Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Look at this link....she used Revitalash!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="momtwin1998
you are one of the lucky ones then![/quote]

Yes I am, someone on here (Caretake, I believe) even questioned why I was using JM, since I started with 12.7cc lashes, or half an inch, but heres why I did, although thats not shabby length it was not my normal length lash, and I wanted my lashes back. I had eye trama and massive surgery a few years back and my lashes were just not the same, so when I heard of the JM, I was thrilled. Now is half an inch long, sure it is, but it wasn't what mine normally were, I can now say I have my lashes back!!! So did vasaline help mine be the 12.7cc, maybe, I don't know, I've always used it and always had fab lashes. I do not use it like my sister, I forget and get lazy with it. Ok hope that helps!!
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
[quote="momtwin1998
you are one of the lucky ones then!

Yes I am, someone on here (Caretake, I believe) even questioned why I was using JM, since I started with 12.7cc lashes, or half an inch, but heres why I did, although thats not shabby length it was not my normal length lash, and I wanted my lashes back. I had eye trama and massive surgery a few years back and my lashes were just not the same, so when I heard of the JM, I was thrilled. Now is half an inch long, sure it is, but it wasn't what mine normally were, I can now say I have my lashes back!!! So did vasaline help mine be the 12.7cc, maybe, I don't know, I've always used it and always had fab lashes. I do not use it like my sister, I forget and get lazy with it. Ok hope that helps!![/quote]

mine are 1/2 inch now...i measured it when one fell out.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Great momtwin,
I saw ur photo's and ur lashes look great!!! Now stop fretting and ENJOY them, grins!!! I think theres a lash conditioning thread, a diy one, where you can help your own lashes stay put, I just use vasaline, but if your not keen on that, theres a mix somewhere on here. I also find on days, I just want to run to store and not put on my face, swiping lashes with vasaline makes them look long, dark and as if I did put on mascara!! so then all I need is a bit of lipstick.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
...I also find on days, I just want to run to store and not put on my face, swiping lashes with vasaline makes them look long, dark and as if I did put on mascara!! so then all I need is a bit of lipstick.

But not advised for contact wearers! Laughing You won't be able to find the store.
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Great momtwin,
I saw ur photo's and ur lashes look great!!! Now stop fretting and ENJOY them, grins!!! I think theres a lash conditioning thread, a diy one, where you can help your own lashes stay put, I just use vasaline, but if your not keen on that, theres a mix somewhere on here. I also find on days, I just want to run to store and not put on my face, swiping lashes with vasaline makes them look long, dark and as if I did put on mascara!! so then all I need is a bit of lipstick.

thanks so much. I tried Ardell but that made them look thinner. I don't wear mascara or makeup to work, I don't deal with the public. I just put my glasses on and go...maybe some gloss on my lips...that is it...I only wear makeup for special occasions.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
...I also find on days, I just want to run to store and not put on my face, swiping lashes with vasaline makes them look long, dark and as if I did put on mascara!! so then all I need is a bit of lipstick.

But not advised for contact wearers! Laughing You won't be able to find the store.

omg too funny, your right, same with lacrilube (spelling), you can't see for a bit after oozing that stuff in ur eyes!!! Your butt best already be in bed ready to sleep.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I use something similar, Refresh PM. That's what made me think of it! Hard to find your way to bed with that stuff.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Great momtwin,

I searched everywhere for that lash conditioner DIY, and couldn't find it, I know it was there, I even wrote it down somewhere. Then I did a search for a DIY lash treatment someone was just raving about about a month ago, geez...whats up its gone too? So sry Momtwin, I told you it was there but its gone, I was going to post the thread so you could see it. I'll see if I can find where I wrote it down, for ya and post it, I know its around my house somewhere!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this is the link Melissa Marie is looking for but I've made two batches and like it very much. I probably like it more since I've dyed my lashes. MHO.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=136803#136803
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the link Melissa Marie is looking for but I've made two batches and like it very much. I probably like it more since I've dyed my lashes. MHO.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=136803#136803

Well it was really a lash conditioner, not the gloss, also there really was someone who did a diy twist on this conditioner, I think, and reported great results. I really am not sure why stuffs disappearing, but it is, anyone know? I will continue to search my notes, cause I know I haven't lost my mind..it was here!!

but thanks Blues for looking, and you were close!!!
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
momtwin1998 wrote:
http://makeupalley.com/account/galleries.asp?id=323887

This actually made me cringe away from my computer. Sad I dunno... just... scary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
hmm hmm Does anybody think the without mascara picture looks creepy or scary (link in first post, first page)? I'm really thinking about buying one of Patty's extra tubes, but my lashes will probably end up looking like this girl's. I would be doing it to be able to quit wearing mascara,but if I decided to wear it occasionally, I do have a lash comb. Laughing No Spider eyes for me, please.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
well I said earlier that I think she just went overkill on her mascara. If you just swiped ur lashes once with mascara ur not gonna look like ever!! I do think she was trying to be as dramatic as possible to show the length, sadly she just made them tammy faye lashes....Ok still searching my notes for that recipe....
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree. That almost had to be intentional. I've decided against it for now anyway. I can't justify the expense.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
yes! i agree with you all about her over use of mascara. Also, sometimes pictures pick up weird angles and views of facial features, no?

I think maybe if she used a more natural, possibly thinner mascara and combed her lashes out, they'd look nice:)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I found her eyelashes to be beautiful. Keep in mind that the picture is a close-up. I doubt it looks like that in person.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
As I've said before, that is what my eyelashes look like and I have to cut them because they do look freaky. If I don't and I put loads and loads of mascara on, like in the photo then my lashes look the same, especially the bottom ones which look really weird. I even put on mascara and then pinch it off the ends so it's not so noticeable!

Years ago I used to use just vaseline on my lashes, it didn't get in my eyes and if I did get any around my eyes I just wiped it away. Whether the vaseline made my eyelashes like that or they would have been naturally long I don't know.

I then tried Talika a couple of years ago, really for my eyebrows which I'd overplucked and because it was very cheap in the January sales! Beginning of last year I had a go with JM mainly to bush out my eyelashes. I stopped using it after a very short while. Since then I've used nothing, just mascara but from around April onwards I've had to cut my lashes because they're too long! When I went on holiday they hit my sunglasses! Cutting your lashes is not recommended. I have a small pair of nail scissors and have to steady my hand with my other hand so I don't stick them straight in my eye!

Whether it was combination of those products or they would be naturally long and whether they'll go back to normal length eventually I don't know.

I have also noticed that they're incredibly strong! I have tried to pull one out to measure it Smile, but I can't get one out! They're determined to stay in there!

SO the morale of this story is, don't go too overboard with the products or you might end up having to cut them too! Sounds great to have really long lashes, but if I put anything other than a really thin layer of mascara on them, they look like spiders!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
That pic also looks scary to me. The ones with mascara look like she has long but not very busy lashes. Just weird.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
That pic also looks scary to me. The ones with mascara look like she has long but not very busy lashes. Just weird.

when one uses too much mascara, it clumps the lashes, so they end up just looking spidery and not full. I think I just looked past that and saw her lashes were very very long, so this stuff prob works great!! Its def not how'd like to wear my mascara, but to each his own. I guess I say this incase this poor girls reading all these horrible things being said about her lashes, they really are long (which should be what one wants if using lash lenghtening products), just a bit of overkill on mascara.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Wow I wish I could get my eyelashes that long, particually the under eyelash
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Here is Carekate's 5 star review (at least I hope that it is) of Ardell's Brow & Lash Accelerator on the drugstore.com website. It seems to me that the price and product are right on the money.

"I've been searching for a clear mascara that will impart a look of glossiness for a completely natural look. Believe it or not, the best product that I have found for this is Ardell's Lash Growth Accelerator which isn't even a mascara. I've found that this stuff actually gives my bare lashes some definition (for the "natural, daytime look") and it also holds a curl all day with one of those traditional clamp-type lash curlers. This product is clear, but it somehow defines the lashes and I swear it also makes my lashes look a bit longer. This stuff actually gives me the natural and healthy, but still defined look that I've always wanted from traditional mascara. And so long as you don't apply anything on top of the Ardell, this stuff holds the curl all day long. In my opinion, this stuff out-performs any prestige brand of mascara or lash conditioner that is on the market regardless of whether you're talking $5 or $150."

-- CareKate, Jonestown, TX on August 18, 2005

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=87522&catid=98580&cmbProdBrandFilter=40204&crpg=2&tab=1#1
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
Here is Carekate's 5 star review (at least I hope that it is) of Ardell's Brow & Lash Accelerator on the drugstore.com website. It seems to me that the price and product are right on the money.

"I've been searching for a clear mascara that will impart a look of glossiness for a completely natural look. Believe it or not, the best product that I have found for this is Ardell's Lash Growth Accelerator which isn't even a mascara. I've found that this stuff actually gives my bare lashes some definition (for the "natural, daytime look") and it also holds a curl all day with one of those traditional clamp-type lash curlers. This product is clear, but it somehow defines the lashes and I swear it also makes my lashes look a bit longer. This stuff actually gives me the natural and healthy, but still defined look that I've always wanted from traditional mascara. And so long as you don't apply anything on top of the Ardell, this stuff holds the curl all day long. In my opinion, this stuff out-performs any prestige brand of mascara or lash conditioner that is on the market regardless of whether you're talking $5 or $150."

-- CareKate, Jonestown, TX on August 18, 2005

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=87522&catid=98580&cmbProdBrandFilter=40204&crpg=2&tab=1#1

Obviously, that was written pre-JMAIE (which I started using on Valentine's Day last year) -- although I still stand by my assertion that Ardell out-performs any of the other lash growth serums with the EXCEPTION of JMAIE (and, of course, my DIY lash growth serum! Wink ). If you're contemplating Talika or Mavala, don't waste your money -- just get the Ardell for a fraction of the price.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of JM, what is the deal with the eyelash serum anyway? Is it ever coming back...I can't find it anywhere. I'm not sure how much longer my tube will last and I definitely want to keep using it as it works! Does Revitalash work too? I don't want to be without a product that works after being spoiled with great lashes now!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:
Speaking of JM, what is the deal with the eyelash serum anyway? Is it ever coming back...I can't find it anywhere. I'm not sure how much longer my tube will last and I definitely want to keep using it as it works! Does Revitalash work too? I don't want to be without a product that works after being spoiled with great lashes now!

I hope the Revitalash I bought would work. I have not seen results after 2 weeks, but the box said results in 60 days. So I will be patient.
momtwin1998
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
thirtyish wrote:

I hope the Revitalash I bought would work. I have not seen results after 2 weeks, but the box said results in 60 days. So I will be patient.

I would say you will notice after a month...that is what happened to me with Jan Marini when I was on that! Be consistant! Are you using Ardell in the day? I just started using Ardell in the day.

Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Bioelements Remineralist Daily Moisture (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz) Pro-Derm HA Plumping  Serum (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |