Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Do we have a US distributor yet?

No, not yet. Here is an email that Skincare got from them earlier.

Skincare wrote:
I just wanted to share this email with you

Thank you for contacting Philips and for your interest into the RéAura.

Currently this device is only available in the UK and the Netherlands and unfortunately I am unable to give a specific date as to when it will be available in Canada. However, we are hoping to launch the RéAura in both the US and Canada and it s being worked on.

Kind Regards

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I just finished my first treatment round and I love this gadget. Do I still have wrinkles? Yes, but they look more shallow. My complexion looks smooth and my face looks more plump. I received comments that I look like I wear makeup but I didn't. A friend came around yesterday and we were talking about ageing and she spontaneously said "You don't have any wrinkles".It's been a long time since I heared things like that.
I was using level 2 only, level 3 would have been too painful esp. on the forehead where it hurts most for me. The treatment takes me about 15min. I have tried a lot of gadges and sold them after a while. This one is a keeper.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cookie D
Thanks for your reply. I always clean the laser window with a q tip and and I don't think the temperature of the house was either too cold or too hot, so I don't think that could have been the problem. At the minute I am charging the device after each use but when I return from a 2 week trip and have a little more time ( it's a bit of a pain if it cuts out and then needs charging before you can resume treatment). If the problem continues, I will contact ReAura but hopefully this won't be necessary. Incidentally, do you, or any other users of ReAura manage to get 2 treatments from 1 charge?

Anne
ellenk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Anne, yes,I get two teatments from 1 charge but I treat the face only. The orange light never came on so far. I also used to charge the unit after each treatment but now after two treatments. It really sounds as if there is something wrong with the unit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes Anne I have gotten at least 4 treatments probably more because I've never really kept track but I know I was out of town for 2 weeks and didn't bring my charger with me and never had a problem. I have never charged mine after each treatment since I've gotten it.

Congratulations Ellenk sounds like you got some good results and that proves you don't need to use level 3 to get results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Do we have a US distributor yet?

I got tired of waiting and bought a Tria laser. I ordered it and a Canadian friend shipped it on to me. I'm 56 and NOT getting any younger and didn't want to wait on the ReAura. Love the Tria so far after 3 weeks.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Update
I have finished my second round of treatment on my face and chest area. I did do an accelerated schedule. I finished 16 treatments in 6 weeks instead of 8 weeks. I just kind of wanted to play around with the treatment schedule to see if doing them closer together made a difference. I started out doing the first 5 treatments every other day. I felt like this was too much for my skin so I backed off and started doing the treatments every few days. Next round I will stick with the 8 week schedule because for me I think that worked best.

My skin color, texture and wrinkles continue to get better. My under eye area is looking a little bit worse for the wear right now but I really went over that area a lot the last few treatments. I think it will be fine by the end of the week.

I am going to take 6 weeks off and then either do another round or do a dermaroll. Does anyone have an opinion on when I should start back doing cosmetic rolls (.02) for product penetration? I am thinking 2 or 3 weeks.

Still loving this laser. I find it very easy to use and it travels well. I still have some of the laser performance gel left and the aftercare lotion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Update
I have finished my second round of treatment on my face and chest area. I did do an accelerated schedule. I finished 16 treatments in 6 weeks instead of 8 weeks. I just kind of wanted to play around with the treatment schedule to see if doing them closer together made a difference. I started out doing the first 5 treatments every other day. I felt like this was too much for my skin so I backed off and started doing the treatments every few days. Next round I will stick with the 8 week schedule because for me I think that worked best.

My skin color, texture and wrinkles continue to get better. My under eye area is looking a little bit worse for the wear right now but I really went over that area a lot the last few treatments. I think it will be fine by the end of the week.

I am going to take 6 weeks off and then either do another round or do a dermaroll. Does anyone have an opinion on when I should start back doing cosmetic rolls (.02) for product penetration? I am thinking 2 or 3 weeks.

Still loving this laser. I find it very easy to use and it travels well. I still have some of the laser performance gel left and the aftercare lotion.

Cookie,

How much improvement do you think each round has given you? Ie: first round x amount improved....second round....

hope that makes sense and TYIA!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

Cookie,

How much improvement do you think each round has given you? Ie: first round x amount improved....second round....

Hi Tiny, I understand the question but it's kind of hard for me to judge. As far as increased collagen, I don't think I will know how much there will be until about 4 to 6 weeks or longer from now. My face did seem to be more "fuller" after my first round. So I am hoping to build on that.

The big difference that I have noticed between round 1 and 2 is the continuing decrease in sun damage on my face. I guess I never realized how much discoloration was on my skin. I still think I will need one, maybe two rounds for my face to match my neck perfectly. I have only done 1 round on my hands but the difference in color there is amazing.

The other area I have seen improvement in is my NL lines. They have gotten more shallow. The first round maybe a decrease of 20%. The second round probably that much of a decrease again. I hope the next 6 weeks will see an additional decrease as collagen begins to develop. I also think I have a little less skin hanging in the jowl area. Like that area has tighten up some. I don't think I noticed that after round 1, so that is something new. Hope this helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Cookie,

Hi Tiny, I understand the question but it's kind of hard for me to judge. As far as increased collagen, I don't think I will know how much there will be until about 4 to 6 weeks or longer from now. My face did seem to be more "fuller" after my first round. So I am hoping to build on that.

The big difference that I have noticed between round 1 and 2 is the continuing decrease in sun damage on my face. I guess I never realized how much discoloration was on my skin. I still think I will need one, maybe two rounds for my face to match my neck perfectly. I have only done 1 round on my hands but the difference in color there is amazing.

The other area I have seen improvement in is my NL lines. They have gotten more shallow. The first round maybe a decrease of 20%. The second round probably that much of a decrease again. I hope the next 6 weeks will see an additional decrease as collagen begins to develop. I also think I have a little less skin hanging in the jowl area. Like that area has tighten up some. I don't think I noticed that after round 1, so that is something new. Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking the time to be so detailed! seems like this gadget works, but def takes a good amount of time to get one needs to, but nice improvements along the way!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
just wondering if anyone has done any kind of comparision between these devices(tria and reaura) and derma rolling.

The theory behind each seems the same its just the mechanism is different.
I could be totally wrong here, but as I already derma roll, what advantages
would I be getting with using the laser? In Dr S book he describes how use of the dermaroller is less expensive and fewer sideffects, as opposed to
laser light treatment, ( I know he is talking
about professional treatment and its way more powerful) But, having said that both these lasers must powerful enough for all of you to be getting such good results.

I am sooo wanting one of these but they are expensive that I guess I am playing "Devils Advocate! with myself and trying to protect the old CC Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Like that is going work Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
just wondering if anyone has done any kind of comparision between these devices(tria and reaura) and derma rolling.

would I be getting with using the laser? In Dr S book he describes how use of the dermaroller is less expensive and fewer sideffects, as opposed to
about professional treatment and its way more powerful) But, having said that both these lasers must powerful enough for all of you to be getting such good results.

I am sooo wanting one of these but they are expensive that I guess I am playing "Devils Advocate! with myself and trying to protect the old CC Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I was big into derma rolling about four years ago and did all kinds of rolling by the protocol that was out at that time. I saw minimal results and I gave it a year or more. For me the Tria laser has given the most results by far. I am combining some derma rolling with the laser treatment on one area of my face...I have a few fine lines starting on one of my mouth corners and I am rolling with a short needle and then doing the treatment...the results have been even greater.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

I gave dermarolling about a year - but didn't see great results. The ReAura and Tria, are giving the results I was hoping to get with DR, either device is worth the money. I am impressed with both machines, and the Tria was on offer a few weeks ago.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 am      Reply with quote
The Tria is 100.00 off right now on their website
http://view.email-triabeauty.com/?j=fe5e10737c65017e7413&m=fe69157077670c7c7610&ls=fdf91c717167067a76167576&l=fe5c1679716407787312&s=fe2c1c727065037d751177&jb=ffcd16&ju=fe2816777d65057e731374&smtrctid=825170057&r=0

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
oh , dear, I wish you both hadn't said that Laughing
Now I have Nooo choice .

Actually, thank you, you are both people I respect greatly here, and given your experiences I think a purchase is just going to have to take place Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:58 am      Reply with quote
PQ was the TRIA on offer in the UK? I've not seen that, I don't understand why its so expensive in the UK compared with Canada?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
PQ was the TRIA on offer in the UK? I've not seen that, I don't understand why its so expensive in the UK compared with Canada?

It isn't on offer in the UK.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
It's official...I am in the final stages of purchasing my ReAura! I am just waiting on the grand total since the seller is picking up some extra gel for me.

In some respects I am surprised that I am purchasing it because I was not exactly thrilled with my professional Fraxel treatments. However, my pigmentation is getting worse and my sister keeps reminding me of how great my skin looked after Fraxel, so I am going for it. Plus she is splitting the cost, so my risk is reduced by 50%. Very Happy

Many thanks to those who have provided feedback on their personal usage and results...it made my decision much easier! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Copngrats Bethany and being able to split the cost with your sister is wonderful. Maybe the home version will be easier for you to tolerate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Congrats Bethany and being able to split the cost with your sister is wonderful. Maybe the home version will be easier for you to tolerate.

Toby, I am sure an hoping so! I anticipate that I will definitely have my usual inflammation issues, but at least I can do it at my own pace if I encounter problems.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
bethany, I do hope you will post your experiences with this device, I know you have used the dermaroller to great effect, so I will be really interested in your opinions on compairing the two.

I am soo nearly pressing the buy button on the tria Exclamation

Its just that the Dh is home at the moment, and as my vino bill has just arrived, (too much vino needed for that 1mm roll) Laughing I cant quite justify the spend at the moment!!!!
Embarassed

But if you were to feel that the spend was justified ( no pressure then Rolling Eyes ) and that the results were good then I conceivably ,could persuade myself ( ha ha, just who amI kidding?)
into using the poor CC Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
It's official...I am in the final stages of purchasing my ReAura! I am just waiting on the grand total since the seller is picking up some extra gel for me.

In some respects I am surprised that I am purchasing it because I was not exactly thrilled with my professional Fraxel treatments. However, my pigmentation is getting worse and my sister keeps reminding me of how great my skin looked after Fraxel, so I am going for it. Plus she is splitting the cost, so my risk is reduced by 50%. Very Happy

Many thanks to those who have provided feedback on their personal usage and results...it made my decision much easier! Very Happy

Good luck Bethany, I hope it works out for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
ReAura has worked BETTER for me than the many, many expensive professional treatments I have had. I just think that for some skin types lower intensity treatments applied more frequently are more effective.

Yesterday a friend of mine who is a retired physician came over to look at my before after pics of my arm (he is a fisherman and has a lot of sun damage which he gets professionally zapped pretty frequently). One look at my arms now compared to January 2012 pics and he bought a Tria that very afternoon. As well as improving the actinic keratosis which is apparent, he can see that it is beneficial to the health of the skin.

You will not regret your purchase!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious.... I noticed that some of you have said that the reaura and tria make the skin more plump. Do any of you own a microcurrent also? And if so, which do you think gives your face more volume the laser or the microcurrent? It's all so confusing as both perform different functions... Thanks, Aprile Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Just curious.... I noticed that some of you have said that the reaura and tria make the skin more plump. Do any of you own a microcurrent also? And if so, which do you think gives your face more volume the laser or the microcurrent? It's all so confusing as both perform different functions... Thanks, Aprile Very Happy

Personally, I believe any plumping from the laser treatments would be due to inflammation. IMO the laser devices are more suited for skin refinement and collagen stimulation.

Microcurrent does not provide any plumping either. This treatment is more for lifting - but is supposed to be beneficial for skin health as well.

Lack of facial fullness is due to loss of fat - so trying to replace that fat without getting fillers is difficult. Some would argue that collagen rebuilding helps - but it's a slow process and is not as visibly evident as replacing lost fat.

Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |