Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)
Product Review: big fat rave for Orgasm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
UPDATE / P.S.: I fall deeper in love with my Orgasm gloss everyday...I actually find myself “checking my lipstick” in the mirror more often than usual, though the truth is that I’m just admiring the stunning glow on my mouth!! Especially today, as I’m wearing it over my Vincent Longo lip/cheek stain in “Cupid’s Breath” (red-orange) to give my lips this gorgeous kiss of peach. I think every girl should have an Orgasm this great at least once in her life! Wink Laughing
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Carekate,
I just got a lip shimmer without a lip liner. I guess Mabsy can tell us if she is using any lip liner with it. I personally have not been able to find perfect lip liners for any of my lip glosses so I use them without lip liners. I just like the simple look of lip gloos on my lips.
Carekate, I don't think you can order GA lip shimmer on line from Saks. I tried looking it up on their website and I can't find it. May be you can call them and make a phone order, but definetely check your local store first.
Let me know if I can be of any help Smile
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Stop it Carekate Speak to the hand
I think I need to stop by sephora in the very near future Rolling Eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
FYI - have you ever heard of the ‘reverse lip liner’? It’s supposed to help deal with the problem women have of being unable to find a lip liner that actually matches their lipstick or gloss. Duwop (makers of the infamous “Lip Venom”) and Cargo make one. Basically, it’s a liner that is the same color as your skin, and you use it to outline your lip line (actually, just outside your lip line) and it’s supposed to keep your lip gloss from migrating outside your actual lip area. Based on MUA reviews, I bought Cargo’s version as the reviewers said it was ‘creamier’ in texture so it didn’t tug or pull when you applied it. I actually use my reverse lipliner every day, including with my Orgasm gloss. It’s one of those things that, once you get it, you suddenly find you can’t live without and wonder how come nobody thought of this idea before!

Just for reference, here’s the reviews from MUA:

• Duwop Reverse Lipliner: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=43896/Reverse_Lip_Liner/DuWop/Lips/
• Cargo Reverse Lipliner: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=13190/Reverse_Lipliner_for_Gloss/Cargo/Lip_Liners/

HTH,
Carrie
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Carekate,
Thanks a lot. This actually can be the solution for me.
Did you order it on line or bought it from the store?
I am asking because I am just wondering if you compared the two. Does it have any color? On MUA they say that it blends in, but then how does it define you lip area?
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Just received my Sephora package. Orgasm lip gloss is SO beautiful!!! It is a bit light for my olive skin when worn alone, but when layered, it truly does brighten my skin. I also purchased Portofino on the recommendation of ya all and I LOVE it Very Happy. Such a pretty color. I have been using Nars Malibu, but it is too pinky blue. The Portofino is perfect for olive skin. Thanks everyone for the great recommendations. You are the best
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
o.k. I'm heading for sephora.....BTW Joani.sp the jan marini free sunblock is gone Sad now it's a free c-esta mask)...oh,well : Rolling Eyes
Mabsy

Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
joani.sp wrote:
Just received my Sephora package. Orgasm lip gloss is SO beautiful!!! It is a bit light for my olive skin when worn alone, but when layered, it truly does brighten my skin. I also purchased Portofino on the recommendation of ya all and I LOVE it Very Happy. Such a pretty color. I have been using Nars Malibu, but it is too pinky blue. The Portofino is perfect for olive skin. Thanks everyone for the great recommendations. You are the best

Argh! I really have to get this now! I think I might wait till I'm over there. I wonder if you can get NARS duty free in the US... Anyone know?
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, sorry the Jan Marini free sunblock is gone. You know, I'm still waiting for my package from EDS. It has been awhile. I hope it is not lost Shock I'm dying to try it and I'll let you know. Does EDS have package tracking?

Mabsy, I have never seen NARS items in duty free shops (is that what you mean, the shops in airports?). I hope someone can answer this for you.

Joani
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
joani.sp wrote:

I think I will also have to go for the Portofino as my skin is also light olive. The Orgasm would probably give me a washed out look. Thanks for the feedback.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
joani.sp wrote:

Mabsy, I have never seen NARS items in duty free shops (is that what you mean, the shops in airports?). I hope someone can answer this for you.

Thanks Joani. That's exactly what I meant. I haven't seen them in the Australian duty free shops either (not to mention that you can't get NARS in Brisbane I don't think and I'm not flying through Sydney this time).
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Well, I ran to Sephora this weekend to get my Orgasm, and well I found it to be too peachy for me. But, instead I did get the Nars Lip Gloss in Foul Play which I love, it is a light mauve color.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
You talking about 'Orgasm' (NARS I mean), I made a prize pillock out of myself recently when I went up to the MAC counter and asked for the blusher in Orgasm!!! Well..... the packaging's very similar!! The sales assistant didn't know whether I was a nutter or just a bit slow!! It finally dawned on me that I should be at the NARS counter instead, so after turning a very nice shade of red, I made my exit..quickly!! It's bad enough to have to ask for an Orgasm on the NARS counter let alone the wrong one completely! While we're on the subject I hear it was called that because it's supposed to be similar to the colour you go when you do have an ... you know what, but hey, how many of you go sparkly, shimmery peach?!! OK don't answer that one! Smile
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
You should never be embarassed to ask for an Orgasm - no matter what counter you're at! We have a right to them! Laughing

And yes, you are supposed to take on the afterglow of "having" one when using the blush. What great marketing, huh? Brilliant!

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
kpka wrote:
Carekate, Thanks a lot. This actually can be the solution for me.
Did you order it on line or bought it from the store? I am asking because I am just wondering if you compared the two. Does it have any color? On MUA they say that it blends in, but then how does it define you lip area?
Hmmm...I could've sworn I already replied to this, but maybe I forgot to click the 'submit' button or something?? Anyway, sorry for the delay!

I bought Cargo Reverse Lipliner at Sephora – one of the rare times that I actually managed to breeze in, grab the one/only item I was there for, and make it to cash register and back out the door without making any other impulse purchases, much to the chagrin of the sales assistants – they recognize me as a “regular” and start salivating the moment I walk in as dollar signs start dancing before their eyes and they begin calculating the instant boost in their commissions!! My Sephora location only had the Cargo version available in the store; the only Duwop products they carry there is the Lip Venom, but you can order either fromwww.Sephora.com.

I can’t speak for the Duwop version, though t I think they’re both essentially the same, but the Cargo reverse liner is actually flesh colored. That’s the best way I know how to describe it – think of it as being similar to the color of one of those concealer sticks...actually, now that I think of it, maybe using an actual concealer stick would give the exact same effect as the reverse lip liner??! And because the reverse lip liner is flesh colored, you can use it to change the outline of your lips, if desired. For example, you could use it to draw on a more pronounced “cupid’s bow” shape to your upper lip, or draw a little further outside your lower lip than usual to give yourself an exaggerated ‘pout.’ Personally, I just apply mine just outside the natural border of my lips (remember, I’ve got a fairly full smacker to start with, thanks to Mother Nature, my hyaluronic acid capsules and the new LipFusion plumping gloss!) and then blend in (toward the lip). And this stops my lipstick or gloss from bleeding outside of my mouth.

I'm really not very good at explaining this type of thing, so is my explanation helping you at all? Confused

Carrie
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, I think you started me on a lipfusion frenzy. I've been clicking "order" on and off on sephora since yesterday....help.....how can you possibly wear a glossy finish under lipstick Confused Does it dry? Thanks
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am rushing out the door now, headed for sephora! this thread was the last straw, I have been eyeing this gloss for awhile now.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Marina wrote:
Carrie...help.....how can you possibly wear a glossy finish under lipstick. Confused Does it dry? Thanks
Sorry Marina -- I don’t use traditional lipstick so I can’t help you. I *do* use my Vincent Longo Lip/Cheek Stain and my Orgasm gloss over the LipFusion without any problems, though. Does that count?!

I think the trick is to apply the LipFusion and wait the customary time 2-3 minutes for it to begin to work, then you can either apply your lipstick over it or you could blot your lips slightly and then apply the LipFusion. See, LipFusion doesn’t work like the other topical plumpers (i.e.: you don’t have to keep a constant layer of the product in contact with your lips in order for it to work like CityLips, or Freeze 24/7 or Plump Your Pucker and all the rest of them). LipFusion’s ingredients actually PENETRATE your lip tissue and bonds with the natural water molecules present inside your lips. Once the ingredients have penetrated your lip tissue and plumped up your lips, it’s not really necessary that you keep a layer of it on your mouth (although you might want to reapply a new layer of LipFusion every few hours to maintain the results).

Among the FAQs listed on the product insert, one of the questions is “Can I use LipFusion with my regular lip color?” and the reply is “Absolutely. LipFusion works best as a primer before applying lip color, but can also be worn on its own as a gloss.”

If you like, when I get home tonight I can dug out one of my old lipsticks and apply it after I’ve put on a fresh layer of LipFusion and report the results back to you tomorrow. But my advice would be, for those of you who live within spitting distance of a Sephora store, is to go to your local Sephora and ask to try a sample of LipFusion (make sure your lips are completely clean and bare!!). I know, I know – you wouldn’t *think* of putting a lip product sample on your lips when who knows how many others have tried it!! You don’t have to worry about that at Sephora: they keep a special sample tube separate and the SA preps the sample for you (she gets a fresh, clean, sponge-tipped applicator and dips it into the tube and gives it to you to apply). After you’ve put on the sample, wander around the store for about 5 minutes while you wait to see if you feel it start to work for you.

If you’re still too squeamish about trying the sample, remember that Sephora has a no-questions-asked return policy so if you buy it and it doesn’t work for you, you can return it for a full refund with no hassles. You can’t get much more risk-free than that!!

HTH,
Carrie

BTW...
Mariav wrote:
You should never be embarassed to ask for an Orgasm - no matter what counter you're at! We have a right to them! Laughing
Speaking of women having a right to orgasms...do any of y’all remember the “yawn pill” craze about ten years ago? Doctors had been prescribing this anti-depressant drug called “Anfranil” (sp?) when female patients started noticing an unexpected side effect: if they yawned, they had an orgasm (which is actually the complete antithesis of most anti-depressant drugs, which kill the patient’s sex drive)!!!! I don’t think this drug ever really caught on over here, but there was a lot of talk about it on the national news shows and in magazines where it said that women in Britain were flocking to their doctors in droves, demanding prescriptions for the ‘yawn pill,’ and in some cases the women were quitting their jobs or sending their men packing just so they could stay home and ‘yawn’ all day. They were even going to many different doctors at once, obtaining Anfranil prescriptions from each of them so the women would have a continous supply of yawn pills. The hype about it in America was so great that I begged a couple of friends who were traveling to England during that time to visit a Brit doctor to obtain a prescription for the meds and bring a yawn pill back for me!!! But alas, I never did get any yawn pills to try....

Do any of you remember what I’m talking about? Did any of our British lady-friends here on EDS partake of this craze? Did it really work?? Were they “quality” orgasms or just ho-hum?!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, I couldn't hold back any longer. Yesterday, I ordered both the lipfusion and the orgasm liploss :shock:along with other stuff so I could get the free shipping (good excuse!!). I'll let you know. I don't have small lips ...but....funny thing as you get older...your nose gets bigger and your lips get smaller Confused

As for that pill...let's just say I'll be watching THIS thread for quite a while Very Happy
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Carrie, I couldn't hold back any longer. Yesterday, I ordered both the lipfusion and the orgasm liploss :shock:along with other stuff so I could get the free shipping (good excuse!!). I'll let you know. I don't have small lips ...but....funny thing as you get older...your nose gets bigger and your lips get smaller Confused

As for that pill...let's just say I'll be watching THIS thread for quite a while Very Happy

Same here! I placed my order this morning for the lipfusion, orgasm lipgloss, BE Clear Radiance, Frederic Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray, Joey New York Pure Pores, and Cargo blush in "The Big Easy".

I want that pill too. I yawn constantly and need something to just make it more pleasurable.

-Cheri
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Oh man, every day around 2-2:30 is when I start the yawning process, as I've now been at work for 6 hours...How fun would that be to make my yawns more interesting! I'd rather that instead of the daily Dunkin Donuts coffee run to wake myself up!

I've not heard of this little pill! Where the heck was I? Probably yawning somewhere.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
When I start yawning around the office everyone complains that I'm causing them to yawn. That little pill would definitely make work more interesting, but the only thing is, I am the only woman in the entire office. Wink

-Cheri
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
kpka wrote:
Carekate, Thanks a lot. This actually can be the solution for me.
Did you order it on line or bought it from the store? I am asking because I am just wondering if you compared the two. Does it have any color? On MUA they say that it blends in, but then how does it define you lip area?
Hmmm...I could've sworn I already replied to this, but maybe I forgot to click the 'submit' button or something?? Anyway, sorry for the delay!

I bought Cargo Reverse Lipliner at Sephora – one of the rare times that I actually managed to breeze in, grab the one/only item I was there for, and make it to cash register and back out the door without making any other impulse purchases, much to the chagrin of the sales assistants – they recognize me as a “regular” and start salivating the moment I walk in as dollar signs start dancing before their eyes and they begin calculating the instant boost in their commissions!! My Sephora location only had the Cargo version available in the store; the only Duwop products they carry there is the Lip Venom, but you can order either fromwww.Sephora.com.

I can’t speak for the Duwop version, though t I think they’re both essentially the same, but the Cargo reverse liner is actually flesh colored. That’s the best way I know how to describe it – think of it as being similar to the color of one of those concealer sticks...actually, now that I think of it, maybe using an actual concealer stick would give the exact same effect as the reverse lip liner??! And because the reverse lip liner is flesh colored, you can use it to change the outline of your lips, if desired. For example, you could use it to draw on a more pronounced “cupid’s bow” shape to your upper lip, or draw a little further outside your lower lip than usual to give yourself an exaggerated ‘pout.’ Personally, I just apply mine just outside the natural border of my lips (remember, I’ve got a fairly full smacker to start with, thanks to Mother Nature, my hyaluronic acid capsules and the new LipFusion plumping gloss!) and then blend in (toward the lip). And this stops my lipstick or gloss from bleeding outside of my mouth.

I'm really not very good at explaining this type of thing, so is my explanation helping you at all? Confused

Carrie

Carrie,
Thanks a lot for reply. I was wondering why you never answered Rolling Eyes
Anyway, yesterday I came up with a new name for you after you review of GATINEAU Electelle beautifying lip care. Carrie The Lip Queen! wave
What would we all do without Carrie The Lip Queen Cool

BTW I ended up ordering that Gatineau lip care.
I also need to stop by sephora Wink
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've been dying to try nars blush in orgasm!!! but can't get it in New zealand and its not cheap on the net! It's on the top of my to-buy list in Aussie for my holiday next month. I've heard the best things about it always rates top blusher.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:22 am      Reply with quote
mailnat wrote:
I've been dying to try nars blush in orgasm!!! but can't get it in New zealand and its not cheap on the net! It's on the top of my to-buy list in Aussie for my holiday next month. I've heard the best things about it always rates top blusher.

I hate to break it to you but it's probably cheaper for you to buy it on the net rather than buying in Aus. Damn taxes! Sad It's Au$60 (so approx US$48 ) at Mecca.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |