Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
manon
5% products discount

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have received my Baby Quasar about week ago now. I have been using it everyday so far. I also use it on my legs (age spots) and decolletage. So far it has taken out the redness out of my face and my face looks more even-toned! All my age spots are still there but I guess it is too early for that (used it 5 times). Anybody else has been able to fade age spots with BQ?

Overall I'm happy with the results so far but hoping for more improvement. Very Happy
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Andee wrote:
self promotion.

Hi Andee -
What is your opinion on these devices following your review of them? The non scientific version, please!!! Very Happy
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your replies guys. Andee, yes, you are right, it is very important to research before purchasing, but I was pretty confident that it was going to be okay. So far ive done 2 treatments, using Green Tea skin cell rejuvenating serum before hand. My skin seems very soft, more supple, and has a slight glow to it, just after 2 treatments. My facial scars seem like they have been filled in a bit, but are still there. I feel as though this machine is working. Results can only get better from here. Im so happy I somehow discovered this LED skin therapy. It really seems like a cool device, and a sure way to improve the appearance of your skin, at any age!

I have a question though.. when you guys are doing your treatments, do you move the wand around your face randomly, or do you set the wand in one spot for 20 seconds, and then move?

Im trying to find out the most affective way to use this device.

THANKS!!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Oh, another thing I wanted to ask about. Are there any health issues or problems reguarding the use of LED therapy? Im talking about over time. I didnt really think it was harmful, but I felt that asking wouldnt hurt. It seems like a safe device. I feel like sometimes, when I am using it, it almost makes me feel tired. Anyone else have similar effects? Not a bad feeling, maybe its just so relaxing that I feel like a nap afterwards? Surprised
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Andee,

Please give us insight into the devices, their comparison.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to give a little update on my experience with my Color Ray Beauty Device. My skin is very soft and supple after about 3-4 treatments. It has a glow to it, and my skin tone seems very evened out. I had a couple little scars in certain places on my face, and those seemed to have diminished, not completely, but well enough. I cant say enough how much I love this device. For 70 dollars (including shipping) its the best thing ive bought for my skin. It also helps any kind of skin serum to penetrate better, aiding in the results. Maybe one day ill upgrade to a Baby Q, but for now, this cheaper device is doin the job!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Glad you are happy with it. Hoping to not sound like a broken record but maybe you can post all reviews of your new gadget on a separate thread as it makes this one even looonnnggggerrrrr, and this is the Baby Q show! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Just wanted to give a little update on my experience with my Color Ray Beauty Device. My skin is very soft and supple after about 3-4 treatments. It has a glow to it, and my skin tone seems very evened out. I had a couple little scars in certain places on my face, and those seemed to have diminished, not completely, but well enough. I cant say enough how much I love this device. For 70 dollars (including shipping) its the best thing ive bought for my skin. It also helps any kind of skin serum to penetrate better, aiding in the results. Maybe one day ill upgrade to a Baby Q, but for now, this cheaper device is doin the job!

It would be a great idea if you started a new thread in DIY regarding the Color Ray. This particular thread was started to discuss the Baby Q. The Color Ray needs a thread of its own so members can easily locate and discuss it. Smile

Thanks,
Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah youre probably right about making a new thread, but I dont think the color ray device is popular enough to have people even interested in it cuz its cheaper. I dunno, I just thought this thread was just about LED therapy is general, sorry. I just wanted to let you know my results with the LED therapy were great.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Yeah youre probably right about making a new thread, but I dont think the color ray device is popular enough to have people even interested in it cuz its cheaper. I dunno, I just thought this thread was just about LED therapy is general, sorry. I just wanted to let you know my results with the LED therapy were great.

I think people would be most interested in a less expensive device Laughing What we pay for beauty. Rolling Eyes

I am happy LED therapy is working for you. I have the Baby Q. I am very pleased with the results I have gotten.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
AJRN
5% products discount

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I know first hand that you do get what you pay for. The Quasar unit is the best investment as far as an anti-aging device I have ever bought!! It takes consistency and dedication to using this. Personally, I use the Quasar SP and would never give it up for anything. It really has given me a more youthful look along with my skin care routine that I use dilligently. I looked at those cheaper models and the power to them are nothing compared to the Quasar--weather you use the Baby or the SP. It's like anything else that we buy--if you do not use it on a consistent basis or do your skin care regimen regularly it will not work. It amazes me how women have bought this and that--don't stick with it and try to mind reason to themselves that it won't work. Even women AND men that have had work done on their face--if they don't stick to a good regimen, all that money has been spent in vain. I have seen much improvement in my eye area (which I had a blephroplasty on both the upper and lower lids)improve tremendously!! I had a terrible experience as which in the 7th month after all the tissue area around the eyes had healed--BOOM!! Skin was not taken care of completely on my upper left eye lid and the bag beneath my left eye not completely gone! I was horrified!! When I came to this site and read up on the Quasar unit--I thought to myself "I have to try something before finding another physician." I am so glad I did. All the time I waste just sitting watching tv or even being on the computer, I could be doing something good for myself--and that I decided to do. The Quasar Baby and SP are great units and are worth the money you spend--I hope this helps those that are sitting here on the fence. Also, your diet and water intake play a big part in your skin being in good shape besides the products that you use. Please do not take this the wrong way but after reading 50 some odd pages of going back and forth on this--I needed to post. I am a registered nurse so sometimes that nurse in me comes out!! With ALL Sincerity!!
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
May I ask which routine you are using and how often with the baby? That is great you have seen some improvement Very Happy
maudgonne

Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Can you use the Baby Quasar at the same time you're using Renova, or is it too much for your skin?
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I use Retin A and the Baby Q 1-2 times a week. I do not put the Retin A on until after I complete the session with the Baby Q. I haven't had any problems with the combination.
maudgonne

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for quick response. (I'm new). I assume you used RetinA first for a while. (what dosage; I'm using .05 tretonin). Any qualitative difference since adding Baby Quasar to program?
maudgonne

Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone on the site has returned their Baby Quasar because it didn't meet their expectations. It shows confidence on the part of Advanced Therapeutics that they offer the 30 day return policy.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I used 0.05% retin A for about 2-3 months before I got my Baby Q so I was well acclimated to it. I think they do different things so they compliment each other. I have been happy with both.
AJRN
5% products discount

Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum, I use the Quasar SP. I started with the Baby and then traded it in for the SP. I use it 2-3 times a week, every 3 to 4 days. I use it according to the instructions that James sent me and at the end of the 2 passes I concentrate on my areas of concern and then immediately apply my serums and creams. I just use it on a clean face and it works fine.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
This is my third time of using it and I have been doing it once a week and am firstly unsure of whether to put it over your complete eyelid (the light just seems so bright even through closed eyes) and I have been doing the first pass on high frequency (instructions say high freqency for the third time use), moving every 20 secs then second pass on third mode and then concentrating on the problem areas. I apply HA before hand and copper peptides about 10 mins before (this is with the baby) does this sound about right or should I do it twice a week.
thank you
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry forgot to ask (not thinking this morning I threw all my cigarettes in the bin in an attempt to give up smoking Shock )
About applying Retin A afterwards is there a reason for this? I have always deliberatly not put it on when I am using the baby, if I could put it on after that would be great.
mariepop
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
AJRN, you have bought the Baby Q and the SP after having your blephroplasty, my question is: Knowing what you know now, would you have gone under surgery? I have droopy eyelids, always look tired. I'm so affraid of the result if I go under surgery. I don't have Babey Q, yet, Does baby Q improve droopy eyelids? Since when are you using the the Baby Q and the SP? your comment will be very much appreciated!
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
MardyBum - I have always used Retin A after the Baby Q with no problem. I don't use anything on my skin when I do the Baby Q treatment itself. I don't remember reading anything in this very long thread about not being able to use both.
AJRN
5% products discount

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Mariepop,

I probably would have still had the surgery because the left eye was so bad and it got to the point that the creams and serums were not helping but I must say the Quasar SP has helped tremendously PLUS I changed skin care brand and what I am using is far more effective now. The important part of using the Quasar around the eye lid is that I concentrate on the brow area, pull up slightly beneath the brow as I apply the unit and then at the end of my 2 passes I go back and use the cone in that same area and then immediately apply my eye serums. It really aids in absorption of the serums and creams. All I can tell you at this point that it does not hurt to get the Baby Quasar and try it for yourself. There is a guarentee to return it with full refund in 30 days. Also, if your skin is that bad you WILL see noticeable results all over as compared to a younger person who's skin may be more elastic than a mature person's skin. HTH!!
mariepop
5% products discount

Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
thanks AJRN I'm also curious about what skin care brand are you using?
AJRN
5% products discount

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mariepop!!

I am using Elysee from HSN and really like it alot! They will be on in Aug. Here is the schedule and you can watch when you have a chance. I will not be available till Monday evening so if you want to know more about it please visit their web site. Also here is their schedule if you want to tune in. You can even read up on their products in the mean time at their Elysee site. I post under the name pinkcoral. My picture is my avitar. Cool

All shows listed in Eastern Time:

Sunday, August 5th
11 p.m. (40 minutes)

Monday, August 6th
6 a.m. (1 hour)
11 a.m. (40 minutes)
7 p.m. (40 minutes)

Tuesday, August 7th
7 a.m. (20 minutes)
6 p.m. (30 minutes)

Hope you'll be able to join us!

Exciting News - more shows have been added
Wednesday, August 8th
9 am (30 minutes)
3 pm (30 minutes)
9 pm (30 minutes)

Hope to hear from you soon!! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |