Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Your favorite "drugstore" finds...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Sis,
why is it you find the coolest things at drug stores, and I never see them at any of mine. I don't live in outer Mongolia for goodness sakes!! Confused
DM

Oh,
you would looooove the Canadian chain Shoppers Drug Mart- they have a beauty boutique with almsot all the high end stuff sephora sells,and all these european brands I am not too familiar with.

Shoppers chain I have lately seen: phyto hair items,Tigi,Fekkai, Com Bio? some organic brand...,Guelain,Lancome,All biotherm items,Dior,Clarins
-that chain they usually have tons of stuff and are open till midnight every day almost!

My drugstore finds are:

Bioderma sensibio eye cream: very light and refreshing,goo fo sensitive skin and only $22!

Vichy eye stick, the men's one is $25 but it lasts a very long time and is cooling.

Neostrata vitamin C capsules 10%, the cheapest vitamin C that actually works for me.

Olay eye gel: the $10 one in the black packaging. it is nice moisturizing gel,not harsh, not too much "active" stuff in it.
no fragrance so it does not bother me.

Nivea aqua something eye cream, costs around $10 and feels cooling going on, does not reduce puffiness for me,but feels nice on.
for a basic eye cream it seems good.

Mavala!
even though no drugstores around here sell it, it is hard to find lately,some salons sell that line too.

Mavala scientific nail hardener. the bottle is only 2ml and it is liquid like water,but you put a tiny drop on the nail tip and it gets rid of flaky peely looking nails right away Smile

Mavala eye base, it is a clear matte ey base and helps eye makeup stay on.
I have sampled tons of eye bases and this is the only one I actually rebuy.

most other eye bases I try feel so greassy and are always beige or shimmery.
I always have probs w concealer staying on and this actually helps.

I also like Jason naturals aloe shower gel, and the apricot one too.

Giovanni hair products are nice too!

I am so disapointed with the uS drugstores, they had nothing interesting when I visit compared to Shoppers here.

Body by Brigitte eyebrow wax strips I just got a sample of them and they actually work!
I've tried all the drugstore wax things and they all suck!
I actually gave up on doing my own brows w wa,but this I am getting next time I go to the store Smile
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
cristaline wrote:

The brands one can now find at the drugstore are surprising. My local Rite-Aid and CVS carries Terax, Pureology, Bumble & Bumble, Philosophy, Redken, Nexxus, KMS, Sebastian, Paul Mitchell, Biolage, and the list goes on!

Please keep in mind that drugstores and target are not authorized dealers for these brands. So you may not always get what you think you are getting. I've read a few times on MUA that the product purchase was not the same (whether it was just old or actually a fake I don't know now).

Oh,

the hair dressers I spoke to they actually told me the same thing!

And what is actually funny is that in Canada anyways, these products are actually CHEAPER at the authorized salon!

Most of the salon lines from what I saw were at least $5-7 more per item.
I do not think I would buy actual salon items unless it was from the actual salon.
But then again the two authorized stores I go to they have special customer sales of buy 2 get 1 free on top of sale price ever 4 months-on top of the every day sales for liters of hair product Smile
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees products and Bloom lip gloss. Smile
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mine are Avene, Eau Thermale, Shiseido Facial cotton, and Evian spray water at your local
Shoppers Drug Mart Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
We need Shopper's Drug Mart in the US....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

My family jokes I am "addicted" to that store.
But so many times they have such good ponts offers that when buying stuff,like higher end cosmetics and organic foods you get all the money you spend back in points.

So many times I've spent $70-100 and gotten MORE points back Smile

But with my points I always try to get things I need and items that are on sale.
I figure if I were to spend that $75 somewhere else for those needed item (like food,household supple,allergy stuff),

it is a good deal to get those higher end items.

I actually like Shoppers chain better than Sephora.
They acually opened a Sephora here a few months ago, and the Canadian store sucks so bad.
Sephora here, they never have bonuses for Canadians,
Never have sales and a tiny cluttered disorganized store.

Shoppers drug there is one in the mall it is 2x bigger than Sephora,
they ALWAYS have bonuses and samples, even if u buy nothing Smile
I always get Neostrata there and if you ask the staf they usually have tons of promotional product from the company and will give you a bunch of things with your order.

Also, they have a sale perume section, and sometimes it is very good.
after most holidays the perfume box sets are usually $20-30
and most stores always have a section with whatever is on sale that month.
For the price range of $20-30 I've seen Gucci,Harajuku lovers, Armani, bought a YSL 100ml last year (of in love again..really like it),also bought a comptoir pacifique bois de filao for $20 for the 50ml I think it was.
but they no longer carry that scent Sad

Ihave banned myself from Shoppers for the past 2 months,unless it is for buying food (the one near me sells fresh fruits and veg also).

I almost want to place a bet on when Sephora will be closing around here.
Unless they actually have more specials or consisten stock, it is such a lame store.

Oh, and the Shoppers chain they opened a large sephora-like store downtown where i take the bus,
it used to be a drugstore, but they closed, renovated and opened the whole store as a cosmetics shop,with Decleor, brow bar, facials even.

I only know of this cuz I got a postcard in the mail about it, and pass by that street daily while walking.
I have not gone in just cuzI have so much stuff here already.
but i know the store website iswww.murale.ca

it is the second store of Murale in my city,but the other is in orleans and too far for me,like 2 hours away by bus...

You can also use the points you get at the Shoppers drug mart chain to redeem for things at the Murale store.
that migh tempt me one day,but have no points at all right now (redeeme them all for allergy stuff,food,boring things)

Also the Shoppers in the rideau centre and glebe store every friday they start the weekend promotions early so you get the extra points of both days and it is even better to get extra points on items you buy (this is not just cosmetics,but on food or anything else they sell like cameras,laptops too Smile
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I was reading this thread last week, and I came across the posts about the Neutrogena body oil. Their light sesame lotion has long been a favorite of mine, but I don't get it often because it's kind of on the pricey side. But I am absolutely in LOVE with the smell, and I liked how the lotion felt very light and not greasy at all. I don't know why I never thought about buying the body oil. Maybe because I was anti-oil for awhile before I knew any better! Laughing So I was stopping at Target on the way home anyway and they just HAPPENED to be running a sale on all of the Neutrogena stuff, so I picked up a big bottle of the body oil and wish I had done so sooner! Has the same scent that I love from the lotion, and I think the scent lasts longer too. I definitely put more than a few drops, and it still sinks right in. Only places where it sometimes feels a little greasy afterwards is in my knee and elbow pits. Feels great everywhere else. And it's certainly more economical than the lotion. I like the light sheen that it gives to skin as well. Luckily my b/f that I live with is also a fan of the scent, because he's going to be smelling it daily for a LOOOONG time! Very Happy
On a side note, I also picked up their Rainbath shower gel (guess I was in a splurge mood, but I told myself it was ok because it was on sale). I really liked the scent in the store, but I don't like it since I've gotten it home. You kind of have to use a lot to get a decent lather for your whole body too. It's got a bit of the old lady perfume smell. Reminds me of Avon's Skin So Soft a little bit. I'll rotate it in here and there with my other body wash until it's used up, but I won't be repurchasing that one.
Anyway, glad I came across this thread. Love Love LOVE the sesame scent!! The only thing I worry about with the body oil is being caught sniffing myself in public!!
happygolucky
5% products discount

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
nubian heritage african black soap. for $2 a bar, it deep cleans, doesn't dry out and can handle any skin problem (eczema, acne, etc). perfect bar - skin never looked better!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Same thing I think every time someone mentions the great brands they find there, we just don't have anything at the US drugstores like what you get! hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Rimmel eye makeup remover. No stinging, removes waterproof mascara, quickly and easily without pulling out eyelashes and doesn't have any oily residue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am totally grooving on two different drugstore shampoos/conditioners: NO SLS and nasty salts:

L'Oreal Everstrong (comes in different varieties. In a tube (green).
And
Organix - has two different scents - very lovely. Pretty cute bottle two. The one I have is a happy pink/coralish color.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Latest faves are CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser,and CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM, which has ceramides, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid. Very gentle, very economical, fragrance free!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:
Latest faves are CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser,and CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM, which has ceramides, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid. Very gentle, very economical, fragrance free!

Agreed on the Cerave PM. Lots of good ingredients there!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:

Sounds good!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
caboodle wrote:

Sounds good!

That sure does, and our drugstores actually carry the brand! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:

I picked some up at the store to try last week. Haven't tried it yet, but if it's good it will sure help my beauty budget.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:48 am      Reply with quote
oranges wrote:
caboodle wrote:

I picked some up at the store to try last week. Haven't tried it yet, but if it's good it will sure help my beauty budget.

I'll be interested to see how you like it, I could use the savings, I really need to use up what I already have here I am a died in the wool product junkie! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Nymue wrote:
Ok, so I was reading this thread last week, and I came across the posts about the Neutrogena body oil. Their light sesame lotion has long been a favorite of mine, but I don't get it often because it's kind of on the pricey side. But I am absolutely in LOVE with the smell, and I liked how the lotion felt very light and not greasy at all. I don't know why I never thought about buying the body oil. Maybe because I was anti-oil for awhile before I knew any better! Laughing So I was stopping at Target on the way home anyway and they just HAPPENED to be running a sale on all of the Neutrogena stuff, so I picked up a big bottle of the body oil and wish I had done so sooner! Has the same scent that I love from the lotion, and I think the scent lasts longer too. I definitely put more than a few drops, and it still sinks right in. Only places where it sometimes feels a little greasy afterwards is in my knee and elbow pits. Feels great everywhere else. And it's certainly more economical than the lotion. I like the light sheen that it gives to skin as well. Luckily my b/f that I live with is also a fan of the scent, because he's going to be smelling it daily for a LOOOONG time!
Anyway, glad I came across this thread. Love Love LOVE the sesame scent!! The only thing I worry about with the body oil is being caught sniffing myself in public!!

This has been a favorite of mine for years and years. It's marvelous stuff.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Have to give a shout out for Queen Helene Mint Julip Masque. Yesterday I bought a 10x mirror for eyebrow plucking. Vision is not so great lately and boy that mirror really magnifies. I looked at my nose and was horrified at the blackheads. I also after reading this thread and seeing the masque recommendations, I bought the masque at the same time I bought the mirror. I used it and afterwards checked the nose with the mirror and all blackheads were gone! Love it.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I'll be interested to see how you like it, I could use the savings, I really need to use up what I already have here I am a died in the wool product junkie! Laughing

I'm excited to try it. I haven't spent less than $20-$35 on a night cream in AGES!!! $12.99 wahoo if it's good. I'm using up the rest of my juice beauty nutrition moisturizer before I break it open. Maybe I could try it and alternate nights until I use up the Juice beauty. Use it on the same nights as retin-a.
Hmmmm. I'll report back.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 am      Reply with quote
oranges wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I'm excited to try it. I haven't spent less than $20-$35 on a night cream in AGES!!! $12.99 wahoo if it's good. I'm using up the rest of my juice beauty nutrition moisturizer before I break it open. Maybe I could try it and alternate nights until I use up the Juice beauty. Use it on the same nights as retin-a.
Hmmmm. I'll report back.

LOL That sounds so familiar, too many products and it's decisions, decisions? Bad Grin Bad Grin

5% products discount

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I like all Nivea products! Very mositurizing and always deliver, and the price is great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:02 am      Reply with quote
ballerinna wrote:
I like all Nivea products! Very mositurizing and always deliver, and the price is great!

Nivea for men eye cream is nice and fragrance free...and not in canada Sad
lawgurl

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
awesome thread Smile
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I used the cerave pm last night. It rubs in nicely the pump on the lotion is very nice, not sticking my fingers in a tub. My skin was nice this morning not dry. I'll report more when I use again.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |