Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EmerginC Crease Ease Emulsion (50 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Laboratoire Dr Renaud ExCellience CellClock Cellular Youth Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Sunscreen Advice from Marie Veronique Organics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

I haven't tried the Everyday Sheer. I wish I had tried it when I was over there on Saturday but I was more interested in the Moisturizing Sunscreen because of the higher zinc content. However, the Everyday Sheer has rose and neroli oils in it so I'm thinking the scent might be more pleasant to you than the Moisturing sunscreen. She does have lovely products.

I wish you had tried it to, as the Everyday Sheer is the one I ordered! My order shipped yesterday, so hoping to get it by end of week.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

I haven't tried the Everyday Sheer. I wish I had tried it when I was over there on Saturday but I was more interested in the Moisturizing Sunscreen because of the higher zinc content. However, the Everyday Sheer has rose and neroli oils in it so I'm thinking the scent might be more pleasant to you than the Moisturing sunscreen. She does have lovely products.

I wish you had tried it to, as the Everyday Sheer is the one I ordered! My order shipped yesterday, so hoping to get it by end of week.

Shucks, next time I go over there I'll try the Everyday. It probably smells better than the Moisturizing. I'm really wondering about the difference between them in terms of application, I know there are different ingredients in them. Please report in about how you like it when you get it! I really like the light coverage I get from the Moisturizing. I don't wear foundation but this just gives a nice light coverage than evens out my skin tone.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely will report how I like it, jom. I don't wear foundation, either, so I am hoping the Everyday will also give a light coverage!

Is anyone else having trouble with the forum? I have barely been able to get on since Sunday night!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Definitely will report how I like it, jom. I don't wear foundation, either, so I am hoping the Everyday will also give a light coverage!

Is anyone else having trouble with the forum? I have barely been able to get on since Sunday night!

I had trouble yesterday and again just about all day today.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I had trouble yesterday and again just about all day today.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting on also. I'm also interested in how you like the everyday sunscreen too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Got my goodies from MVO. The sunscreen. It smells very nice (not sure how to describe it, but a much lighter version of the anti-aging oil if anyone has that). It went on rather chalky but once I got it all rubbed in, I was very pleased. It definitely evens out the skin tone (though does not cover all the redness). I feel you definitely want to use this on very moisturized skin. If you have any dry patches or flakes, this sunscreen would bring them out in full force. No sensitivity with the sunscreen at all and definitely a very matte finish. I used a good 1/4 tsp (which I rarely do on normal days) just to see how it would be. I ordered the "fairest" and it definitely left a slight white cast for most of the day. For my skin, I probably should have ordered the light tint, but I wanted to try this "no color" version first. I felt like my normal face wash did not remove all the sunscreen, so I may need to go to a 2 step process to remove completely. Overall, good first impression of the Everyday Sheer!

I used the anti-aging oil and it is also very nice. For anyone sensitive to scents, though, this may be too much. I love the scent, but it is strong and very long lasting. No irritation from the oil on my sensitive skin. Left my skin very soft and absorbed quickly.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Ok. Got my goodies from MVO. The sunscreen. It smells very nice (not sure how to describe it, but a much lighter version of the anti-aging oil if anyone has that). It went on rather chalky but once I got it all rubbed in, I was very pleased. It definitely evens out the skin tone (though does not cover all the redness). I feel you definitely want to use this on very moisturized skin. If you have any dry patches or flakes, this sunscreen would bring them out in full force. No sensitivity with the sunscreen at all and definitely a very matte finish. I used a good 1/4 tsp (which I rarely do on normal days) just to see how it would be. I ordered the "fairest" and it definitely left a slight white cast for most of the day. For my skin, I probably should have ordered the light tint, but I wanted to try this "no color" version first. I felt like my normal face wash did not remove all the sunscreen, so I may need to go to a 2 step process to remove completely. Overall, good first impression of the Everyday Sheer!

Thanks Rileygirl for the update. Please let me know later how good you think the sun protection level is. I got the higher SPF one but this one looks interesting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Will do!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I used the anti-aging oil and it is also very nice. For anyone sensitive to scents, though, this may be too much. I love the scent, but it is strong and very long lasting. No irritation from the oil on my sensitive skin. Left my skin very soft and absorbed quickly.

Thanks for reporting in Riley! I tried both the extra light and light tint on my face and ended up choosing the light becuase it blended in better with my skin. I don't think the extra light is a no-color shade because it left sort of a white chalky looking cast on my skin. Marie uses the extra light so if your skin is as light as hers maybe you're OK with the extra-light but I found that the light blended in better with my skin (and I have fair skin). It might be best to cleanse with an oil to get rid of the sunscreen.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Thanks for reporting in Riley! I tried both the extra light and light tint on my face and ended up choosing the light becuase it blended in better with my skin. I don't think the extra light is a no-color shade because it left sort of a white chalky looking cast on my skin. Marie uses the extra light so if your skin is as light as hers maybe you're OK with the extra-light but I found that the light blended in better with my skin (and I have fair skin). It might be best to cleanse with an oil to get rid of the sunscreen.

Yes, I think I will definitely purchase the light tint the next time! You are right, it isn't a no-color, but an extremely light tint. I applied it over the anti-aging oil, so since that sunk in so well for me, my face may not have been moisturized enough. I will try it with a different product tomorrow and see how that goes!

Yes, I am definitely thinking the oil to remove. I usually use plain mineral oil, but then I have to wash with something else, so it is a 2 step process for me. I am still on the lookout for a good cleansing oil that just rinses off!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Im glad you ladies like it. Jom is that the sheer one you tried, if so does the sheer have the same scent as the moisturising one?
TYIA
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Im glad you ladies like it. Jom is that the sheer one you tried, if so does the sheer have the same scent as the moisturising one?
TYIA

Hi dionie,

No, I have the moisturizing one. Riley has the sheer so she could tell you about the scent of that. I'm thinking that they have different scents because the oils used in them are different.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Jom,
I thought so but when you started talking about the tints I thought maybe you ended up trying the other one ...sorry my silly quick reading LOL
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Does any of them have a little shimmer, or are they completely matte?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

The moisturizing one does not have shimmer and I believe the everyday sheer does not have shimmer either but rileygirl can confirm that.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Marie Veronique's face is glowing on her videos, do you know what she is using to make her face glow? I guess this glow is from a product, it is not her natural glow?

jom wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

The moisturizing one does not have shimmer and I believe the everyday sheer does not have shimmer either but rileygirl can confirm that.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Marie Veronique's face is glowing on her videos, do you know what she is using to make her face glow? I guess this glow is from a product, it is not her natural glow?

jom wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

In person her skin is gorgeous. Very clear and bright. I can't believe she's 63. Her pholosophy is to use vitamin A, vitamin C, oils and sunscreen so I can only assume that is what she does. I think part of her glow comes from the sunscreen, it evens out the skin nicely. I also know that she has been using her new retinol serum which is supposed to be available sometime in the Fall. I have been using it too for about a week and I love it. I've decided to cut down my Retin A use to three times per week and use her retinol serum the other days. I've only been doing it for a week but I love the results. My skin was getting too dried out using the Retin A every night. But I recently read an article in Allure where a dermatologist said you should not go for 12 hours without applying an anti-aging product to your face. His recommendation was Vitamins C & E in the morning and Vitamin A at night. So I decided to get my vitamin A from retinol four days a week and from Retin A Micro three days per week. Marie's retinol serum has 1% retinol so I think that is an effective dose. I'm als using her Vitamin C capsules in the morning.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

I'm als using her Vitamin C capsules in the morning.

Jom, are you having any better luck with the vitamin c capsules not coming out gritty?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
jom wrote:

Jom, are you having any better luck with the vitamin c capsules not coming out gritty?

Hi Cookie, I called and talked to Marie and she said that even though they may have that grittiness they are still working. It is the Vitamin C not one of the other ingredients that may not completely dissolve. She said I could use some water or one of her hydrosols to help dissolve it before adding it to a serum or oil if I would feel better about it but she said even though it is a little grainy it is still working when you rub it into your skin.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
CookieD wrote:
jom wrote:

Hi Cookie, I called and talked to Marie and she said that even though they may have that grittiness they are still working. It is the Vitamin C not one of the other ingredients that may not completely dissolve. She said I could use some water or one of her hydrosols to help dissolve it before adding it to a serum or oil if I would feel better about it but she said even though it is a little grainy it is still working when you rub it into your skin.

Jom, thanks for the information.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

The Everyday Sheer is completely matte. No shimmer at all.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:33 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

jom wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

In person her skin is gorgeous. Very clear and bright. I can't believe she's 63. Her pholosophy is to use vitamin A, vitamin C, oils and sunscreen so I can only assume that is what she does. I think part of her glow comes from the sunscreen, it evens out the skin nicely. I also know that she has been using her new retinol serum which is supposed to be available sometime in the Fall. I have been using it too for about a week and I love it. I've decided to cut down my Retin A use to three times per week and use her retinol serum the other days. I've only been doing it for a week but I love the results. My skin was getting too dried out using the Retin A every night. But I recently read an article in Allure where a dermatologist said you should not go for 12 hours without applying an anti-aging product to your face. His recommendation was Vitamins C & E in the morning and Vitamin A at night. So I decided to get my vitamin A from retinol four days a week and from Retin A Micro three days per week. Marie's retinol serum has 1% retinol so I think that is an effective dose. I'm als using her Vitamin C capsules in the morning.

Hey Jom,
Do you know what are the rest of the ingredients in her retinol serum?

thanks,

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Marie's retinol serum has 1% retinol so I think that is an effective dose. I'm als using her Vitamin C capsules in the morning.

jom, what is her serum's consistency? Is it oily?

jom wrote:
[So I decided to get my vitamin A from retinol four days a week and from Retin A Micro three days per week.

That's exactly what I've been doing for several years! Retin A 3 times a week, and a serum with retinol 4 times a week. This strategy had been working like a charm all the time.

I do not recollect, is your skin sensitive at all? Is it able to tolerate her C capsules well?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:49 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
jom wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

jom wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Hey Jom,
Do you know what are the rest of the ingredients in her retinol serum?

thanks,

She told me briefly. It is a micronized Vitamin A with a seaweed base, peptides and vitamin E. I'm sure there is more to it but that's it in a nutshelll. I'm not sure which peptides.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:55 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
jom wrote:
Marie's retinol serum has 1% retinol so I think that is an effective dose. I'm als using her Vitamin C capsules in the morning.

jom, what is her serum's consistency? Is it oily?

jom wrote:
[So I decided to get my vitamin A from retinol four days a week and from Retin A Micro three days per week.

That's exactly what I've been doing for several years! Retin A 3 times a week, and a serum with retinol 4 times a week. This strategy had been working like a charm all the time.

I do not recollect, is your skin sensitive at all? Is it able to tolerate her C capsules well?

The serum is not oily, it penetrates nicely, it is somewhat thin but not so thin that it does not feel like it has substance to it.

My skin is not really sensitive but I must say that after I put on the retinol serum my face is a light pink and tingles for about 30 seconds to a minute which tells me that it is working. I have not had trouble tolerating the Vitamin C capsules.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Blinc The Rare Gem Palette (1.1 g x 12) Osmotics Cream Extreme Intensive Repair (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |