Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
AnnieR wrote:
I'm not selling mine, nor have any intention to, but I use it now for maintenance, every 7-9 days instead of twice a week. If you don't have time to use it, or remember to, it can be an expensive gadget to store dust.
I have never used the eye goggles once, and I'll bet most people don't. It would be a way to keep the cost down by not including them.

I'm happy with mine too. I use it about three times a week and find it quite relaxing to use whilst watching TV. For those who can't spare the time, maybe the DPL from NCN Skincare is the way to go. I wonder how the specifications of both devices compare - anyone know?

I'm still using mine as well! I use it 2-3 times/week, generally while watching TV.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Well here is a link to todays NY Times article and interview I did on the Baby Q. There was a misquote on my dad being a cattle ranger, he was a cattle RANCHER, but since he just passed away recently I am a little more sensitive. I said a few more good things about the Q that didn't come across I guess.
Boy I sound obsessed with anti-aging and trying new things!!! Maybe I am??
(Thanks Katee, it was fun).
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/14/fashion/14skin.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Annie, that was a great article. You look great in that picture as well. I personnally still like my Baby Q. I use it every other night. Thanks again for sharing your article. Very Happy

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much. It's funny because the quote I used on how I use my Baby Q was "I use it at night with no makeup in my pink fuzzy robe, drinking a glass of wine and watching The Sopranos". I guess since I wasn't brave enough to be photographed that way, it felt a little more fake!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
A picture like that would have definitely been an attention getter, that's for sure. I'm usually in my shorts and t-shirt when I use BQ. But, it's true test is coming up. I am going to back to Florida and see my sister for the first time since starting my routine with the Baby Q. I anxious to see what her comments will be.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone using the LED technologies DPL unit? I purchased one but am having second thoughts. I thought it would be best for me since it takes less time. I would love to hear some feedback. I posted on the dpl thread also. Thanks.

Cindy
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR - you looked great in the picture! This will probably start another run on Baby Q's.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Another run on Baby Q and 55 more pages!
I wish I could have been more positive on the full-sized Q, but it just wasn't for me and my sensitive skin. Sad to hear of those of you who are selling your babies and weren't happy for whatever reason. Crying or Very sad
I did mention how I think the Quasar/Baby Q is good for muscle and pain control but this article was more about anti-aging. My hubby loves it on a sore/healing muscle and so do I.
The typo got corrected in the article from ranger to rancher, yeah! My son just thought I was too old to read properly (I swear it was there).
I am off to the Riviera Maya for a week with the hubby for anniversary (23 yrs.) and Im thinking I will pack it as I am sure (even with sunscreen) that I will need it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason, I can't access the article Sad . I tried to register but it didn't work Confused .
I'll try again later.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
After the first day I think you have to register but that's weird it did not pull up. If you go to NY Times and Lifestyle (on Thurs. only) and click on "You can smooth or zap but will the results hit home". My son read it and said "Mom, that is so not you", because he knows I don't wear makeup at all during the week, nor do anything but pull my hair up in a ponytail until the weekend, I am such a tomboy, horse person. But that's why I have it, to be proactive. He left home before I bought my Baby Q so he's never seen it. Happy reading and using the baby Q.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
After the first day I think you have to register but that's weird it did not pull up. If you go to NY Times and Lifestyle (on Thurs. only) and click on "You can smooth or zap but will the results hit home". My son read it and said "Mom, that is so not you", because he knows I don't wear makeup at all during the week, nor do anything but pull my hair up in a ponytail until the weekend, I am such a tomboy, horse person. But that's why I have it, to be proactive. He left home before I bought my Baby Q so he's never seen it. Happy reading and using the baby Q.

AnnieR, you looked great in that pic. Do you really have to hold the babyQ that close to your skin in real life? Or was that just for the picture?

Also, I saw Tricia's pics, and wow, her results of using the quasar are amazing, too.

I wonder why Katee was not interviewed since she was the one who first raved about this device? How did the NYT find you and Tricia? This is amazing.
manon
5% products discount

Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Yes AnnieR, you look great in your pic!

I just purchased my baby Quasar today!

I just read through most of the pages of this thread Rolling Eyes and I'm still confused about the botox/fillers. AnnieR says it diminished her botox/fillers whilst Katee says it enhanced her botox/fillers. Confused

I had my botox done 4 weeks ago would it be safe to use the BQ on those areas or better of skipping those which will be hard because I had a lot of areas done, such as forehead and nasal line and lips. Shock
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Manon! I really like my Baby Q a lot. I do have fillers and because of AnnieR's posts, I always avoided that area and have had no problems. I figured why chance it. When the filler goes away I'll use it on that area and see if there's a difference. I would recommend avoiding the area though, because it's an expensive mistake to make. Have fun!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ola! Back from vacation and thought I would answer. the question on the Times and Katee. Bkkgirl-They did ask her, but she didn't have the time, so she referred me. I then referred Scally, since she has a few devices and I know she swears by them objectively and a few others who were more knowledgeable on skincare, peels and such. But the main focus seemed to be the Quasar and the gadgets. The article was fun and a little scary since I am a very private person. It was living outside my box, so it was good for me as a hermit.
Also, I do hold the Baby Q right on my skin like in the picture, but I don't push it into my skin.
Manon-I used the Baby right on the injection site hours after having the injection done as James said it would help on the bruising and swelling. It did alright, took it all away!. If you give the injections time to take, I don't think you will have the problem. As a precaution, I just don't put it on the site at all now. But it is only 3 tiny spots on my 11's and a tiny spot on my left lip line where I got the Juvederm. That line is totally gone now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR, is the tiny line on your lip that is totally gone now from the baby q or from other products or a mixture?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could say Baby Q, but I think it is mostly due to the resty/juvaderm injection and then using the TCA peel method I read about that Scally posted.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you charis and AnnieR for answering my question regarding botox and resty. Very Happy

I can't wait till my BQ arrives!
johnnavic
5% products discount

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
BIG RAVE about a new device I just bought in Canada. It is a modular hand held light therapy device for acne and anti-aging. What I found really cool is first it really works and second they are coming out with new treatments and I never have to buy a new unit to add on to my current system.

The Tanda Skincare System has two treatment heads - blue for acne and red for acne and anti-aging. I have had a bad time with adult acne for years and finally decided I couldn't stay on the pill anymore (10+ years) As soon as I went off - BOOM - pimples everywhere, HATED IT.
I want to get pregnant so I didn't want to take any pills for it so when my derm told me about blue light I googled the therapy and up popped this unit.

I have been using it three minutes twice and day and it WORKS... YEAH. What is cool is that I have both applications, acne and skin rejuvenation in one device.

I called and I guess they are a couple weeks from FDA approvals. They already have their Health Canada Licence.

It seems that is the way the market is going... light for use at home. I did hear that some major players like J&J and P&G are coming out to play as well.

you have to check it out Tanda Skincare System.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
can you please send me a pic how the machine looks like on our forum? I would like to see it. Thanks Smile

katee wrote:
I swear that I really thought about the fact that y'all would KILL me if I posted this Exclamation Laughing Exclamation

The amount of time a treatment takes really varies, depending on how you use it. The manufacturer recommends dividing your face in half and then dividing each side into three areas - a total of six areas - then going over each area first with a lower frequency light setting, then a higher for 2 minutes each (the device beeps at 2 minute intervals). Then, you can switch to the higher wave, continuous setting, and use that all over for 4 minutes, concentrating on spots that need extra help. If done that way, a complete treatment lasts about 28 minutes.

My derm's recommendation differed a bit. She knows my skin and also is knowledgeable about the device. I have resilient skin that she says is quite thick (something she says is VERY good, although I have to admit I didn't like the sound of THAT Very Happy ) AND I had just completed a Gentle Waves series. Sooooo, she told me to divide my face (from the eyes down) into two halfs and to do 4 minutes on each side with the high, continues wave frequency (the interval cycle with the continues wave gives you a beep after 4 minutes, as opposed to 2 minutes with the other 2 cycles), then do a final 4 minutes on my forehead (including between my eyes and just under my eyebrows (but not on my eyelids obviously...). Using her method, a treatment takes a total of 12 minutes. She said I could do it everyday if I wanted to, but that after a couple of weeks, she said I'd find that I could make do with every other day if I preferred. She said to keep my eyes closed when moving the device over and just under my eyebrow. The maker recommends wearing protective goggles but she said it isn't necessary. In fact, during the Gentle Waves treatments, again, the manufacturer provides goggles, but ever practitioner I know just has you keep your eyes closed. The treatment is very beneficial to the eye area and the goggles would impede that...

No side effects at all. The only contraindicators mentioned are epilepsy, pregnancy, cortison or steroid use, and cancer fighting drugs.

One thing I don't think I mentioned in my review: I had some broken caps on the sides of my nose, near my nostrils and was thinking about getting them zapped with an IPL treatment. They're gone now Razz

I haven't used the device anywhere on my body yet, but I do think I'm going to start doing my decolletage as well. They DO tell you not to pass the device directly over your thyroid gland. They said that when NASA tested the use of light therapy they thought it might have some mild effect on the thyroid. Apparently the tests, which were extensive, showed no effect, but the manufacturer said they'd still rather NOT pass the device directly over the gland. I concur completely. When it comes to things like that, I'm SUPER cautious....
johnnavic
5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jade, I wasn't sure if you were asking about he Tanda or the BabyQ but if you want to see the Tanda you can go to tanda dot com.

I am new and am not really sure how to post photos???

J
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
hi im using red light therapy and was wondering has anyone suffered from nerve senations in their skin since using it like a tingling sensations or does anyone have this and finds this is helped by using light therapy, Im in alot of pain with this nerve sensations on my cheek and just making sure the light therapy isnt making it worse.

Really be grateful for any replies on this
Thanks Sarah
johnnavic
5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Sarah, the tingling is normal. The red light stimulates the fibroblasts that produce proteins in the skin (collagen and elastins) as well as increasing your blood circulation... a very healthy and natural way to deliver Oxygen and nutrients to the skin.

What device are you using can I ask. How are you liking the results?

Just loving the Tanda unit.

By the way, the information comes from the Tända Manual as well as some research I did on the web on red light treatments. (633 – 660 nm)

Let me know if you have any other questions. I found a bunch of info on both red and blue light treatments and how they work at a cellular level. Wink

J
johnnavic
5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
You might find the red light will also ease the pain in your cheek. My mother suffered from a stroke 10 years ago and had constant pain because of damage to her nerves in her face. We used a physio light device (MedX) and she had relief for the fist time in 10 years... it was quite amazing. I know they use the MedX Clinical devices in the US at the Extendicare clinics for pain management as well.
Keep me posted.
J
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply.Glad to hear it helped her thats promising. I just cant understand why its all of a sudden started i will carry on using it every night i will keep you updated. Anyone else who has experienced this to help good or bad please do post .

Thank you Sarah
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry missed a few of your questions then well im using an all red lamp 660mn which i brought off the net its a table top one so i can sit infront of it.I dont do it for long ever night have just increased it to 5mins now was doing it 3-4mins before that. Have been using red light since Feb but my old one broke when coming back from my holiday in my suitcase so had to order new one but this seems to be much brighter so thats why im doing it less mins. I did only use my old one for no longer than 8 mins every night did try more but that it seems to suit my skin.

I do have mild rosecea also and was worried about it affecting that and making it worse but fingers crossed it will help. It definely helps with the puffiness i get in my face just want to wait longer before giving more of a conlusion on what it helps.

How about you how are you finding the results you get?What skin type do you have?Experienced any side effects from it?Are you using red and blue light then?

Sarah
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |