Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think Katee is around anymore. Wish she was! Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
diaan46,

I think the Quasar and other devices are better for improving skin tone, preventing breakouts, etc. For sagging, I would go with a microcurrent device like the Nuface or facial exercises like FlexEffect, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Everybody! What's the difference in NuFace and Dermawand? I have the Dermawand. Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
diaan46,

I think the Quasar and other devices are better for improving skin tone, preventing breakouts, etc. For sagging, I would go with a microcurrent device like the Nuface or facial exercises like FlexEffect, etc.

I definitely agree with that, but would also add that the LED's also work on lines and wrinkles. This is my experience anyway.

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
diaan46
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all you ladies, butt I have send the baby back a week a go,.....yes luna that's what I have discovered also. It's a great device for mostly skin color it really gives a glow for a few hours.

And the skin looks more healthy, but maybe I have tho go for a nu-face. the dermawand is also not my thing for sagging, you will not believe but I have 4 off those tings(brand new)........well I wait for the refund and will see from there.
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:46 am      Reply with quote
but those of you who gave up ...how long did you use yours for? It takes months to produce collagen.......I wasnt sure if mine was really working and I do have fine lines but my skin doesnt seem as dry and I think the biggest difference is that under my eyes it seems more flattened somehow..(less shallow there)..and the slight sagging has seems like its kind of 'stopped'...I really dont want to stop using the baby q...even if I do get another device I think that benefits of the baby q are greater than expensive face creams...have been using the baby for 6 weeks now.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
It takes 3 cycles or 3 months for new collagen growth and can continue up to 18 months, that's what my derm told me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:55 am      Reply with quote
well it could be, butt I wash In my trial period of 60 days, and have tho make a decision.

am wan of those unfortunelly girls with maybe a slow skin ?
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
what do you guys think of bq for late 20's, is this okey?
Brenda Z
5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to try a Light device but dont even know were to start or what to get. I am leaning towards the baby q but the dermawand is only $99 on amazon right now down from $145 and has some good reviews. Baby Q has one review from Peter the president/ceo if Baby Q. So does anyone have any advice?? I have started to get chicken skin on my neck from sun damage and am only 28 years old but would like to start early in my skin care plan as I have spent lots of time when I was younger in tanning booths and in the sun. Any suggestions on a device???Thanks, Brenda Very Happy
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
It takes 3 cycles or 3 months for new collagen growth and can continue up to 18 months, that's what my derm told me.

there you go! so we shouldnt give up so soon!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Brenda Z, I have both Dermawand and DPL. I like them both. My understanding is they do different things. $99 for the Dermawand is a good deal. I would go for it. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
To Brenda z

I got my Quasar SP August 07, and it said to avoid the thyroid area, so I believe it's the same with Baby Q, just be careful if you get one. I cannot use it on my neck becauce the few times I did, it gave me a sore throat, and it seems I'm the only one who that happened, is there any one else?

I will have been happy to show the before and after pix after 6 months of using it but it didn't do a thing for me at all, not for my fine lines, not for my rosacia, and I called Alex the first month to make sure I was using properly and he gave me good instructions on how to use it and the only thing it does for me is I have a very dry skin and dry skin makes the skin looks older. At first I started to use hyaluronic acid lotion that came with SP and after a SP "session" I put emu oil, even with emu oil my skin got so dry, so the last 3 months I use hyaluronic after every 3 or 4 times of SP and Emu oil before going to bed. Before I got SP my skin was oily.

I will follow AnnieR's derm advice, 18 months for collagen growth. I'm still hoping to see a change by using it twice a week! Thanks AnnieR for your info
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
HI, Mariepop, I applaud your stick-to-it determination. I hope you see some positive results soon. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
So I bit the bullet and bought the BabyQ. I was a little surprised to when I recieved the package though.

For such an expensive product, it was packed in a cardboard box with some sponge in it. I thought I did remember some members mentioning a protective hard case as well as goggles that came with the babyQ?

Could anyone who's bought a babyQ recently share on how your babyQ's packaged? Crying or Very sad
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Diann
I have started having trouble with my BabyQ lately with the red and orange modes shutting themselves off completely. It only works in the green mode now.
I have contacted the BabyQ ppl and waiting to hear if they will replace it, since it's only exactly one year old this month!
Course, I've used it 2-4X/wk consistently for one whole year! I love mine!
Let me know how well their CS handled your problem!
fawniexxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie-mine had done the same thing around the 10-11 month time period and they replaced it.
Ambien-I have had 2 baby Q's and an SP and they all came in a hard plastic case. That was one of my favorite parts.
Mariepop-The Quasar was way too drying on my skin, which is why I went back to the Baby. Still, I now only use it no more than once a week or every other week, because this time of year even that is too drying.
I really just use it to dry up a spot or plump up my skin when it feels like it needs some extra oomph and the results do reverse themselves after several days. It's never replaced the need for a yearly IPL for my rosacea or the Cool Touch Laser. It's just LEDS, and those don't have the capability to do what a laser can do so I can't expect the same results. It is thrilling when I hear people say that they have had more productive results. I just haven't seen that after 2 years of consistent use on my skin. For me it's just a maintenance toy and nothing else , but I still use it faithfully. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Ambien wrote:
So I bit the bullet and bought the BabyQ. I was a little surprised to when I recieved the package though.

For such an expensive product, it was packed in a cardboard box with some sponge in it. I thought I did remember some members mentioning a protective hard case as well as goggles that came with the babyQ?

Could anyone who's bought a babyQ recently share on how your babyQ's packaged? Crying or Very sad

I was a little upset about that too and contacted the company. They said that they no longer include the hard case but that it is available for purchase, around $20, I think.
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks brenpatsa! Its a pity about the packaging though. The cheap cardboard box that its sold with it really unbecoming for a touted "professional" product with a matching price on the high side. Hmm, wonder how much more can the cost of producing a box be...

IMO it would have been better if AT could have offered the option to add the box at a nominal price during point of purchase. Guess the $20 you mentioned for the box is before additional handling and shipping charges too? Confused

Sigh, its just too bad that I purchased the product late at a higher price too...

Oh wells, hopefully the product would work so great that I'd forget all about the packaging soon! *fingers crossed Wink
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

"Since the LEDs in The Litebook® produce light with a peak in the effective wavelengths of 465 nms...",

So.....I am wondering if I could use it to treat my breakouts??? :

For what it's worth, recalled reading somewhere that effective elimination of acne bacteria is between 405-420nm. Given that it's such a short specific range, it does seem like a long shot. But hey, since you have it why not? Razz

Any luck/ updates so far?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes AnnieR!
I did speak to Peter the President of QuasarPro and he said he is going to replace my BabyQ since it is still within the 1yr warranty period. Great CS!
I have to trust that it is helping me build collagen, cuz who can see it happening? What I am most impressed with about it is the pain/inflammation/healing benefits I have gotten. Using it for fresh burns, sprains/strains, arthritis pain, bruising, kinks and such, I really do notice an immediate relief.
NASA actually tested LED therapy for burns and the studies showed improvement. It is on the website still I believe. Not saying that BabyQ is equal to the type tested in the studies, but it is interesting, no?
And no, I'm not a shill for BabyQ! But I do love it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
It's good to hear that they will be replacing it fawnie!

Just wondering though, it'd be quite sad if we should be expecting our babyQ to breakdown within a year when used consistently! Sad

While it gives opportunity for great CS, it doesnt speak very well of the quality of the product does it?! Shock

Perhaps I am just being paranoid, but I don't want to be without my babyQ!

AnnieR/ fawnie, do you gals think it's just a coincidence? Any other gals had their babyQ break down on them (with regular use) within a year too?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I hope it's just coincidence! I probably just overwork mine. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I hope it's just coincidence! I probably just overwork mine. Laughing

I certainly hope so AnnieR! Very Happy

Btw, did you get a new warranty with the replacement set? Say yes please!! Otherwise, what happens (*touchwood) if the replacement unit breaksdown again? Shock
CTYankeegirl
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I've been using the DPL Light for about three weeks and the only difference I've noticed is that my skin seems less oily. I'd love to hear from other DPL users for updates on their progress (or lack of). I guess I'm up in the air about spending that much money and possibly not seeing results..
Thanks!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |