Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
EC413 wrote:
I already have a question. I plugged it in not even an hour ago and even though I didn't keep my eye on it the whole time, it was blinking at first, and now the light is off. It says to charge for 3 hours initially. Should I keep it plugged in? When I unplug and plug in again, it doesn't even blink. Confused

The light turns off after it is charged. I would keep it plug in for the full 3 hours the first time just to be sure but after the initial charge to recharge the ReAura if the battery is almost totally discharged takes little less then an hour. If you charge it after each use (when the battery still has a lot of juice let) it takes less time.

Thank you, I did let it charge for a full 3 hours before use.

I just got done with my first treatment, surprisingly I got really good contact (green light and hum) for all of my face, except the forehead is a little tough as expected. And it seems this wont be easy to use on/around the nose. Each zone felt like it took about 6 minutes? Maybe I'll time it next time.

The feeling was so strange. Not unbearable, but it almost felt like the tip was scratching my face or something but it was just the laser, and does anyone else hear an almost pop or a zap sound in areas when going over the skin? I'm using level two.

I think next time I need to use more gel, I want to conserve, so I probably put a little less than a pea for each zone. I think there was too much drag on the skin in some areas. So more gel next time.

After the 3 zones (face) were done, I turned it off, washed my face and applied the after care. Does everyone wash in between treatment and after care?

My skin is pretty sunburt feeling. Definitely similar to the PaloVia "after feel" but it's different because it's all over the face. PaloVia actually may have hurt worse. Pretty red, not tomato red but noticeable if I were to go in public right now. Will be paying attention to how long the inflammation takes to lessen.

Overall, I am surprised at how easy it is to do. Feels sturdy and quality built. Face stings so I know the laser is doing something. Excited to see results down the road.

The only thing I hate is looking in the mirror at yourself for that long when treating, haha. You really start to notice your lines. Embarassed
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add my excitement at having received the reaura. Zed was fantastic to deal with, very attentive to every detail.

Though I'm aching to get started, I am due for my next dermapen (my-m) next week, and have to deal with the public more in the next month. It will make more sense for me to begin treating in the fall, so I will be patient.

If that patch test I did on my arm is anything to go by, this thing definitely has plenty of juice! I may be one that can only do once a week, but I will do my best to do the optimal program. I certainly cannot use a .2mm roller for all the inflammation, but perhaps this will be different.

I am hoping for more even texture and tone, and hopefully a little firming too, in combination with 6 weekly dermapen treatments. Thankyou to those that as usual provide us with the great feedback and impetus to invest in the best out there.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
I wanted to add my excitement at having received the reaura. Zed was fantastic to deal with, very attentive to every detail.

Though I'm aching to get started, I am due for my next dermapen (my-m) next week, and have to deal with the public more in the next month. It will make more sense for me to begin treating in the fall, so I will be patient.

If that patch test I did on my arm is anything to go by, this thing definitely has plenty of juice! I may be one that can only do once a week, but I will do my best to do the optimal program. I certainly cannot use a .2mm roller for all the inflammation, but perhaps this will be different.

I am hoping for more even texture and tone, and hopefully a little firming too, in combination with 6 weekly dermapen treatments. Thankyou to those that as usual provide us with the great feedback and impetus to invest in the best out there.

Wow, you got it and you're waiting til Fall to use!? How patient of you. I opened the box and started charging it before the UPS guy even left the street!

My skin calmed down extremely just about 2 - 2.5 hours after treating. My skin now almost has a "tanned" look to it, rather than red. I'm very happy that my skin seems to take the treatment well. The fact that the redness subsided so quickly makes me comfortable knowing that I won't have to be asked questions at work.

My skin actually looks quite good, almost has a dewy look to it. And the aftercare does seem pleasant and calming on the skin. I want to find out some sort of substitute though when I run out.

I can't wait for the next treatment, I have to wait until around Tues-Weds, lol. That's another good thing about this product though, only have to use it for not even an hour combined each week.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
CookieD wrote:
EC413 wrote:
I already have a question. I plugged it in not even an hour ago and even though I didn't keep my eye on it the whole time, it was blinking at first, and now the light is off. It says to charge for 3 hours initially. Should I keep it plugged in? When I unplug and plug in again, it doesn't even blink. Confused

The light turns off after it is charged. I would keep it plug in for the full 3 hours the first time just to be sure but after the initial charge to recharge the ReAura if the battery is almost totally discharged takes little less then an hour. If you charge it after each use (when the battery still has a lot of juice let) it takes less time.

Thank you, I did let it charge for a full 3 hours before use.

I just got done with my first treatment, surprisingly I got really good contact (green light and hum) for all of my face, except the forehead is a little tough as expected. And it seems this wont be easy to use on/around the nose. Each zone felt like it took about 6 minutes? Maybe I'll time it next time.

The feeling was so strange. Not unbearable, but it almost felt like the tip was scratching my face or something but it was just the laser, and does anyone else hear an almost pop or a zap sound in areas when going over the skin? I'm using level two.

I think next time I need to use more gel, I want to conserve, so I probably put a little less than a pea for each zone. I think there was too much drag on the skin in some areas. So more gel next time.

After the 3 zones (face) were done, I turned it off, washed my face and applied the after care. Does everyone wash in between treatment and after care?

My skin is pretty sunburt feeling. Definitely similar to the PaloVia "after feel" but it's different because it's all over the face. PaloVia actually may have hurt worse. Pretty red, not tomato red but noticeable if I were to go in public right now. Will be paying attention to how long the inflammation takes to lessen.

Overall, I am surprised at how easy it is to do. Feels sturdy and quality built. Face stings so I know the laser is doing something. Excited to see results down the road.

The only thing I hate is looking in the mirror at yourself for that long when treating, haha. You really start to notice your lines. Embarassed

Sounds about right. ~6 min per zone. I use level 3 on my face, but could only tolerate level 2 on my neck. The Palovia definitely hurt more.

You'll likely get some minor sandpapery feel in 2-3 days.

I wash the gel off before applying the aftercare.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I wash the gel off also before I put on any aftercare product.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
So I can buy a Reaura from Zed off of eBay and he will ship to the US? I want one so badly!
beautybee
5% products discount

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought one from Zed,off ebay looks like its in the mail and on its way.I also just received my new DermaJet this week which I plan on trying out this weekend.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia23 wrote:
So I can buy a Reaura from Zed off of eBay and he will ship to the US? I want one so badly!

Yes you can get one from Zed, I got one on eBay too and im in the US, although I didn't buy from Zed, I should have.

Got mine today. I did my treatment at 2pm and now it's 9:30pm and I'm able to go out.

Despite the cost I'm happy about this purchase.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
You're only supposed to use the aftercare right after treatment and not on the days in between, correct?

I was looking at aftercare ingredients and found out what I'll buy when the aftercare complex runs out. Most likely some sort of chamomile face cream. Tons of choices on eBay, some have a bunch of combined ingredients including aloe. There is one I might buy now for $6.50 including shipping for 1.55 oz of cream. I love chamomile on my skin, very nourishing and calming. I might even buy some St. John's wort extract (cheap), maybe green tea extract and make my own little concoction to try and mimic the one that comes with the ReAura.

Anyone else have any tips for stuff to apply during these next 8 weeks?
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Idealist wrote:

Wow, you got it and you're waiting til Fall to use!? How patient of you. I opened the box and started charging it before the UPS guy even left the street!

My skin calmed down extremely just about 2 - 2.5 hours after treating. My skin now almost has a "tanned" look to it, rather than red. I'm very happy that my skin seems to take the treatment well. The fact that the redness subsided so quickly makes me comfortable knowing that I won't have to be asked questions at work.

My skin actually looks quite good, almost has a dewy look to it. And the aftercare does seem pleasant and calming on the skin. I want to find out some sort of substitute though when I run out.

I can't wait for the next treatment, I have to wait until around Tues-Weds, lol. That's another good thing about this product though, only have to use it for not even an hour combined each week.

Lol, I know. I really want to try it. This is the first time I have been so patient with something. I will do my dermampen treatment first though, because the results from my last one were so amazing. After I have recovered from that I will have to look decent, so won't be able to start straight away, as I don't think I will have the same resiliency as you do unfortunately. My skin is closer to Bethany's.

However, I did treat my husbands terribly sundamaged arms while watching a movie last night. It wasn't too difficult, and was over relatively quickly. He really has the longest arms I have ever seen though, so wondered if they should be four zones instead of three for the hands and forearms (even though they are slim). He didn't complain at all, so I was surprised to see how beet red they were afterwards. I absolutely love the machine.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
You're only supposed to use the aftercare right after treatment and not on the days in between, correct?

I only used the aftercare cream right after the treatment. If I had continued redness I would have used it more days. I have other products I like better and used those in between.

I think the key is to use something fairly gentle, no acids. During my first 8 week round, I stopped Retin A completely. During my second round, I've used a retinol product on the nights when I didn't use the Reaura. I've not had trouble with that, but my skin isn't sensitive. It's not the recommended approach.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
EC413 wrote:

I only used the aftercare cream right after the treatment. If I had continued redness I would have used it more days. I have other products I like better and used those in between.

I think the key is to use something fairly gentle, no acids. During my first 8 week round, I stopped Retin A completely. During my second round, I've used a retinol product on the nights when I didn't use the Reaura. I've not had trouble with that, but my skin isn't sensitive. It's not the recommended approach.

Yea I stopped Retin-A as well, about 1.5 weeks before starting ReAura and I'll start back up after the first 8 week trial. I do think i'll get some sort of chamomile based cream. That's always been known to calm. I use the aftercare complex pretty sparingly anyways, so hopefully the 2oz bottle lasts for a little while.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Did my 2nd treatment last night at around 11:30pm right before bed. I still can't get over how strange the feeling is. So much different than the PaloVia, like I said before, it feels like the tip is scratching my face. It doesn't hurt, I just find myself wondering if I am scratching my face whenever I do it, lol.

My face didn't get as red from last nights treatment, compared to my first treatment. Applied some aftercare right after treatment and went to bed a little tingly.

Woke up this morning, little bit of redness, more like pink. I love that about this product. That so many are seeing results (overtime) but it doesn't involve practically any downtime.

How many times do you think I could treat my face before recharging?

So excited to have the ReAura. A feeling that I have never really had before about any one product. And for me at least, I got used to using it within the first treatment. I thought it would take me a while to get the hang of it.
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Stop it EC! You're making me want to break it out right now! No seriously, I have pumpkin head from my dermapen last night, so need a couple of weeks anyway. And I really wanted to do that as I was very impressed with results from the last one. But now I can't wait even more. I am glad you love it so much. My husbands arms went really well too.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
Stop it EC! You're making me want to break it out right now! No seriously, I have pumpkin head from my dermapen last night, so need a couple of weeks anyway. And I really wanted to do that as I was very impressed with results from the last one. But now I can't wait even more. I am glad you love it so much. My husbands arms went really well too.

Haha I don't mean to tease!

Again, you're very patient to wait on using the ReAura, but it's good that you're waiting because of the dermapen. Good to hear you're getting results from that. I got into dermarolling a year or 2 ago, but I stopped because the redness was lasting too long. But I'd like to maybe start again after using the ReAura.

And I do absolutely love it. I can feel that it's working, even the next day, my skin just feels like it's come alive. I wonder how long this thing will last! When it dies out (hopefully years from now) you bet I'm getting another!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
While surfing around on the Internet I found this site that is selling the ReAura. I can't tell if they are in the US because they don't list an address anywhere on their site that I could find.
The price is listed in US dollars and there is a phone number that a US area code. The company is called Beauty Tools if anyone wants to check it out.

ETA: I don't know anything about this company so I'm not recommending them. More like just FYI.

http://www.beautytools.com/Philips-ReAura-Laser-Skin-Rejuvenation-p/philips-reaura-laser.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
While surfing around on the Internet I found this site that is selling the ReAura. I can't tell if they are in the US because they don't list an address anywhere on their site that I could find.
The price is listed in US dollars and there is a phone number that a US area code. The company is called Beauty Tools if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.beautytools.com/Philips-ReAura-Laser-Skin-Rejuvenation-p/philips-reaura-laser.htm

When I was researching the ReAura I found the same site and also was wondering if it would ship to US.

However, the price I paid on eBay was cheaper than that store, but either way, I do wonder as well...
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
EC413, I seem to get quite a few sessions before having to recharge. I'm currently on session 6 and still doing okay. I'm doing a round of level 3 on my face but only doing it weekly since I don't have much time with 4 young kids.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
EC413, I seem to get quite a few sessions before having to recharge. I'm currently on session 6 and still doing okay. I'm doing a round of level 3 on my face but only doing it weekly since I don't have much time with 4 young kids.

Wow, didn't realize one charge would last that many treatments, very good to know, thank you.

I can finally really feel the light sandpaper feel to my skin, feels rougher on my forehead.

Can't wait for my THIRD treatment on Thursday night! My skin is looking good, especially my under eye area. Maybe that's because I was using the PaloVia right before starting the ReAura. I have since stopped the PaloVia and might keep it strictly for under the eyes.

I'm still using on level two, but will bump up to three after the first 4 weeks.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:59 am      Reply with quote
EC, consider getting a product called the Cure...it helps immensely with exfoliating the "sandpaper."

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
FYI that after finally getting my skin barrier repaired after 4 weeks of ReAura treatments on my hands/arms in February, I finally noticed that they are looking pretty darn good. Especially the tops of my hands...yay!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
great Bethany,

Are you saying that you followed the ReAura with the Epionce products?

Thanks, BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
great Bethany,

Are you saying that you followed the ReAura with the Epionce products?

Thanks, BFG

I was using the ReAura aftercare product immediately after the treatments, but did not continue them after that. I then used the Environ body cream, but my arms still looked pretty rough. I ended up switching to the Epionce Medical Barrier Cream a few weeks ago in the am, and am still using the Environ on my arms at night. I noticed over the last few days that my arms and hands are looking really good, so I guess things finally came together.

I don't want to harp on specific products that I personally happen to like, but I have seen a huge difference in both my face and arms recently, which I do attribute to barrier repair. I do think that many people are making (incorrect) assumptions on how to repair their barrier, however, and that only limits their age reversal/maintenance efforts.

I am listening to a recorded radio show on how a damaged skin barrier is really the primary cause of visible aging, and once I finish I will post the link for you. I'll also repost some previously shared articles in hopes that others will delve more into skin barrier knowledge since I think it is critical when using the ReAura.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, would you recommend CeraVe AM SPF 30 day lotion? It has ceramides and niacinamide and hyaluronic acid in it. Those aid in repairing skin barrier, right?

It's pretty affordable and available at drugstores. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle and try it out.

EDIT: Normally CeraVe runs about $16.00 (including tax) in stores, I just found (on eBay lol) a CeraVe AM (SPF 30) & CeraVe PM combo for $21.00. Saved about 10$. I love eBay.

I read some reviews on CeraVe AM & PM and people seem to love it. And it does aid in repairing the skin barrier. Maybe the CeraVe PM can act as my "aftercare" lotion once I run out.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
EC, consider getting a product called the Cure...it helps immensely with exfoliating the "sandpaper."

I second this recommendation. The Cure makes a huge difference for me in getting rid of the dry stuff!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |