Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
KarlaH

Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
OMG!!!!!! I just got my powerpack and HELLLLOOOO, I just took a pregnancy test, and Im pregnant.

Im happy but I think I wont be able to use the baby q now... OR WILL I??

Anyone have any info??

The Baby Quasar website says check with your doctor if you're pregnant. Some doctors say, "No" to everything so you never know if it is really safe or they just say, "No" so they don't get sued.
Laura222
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Baby Quasars are on sale on Gilt Groupe today. The Power Pack is going for $498, blue for $350 and red for $250.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Laura222 wrote:
Baby Quasars are on sale on Gilt Groupe today. The Power Pack is going for $498, blue for $350 and red for $250.

Is this for real? The pricing seems to be backwards if its true. I checked out the Gilt Groupe. It is a members only fashion site. Doesn't look like the kind of place to buy Baby Quasars though.

Just wondering. I'd join if I could buy the red light for $250!
Laura222
5% products discount

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Gilt is legit, it's "members only" but you can join if someone invites you. I have bought lots of clothing from them and have never had a problem.

Until recently Gilt sold high-end clothing, jewelry and shoes but expanded into skincare this summer. I've seen high-end spa lines for sale there lately. The sales only last for 36 hrs since they sell a limited # of products. It looks like the Baby Quasars sold out really quickly but maybe they'll sell them again? They tend to repeat brands that sell well.
Here's an Chicago Tribune article.
If you message me I can invite you to be a member since I'm one already. You can also sign up for their waiting list.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
After seeing this posting I joined Gilt Group. No one sponsored me. I got a message that I was on the waitlist, and a few hours later, another message that I had been accepted. So, yet another online bargain shoppers' paradise!
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm very curious about the extent of improvement that those of you who have used the Baby Quasar for awhile have seen. . .

After scanning the gazillion pages on this thread it seems that there are a wide range of results.

Can anyone provide an update on the long term results that you've experienced?

Thanks!

Sue

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Very Curious about this gadget!! I really wanna know for those who have used it or still using it... how's the result and what kind of changes can be seen so far?? Thanks Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I've used since the thread was first introduced. The results for me have not been worth the time I have had to put in. I still bring it out every once and a while but it does more shelf sitting than anything. As I am about to move I am thinking of putting it up on ebay and don't feel like dragging it with me. I have been on the fence about it though.
I bring it back out every now and then when I feel guilty about it and use it. I still am using it and have always at the protocol and amount of days suggested, now it is just for maintenance.
I just can't say it does anything other than a little plumping up and temporary skin tone evening up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I have had my BQ three months now. At first I used it regularly and saw an immediate improvement. I started doing Ageless at the same time, and now have added FE exercises. And I've cut back on the BQ, maybe twice a week, but it's hard to tell if it's doing anything. How do you know?!?

So I am also wondering where to go from here. I am not ready to get rid of it but I'm also wondering if I may only need a refresher once a quarter or something. If I were getting LED treatments at a salon, I would expect to have a series of 4 or 6 and then a break of 6 mos or a year before needing the next treatment.

I've been lazy and haven't done any research (other than this board) so don't have a clue.
jamyr

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am new and based on what I had read, bought the babyq. I am losing weight and am 55. I used to smoke a lot and have thyroid and pituitaryissues, so looking young is way of. I also have acne from meds. I have the blue light Tanda which made a ton of age spots show up and now the babyq red. I also bought Nutriface abouta month ago. The one week of babyq has made a huge difference. I am trying on sagging stomach and legs and upper arms. If any of that works on the rest of my body like it did on my neck, I will be thrilled. By the way, I am Jamy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does it work on acne pitted scars?
jamyr

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am on week one, so not sure, but as far as I know deep potmark scars have to be sanded or cut out, but my whole face is smoother

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Is Quasar better than Perricone?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I have thought about truing the Perricine myself. I would love to hear feedback.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I got my baby quasar(s) today and I used the blue liht first because I have horomonal breakouts and I get a cystic pimple a few times a year due to my very oily and sensitive skin. I also have fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. I have some discoloration from old acne scars, a few very small pit marks. I am hoping for some improvement in these problems. I am currently using retin a micro at night along with Obagi C Clarifying serum in the morning.
I am going to come back and update my results every few weeks. I would also love to hear more from others. I am curious about results. There are so many mixed reports here. To some this device is so fabulous and practically usless to others??
I almost forgot to mention that after my first use, my skin really, I mean really plumped up and looked glowy. My skin also feels sorta warm, like as if I had gotten too much sun.
To be continued....

5% products discount

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
So I have used my Baby Blue and my Baby red and I wanted to share.
So far I have done 2 sessions with red and one with blue.
I really like the device itself. It is well designed and easy to use. The warmth of it is soothing and the process is somehow sort of satisfying, if that makes sense.
The positive results are kinda surprising. My skin looks really plumped and glowy. General redness has gone down a bit. It almost seems like my face has had a very slight "lift". I really wasn't expecting this result and I am very excited about the results in the months to come.
The negative.
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but first I will say I have had problems with hormonal acne since my 20's. I can predict it well because I track my cycle. So...after my first treatment (within 24 hours) I got 3 large cystic type hard acne pimples. This is very unusual because I just started a new cycle and this is when my skin is normally at it's very best. So...these pimples are completely out of the blue...are they caused by Baby Q?
If anyone else can shed light, please share.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe doing 3 treatments in 4 days was too much.. I thought the BQ's were only supposed to be used twice a week.. Confused

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I believe you should only use it twice a week. I would love to use it more as it is so soothing but I was advised not to.
taterbugpbj
5% products discount

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Update on my experience....just to clarify, I am only using my BQ twice a week and I alternate red and blue.

WOW! I am truly shocked at the difference in my skin. My pores have really, really shrunk down. It is amazing. I have very oily, acne prone skin, always had larger pores, and while my breakouts worsened somewhat at first (normal reaction according to the friendly folks who make this product), the acne is getting better and I am just shocked at my pores getting so small.

My skin tone is truly improving. My skin texture is truly improving. I have not seen any improvement in scars (I have a few)...but my nasal folds are less noticeable and fine lines are diminished. Very Happy
In short, my skin looks much younger!!! I have only been using BQ for what?? a month now I think. Truly amazing the results I am seeing. I should mention that I am also using Retin A, but I have used it for years, so it does not make a big impact.
I am very, very happy with my baby q and I can't wait to see how my skin will look with continued use..Simply awesome!
Very Happy

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so I know I'm bumping a pretty old thread but I just purchased the baby quasar power pack. My main concerns are mild-moderate acne, enlarged pores, and fine lines (mainly forehead and nasal).

I know the light only works for 85% of the people (hope I'll be in that 85%) so some may have returned it. But I'm wondering if katee (the OP) and the other members who have bought this, still uses this for maintenance regularly?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Katee is no longer here.
I use mine for maintenance only now, once every week or two.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Annie! Do you think it's still worth the money you spent or is it just another gadget?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:32 am      Reply with quote
pink1e wrote:
Thanks for the reply Annie! Do you think it's still worth the money you spent or is it just another gadget?

Regardless of the product, ie. Baby Q or Omnilux, the amount of research that has proven that at least the red and infra red wavelengths do work, I don't think these devices are just gadgets, the blue wavelength is used in hospitals/clinics/salons to control acne, so again these devices do work and are being used by professionals.

I think the Baby Q is worth the money but I would look at the AALS as there is a deal on at the moment - especially if you are thinking of buying the AALS with the Blue LS.

In my opinion I get better results with the AALS but the Baby Q does work.

Philip

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Philip: I actually did think about the Acne LightStim because it has red, infrared, and blue LEDs combined into one but I wasn't sure if that was effective. Most of the posts are talking about the AALS.

So after reading through the threads, I figured why not get the BQ power pack since it's on sale too. Also, I read Rufus' old thread comparison which tip it to BQ. I got it for ~$484, after cashback so it's a pretty good deal.

I've read that the blue LED should be used everyday to fight bacteria so I may switch to LS if BQ doesn't work out for me. I'm using the red/infrared mostly for preventive measures since I only have a few faint fine lines at the moment. Perhaps the Acne LS is better suited for me because acne is my top priority. Ah~ I'm suffering from buyer's remorse at the moment. >_<

I'll give BQ 6 weeks doing the acne treatment protocol with before & after pictures before deciding if I want to return/switch.
pink1e

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
p.s. I hate the fact that LightStim doesn't offer free shipping. I live in California so I have to pay sales tax too which basically cancels out the 10% discount offered to EDS members.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |