Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How to tighten the eye lid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
KCarter897

Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there, here's my first post:) Ayway, in regards to the StriVectin Eye Cream, it is the exact same thing as the regular StriVectin except the peppermint oil is removed for those who are sensitive to aromatics around the eye area. It is only reccomended for use on the orbital bone, not on the lids.....but, I guess it couldn't hurt to try if you own the product?
yuyu
5% products discount

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

It's been a while since I first posted this topic. At the time there are very few eyecreams on the market that you can use on the eye lid, I am glade to see that there are now more.

I've been using the Loreal Revitalift Double Lifting Eye. I use the red part on the eye lid. I think it works a little bit. But if anyone knows a better product, please post.

Thanks

yuyu
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
skin adict wrote:
Okay, Strivectin on the lids didn't work for me. Put it on my right eyelid and my normal guerlain issima on left. By the 2nd day, I looked a bit odd because my left eye was looking larger than my right because the lid was that much more lifted. Am tempted to try Decleor Serum Hydrotenseur, but need to hold off after my latest splurge.

I was at the Toronto Sephora yesterday and picked up the Decleor Hudrotenseur...the lifting result was immediate....I am extremely impressed....IMHO, blew Clarins eye gels, eye flash balm, firming eye treatments (including the most recent Super Restorative Eye Care Concentrate) right out of the water - in terms of getting an immediate result. If you are looking for an immediate, noticeable eye lift (with supposed cumulative effects)..then this one's a complete winner, in my book!! As an aside, about 5 minutes after application, I put Bare Escentuals right over top and got just beautiful results!
Pudoodles

Is that the French name or English? I tried to look for this product on EDS site and Sephora website but couldn't find it. How does the bottle look like?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I hate to be a naysayer, but I really doubt that sagging eyelids can be dealt with except very marginally by topical products. Crepiness, sure I can imagine that, but sagging seems beyond eyecreams, however good.

I suspect that nothing but facial exercises or surgery is the cure. But I'd love to be proven wrong on that, since I'm cursed with them. (And I'm in the first days of Ageless, so we shall see how that works...)
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
yuyu, I have only used the Neocutis eye cream for 4 to 5 weeks but I used to have loose skin on the top of my eyes as a result of them always being puffy. This eye cream has certainly made a difference. When my eyes are open, I can now see the eyelid which used to be covered by the loose skin most of the time. It is a bit expensive and I don't know how long the container will last but I intend to order another as I really want to see how this product will work long term, considering the results after a month.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I have the same worries, and it causes my eyes makeup become worse. Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
When my eyes are open, I can now see the eyelid which used to be covered by the loose skin most of the time.

That sounds very impressive, Bushy. I have the same problem and the only thing that I have found so far to help is the PSF Cranberry product. Have you used that particular PSF product? I am curious how they compare. (Though for me the PSF product is definitely temporary.)
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bushy wrote:
When my eyes are open, I can now see the eyelid which used to be covered by the loose skin most of the time.

That sounds very impressive, Bushy. I have the same problem and the only thing that I have found so far to help is the PSF Cranberry product. Have you used that particular PSF product? I am curious how they compare. (Though for me the PSF product is definitely temporary.)

Did the ingredients for PSF change by any chance? It still works not not as well as it used to. Either that, or I'm just getting older. I prefer to believe the former. Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if they changed or not, Marina (and if your getting older, I am too! Laughing). I have found the same thing; it still works, just not as well as.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Let me chime in with rileygirl and marina--I've used the PSF cranberry eye gel for a couple of years, on and off. I thought I was getting a bit of temporary tightening, so I kept using it. Then I'd conclude it just felt nice and refreshing and nothing more, so I'd quit. Then I'd remember that I used to like it and use it again.

I'm not sure whether it simply doesn't do enough anymore for my nearly 60 year old eyes, whether I was fooling myself, or whether the product has been reformulated. But I probably won't re-order when my current stash is done.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I did try the PSF product some time ago but found it a bit sticky and caused my eyes to be quite puffy.
My eyes are fairly temperamental and there are very few products that I have tried which don't cause puffiness. The Neocutis is one of the exceptions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bushy.
yuyu
5% products discount

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:

I suspect that nothing but facial exercises or surgery is the cure. But I'd love to be proven wrong on that, since I'm cursed with them. (And I'm in the first days of Ageless, so we shall see how that works...)

I have tried a couple of facial exercises but non were good for eye lid. One of them has one exercise for the eye lids but effectively stretch them rather than making them tighter. Anyone knows any good exercises for the lids?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
yuyu wrote:
flitcraft wrote:

I have tried a couple of facial exercises but non were good for eye lid. One of them has one exercise for the eye lids but effectively stretch them rather than making them tighter. Anyone knows any good exercises for the lids?

Which facial exercises did you try? I have the Flex Effect dvd and recently bought Ageless program. I liked the eye exerices from FE. I just started Ageless, so I cannot comment on whether it works or not.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
yuyu, I have only used the Neocutis eye cream for 4 to 5 weeks but I used to have loose skin on the top of my eyes as a result of them always being puffy. This eye cream has certainly made a difference. When my eyes are open, I can now see the eyelid which used to be covered by the loose skin most of the time. It is a bit expensive and I don't know how long the container will last but I intend to order another as I really want to see how this product will work long term, considering the results after a month.

Bushy, what is the active ingredient in this eye cream?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
bushy wrote:

Bushy, what is the active ingredient in this eye cream?

PSP is the main active ingredient and this is the explanation from the Neocutis website:

NEOCUTIS technology platform relies on the use of cultured fetal skin cells obtained from a cell bank for treating differing skin conditions.

The dedicated cell bank was originally established for wound healing and burn treatments using a single biopsy of donated fetal skin following a one-time medical termination.

The cultured cells can be used to produce skin constructs for wound healing or can be incorporated as cell lysate in a topical carrier for use in dermatology and skin care.

To date, the cultured cells originating from this cell bank are used in research and product development in the following areas:

• acute and chronic wound healing
• eczema and psoriasis, and
• vulvodynia, vulvar vestibulitis

Having developed a topical preparation for different skin conditions, the use of this preparation for daily skin care became apparent. Today this same cell bank also provides a lasting supply of cells for producing Neocutis’ proprietary skin care ingredient Processed Skin Cell Proteins (PSP®).

5% products discount

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
yuyu wrote:
flitcraft wrote:

Which facial exercises did you try? I have the Flex Effect dvd and recently bought Ageless program. I liked the eye exerices from FE. I just started Ageless, so I cannot comment on whether it works or not.

I got Eva Fraser's Facial Workout and the 3 minute a day facelift by Jilly Johnson. The Jilly Johnson video has one exercise for the eyelids, it asks you to pull your eyebrows up then look down. So effectively you will be stretching your eyelids. And I found that would make my eyelids looser, not good. Have yours got any good ones for the eyelids, mind sharing one or two?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Strivectin Tl eye gel. The whole Tl line is for firming. I find it surprisingly effective. I use not only the eye serum but also the face serum and neck cream. The result have been noticeable to others. I am most excited to see a big improvement in lip lines. When you think of firming products you associate it with a stif feeling. You don't get this with the TL line. I am impressed.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:13 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Let me chime in with rileygirl and marina--I've used the PSF cranberry eye gel for a couple of years, on and off. I thought I was getting a bit of temporary tightening, so I kept using it. Then I'd conclude it just felt nice and refreshing and nothing more, so I'd quit. Then I'd remember that I used to like it and use it again.

I'm not sure whether it simply doesn't do enough anymore for my nearly 60 year old eyes, whether I was fooling myself, or whether the product has been reformulated. But I probably won't re-order when my current stash is done.

I had used the PSF cranberry eye treatment years ago and had like it.

Now that I am older and REALLY need it. I debated on the ordering the cranberry again or trying the 3-in-1 PSF treatment. I decided to order the 3-in-1. It appears to be a newer treatment.

Has anyone tried both eye products from PSF?

Even if it temporarily helps, I will be happy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:05 am      Reply with quote
My opinion still remains that no cream can beat the lift eye exercises can give. I share examples in the thread below on the same topic.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44406&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

And the thing with exercise is the results become more permanent with passing time. I recently showed just an example of that in the thread below which was also on this topic:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6521334&highlight=#6521334
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:04 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I hate to be a naysayer, but I really doubt that sagging eyelids can be dealt with except very marginally by topical products. Crepiness, sure I can imagine that, but sagging seems beyond eyecreams, however good.

I've always used eye creams all around my eye and never had any issues.
But I can not use most face creams in the eye area as I can only use fragrance free stuff w no acids.
My eye area is fine, no wrinkles or bumps or anything yet.....just some dark circles.

For me I find the cheaper eye creams work best for me.
Yves Rocher Active Sensitive eye gel is quite good and not harsh.

Neostrata firming eye cream is nice too.

Also, surgery does not always work so well on the eyes. you have muscle memory and eventually your eyes can go back to how they were.

I had surgery on one eyelid...twice already and now my eyelid has gone back to how it was before-I am not too pleased.

Also from where my eyelid was cut open now it looks like I have a line on one eyelid and not the other.

From speaking to the eye dr who did my surgery, it can last usually 3 or 4 years or not.
My aunt has some problem with one eye muscle and has had to have the same surgery redone 5 ir 6 times so far...but she is 65 now.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
sophie9 wrote:
do NOT - i repeat - do NOT put retin-a on your eyelids!!! i learned my lesson several years back trying that. i found retin-a under my eyes pretty tough to tolerate as well. i have found a good alternative that is working for me: md forte skin rejuvenation eye cream with retinol, aha, and vitamins a&e. it really does firm the area, and i have noticed some of those little milia under my eyes disappearing.

i just ordered strivectin eye cream from sephora yesterday. yes...i guess it comes in an eye-cream now. i hope it works as well on me as it has on you. i am actually encouraged now. this is a great topic, because there really aren't many eye-creams for the lids. i wonder why. does anyone else have any other good ideas? my eyes are really sensitive too.

Hummm. This is a thread that seems to be revived from a few years back. Anyway, I've been using Retin-A on my eyelids and under eye area for 20 years! It has never been a problem. My eyelids don't look crepey and I'm in my late fifties.

Heck, you name it and I've just about put it on my eyelids. Vitamin C, 8% alpha hydroxy, copper peptides, estrogen creams, alpha lapoic acid, rusty nails, tin cans.....er, I'm just kiddin' about the rusty nails and tin cans. Anyway and most of my home made stuff I've put on my eyelids too.

Great thread. I'm glad it's been revived.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
yuyu wrote:
Bira wrote:
yuyu wrote:
flitcraft wrote:

I got Eva Fraser's Facial Workout and the 3 minute a day facelift by Jilly Johnson. The Jilly Johnson video has one exercise for the eyelids, it asks you to pull your eyebrows up then look down. So effectively you will be stretching your eyelids. And I found that would make my eyelids looser, not good. Have yours got any good ones for the eyelids, mind sharing one or two?

The eyelid exercise I do doesn't really stretch the eyelid much if at all and you can feel the muscle contracting. I place my fingers of each hand along the eyelash line of each eye. (I don't use my thumbs) The eyes are closed. The fingers are placed from the corner of the inner eye, kinda where the tear duct is, to the outer corner where the last lash is. Keep the eyebrow stable. Don't move the eye brow up or down. The eyebrows aren't involved in this exercise. With the fingers in place along the lash line and the eyes closed, try to close the eyelids even further while at the same time trying to force the eyes open with your fingers that are placed along the lash line.

Don't squint the eyes shut. (It causes wrinkles) Isolate the eyelid. It's like a long hard blink and while your doing that try to push the eyes open with the fingers on the lash line.

The orbicularis muscle closes the eye and the levator palpebrae opens the eye and what is happening is both are contracting because you are essentially forcing the muscles to do the opposite of what they usually do.

Well, anyway, that's my silly eye exercise.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
yuyu wrote:
Bira wrote:
yuyu wrote:
flitcraft wrote:

That pull the eyebrows up and close eyes shown on Eva's website is IMO the exercise that was instrumental in taking me from this:

Image when I was two...

and this:

Image when I was twenty...

...to what I had when I was in my 30's:

and still have now as I continue to do the exercise:

A similar exercise is found in many other programs. Now while I have said for years that that exercise alone was behind my eyelid lift, in recent years I have come to believe that the fact that I have always done it not on its own but always as part of a complete program may be why I had good success with it. Other people who also do full programs, as I shared in one of the links I posted, have also had good success.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
This is a little OT, but am I the only one who finds it knee-slapping funny that my eyebrows still look like they did when I was two? Laughing Laughing (In many pics my eyebrows are filled in with pencil but I was getting ready for bed in that last pic so had just washed my face and so it was completely bare.)

Dr Oz said something about that scarcity of brows on the edges being a sign of thyroid problems. I dunno if that is necessarily true because my thyroid tests have been normal for as long as I can remember yet there ain't never been no hair follicles on the outer edges of Nonie's eyebrows since way before she was knee-high. So methinks if Dr Oz is right, then I am mutant of sorts with unique traits. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |