Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi all
Im selling my Advan Thera Baby Q. I've only used it once, bought it for less than 3 months. I don't have the time to use it and its ust sitting here unused- a real waste. So im selling it on Ebay. Item number is 260115786726

Or else go here to have a look, happy shopping Very Happy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260115786726&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D260115786726%2B%2B%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi everyone - Just bought a Facemate - am very
excited to try it for a couple weeks to see
what it does to the skin. Looks like it deep cleanses, helps cream penetrate deeper,
and has a microcurrent function. I will purchase
some conductive gel and we'll take it from there. We'll see if the microcurrent is strong
enough to help with the sagging. Thank you all
for your comments!!

I know it has only been a few days but please tell me what you think. The BabyQ is a bit expensive and since I am seeing Sag and texture issues I think I might be better off getting FaceMate and Microstim instead of Baby but not sure. The LED's are supposed to really increase collagen and that is important too. Especially as I get closer to Menopause. So far the micro stims I have found are the NuFace and one sold in England called Cleo I think. That one is expensive though. I like the idea that Perricone has of using with DMAE.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
I just joined and this is my second post!
I initially found this site thanks to the first post on this thread... I stayed up late into the wee hours reading about the Baby Q ... the next day, I continued with my new obsession and found info on NuFace. I was WAY confused! I kept reading here and on sites elsewhere... and finally decided on the NuFace.
What I am looking for is "lift" (though today I read a post of someone who said they needed 'lift' but then got a hair cut-- and that was it! Could be, as I have usually had very short hair, and I have been growing it out (per DH request) ...-- alas: a NuFace device will soon arrive-- and perhaps the Baby will one day follow!
As I understand it, the Baby Q does skin resurfacing... whereas the NuFace will work on muscles and help 'tighten up'. Logically, both would work best in conjunction one with the other... but I am hoping that my monthly microdermabrasion appointments, plus CP Serum (nightly) and Vit-C (daily) will help with the skin resurfacing.
I may very well be confused ... as I have tried to ingest and digest all of this info in just two days!!

thanks everyone for posting (and I hope James and his family are OK!)
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 12:14 am      Reply with quote
mariah wrote:
Hello!
I just joined and this is my second post!
I initially found this site thanks to the first post on this thread... I stayed up late into the wee hours reading about the Baby Q ... the next day, I continued with my new obsession and found info on NuFace. I was WAY confused! I kept reading here and on sites elsewhere... and finally decided on the NuFace.
What I am looking for is "lift" (though today I read a post of someone who said they needed 'lift' but then got a hair cut-- and that was it! Could be, as I have usually had very short hair, and I have been growing it out (per DH request) ...-- alas: a NuFace device will soon arrive-- and perhaps the Baby will one day follow!
As I understand it, the Baby Q does skin resurfacing... whereas the NuFace will work on muscles and help 'tighten up'. Logically, both would work best in conjunction one with the other... but I am hoping that my monthly microdermabrasion appointments, plus CP Serum (nightly) and Vit-C (daily) will help with the skin resurfacing.
I may very well be confused ... as I have tried to ingest and digest all of this info in just two days!!

thanks everyone for posting (and I hope James and his family are OK!)

Hi Mariah - I have been doing the exact same thing these last few nights/early mornings! My birthday is coming up. My husband is pretty skeptical but wants to get me something I want. Problem is that most of the raves seem to be early on when they first get these gadgets and many people become disenchanted. I think it may take a while to get it right. Scalawaggirl had already been using DMEA on her face and lots of other things so I think her face was primed. Some of the rest of us might have to experiment.

I have come to the same conclusion that you ultimately need surface help and deeper muscular help. I have been going back and forth as to which one to start off with first as well and I am not sure that I can't get just as good a surface result with the ultrasonic FaceMate and use is to push in actives. I do like the fact that LED's stimulate collagen and seem to improve sun damage though. Not sure the FaceMate would do that, although I hear it is great for cleaning out pores and smoothing the texture. I have a friend who has been using FaceMate with actives for 2 years and swears by it. Anyway, the sagging and flattening look is becoming more bothersome to me lately but I do think the look of the skin itself is crucial to a youthful look.

I guess it is more a matter of what is bugging me the most right now. When I look in a magnifying mirror I think it is the larger pores coarser texture and brown spots. When I look from a distance I think it is the sag and loss of plumping. By the way I am not seriously sagged. I am at the beginning stages and great for almost 51 but it is not good where I am heading and Menopause is around the corner. I don't have the money for fat to my face and a face lift but I have many friends who are as picky as I am and younger who have already done this. I am hoping I can postpone for a while with all this stuff.

Please let me know what you think.

Oh meant to say also that I have started wearing my hair shorter. It has gotten shorter and shorter over the years and I always was known for my long gorgeous hair. I periodically start to grow it long because my DH likes also but it pulls my face down and I can't stand it. Shorter hair is upkeep but totally gives me a face lift. I feel with shorter hair I am about my bone structure and cheekbones and eyes and with longer hair I am about my hair. After my friends get face lifts they look great in long hair again, lol. I think it depends of the face shape but I always had a squarer jaw anyway so now it is longer and squarer and not flattered with long hair now. Shorter hair on the other hand gives me more of a heart shape.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mommydearest,

From reading all your threads on various posts I know what a quandary you are in with which gadget to buy. So I just thought that I would let you know that I am very enthusiastic about my UP5 ultrasonic device. (I know its unavailable to the States, but the Facemate or others would be equivalent). I am also very concerned with doing something about my sagging jowls and although its only been about a month since I started with the UP5, I really believe my appearance is looking allot fresher. I still use my Baby Q every other night but definitely think the UP5 is doing the most for firming and lifting.

In regard to the surface texture of your skin - have you tried Retin-A? I've just started with that too and I'm really hopeful that it will provide some refinement to my skin - I'm really liking the results so far.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi Mommydearest,

From reading all your threads on various posts I know what a quandary you are in with which gadget to buy. So I just thought that I would let you know that I am very enthusiastic about my UP5 ultrasonic device. (I know its unavailable to the States, but the Facemate or others would be equivalent). I am also very concerned with doing something about my sagging jowls and although its only been about a month since I started with the UP5, I really believe my appearance is looking allot fresher. I still use my Baby Q every other night but definitely think the UP5 is doing the most for firming and lifting.

In regard to the surface texture of your skin - have you tried Retin-A? I've just started with that too and I'm really hopeful that it will provide some refinement to my skin - I'm really liking the results so far.

Hi Keliu - may I ask if you are in the over 45 age category? Sorry don't mean to get personal.

The thing with the Ultrasonic is that it is not going deep like LED's to increase collagen. I guess I don't really understand how Ultrasonic works with skin. Are you using to push actives in deeper? The person I know usese it after peels and then pushes in Collagen/peptides/HA/CP's etc. He swears by it. It is definitely the least expensive route. I guess if this were my own money I would not be so careful but since he is offering to get this for me I want to make the smartest decision. I know that the only way to know is to try out. I have to find that comment someone made from James about the antiaging effects from BQ not being permanent and ask Alex about that one. That is disturbing considering the price.

I am using Retin A micro now. I was using Tazorac but it was too strong. I used stronger Retin A years ago but I was told I thinned out my skin too much. So my Derm suggested the Micro only 2 times a week. I think I might try the CP's again and maybe it would be more effective with the FaceMate. One of my problems is that amy pores get congested on my chin and nose. Might be hormonal. I did read that the FaceMate (I think in the ionic mode) is great for cleansing the pores. I even have a Clarisonic Brush but that does not even do it for me. Thanks for your feedback.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm way over 45 - 57 in fact, so I have all the aging issues. Before I started all this onslaught on my skin, my pores were also extremely congested - blackheads, whiteheads and cysts. I must say that my pores are now one area that has greatly improved and I think its mainly due to using the OCM and also switching to emu oil instead of all those gluggy moisturisers. I do use the UP5 after I've applied all my serums and emu oil and its definitely doing something. My husband keeps telling me how well I look - and I notice it too, which in turn makes me feel better about myself.

I really have no idea how all these gadgets work - I'm confused over the difference between the Nuface and the ultrasonic devices. When using the UP5 though, I can feel it 'pinging' my skin as the ions penetrate. I'm really lemming the Nuface but its too expensive for me at the moment. Plus, I don't know whether I'd just be doubling up considering I'm already using the UP5. I'm pretty happy with my routine at the moment - if I could just improve the wrinkles that are forming around my mouth, I'd be ecstatic! So, to that end I've bought the dreaded skin roller with the spikes! I'll try anything once. Laughing
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm way over 45 - 57 in fact, so I have all the aging issues. Before I started all this onslaught on my skin, my pores were also extremely congested - blackheads, whiteheads and cysts. I must say that my pores are now one area that has greatly improved and I think its mainly due to using the OCM and also switching to emu oil instead of all those gluggy moisturisers. I do use the UP5 after I've applied all my serums and emu oil and its definitely doing something. My husband keeps telling me how well I look - and I notice it too, which in turn makes me feel better about myself.

I really have no idea how all these gadgets work - I'm confused over the difference between the Nuface and the ultrasonic devices. When using the UP5 though, I can feel it 'pinging' my skin as the ions penetrate. I'm really lemming the Nuface but its too expensive for me at the moment. Plus, I don't know whether I'd just be doubling up considering I'm already using the UP5. I'm pretty happy with my routine at the moment - if I could just improve the wrinkles that are forming around my mouth, I'd be ecstatic! So, to that end I've bought the dreaded skin roller with the spikes! I'll try anything once. Laughing

Lol, oh I have that roller. I don't use it. I was scratching myself with it. I started doing OCM too and it does work, you are right. I read you need to do it for 5 minutes before stuff starts coming out. Is that true? That is a long time. That is what I do but my fingers can get crampy from it sometimes.

MD
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:36 am      Reply with quote
In the mornings I apply my cleansing oils then use the UP5 to massage them in, rinse my face thoroughly, then apply serums and continue with other modes. Actually I think that the Baby Q was also very helpful in loosening up the blackheads - probably the heat and moisture created by the BQ makes them come to the surface and then they're easy to remove.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mommydearest,

Check this site out - there's lots of fun toys here!:

http://www.jellenproducts.com/facial_machines.htm

Both the LED and ultrasonic devices look good.
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I guess it is more a matter of what is bugging me the most right now. When I look in a magnifying mirror I think it is the larger pores coarser texture and brown spots. When I look from a distance I think it is the sag and loss of plumping.

MommyDearest,

I am in my late 30's ... but concerned about the same things above...- the sag I see is very slight on my jowls ... and I see one nasty "marionette" line Mad I would love to get rid of: I think (hope) the NuFace will help with these.
I can recommend (highly) Vitamin C Serum from skinsceuticals for your pores and black heads. They begin to just surface. I also suffered from cystic acne... Retin A didn't help only thinned out my kin: Vitamin C has been great!
CPs also have been awesome though I can't use them around my eye area (the ones specifically for eyes).. and indeed, as someone else posted: emu oil is the best!

I just got an email that my NuFace got shipped yesterday. I am anxious to try it!
Mariah
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I can get red rash from C and I thought it clogged pores and turned face orange. You don't see that?

Please let me know what you think about the Nuface. You are lucky you were able to get both of these.I think the DMAE really enhances the microcurrent so if you don't use it you might want to get some.

MD
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
ah.. yes, I have seen the orange tint... but on my hands-- not my face so much... though I did have someone ask me if I had gone tanning Smile
the Vitamin C does open pores and will "spit out" your black heads etc... you just have to give it time.

BTW, I only bought the NuFace (not the Baby Q). I will try the DMAE, tried it before.... but didn't see any results-- maybe will be diff with this contraption: thanks!

Mariah
Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
thank you, i am going to try this too.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
In the mornings I apply my cleansing oils then use the UP5 to massage them in, rinse my face thoroughly, then apply serums and continue with other modes. Actually I think that the Baby Q was also very helpful in loosening up the blackheads - probably the heat and moisture created by the BQ makes them come to the surface and then they're easy to remove.

Hi Keliu -

What mode do you use on your UP5 to massage in the cleansing oils? I was talking to a woman the other day who sells and uses FaceMate and she thought the ionic mode was for the cleansing and Ultrasonic for pushing in.

MD
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
There are five modes on the UP5 - cleansing, eye zone, facial, lifting and vitamin C mode. For the OCM I use the cleansing mode.

Did you see the ultrasonic device from Jellen Products, it looks similar to the UP5. The LED device looks similar but cheaper than the Baby Q.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
There are five modes on the UP5 - cleansing, eye zone, facial, lifting and vitamin C mode. For the OCM I use the cleansing mode.

Did you see the ultrasonic device from Jellen Products, it looks similar to the UP5. The LED device looks similar but cheaper than the Baby Q.

I knew there was one site I missed somewhere. That place is amazing. I have to research some of these. They look good. Thanks. Might be able to get an LED and Ultrasonic all for the price of the Baby!
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
... as I anxiously await for the arrival of my NuFace: does anyone have any hints for me of how to use it?
It seems as though there are lots of applications and creams, settings? Or am I getting confused with other systems?
Do I just apply for example the DMAE or my regular Vitamin C then turn run the NuFace on my face at a certain setting?

Thank you?
Mariah
lavern12

Sat May 12, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
A spray mist and gel comes with your kit, you can use either one. When I use the gel I put a very thin layer on my face & neck. I have a bowl of water to pat on my face to keep my face damp. I turned my dial all the way up from the beginning. The mist I spray in my hand and pat on the area before doing treatment. I would think when using DMAE, Vitamin C or anything else you would put it on and give it time to absorb before using the NuFace, but don't know for sure
mariah
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you lavern12!

Does anyone know what is the benefit of putting on DMAE or vit C prior to use of the NuFace?

Also, I undertand the gel you wpe of after treatment and then se a moisturizer ... anyone have any favorites to suggest?

Thanks again!
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Confused Can someone post an idiots guide to what all these gadgets and gizmos' di, but in one post? (Both claims and actual results).

I guess what I'm asking is so you can do a quick comparison so you can look up you issue and see at a glance what machine is best for that problem?

Personally I like the look of the UP5 as it seems to do many jobs - so if I got that what benfit will I NOT get from it and which other gizmo should I then be saving up/nagging OH for ?LOL!

(I'm looking for preventative anti-ageing really and perhaps anti pigmentation as I am a typical celtic type and so have been prone to freckles my entire life - so something that would compliment my topicals - I know I can use the Vit C mode on the UP5 - so shoudl I go for an LED or a Laser type?
Help!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone using the BQ and who has fillers and botox, has seen the effects of these treatments disappear ? I have these treatments and use the BQ, but I'm really cautious using it on the areas I have treated with fillers etc ?
any thoughts ?
Jackie x
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284-I do and I have, many posts ago. In a nutshell, don't use the Baby Q directly on the areas in question and most importantly, immediately following treatment. Once the fillers have "taken" or bonded better, there seems to be a lesser threat of diminishing.
You can do a search for the other gadgets and their purposes, but since this thread is so long it is best to leave the Q & A's just to the Baby Q and Q. Forgot that lesson myself not long ago and someone was kind enough to point it out so I thought I might pass it on. Easy enough to lose sight of.
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Jackie284-I do and I have, many posts ago. In a nutshell, don't use the Baby Q directly on the areas in question and most importantly, immediately following treatment. Once the fillers have "taken" or bonded better, there seems to be a lesser threat.

Hi Annie,
thanks for the reply. I had noticed my botox seemed to fail a bit. I have just had some filler around my eyes (usually it's my lips so it's easier to avoid) and I really don;t want to lose the effects. I had the filler on Thursday, I have used the BQ today, but avoided the areas - do you think I should wait longer ? Also do you think it's ok to still use it on the jaw line, forhead etc while the fillers settle ?
thanks again
Jackie x
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I made the mistake of following Jame's advice to use on the injection sites immediately that night. My resty disappeared by the next day and my botox never took. It can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to take, and I have NEVER had it not take. I now wait to go lightly over that area after about 3 weeks and not on the botox area at all. I just use it around the area and it seems fine. I have filler in my nasolabial and two tiny lip corner lines. My botox is in my 11's. Do what makes you feel comfortable, I just would not want anyone to make the same costly mistake I did. Hope that helps.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |