Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioelements Remineralist Daily Moisture (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)
lash growers overload!! lilash vs rapid vs latisse, etc...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I tried RevitaLash for about 6 months, lashes grew - no Latisse effect, but still longer than before. The problem was the skin around my eyes would be so red and sensitive, I needed extra concealer and still risked looking like a vampire or drug addict...

So I took a 2 week break, my eyes got back to normal - some dark circles, but no horrifying dark red skin. I decided to try Nutralash by Nutraluxe MD, since they advertise it as all natural.. The morning after the first application I woke up with the skin around my eyes worse than RevitaLash ever got it!

Has anyone had similar experiences with other lash serums? What worked for you eventually?

Thank you!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
I started out with RapidLash, and after 12 weeks my lashes were a little longer but not thicker or lusher. No irratation whatsoever.

Then I switched to Careprost after a little over a year with Rapidlash. At first it did irritate my eyes; I woke up with them bloodshot for about a week or so. A little Visine and they were fine. It's now been 12 weeks since I started with Careprost (I took before and after pictures and posted them in the "Do you think my eyelashes could look like this?" thread). I have noticed much more lengthening with Careprost than with Rapidlash.

I bought it atwww.inhousepharmacy.com for $30 (just reordered 2 bottles for $45). It's been 3 months and I'm still on my first bottle. So for less than $10 a month, I am getting really pretty lashes at a fraction of the cost of Latisse. And they say that optimal results with Careprost take 16 weeks, so I'm anxious to see if there is any more lengthening at the end of that time. Unfortunately, I am still not seeing any thickening or additional lashes with Careprost though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying, Sandooch.
I have heard of Careprost, seems to get raves on EDS Forum Smile
I think Visine drops will help with the bloodshot eyes (which I also have, in additition to the dark circles/red skin), but I do not think that will help with the irritated skin around the eyes Sad I'll try it though.

I emailed Nutraluxe, waiting to hear back. I ordered it from their website, along with the Lash Cream product that is supposed to be used like a mascara, at night, in combination with Nutralash eyelash serum.

sandooch wrote:
I started out with RapidLash, and after 12 weeks my lashes were a little longer but not thicker or lusher. No irratation whatsoever.

Then I switched to Careprost after a little over a year with Rapidlash. At first it did irritate my eyes; I woke up with them bloodshot for about a week or so. A little Visine and they were fine. It's now been 12 weeks since I started with Careprost (I took before and after pictures and posted them in the "Do you think my eyelashes could look like this?" thread). I have noticed much more lengthening with Careprost than with Rapidlash.

I bought it atwww.inhousepharmacy.com for $30 (just reordered 2 bottles for $45). It's been 3 months and I'm still on my first bottle. So for less than $10 a month, I am getting really pretty lashes at a fraction of the cost of Latisse. And they say that optimal results with Careprost take 16 weeks, so I'm anxious to see if there is any more lengthening at the end of that time. Unfortunately, I am still not seeing any thickening or additional lashes with Careprost though.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got great results from Rapidlash in less than a month's time...about $30/tube from drugstore.com

BFG
sammyswarez

Tue May 15, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Latisse for about 9 months now. Looking great. Although my friends did well with revitalash latisse has done much better for me. Latisse.bz for me is the way to go. I have cut back to every other day use to minimize the lashes that were getting too long. I did have minor redness for about the first 2 days of use.

Thank you.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I got great results from Rapidlash in less than a month's time...about $30/tube from drugstore.com

BFG

I ordered RapidLash about a year ago and returned it without even trying it, because I read some horrific reviews about people having their eye color change or eye lashes falling off more often...

RevitaLash wasn't giving me any of those effects, but the vampire eyes were not worth it. Plus, having the skin around my eye irritated for 6 months must have not been healthy nor smart on my part!

I think I will try Nutralash for another week and see if irritation goes away, before I give it up...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 9:49 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

I ordered RapidLash about a year ago and returned it without even trying it, because I read some horrific reviews about people having their eye color change or eye lashes falling off more often...

RevitaLash wasn't giving me any of those effects, but the vampire eyes were not worth it. Plus, having the skin around my eye irritated for 6 months must have not been healthy nor smart on my part!

I think I will try Nutralash for another week and see if irritation goes away, before I give it up...

Any of those that contain a prostaglandin analogue will likely cause you irritation if any of them have. Sad

That is why I won't even attempt any as I already have very sensitive eyes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

Any of those that contain a prostaglandin analogue will likely cause you irritation if any of them have. Sad

That is why I won't even attempt any as I already have very sensitive eyes!

I did read about avoiding prostaglandin... I don't think Nutralash and Revitalash have that though.
Here are the ingredients for Nutralash:

Quote:
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans Sodium Hyaluronate,Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Sodium Lactate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Proline, Yeast Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract , Hexipeptide-11, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Arcyostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Isopropyl Cloprostenate, Retinyl Palmitate ( Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Methylisothiazolinone

and Revitalash:
Quote:
Water/Aqua/EAU, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Dechloro Dihydroxy Difluoro Ethylcloprostenolamide, Biotin, Carmellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Swertia Japonica Extract, Biotinyl Tripeptide-1, Octapeptide-2, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Glycerin, Cellulose Gum, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Phosphoric Acid, Disodium Phosphate.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I had a list on my iPhone but lost it when doing an upgrade!

The Top Four

Latisse: this little tube has dominated the prescription market. It has the same level of bimatoprost (the prostaglandin) that is found in the glaucoma medications. When it is applied to the lash line, it prompts great results.
Revitalash: utilizes the prostaglandin Lantanoprost to generate results similar to Latisse. It is the most popular of the non-prescription enhancers on the market.
Enormous Lash: Of the top four, this is the most unique. It is the only one that successfully achieves longer, thicker lashes without prostaglandins. The formula contains a complex of arginine (amino acid necessary for hair growth), alanyl glutamine (peptide that encourages the increase of growth hormones) and saccharomyces (yeast fermented in copper ions, this is one of the most effective hair growth ingredients on the market). Without the derivatives of medication, this enhancer gets results just as beautiful as the prostaglandin containing competitors.
Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For: The leading two choices garner their results primarily from the use of the prostaglandin analogues, while the third takes a much more natural approach. The Lashes to Die For combines the two methods, using both natural botanicals and a prostaglandin complex.

http://www.runningwithheels.com/index.php/2010/02/theuglytruth/

http://www.besteyelashenhancers.com/tag/prostaglandin-eyelash-conditioners

You have to research the ingredients in any before purchasing, it is a PIA!
Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Indeed...
Thanks for posting that.
I guess Latisse won't work for me anyway, since my eye reacted to Revitalash... Sad

DarkMoon wrote:

The Top Four

Latisse: this little tube has dominated the prescription market. It has the same level of bimatoprost (the prostaglandin) that is found in the glaucoma medications. When it is applied to the lash line, it prompts great results.
Revitalash: utilizes the prostaglandin Lantanoprost to generate results similar to Latisse. It is the most popular of the non-prescription enhancers on the market.
Enormous Lash: Of the top four, this is the most unique. It is the only one that successfully achieves longer, thicker lashes without prostaglandins. The formula contains a complex of arginine (amino acid necessary for hair growth), alanyl glutamine (peptide that encourages the increase of growth hormones) and saccharomyces (yeast fermented in copper ions, this is one of the most effective hair growth ingredients on the market). Without the derivatives of medication, this enhancer gets results just as beautiful as the prostaglandin containing competitors.
Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For: The leading two choices garner their results primarily from the use of the prostaglandin analogues, while the third takes a much more natural approach. The Lashes to Die For combines the two methods, using both natural botanicals and a prostaglandin complex.

Shock
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:

I did read about avoiding prostaglandin... I don't think Nutralash and Revitalash have that though.

Quote:
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans Sodium Hyaluronate,Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Sodium Lactate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Proline, Yeast Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Chamomile Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract , Hexipeptide-11, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Arcyostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Isopropyl Cloprostenate, Retinyl Palmitate ( Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Methylisothiazolinone

and Revitalash:
Quote:
Water/Aqua/EAU, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Dechloro Dihydroxy Difluoro Ethylcloprostenolamide, Biotin, Carmellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Swertia Japonica Extract, Biotinyl Tripeptide-1, Octapeptide-2, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Glycerin, Cellulose Gum, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Phosphoric Acid, Disodium Phosphate.

Assuming you have correct, up-to-date ingredients lists for the 2 products listed above, they both contain a synthetic analogue of a prostaglandin (in blue):

http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/regulatory/claims/120476614.html

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/cosmetics/cosing/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.details&id=86883

You might want to verify your ingredients lists.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I really wish I had not lost that list, it took ages to look at the potential ingredients that might be prostaglandins! Embarassed

fitgineer wrote:
Indeed...
Thanks for posting that.
I guess Latisse won't work for me anyway, since my eye reacted to Revitalash... Sad

DarkMoon wrote:

The Top Four

Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Yup, I should have done my research.
These are both up to date ingredient lists, off the company websites...

Lacy53 wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Quote:

and Revitalash:
Quote:

Assuming you have correct, up-to-date ingredients lists for the 2 products listed above, they both contain a synthetic analogue of a prostaglandin (in blue):

http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/regulatory/claims/120476614.html

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/cosmetics/cosing/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.details&id=86883

You might want to verify your ingredients lists.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:

Just curious, are you only applying the Nutralash to your upper lids, and are you only applying a small amount? I only got irritation from Careprost when I was applying it too thick, under my upper lashes and on my lower lashes. Once I switched to a very fine line on just the top of my upper lashes, the irritation went away.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Just curious, are you only applying the Nutralash to your upper lids, and are you only applying a small amount? I only got irritation from Careprost when I was applying it too thick, under my upper lashes and on my lower lashes. Once I switched to a very fine line on just the top of my upper lashes, the irritation went away.

Only to my upper lids, and I only dip once, but that might still be too much... I would not dare putting in on my lower eye lid, even though the Nutralash instructions say to:

Quote:
Remove makeup with a mild soap or cleanser. Nightly just before bed time, apply NUTRALUXE LASH MD as you would a liquid eyeliner, with a single stroke at the base of the up and lower lash line. Do not re-dip. The amount of fluid on the brush is enough for the upper and lower lashes on both eyes.

Do not apply too close to the edge of the eyelid and avoid getting excess fluid into the eye. If NUTRALUXE LASH MD does get into the eye, rinse immediately with sufficient water. Always apply NUTRALUXE LASH MD with the utmost care and as directed. If irritation occurs, stop using NUTRALUXE LASH MD.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

Even though these work wonders for many others have reported the irritation and just can't tolerate using them! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I found a good article on eyelash enhancing products. This should make it easier for people to determine whether a prostaglandin analogue is included in their product (Table 3):

http://www.cosderm.com/pdf/025030134.pdf

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Anymore updates with these products?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Anymore updates with these products?

I finished my 16-week daily application with Careprost (the amount of time they say your lashes will reach their optimum length) and am now on maintenence for the last 2 weeks, applying it just 3 times a week. No lash fallout or loss of length, so I'm happy. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Just finished a three month course of Rapidlash, now using Careprost (about two weeks). As recently as this past winter, my lashes were getting sparse and stubby.

Now they reach to the sky! LOL

Seriously, they are banging against my sunglasses and every morning I am chasing mascara spider tracks across my cheeks lol

BFG

- ps now to find the holy grail of mascara!
snowtopia
5% products discount

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:31 am      Reply with quote
hello all,

I have been using the Revita EPS from DS Laboratories for about three weeks and my eyelashes are definately thicker and about 5% longer thus far. Will update as I progress, but it's promising!

Here is a little info on the product:

Revita.EPS® deploys a breakthrough peptide complex, not a relabeled glaucoma drug like bimatoprost. Scientists believe that peptides, composed of structural amino acids, work by stimulating the expression of keratin genes and by improving overall eyelid health.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Anybody can post some pictures (before and after) for the results of their eyelashes???? I would like to improve on my eyelashes.....

Thanks everyone... Smile

cristaline wrote:
i'm totally new to this, but want to try one of them. which one is everyone liking, getting good results with but with zero to minimal side effects (if you're getting side effects, like iris darkening or skin darkening, please share!)

thank you so much!! will share when i decide on one. right now i am thinking of lilash, but now i just skimmed the rapid lash thread. *confused*
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Lumigan on and off for the last two years or so. Even when used regularly, I only got some length and very slight thickening. Also tried mavala Double Lash, also a little meh for me. Don't get me wrong, the lumigan was certainly better than nothing, and my lashes can look quite striking with only one coat of mascara, but still...

Soooo. I have just bought Peptalash here in UK, made by Indeed Labs (Nanoblur) and will see how that goes. It retailed at £24 for 5mls, and claims results in as little as two weeks. Reviews varied, as ever! Based on 3 peptides. I've started tonight and will report back. Here is a link to their page:

http://www.indeedlabs.com/peptalash.html
royanola

Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Do your eyelashes return to normal when you discontinue use of lash serums? has anyone experienced their lashes actually falling out?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Affirm Antioxidant Firming Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |