Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioelements Remineralist Daily Moisture (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml)
Ingredients to combat gray hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
HI everyone - Just wanted to check the status -
has anyone been using the topknot, egg white and castor oil mask or the blue lotus with any success - my hair gets grayer everyday so has anyone found anything effective???
Thx DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
majorb wrote:
Snowie wrote:
is it true that if i'm graying and dye my hair to mask it that my hair will become gray faster?

I've never heard of that and can't imagine that it is true. I can't see how it could possibly make hair more grey. Hopefully, someone with more expertise than myself will come along and verify this, though.

I've never heard of it either. Maybe it's because once you stop dyeing (sp? - is it dying or dyeing) your hair, it's a shock how gray your hair now is.

Thank-you for both of your inputs... I tried to google some info about this and although this wikipedia is not completely a reliable sources, it stated that...

"Hair coloring involves the use of chemicals capable of removing, replacing and/or covering up pigments naturally found inside the hair shaft. Use of these chemicals can result in a range of adverse effects, including temporary skin irritation and allergy, hair breakage, skin discoloration and unexpected hair color results."

Anyhow, I do hope that someone with more expertise could verify this. Thank-you!

Snowie

PS... i think it's dyeing Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Snowie wrote:
Thank-you for both of your inputs... I tried to google some info about this and although this wikipedia is not completely a reliable sources, it stated that...

"Hair coloring involves the use of chemicals capable of removing, replacing and/or covering up pigments naturally found inside the hair shaft. Use of these chemicals can result in a range of adverse effects, including temporary skin irritation and allergy, hair breakage, skin discoloration and unexpected hair color results."

Anyhow, I do hope that someone with more expertise could verify this. Thank-you!

Snowie

In my opinion, that wikipedia quotation doesn't say anything about making hair grey. When it refers to "removing, replacing and/or covering up pigments naturally found inside the hair shaft", this just means either bleaching hair to remove pigmentation (ie when you want to go from darker to lighter or blonde coloured hair) or covering the colour to change it from lighter to darker shades. Remember that hair is constantly growing, so any changes to it by dyeing the hair are cosmetic only. The new hair growth will not be changed and will be your natural colour (eg roots that show a few weeks after you have dyed your hair).

Unexpected hair colour results can occur if you put one shade on top of a different shade that is already there, or when you try to change very dark hair several shades lighter. This doesn't mean that the hair will become grey - it just means that you might end up with green or yellow hair!

I hope that helps to ease your mind. To my knowledge, there is no scientific reasoning behind hair dye causing hair to turn grey - unless, of course, you dye it a grey colour! Laughing

As Skippie pointed out, if you continue to dye your hair over many years and then suddenly stop, you may well notice that grey hairs have appeared - but this is only because you are getting older and only just noticing the grey as it was previously covered up with dye. Nothing at all to do with the dye itself.

Just out of interest, where did you hear this? Do you have a reference at all? If it's just hearsay, then I really wouldn't worry as I'm pretty sure it's not true.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:10 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
HI everyone - Just wanted to check the status -
has anyone been using the topknot, egg white and castor oil mask or the blue lotus with any success - my hair gets grayer everyday so has anyone found anything effective???
Thx DiPhx

Hi DiPhx. I'm having pretty good luck with blackstrap molasses, now that I'm consistently taking it everyday. I've even gotten used to the taste and don't feel like gagging. I drink it straight from the bottle - I suspect the amount is one to two tablespoons worth.

I haven't tried the egg white mask but I'm interested in hearing the results of that experiment. I added the blue lotus extract to my shampoo but didn't see any benefit from it.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes not being an USA resident can make things tricky for many of us.
The main reason I haven't tried many things is that, including the topknot herb Sad

However the ONLY thing I have seen online with some evidences of actually working is something called ormus specially the copper one.

I have used ormus in the past for 3 months due to a sickness and, as always, it is hard to say if one thing does work when you are actually doing many. But did not hurt and I improved of my medical condition with no traditional medical assistance (not because I didn't want it but because apparently it did not exist a treatment)

Here you can see some pictures and explanation of what it is.

http://ormusia.org/ormus/tw/magneticwater.htm

http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/hudson/ormusgas.htm

a Picture of a beard:
http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/m-copperbeard.jpg
(This has been Extracted From this page where you can find more info about what is ormus
http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/faq.htm)

a follow up of the beginning of the beard change:
http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/bcbeard.htm
Snowie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Snowie wrote:

Snowie

In my opinion, that wikipedia quotation doesn't say anything about making hair grey. When it refers to "removing, replacing and/or covering up pigments naturally found inside the hair shaft", this just means either bleaching hair to remove pigmentation (ie when you want to go from darker to lighter or blonde coloured hair) or covering the colour to change it from lighter to darker shades. Remember that hair is constantly growing, so any changes to it by dyeing the hair are cosmetic only. The new hair growth will not be changed and will be your natural colour (eg roots that show a few weeks after you have dyed your hair).

Unexpected hair colour results can occur if you put one shade on top of a different shade that is already there, or when you try to change very dark hair several shades lighter. This doesn't mean that the hair will become grey - it just means that you might end up with green or yellow hair!

I hope that helps to ease your mind. To my knowledge, there is no scientific reasoning behind hair dye causing hair to turn grey - unless, of course, you dye it a grey colour! Laughing

As Skippie pointed out, if you continue to dye your hair over many years and then suddenly stop, you may well notice that grey hairs have appeared - but this is only because you are getting older and only just noticing the grey as it was previously covered up with dye. Nothing at all to do with the dye itself.

Just out of interest, where did you hear this? Do you have a reference at all? If it's just hearsay, then I really wouldn't worry as I'm pretty sure it's not true.

Hi Majorb,

Thank-you for your well and thought out response to my inquiry. It's amazing how much you could talk about a topic like this one. I have quite a few friends who have gray hair and they dye their hair to mask the gray. They told me to never dye my hair b/c from their personal experiences, they 'felt' that gray hair grows faster and in more numbers when you dye your hair to cover the gray. Throughout the years I have always wondered about this so I was curious to see what everyone had to say about this topic. So far, I think that the best and most logical reasoning for this is like you and Skippie have mentioned... that it appears we get gray faster when really we gray at the same rate as if we didn't dye our hair, but that the dye masks our gray so we don't realize the extent of our aging/graying until we stop dyeing our hair.

Thank-you for this discussion Smile
Snowie
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Sometimes not being an USA resident can make things tricky for many of us.
The main reason I haven't tried many things is that, including the topknot herb Sad

However the ONLY thing I have seen online with some evidences of actually working is something called ormus specially the copper one.

I have used ormus in the past for 3 months due to a sickness and, as always, it is hard to say if one thing does work when you are actually doing many. But did not hurt and I improved of my medical condition with no traditional medical assistance (not because I didn't want it but because apparently it did not exist a treatment)

Here you can see some pictures and explanation of what it is.

http://ormusia.org/ormus/tw/magneticwater.htm

http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/hudson/ormusgas.htm

a Picture of a beard:
http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/m-copperbeard.jpg
(This has been Extracted From this page where you can find more info about what is ormus
http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/faq.htm)

a follow up of the beginning of the beard change:
http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/bcbeard.htm

Those pictures are pretty impressive, Zenity. I think the copper is why the blackstrap molasses is helping. It also brings to mind for me the fact that last summer, my hair was really dark (I'm usually more a strawberry blond but it turned auburn in the summer) and my sisters kept asking what I was putting on it to make it dark. I wasn't putting anything on it but I was eating a lot of greens in my smoothies, especially turnip greens which are high in copper.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Snowie - Yes, it can give you an awful shock when you stop dyeing your hair and suddenly see how grey your hair has become! Shock Sadly, I know this from experience! Wink
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,

Those notes on your hair color change are making me wonder if the higher the intake of copper the darker the result will get...
I wonder if anyone platinum blonde could make hir/her hair brunette.
I have read that copper can be toxic in high doses (just as pretty much every mineral out there). I hope you are aware of it.
If your body is using the copper for your hair great, but once you have achieved the wanted results, what? Should youi stop, maintain, or reduce intake?
I have read alot at earthclinic.com about the subject and people do report success on copper, however they do not keep updates on progress or long term results. Sad
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I read a post a while ago that eating black sesame seeds help to reverse hair color back to black or something like that. I really don't know how true that is but black sesames sound delicious.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie and Zenity - Thank you both so much for the info on the black strap molasses and the ormus copper - they both sound intriguing and I'll have to do more research on both of them to see what might work best for my hair!
glad to hear
there is some hope!! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Skippie,

Those notes on your hair color change are making me wonder if the higher the intake of copper the darker the result will get...
I wonder if anyone platinum blonde could make hir/her hair brunette.
I have read that copper can be toxic in high doses (just as pretty much every mineral out there). I hope you are aware of it.
If your body is using the copper for your hair great, but once you have achieved the wanted results, what? Should youi stop, maintain, or reduce intake?
I have read alot at earthclinic.com about the subject and people do report success on copper, however they do not keep updates on progress or long term results. Sad

That's an interesting observation about hair color and copper, Zenity. I noticed that the man in the beard pictures has a reddish beard.

I will definitely be careful with taking too much copper.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
DIphx

I really think copper can work in *some cases* to reverse hair color. However copper being a mineral needs to be in a form that the body can actually absorb and process, that is why I think here going natural is better.
Blackstrap molasses are a good option, wheat sea grass is another good one reported to work good and ormus is known to be highly absorbed by our bodies.

In my emails with the Barefoot herbalist, the creator of the topknot spray, he address me to some good pictures as well from some people using the formula, including his wife. What was very appealing of the topknot is that you don't have to ingest anything, just spray your hair (i recall the temples) and that's it.
Couldn't order 'cause he would not ship to my country and shipping expenses would have been more expensive than the product itself
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Zenity,

I noticed this on the Barefoot Herbalist website:

Quote:
ALL OUT OF COUNTRY / NON U.S.A. ORDERS go to NATURES SPICES and use that website store. We do not ship anything out side of the U.S.A. This website owner has agreed to for as long as it does not become a problem. Some countries are very much against all importing of herbal supplements, while other countries have restrictions. All out of country orders are only shipped by flat rate air mail.

Click here to go to this website: http://www.naturesspices.com
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Skippie

Thnx for being such a sweetheart! Razz

I saw the site and was ready to order, but before I wanted to email him for further details. Then is when knowing the country I was in he told me was not a good idea to order. Too bad! I guess I will have to put this on wait 'til my next trip to the States.

Thanks again for being so kind.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Someone had PM'ed me to ask what BSM I'm taking. I take the only brand that was available in my grocery store: Brer Rabbit unsulphured BSM. She also asked about the amount of copper in the BSM. It's not listed on the label, but I found such a great website listing the nutrients in BSM that I thought I would share it: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?dbid=118%26tname=foodspice . I'm going to bookmark that site because it has a lot of really good information.
mk12
5% products discount

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Snowie wrote:
is it true that if i'm graying and dye my hair to mask it that my hair will become gray faster?

I could see how it might potentially accelerate graying because the chemicals used are toxic and therefore will stress the hair follicles more. I used to use a less toxic haircolor product to highlight my hair for years, and even that seemed to increase my graying in the areas where I tended to use it much more. YMMV, but that's what I observed.

A few years back, I switched to only using herbs and completely natural products and have had a lot of improvement.

I apply the herb Cassia or Senna to naturally color my gray hairs blond so they blend with my brown hair and look like highlights.

I mix Senna with strong Catnip Tea, apply it to damp, freshly washed hair, wrap it in plastic and then a towel and leave it for about 3 hours. Then I rinse, wash, condition and add a bit of oil to my damp hair. It's kind of like putting a mud pie on your head, which is the only downside... it's a bit time-consuming and can be messy.

I get a ton of color from this though and tremendous conditioning benefits. My hair has more body and fullness, and it feels like silk. I like to repeat this treatment about once a month to keep the grays from showing. (It's not as permanent as henna and the color will eventually fade.)

I buy the powdered Senna and Catnip from Herbco, and it's very inexpensive (although the shipping is pricey.)

You can read all about Senna/Cassia at the Longhaircommunity forum. Here is the FAQ thread that was culled from the 125-plus page thread on the subject:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42754
Steffita
5% products discount

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
the results with ormus copper are impressive, where do you find ormus copper?
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Steffita

That's the most difficult one to find online Sad

The one I took wasn't from the copper from.
I recall finding it once after a lot of research on line., but now I have no idea where that bookmark went.
If you find it please share.

PS: at subtleenergies.com there is a page only with links. It might be a good starting point.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Any of you have heard of wheatgrass juice to reverse grays? Google it, lots of people are very excited about it.
Also some people say the use of a violet ray can help preventing and reversing greys.

At this place both are mentiond but I have not try any.... yet!

http://www.beautifulonraw.com/raw-food-blog/rawsome-beauty/raw-foods-and-gray-hair/
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Any of you have heard of wheatgrass juice to reverse grays? Google it, lots of people are very excited about it.
Also some people say the use of a violet ray can help preventing and reversing greys.

At this place both are mentiond but I have not try any.... yet!

http://www.beautifulonraw.com/raw-food-blog/rawsome-beauty/raw-foods-and-gray-hair/

That's a great article, Zenity. She mentions some things that have been mentioned here, too, such as black sesame seeds and henna conditioning.

ETA: I was looking at black sesame seeds sold by nutsonline.com (great site to order from, BTW) and the description stated: They are rich in manganese, copper, calcium, and iron. That's pretty much what's in blackstrap molasses.
Steffita
5% products discount

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
could a copper supplement also cause this hair darkening or do you need other minerals too?

i've heard that zinc stops the body from absorbing the copper and over here they sell lots of mineral or zinc/copper supplements, so I don't know it that would be as effective.
Is it just the copper or also other minerals that have an impact on hair color?
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
B group Vitamins are essential too.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Just found this on google:
Quote:
Infinity ORMUS Oil is a base oil of organic, cold-pressed, extra virgin Olive oil infused with pure m-state copper (not just copper metal particles as is used in colloidal preparations). M-state copper is extracted from pure copper metal using an ancient fire alchemical technique. The olive oil is then infused with the m-state copper, resulting in a beautiful blue-green ORMUS oil. Olive oil is naturally high in copper and my research shows that m-state copper has a strong affinity for olive oil. Copper is a vital trace element needed for collagen and melanin production, which means that it is a natural anti-aging remedy.

Physical Benefits: Copper helps to break down damaged collagen and then promotes the building of new healthy collagen, smoothing out wrinkles, fading scars and stretch marks, and increasing the elasticity and firmness of the skin. Because it increases melanin production, copper has also been found to turn gray hair back to its original natural color. Copper also is very beneficial in increasing bone density and soothing sore muscles and joints, such as with arthritis. Copper even helps heal varicose veins.

Spiritual Benefits: Increased optimism, a child-like openness to new possibilities, an increased joy for life, and increased energy and vitality.

Use this oil from head to toe and enjoy the infinite possibilities of a more youthful you!

From:www.ormusoils.com/ormusoilproducts.html+buy+ormus+copper&cd=9&hl=es&ct=clnk&gl=es

It is pricey, though.

Found ormus in colloidal copper suspension, BUT! is not ormus from copper . Cheaper than te previous:

https://www.tibetangold.com/ssl/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=36&zenid=6425279bb525eac9067211a74528f8fa
Steffita
5% products discount

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
can't open it: i'm wondering if it will have a better effect than just supplementing with copper

I also found this: maybe combining copper with other vitamins,...will have an even better effect: cant post any links so i copied it

Which Vitamins Are Best For Your Hair

What Vitamins Work for Black Hair Growth?

Black means mystery, secrecy, or evil. But when it comes to hair, black is different. Having a black hair makes someone looks sophisticated, stylish, and elegant. Having that long, black, shiny hair is a dream to almost all ladies. Even men are dreaming to have that kind of hair elegance. However, being born with a brown hair or red hair keeps someone from reaching that dream. But not with the latest discoveries on making your hair grows black and blacker. This is only possible by controlling the production of one hair substance—the melanin.

Melanin is an important hair component that dictates the hair color. The lesser the melanin on our hair, the lesser black it becomes. With this, we can say that people in Africa have more melanin in their hair than people living in America. In fact, having gray hair is also caused by lesser melanin present in ones hair. Since hair color is controlled by the number of melanin produce, that also means that having more melanin will make a hair darker. So if you intend to have that black hair, make sure that your body can produce more melanin. How? That’s by taking foods or any intakes that are rich in melanin, or at least can make better melanin production.

The following are vitamins and other substances that promote more melanin production for a darker, blacker hair:

Vitamin E. This increases oxygen intake and improves the scalp and aids in hair growth.

Folic Acid. Prevents production of gray hair by helping a better melanin production.

Vitamin B6. This B vitamin helps in preventing hair loss and creating melanin.

Biotin. This promotes creation of more melanin and also helps in delaying hair greying as well as slowing down the progress of hair loss.

Niacin. Promotes better scalp circulation and better production of melanin.

Para-Aminobenzoic Acid. Regular taking of this nutrient will promote continuous melanin production.

Vitamin A. This nutrient produces healthier sebum for the scalp.

Copper. This nutrient is involved to increase of melanin production.

Pantothenic acid or vitamin B5. This B vitamin motivates utilization of vitamins for darker hair. This also aids in using the energy from certain foods that are beneficial in the increase of melanin production.

Inositol. This nutrient helps in minimizing gray hair and restoring the natural color of hair.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Jan Marini Regeneration Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Essential Corrective Complex (10 ml / 0.34 floz) Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |