Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ladies, what's your best Sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Am currently using Clarins UV Plus and am loving it.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
i like ddf's organic sunscreen..have tried many others and most are quite greasy which leave a residue on the surface of my skin..
and i still pick foundation with spf in it..just to make sure =)
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Neutrogena UltraSheer dry touch SPF 30.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I try to buy sunscreen with Mexoryl- Anthelios. I also am so thankful to have found Sophina Nuance through the EDS message board.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is La Roche Posay Dermo-Pediatrics SPF 50+ PPD 28. Unfortunately, the avobenzone in it stains my shirts, so I sometimes use Sheiseido lotion SPF 55 on my neck and chest. I also often use the Shiseido in winter.
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
thanks much for all the tips...

i have tried Sheiseido lotion SPF 55
but that's too drying for me...

I'm also looking at the ddf organic sunscreen...hmm.. Question Question

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I read the positive reviews for other products in this line...has anyone tried this?

Brave Soldier Solar Shield spf 28
(Moisturizing Sunblock) $18 / 4oz.
(good value!)

"Solar Shield is a remarkable hypoallergenic moisturizing sunscreen specifically formulated to provide broad-spectrum UVA & UVB protection. Non-irritating, non-whitening and non-greasy, Solar Shield is water resistant and contains the powerful sunblock, micronized zinc oxide. Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as Vitamin E, green tea extract, Hawaiian kukui nut oil, and other botanical extracts combine to fight the drying effects of the sun, while keeping your skin feeling light and smooth."

Formula Notes:
Originally formulated to protect extremely sensitive skin following facial dermabrasion, Solar Shield SPF 28 can be used as a face moisturizer or a full body sun block. This non-greasy formula absorbs quickly and is lab-tested to be water-resistant. The satiny formula is ideal for daily use, whether alone or with cosmetics. Solar Shield is non-comedogenic making it ideal for children and those with delicate skin. For sports enthusiasts, an SPF of 28 means you can spend more time riding, running and climbing and less time worrying about the effects of the sun.

Ingredients:
Key Ingredients: Micronized zinc oxide, macadamia nut oil, Vitamin E, Hawaiian kukui nut oil, aloe extract, sunflower oil, allanatoin. Full ingredient list: Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Purified Water, Ethylhexyl Pamitate, Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Laurymethicone, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherhyl, Acetate, Sodium Chloride, Helianthus Annus, Camellia Olifera, Aleruites Molucanna, Tetrahexldecyl Ascorbate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Allanatoin, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely love my DermaDoctor Body Guard Oil-Free SPF 30 Sunblock. It's nice because it goes on thin, not pasty at all. I have been using it for 2 years now. I would have to say if I was only allowed 1 face product out of all my many products (including my Vit. C Serum which I also adore and has made the biggest difference in my skin), I would have to choose my sunblock.

I have oily skin with mild breakouts, so it is difficult to find sun protection that will not contribute to my breakouts and that is not too thick and pasty with a white cast, which many do. It goes on very light, is oil-free and oil-reducing and gives UVA/UVB protection. I like that it gives a very matte finish to my skin, no more oiliness mid-day, no more having to blot my face. It acts like a primer so my liquid foundation looks so much better when I put it on, keeps my foundation from settling in my pores and definitely makes more pores less noticeable. Other than my B-5 Gel, I use this Sunblock as a moisturizer also as it has Green Tea, Chamomile, Calendula,Cucumber and Hyaluronic Acid in it and it is my final step in my skincare routine in the morning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
it can't be added.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
My doctor recommends me Skinceutical suncreen after I had my freckles removed.

I think the suncreen quite nice, not too sticky.
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like DHC White sunscreen. It is not heavy feeling, and it doesn't cause breakouts for me. It dries quite matte on me. I cannot deal with the chemical sunscreens because they either smell weird or make my skin red. The DHC is expensive for the tiny amount that you get, but considering how many sunscreens I have tossed because I couldn't use them, the DHC is cost-effective; it is the only sunscreen that I have completely used up. It is okay for every day use, and I stay out of the sun in the summer, so I will probably stick with it.

Tina
vzeider
5% products discount

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Most sunscreens tend to make my skin dry but I have finally found one that I absolutely LOVE!!!!!! IS Clinical Moisturizing Treatment SPF 20. It is amazing. Maybe a tad expensive but I am so tired of trying sunscreens that will either make my skin sting and break out in a rash or make me look as if I'd spent the weekend in Vegas without water.....
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Tina,
I have used DHC oil cleanser and liked it very much. Other products i have tried with DHC didn't come to my expectation Embarassed Embarassed
Have not tried their white sunscreen, but the fact that it's physical, it's always a plus.
I am currently using Dr. Ci:Labo's sunscreen with SPF36, which i like, and more expensive than DHC. I'm trying to find an alternative, i have heard rave reviews on Juice Beauty SPF30 too.
so i may try that.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I bought La Roche-Posay: Anthelios SX last week and I love it. I have the oillies and this works great with my skin. It almost dries to a matte finish. Only down fall is that it only comes in SPF15; whats up with that?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
another vote for Anthelios. I use the Dermos Pediatrics for body and 50+ Fluid Extreme for my face...but honestly, I'm looking for a replacement because of the expense. I thought La Roche Posay was going to bring the ingredient Mexoryl into US products but I've yet to find it, consequently I buy it from faraway pharmacy's that ship it into the states. Just too darn expensive though!
alibabka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
For the oily peeps, I am hoping to try colorescience powder sunscreen (after Cameron Diaz recommended it in Self Mag, saying she'd always had trouble with acne and this was one thing that helped her). i like the idea of brushing something onto the face quickly. i suppose some of the mineral make up companies have analogous stuff, but the colorescience one sounds strong. (also pricy)

I am glad to see someone praising Aubrey organics -- I have not used their sunscreen but have tried other things and liked them -- they seem slightly more calming/less irritating than a lot of other things i have used. I didn't know if it was my imagination...
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I whip up in an electric mixer 8% Z-Cote (microfine coated zinc oxide)and 7% titanium dioxide in my own anti-oxidant face cream for day wear - total physical sunscreen concentration of 15%.

I have tailored this concoction to be the perfect consistency and mattness for myself and I just l-u-r-r-r-v-e it.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love sunkiller and sofina--so matte and easy to apply, just glides on and keeps skin so nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
At the moment, it's Sunkiller SPF 50. For the beach, I prefer Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen SPF 50 as it's waterproof.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:
I like DHC White sunscreen. It is not heavy feeling, and it doesn't cause breakouts for me. It dries quite matte on me. I cannot deal with the chemical sunscreens because they either smell weird or make my skin red. The DHC is expensive for the tiny amount that you get, but considering how many sunscreens I have tossed because I couldn't use them, the DHC is cost-effective; it is the only sunscreen that I have completely used up. It is okay for every day use, and I stay out of the sun in the summer, so I will probably stick with it.

Tina

What's the SPF of DHC White Sunscreen? Does it leave a white cast?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
i like ddf's organic sunscreen..have tried many others and most are quite greasy which leave a residue on the surface of my skin..
and i still pick foundation with spf in it..just to make sure =)

My latest fav too - the first non-chemical sunscreen I've found that doesn't break me out or make me look like a ghost!
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Is there such thing as too much SPF?
i have never used SPF 50.
it's stronger, but does it then makes your skin more sensitive to sun? if you go back to let say 35, after an year of applying 50, will you get sun spots?
hmm hmm hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
scrabble-and-tea wrote:
I like LaRoche Posay Aqua-Lait because it has an SPF of 50+ and a PPD of 28 (the UVA ageing rays) which is absolutely great. It has the highest UVA protection I've seen. No breakouts so far.

same here, but i am using spf60, it's good! anyone is using LRP spray sunscreen? is it good?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
What's the SPF of DHC White Sunscreen? Does it leave a white cast?

DHC is SPF25. Some people have mentioned that it does leave a white cast, and others don't seem to have a problem with it. I have not tried it. I would think the white cast depends on how much you apply and if your natural skin tone is darker or has pink, red, yellow, etc. tones.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I thought La Roche Posay was going to bring the ingredient Mexoryl into US products but I've yet to find it, consequently I buy it from faraway pharmacy's that ship it into the states. Just too darn expensive though!
They have you can get it at the dermstore. La Roche-Posay: Anthelios SX SPF 15 is the only kind that's offered in the US; I think.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Derm Repair Restructuring Serum (30 ml) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |