Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Phytomer Lift Contour Replenishing Formula
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Wow! How interesting! Although the bit about 'cutting it to shape' sounds like it could be a pain. I'm still not sure I understand how these work exactly.... Is the edge of the strip supposed to 'persuade' and ultimately 'teach' your lid to crease?

If you do a google search for "eyelid tape" (in quotes) it will come up with a few more brands. I also came across this thread about the topic: http://www.funkygrad.com/forum/read_msg.php?forumid=fashionbeaut&tid=151

HTH
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy!

Thanks for this link-- it looks like this thing has been around for some time, I've never even heard of eyelid tapes my life!

Yeah the cutting it into shape sounds a bit of a trial and error thing but yeah, where the edges end, this will 'fold' into your socket and I suppose over time and with a bit of luck, the crease will form a lid on it's own.Wink

You're so lucky to not have that problem of a thin or non-existing eyelid. The only time I seem to have a decent chunky lid is when I've been crying and wake up the next morning with big doe eyes!! Surprised:P

Nite nite!
Summertimegirl x
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Please excuse my butting in, but I've noticed a lot of eyelid discussions lately and I'm dying of curiosity.

Why are double eyelids considered better?

One of my best friends is Japanese-American and when we were growing up, we were always doing each other's makeup. I thought she had the advantage because her lids made a smooth, tight surface to work on, and her eyeshadow never creased! She can do all kinds of beautiful, artsy things with eye makeup that would never work on me.Sad
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Hello Alohagirl, Wink

You can always butt in anytime-- that's why I love this forum it's the best for open discussions as people bring so many interesting things to it Very Happy.....

I can't really speak for the population but I guess having a single eyelid is one of the 'bains' (rhymes with pain) of being Asian especially if your eyes are already small-- the fine lids can actually make them appear smaller and look like closed 'slits' even when they are fully opened, not that this isn't beautiful-- it is, but in the extreme, I think that's why there is a such a prolific market for eyelid surgery. People have it done for both cosmetic reasons and for corrective purposes as age can cause the lids to become 'hoods' and impair the vision. My cousin actually had no lid on her eyes and had surgery on them when she went back to Vietnam for a holiday. We were pretty mortified at the time but it was something she'd always wanted to fix-- the eye lid surgery opened up her eyes (and seemingly a whole new world for her), it made her look more 'feminine' and really boosted her morale.

As for there being an obsession to look more 'European' with the double eyelid thing-- yes I do think there is a bit of an obsession with it. It's in all the media, fashion magazines, everywhere! and beauty dictates that the wide-eyed look is more desirable. I guess that's why people come up with things like Eye Charm Double Eye Lid tapes. Very Happy

I have almond shaped eyes but being of mixed origin my lids sometimes have a mind of their own, some days people say I look Chinese and other days, Euro-asian or they can't put a finger on my nationality. :P I think people are generally happy with what they're born with, but they're also comforted by the knowledge that they can do something about it if there is something they want to change to look or feel better WinkVery Happy

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:24 am      Reply with quote

Quote:

I can't really speak for the population but I guess having a single eyelid is one of the 'bains' (rhymes with pain) of being Asian especially if your eyes are already small-- the fine lids can actually make them appear smaller and look like closed 'slits' even when they are fully opened, not that this isn't beautiful-- it is, but in the extreme, I think that's why there is a such a prolific market for eyelid surgery.

Hi Alohagirl and Summertimegirl! I just wanted to chime in as well on this discussion. I wanted to say that eyeshape/lids also depends on what part of Asia you are from. I'm Filipina and I don't have a single eyelid, and my eyes, though almond shaped are quite big for an Asian. I personally think that typical Asian eyes are beautiful in their own way and can't be compared to other ethnicities' eyes, but unfortunately the media does dictate what is beautiful, i.e. big eyes, large breasts, tall, and skinny... I think it sucks and its sad that this is such a limited and shallow view about what beauty is. Not to mention only a small percent of people are born like this. But at the same time I have no problem with body modification and cosmetic surgery, if like Summertime girl says, it boosts us your self-esteem, and as long as you are doing it for yourself. In fact I have a problem with heriditary varicose veins on my legs and I am seriously thinking about getting laser treatment or injections but still need to do more research. But anyway, back to the topic of eyes... Summertimegirl, I have seen someone with the eyelid tape and it looked really nice on her. I didn't even know what it was, I thought it was a silver eye liner! Surprised
Mabsy

Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcrime
... I am seriously thinking about getting laser treatment or injections but still need to do more research.

Sorry to take this off topic but I just thought I'd tell you about my experience with Sclerotherapy. I'm a pretty veiny person which is componded by the fact that I'm thin and also pale. But I think there is a hereditary thing there as well, which means that I'm not only veiny but some of them actually hurt (the begginings of varicose veins). I've had sclerotherapy done (saline injections) and I must say that they do work very well for larger veins. For small ones, well, the small ones are hard to inject plus chances are that you will get more in the future anyway.

I had to have an ultrasound to make sure that the blood would not have a problem redirecting to another vein (sorry to gross anybody out if you're sensitive to reading that sort of thing). Then, the veins were injected (5 min procedure, relatively painless - stung a little). Afterwards I had to wear heavy compression stockings for either a week or two (can't remember). Needless to say I had it done in winter Smile I also had to take brisk 30min walks everyday for two weeks. I had this done about 4 years ago (or thereabouts) and all is good so far.

HTH
Mabsy.

ps. Now, has anybody had experiences with laser hair removal? Smile I'm seriously thinking of getting it done....
5% products discount

Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Dear Summertimegirl,

Just a little info on this product that you mentioned. Ok, i didn't try the eye mask but i tried the face mask (the paper type that you use and throw) from the same brand and boy, i was utterly turn off by the pungent smell!!! I didn't dare BREATHE throughtout the entire 15min that i had the mask on. Yup, it was that bad. It smelled worse than chinese herbs. It was a torture to use the mask and the mask didnt make my skin "glows" like it said it would. Im a Singaporean and in my country we have this thorny fruit called "durian" and to some people it smells horrble. Pungent, but to me it smells ok. But i seriously cant take the smell from "Corty" eye mask! It's worse..
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I am so glad you shared your experience. I have a bunch of questions I want to ask you. I may end up e-mailing you about this if you don't mind! I know the subject is eyes here! I'm pretty veiney myself, but only on my legs (behind the knees) which prevents me from wearing shorts. I do wear short skirts, but only with fishnets, knee-highs, or thigh-highs. I would love to wear shorts and what not without tights and not feel self-conscious. I'm generally ok with my appearance and feel self-confident, but it is the one thing I wish I could change. I heard that sometimes the veins can grow back, has this happened at all? I also heard of someone that did it, and her legs swelled up and the outcome was actually worse. But I am glad to hear that you had a positive result with the saline injections. May I e-mail a few q's your way?
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl and Thoughtcrime,

Thanks for explaining the eyelid thing. Until I joined this forum, I had no idea that eyelids and skin whitening were fashion issues. Stuff like that doesn't really matter around here because almost everyone in Hawaii is a mixture of several races. It wouldn't be unusual to meet someone who is Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Pacific Islander and European--all rolled into one! I guess that's why everyone seems to be content with the characteristics they were born with. After all, when you're dealing with that many genes, how do you decide which trait is the preferable one? Wink

Oh, and about the varicose veins, "Lydia O'Leary Covermark" is a famous waterproof concealer. For decades, people have been using it to cover things like veins on the back of the knees. Give it a try, Thoughtcrime, cuz I just know there's a cute pair of shorts out there with your name on them! Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Alohagirl,
I really loved Hawaii when I visited a while back. There were so many beautiful people that looked so exotic because they were mixed. I love it when everything becomes a huge melting pot. And, Thank-you for the suggestion, by the way. That's what I love about this forum everyone has so much beauty/skin care knowledge.
Mabsy

Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime - the back of the knees is exactly where I had the procedure done. You can email me with questions anytime!

Newbie - The mask smells *worse* than durian?! Surprised I myself cannot handle the smell of durian so I can't imagine anything smelling worse Smile I heard that durian is actually supposed to taste great but I couldn't bring myself to try it. I also remember seeing signs that it was prohibited to eat it in public, but I'm not sure if I saw that in Singapore or somewhere else.

Mabsy
delphi

Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
My friend recommended me to use cortry and she said it is good and works for her and reduced her eye bags.

I used it for 2 days and i develop some kind of rashes and my skin started peeling and appeared very dry and bumpy.

Worst is, it is around both my eyes and it looks really bad and ugly Sad

Help!!

can i return the products? HOW?
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
this didn't work for me..i'm still looking for my HG eye product to treat bag under eyes Neutral
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
description for this says its for mature skin.....anyone in their 20's using this?

also will it cause more harm/damage than good if using a product that is for mature skin Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
description for this says its for mature skin.....anyone in their 20's using this?

also will it cause more harm/damage than good if using a product that is for mature skin Confused

Simran, this Phytomer eye cream is suitable for any skin type, even mature. I wish I had discovered this earlier in my 20's !!!! In fact I wish I had discovered Phytomer in my 20s ! Smile
I really prefer this eye cream above others because it does everything (EXCEPT no SPF). Mad It moisturises well without being too greasy-rich, doesn't cause milia, drains puffiness and doesn't irritate sensitive eyes (If you wear contacts). It's smoothing, cooling to use, love love it's texture (it's a cream-gel). Excited as my sis is bringing me two jars of this back from her trip to France !
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
OMG !! Shock I just realised I am still raving on about this 4 years on.... it's a keeper. Smile
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi summertimegirl,
I had a facial when I was in Canada over Christmas with phytomer products and have totally fallen in love with them. You can purchase through EDS to Australia, I checked today. The restriction is only to the US.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I been using the Phytomer eye contour that comes in the tube. Is this new? well it lifts the eyelids, especially when you just pat it on the browbone. My eye are wide-open and I have lots of eyelid area and sometimes the one lazy one doesn't crease the same as the other one which this fixes. Big eyelid area means lots of eyeshadow and I don't consider this an asset!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:56 am      Reply with quote
peppy wrote:
Hi summertimegirl,
I had a facial when I was in Canada over Christmas with phytomer products and have totally fallen in love with them. You can purchase through EDS to Australia, I checked today. The restriction is only to the US.

Hi Peppy, wave
You made my day with this post!!! I have my sister coming back from France with my stash in a few weeks but I'm *so* glad that I can order from EDS to Australia now. I wonder if it was all my whingeing ! Laughing
I absolutely would have *LOVED* to have a facial with these products. Hope you enjoyed it...what did you have? Smile My dream is to get to one of their spas in France, or a little closer to home (the Sanctum Spa in far north Queensland in Australia)...thanks ! xx
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi summertimegirl, We had Christmas at the Big White Ski Resort and I had the best massage and facial at the Beyond Wrapture Day spa there. I had a phytomer facial with the Purifying spa specialty facial designed for combination skins. The beauty therapist used the oligopur range to cleanse and moisturize and the vegetal mask. It was heaven! The stuff she put on my feet was pretty amazing too and she finished off with the base moisturizer (which I bought) and the contour for my eyes (which I have since ordered from EDS along with the oligopur cleanser, toner and vegetal mask!!!). I had quite abit of redness after my milia "extractions" so the following day went back there and was sold the accept neutralizing cream (at a very discounted price! - great service and highly recommend the place if you go there) which was absolutely magical - within 24 hours the redness was barely noticeable. I have since used it for the start of any breakouts and it works - the redness is gone in less than a day!! Did you see on EDS that there are also gifts with phytomer? Love gifts.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Peppy,

Oh that facial sounds like heaven, with all those amazing fresh scents from the products....you could just about bliss out just smelling them out of the bottle. I'm really glad that your extractions got calmed down with the Accept Neutralising cream and I hope you like the products from the Oligopur line I have read on here that it's good for controlling oil. Phytomer is a really good calming line for my skin that I notice just gets better and better and healthier looking.
I love the gifts too.. Very Happy there's a Oligopur serum at the moment which won't suit me (but might suit you) Smile .. the other gift with nice sized mini products sounds great.)
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summertimegirl,

What other phytomer products have you tried? What sort of skin do you have? (sorry if abit personal) - my skin? I am asian, 40 and combination skin living in Western Australia. I found the Canadian winter to be absolutely heavenly and wonderful (planning another one in the next 3 to 4 years), but played havoc on my skin - really dried it out on the non T-zone areas, thank goodness for phytomer. What other phytomer products would you recommend? You sound like you have been hooked on phytomer for awhile. I have been using Kate Somerville in the last few months. Like it but didn't rescue like phytomer did.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Doctor Babor Lifting RX Collagen Serum (4 bottles of net 3/16 fl. oz each) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |