Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Baby Quasar Light Therapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Alex and welcome to the forum....

I started all of this with my RAVE after I bought the Baby Quasar. Thank goodness you're here to answer all these questions. If I don't starting doing some work instead of hanging out here, I'll have the most beautiful skin in the poor house !
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome onboard Alex! =) If you've experienced increased sales over the past 24 hours you know who to look for. Smile

Does the unit your company carry have one that can be used out of the U.S too? It's actually almost 5a.m here and I haven't been able to sleep since reading Kathy's rave about the Baby Quasar (nevermind that this is the first time I've heard of it). And I have to wake up for work in 3 hours; the ironic part being that I work for an aesthetics clinic which has IPL and Thermage and yag lasers but here I am obessing about another machine. Sigh.

Anyway, the international shipping cost is really hefty so I was wondering, is the product very heavy? $55 is alot...

What if one of the LED bulbs blow? Is there a way to change it? Or is it powered by a single bulb? How frequently does the bulb have to be changed if used on a daily basis? I'm pretty sure I'll have more questions but it's late and my brain's not working with my hands anymore so I'll catch ya later.

And kathy, see what you've done? This thread will now be 20 pages long and I'll probably confuse the words IPL with LED at work tomorrow coz of my current sleep-deprived and product-obsessed state. LOL. Just kidding. I am truly glad you took the time to share this wonderful experience with us.
You rock!

thanks so much and talk to ya later!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Alex, you told me the 4 wave lengths for Baby Quasar is between 600nm to 1200nm. Is the wave length strong (short) enough to penetrate human skin? My sis-in-law has a PhD Degree in medical field and she told me 600 ~ 1200nm wave length is not strong enough to penetrate human skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, after this I can't buy anything more! I just purchased the Baby Quasar on Amazon (shipping was like $6.95). I had called the toll free line to inquire about the serum for hyperpigmentation and the gentleman I spoke with was totally awesome. Whilst I'm allergic to the active ingredient in the serum, he was so incredibly helpful and forthcoming, I bought the baby quasar shortly after hanging up with him since I can use it with my current products. I'm totally excited and now going to have to go through my closet to sell some stuff on eBay to make up for this most recent purchase!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Do the serums come with the machine?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I bit the bullet and bought one BIN off of ebay this am as well, lol! (yes, I said yesterday I would wait a month or so, I lied, lol!) Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah-I'm getting mine tommorrow. I just got a shipping notification. Great timing, as I'm having my facial tommorrow afternoon as my other present to myself. I wanted to start it off right by getting fresh clean skin and all the dead skin off.
Lily-On ebay it says it comes with the 2 serums, Ha and one for pigmentation.
Thanks Alex for coming aboard and anws. our questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Gina, you have about as much willpower as I do. Smile
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I could truely be wrong, but I think he left his phone number so everyone can call him with their questions, not sure if hes coming back to answer posts.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yep...I think he left the number so people could call with questions. If he answered them here, although I'd really like it, I think the EDS folks would consider it self promotion or something like that.

MACrisis - according to everything I've read, including extensive studies done by NASA, you're sister in law is wrong. Shock Confused Shock Confused
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can not believe I missed this! I took a brake from the forum for just a few days and look what I have come too LOL Laughing

This device sounds very interesting - thank god I didn't buy the Nuface.

Thanks Katee.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I was directed to this thread yesterday. I hadn't been on to read anything in a couple days.. It's ALL I can think about now...LOL

I have and LOVE my Dermal Tone, and have used it for several years now, but I was about to purchase a Derma Wand.. I think I've 86d that idea, in favor of this! I was hoping to order it at the end of the week, but it may be a couple weeks now..

From what I'm getting out of posts, it seems to me that it might be quiet possibel to give up a few of the things I've been using, such as fauxtox and possibly my eye lift serum.. Is this sounding right to you Katee?

I know my husband will be a true test of it's effects... He is about to the point of needing an eyelift, and from what I see and read on the website, and from what Katee wrote, this could stave that off..

At any rate, I'm intrigued, excited and obsessed by this machine... LOL And with the guarantee, why not!

Thanks Katee, I know from your posts, you aren't one to just rave for nuttin'!!!
tamifaye
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Annie, please post your results. I am anxious to hear feedback from someone close to my age with similar skin issues.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Yup, I SO did not need to read this.. I have my little Facial Flex coming that Winnie raves about, but had ben pondering over NuFace. Now there is somethng different to ponder over.

katee, how long does the treatment take to do? I read the Amazon site and you have to do 2min on each area? It must take about 30min, no?

hey tiger , good news, bad news, the facial flex is great, but only for the lower half of the face and neck. It will do absolutely nothing for ur forhead or eyes, sooooooooooooo don't ya think its sad to be lopsided Wink !! And you can tell hubby its for that one wrinkle he found.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've read the links some of you were kind enough to provide. Since katee and I don't have the same skin type, I think I'm going to wait for more feedback from other purchasers -- so ladies, be sure to let us know how your new Baby Quasars work for you!!!

I'm not entirely skeptical or anything, but as we all know from experience on the forum, what works for some doesn't work for others.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I've been so busy processing orders, getting them in the mail, and responding to the demand that I haven't had enough time to answer any questions here.

Thank you Katee! You've been a great at keeping people informed.

There are a few basics about Advanced Therapeutics Baby Quasar that I should make clear. Most importantly, I should make it understood that the Baby Quasar a personal use device. A full treatment, if used once a week, will take about 1 hour (too long for the busy professional). Granted, Katee is correct in saying that you can wreak the same benefits if you break the protocol up into 2 treatments, half an hour each, twice a week. Clinical studies have shown that it takes about 6 to 8 joules in order to take advantage of light therapies benefits. The Baby Quasar puts out 1.3 joules per cm2. The Quasar SP puts out 2.6 joules per cm2. You will get the same benefits in half the amount of time using the professional model. This is a great device to use while sitting around watching TV or while responding to peoples posts.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
A half hour 2x/week is nothing! I can easily do that catching up Eastenders. Smile
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
We offer an international power supply, at $15, for people who have different power requirements. The Baby Quasar with all it's packaging weighs 5 lbs. The device itself only weights 6 ounces so don't worry Smile You won't be working out while preforming a facial. Anyhow, the $55 cost is often less than what the actual cost to ship the unit overseas. If your interested I will calculate the costs for your specific location before you make payment and charge you accordingly (if it's more than $55 we'll let it slide).

Our Super Luminous LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) have a life expectancy of 10,000 hours. It's very unlikely that you will have any problem with any blowing out. If a bulb does go out during the warranty period we will replace the unit for you at no cost. After the first year we will charge you shipping and labor costs. We have very few issues with LEDs going out.

I should also mention that the Baby Quasar uses both red and infrared LEDs. You will only be able to see the 12 red LEDs light up. Infrared is invisible to the human eye.
fenn wrote:
Welcome onboard Alex! =) If you've experienced increased sales over the past 24 hours you know who to look for. Smile

Does the unit your company carry have one that can be used out of the U.S too? It's actually almost 5a.m here and I haven't been able to sleep since reading Kathy's rave about the Baby Quasar (nevermind that this is the first time I've heard of it). And I have to wake up for work in 3 hours; the ironic part being that I work for an aesthetics clinic which has IPL and Thermage and yag lasers but here I am obessing about another machine. Sigh.

Anyway, the international shipping cost is really hefty so I was wondering, is the product very heavy? $55 is alot...

What if one of the LED bulbs blow? Is there a way to change it? Or is it powered by a single bulb? How frequently does the bulb have to be changed if used on a daily basis? I'm pretty sure I'll have more questions but it's late and my brain's not working with my hands anymore so I'll catch ya later.

And kathy, see what you've done? This thread will now be 20 pages long and I'll probably confuse the words IPL with LED at work tomorrow coz of my current sleep-deprived and product-obsessed state. LOL. Just kidding. I am truly glad you took the time to share this wonderful experience with us.
You rock!

thanks so much and talk to ya later!
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Good question. It is proven that Red/Infrared light (600 ~ 1200 nm) does penetrate the skin. Our red light penetrates the skin about 8mm. Our infrared penetrates about 40mm.
MACrisis wrote:
Hi Alex, you told me the 4 wave lengths for Baby Quasar is between 600nm to 1200nm. Is the wave length strong (short) enough to penetrate human skin? My sis-in-law has a PhD Degree in medical field and she told me 600 ~ 1200nm wave length is not strong enough to penetrate human skin.
Advanced Therapeutics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
The serums only come with the Quasar SP and the Quasar MAX.
lily wrote:
Do the serums come with the machine?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Alex, thank you for the info. Can you please post the ingredient list of your serums? TIA.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there MACrisis

From what I've seen, they don't product the serums they include. I know that the Skin Eternal Hyaluronic Acid serum is the one put out by Source Naturals. I had a bottle that I had picked up at the Whole Foods Market quite awhile ago. At the time, I thought I'd try it to replace the ISC HydraCool serum (I've mentioned before that I'm not crazy about the way the HydraCool feels). As it turned out, it was a poor replacement, so on the shelf it went. I've since adjusted to the HydraCool - I'll never love the way it feels, but I love the results, so I'm capable of compromising Very Happy .

Here are the ingredients, though:

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Vitamin C-Ester (Ascorbyl Palmitate), Biocell Collagen II (10% Hyaluronic Acid), Polyethelene Glycol, Coconut Fragrance, Jasmine Fragrance, Kiwi Fragrance, DMAE, alpha-Lipoic Acid, Simethicone Powder, Aloe Vera, Methylparaben, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Calcium Pantothenate, Coenzyme Q10, Chamomile Flower Extract 4:1, Biotin, and Vitamin D-3.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can hardly wait to hear everyone's results! I will be dreaming of this tonight Very Happy
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Katee!!! Finger is very itching and want to hit the BIN button.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, could you please direct all questions to Alex either via PMs or on the phone please? Feel free to report the information here. TIA

While I can appreciate that you're all curious about this (as am I to be honest, but it's either the Baby Quasar or my house Laughing), this is a difficult situation because we do struggle with advertising and self promotion on here and cannot allow some but treat others as bad.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |