gentle for a scrub and pleasant to use, but I'm not addicted to it..yet!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I've only tried a few products from this line, which all of them I hated or was indifferent about except for the Ultra Calming Cleanser. I liked it, but it reminded me a lot of Cetaphil in terms of texture although it's MUCH MUCH more gentle on my sensitive. However, I wouldn't use it to remove makeup of any kind. I only used it as a morning cleanser which was all it's great for.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I've got combo skin with a super greasy forehead and occasional chin breakouts.

I really like the pre-cleanse. A lot of homemade OCM recipes really irritated my skin, but pre-cleanse never bothers me. Also it rinses off really well, which is unusual for an oil based cleanser.

I like the daily microfoliant but I've gotten out of the habit of using it.

The active moist is a light moisturizer that didn't break me out. I've also used the skin smoothing cream at night, which also didn't break me out. Both moisturizers were nice but I wasn't in love.

I was really into the special cleansing gel for a while since it was a good replacement for the Aveda gel cleanser that I used to use religiously until they changed the formula to one where the scent really bothered me. But halfway through the bottle of special cleansing gel I noticed that the skin on my forehead was uneven and bumpy. I switched back to the Komenuka Bijin cleansing grains that I had been using before the Demologica and my forehead was back to normal.
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
MuliVitamin Power Recovery mask & Daily Microfoliant
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
i have combination skin too...i recommend the following:

1.precleanse
2.special cleansing gel
3.multiactive toner
4.active moist
5.skin smoothing cream
6.multivitamin power firm for eyes and lips
7.total eye care
8.soothing eye makeup remover
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Special Cleansing Gel, it's a really nice and basic cleanser that works for my oily-combo skin. But it's kinda pricey so I don't use it anymore since a $3 Biore drugstore cleanser does the same for me.

However I MUST always have the Medicated Clearing Gel because it's the ONLY pimple gel/cream that works for me. I put it on my spots and they're almost always cleared in a day or two, it's amazing!
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend Daily Microfoliant
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:26 am      Reply with quote
i like its clesnsing gel and sunscreen
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I dont really like alot of Dermalogica for my skin 29yo combination. However there are a few that have been repurchased and will at stages again.
Precleanse
Eye cream spf15
Eye makeup remover/cleanser
Body cream the one with BHAs

I personally didnt like any of there moisturisers, the masks are all ok but for me there are better out there.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is on the dry side. Special Cleansing Gel, Skin Smoothing Cream, Active Moist Toner and my most favourite item, the Daily Microexfoliant! Very Happy
vanbergc
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I've been testing the newer "Age Smart" line in the trial-sized kit for about a month now. OMG, I didn't expect to like these (I hadn't used Dermalogica for years and years) but boy did I.

Cleanser is wonderful...exfoliates with lactic acid. Toner is wonderful (and I don't use toner much except to hydrate my skin before moisture). Sunscreen product/moisturizer is aesthetically wonderful (don't know ANYTHING about chemical susncreens, so I don't know if this is a good one or not). Lip balm is out of this world in my book...just love it. I've bought full sizes of each of these.

Oh, and these are the products with the high ORAC clove oil in them. Smells divine and doesn't irritate my skin at all. In fact, just the opposite.

Problem?...so darn expensive!
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Hands down microfoliant. It it so lovely it'll brighten you right up. Special Cleansing Gel was a favourite for a long time but I tend to over wash my face so I like a more emollient creamy cleanser.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:13 am      Reply with quote
daily microfoliant

and Intensive Moisture Balance is also good!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:29 am      Reply with quote
hi all,

with all this cold weather, my fav dermalogica products are the muti mask, hydrating mask, and soothing protector spray, for my extremely dry skin. the products are great quality and they're helping to keep my face hydrated and intact. love it!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I still love the Daily Microfoliant though I don't use it daily. It is gentle and leaves my skin feeling really smooth and never tight or dry.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I like Dermalogica Power Rich, it works good on me.
Kasia1502

Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
For a combination skin you have to try dermal clay cleanser - its really good and you can use it as a face mask as well, just leave it for 10 minutes. It cleanses very well without drying out the skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Bioelements Remineralist Daily Moisture (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |