Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

It's official; I had a reaction to PSF Browtox. Ideas?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Well, my forehead has been breaking out annoyingly since I started use Browtox. This is the only place I'm having a reaction so I successfully narrowed it down to this product. I have to say, I'm quite bummed because I like it very well for relaxing my forehead. Darn.

Does anyone have a comment on why I might be having a reaction? Could it be the Argireline?

The ingredients:

Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid Solution (Distilled Water, Sodium Hyaluronate), Propylene Glycol (from Seaweed), Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®), Chondrodendron tomentosum (Curare) Extract Serial Dilution, Alpina officinarum (Galangal Root) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosis (Seaweed) Extract, Saccaromyces Lysate (Yeast Lysate) Extract, Sodium Lactate, Carbomer, Methylpropylparaben

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to add that I've been using it 2x/day (according to recommendations from Darren at PSF) - this is supposed to be for the first month, then 1x/day thereafter.

Think I might be having a reaction due to this, perhaps?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
There are other wrinkle-relaxers available now that don't use argeriline if you think that is the culprit. Relax Plus Vialox uses Vialox as the wrinkle-relaxer and some others use an okra extract to relax muscles. So don't despair, you have choices! Smile

Also, keep in mind that many cannot tolerate seaweed derivative ingredients because of the iodine in the seaweed causing breakouts.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Betterat40, thanks so much for the response! It really helps me drill down to the possible causes. I will have to investigate further - the seaweed/iodine point is quite interesting.

This is such a mine field, huh? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:

Also, keep in mind that many cannot tolerate seaweed derivative ingredients because of the iodine in the seaweed causing breakouts.

betterat40 can you go into a little more detail here? I know all about the debate about oral iodine and acne but was not aware that topical iodine could potentially be a problem. I really want to learn more about this since the mandelic acid that I am using contains seaweed and I have noticed that my acne has gotten a lot worse since I have been using it.

Would you know if algae contains iodine? I just ask because the MaMa Lotion that I had been using prior to the plain mandelic had algae but not seaweed.

scalawaggirl-you are also using the same mandelic as I am but the stronger version. It sure is a mine field trying to figure out what is causing a problem!!!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I did a quick serach on topical iodine and acne and what I read seems to say that it actually may help acne. Topical iodine is used as a antiseptic and I did read that it can be useful in treating acne.

I look forward to hearing more from betterat40 on this though.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
betterat40 can you go into a little more detail here? I know all about the debate about oral iodine and acne but was not aware that topical iodine could potentially be a problem. I really want to learn more about this since the mandelic acid that I am using contains seaweed and I have noticed that my acne has gotten a lot worse since I have been using it.

Would you know if algae contains iodine? I just ask because the MaMa Lotion that I had been using prior to the plain mandelic had algae but not seaweed.

scalawaggirl-you are also using the same mandelic as I am but the stronger version. It sure is a mine field trying to figure out what is causing a problem!!!

Hey, TheresaL. I'm using Vivant primarily, the 15%. I have and do use Kathleen's 15% special GOW blend, as well - think that's the one you're referring to and just checked, it does have seaweed, too. Hmm. I did not have breakouts with this or Vivant - that I just read has PG, too! So, by process of elimination (should've already thought of this), it does not seem to be either the seaweed or PG!! That leaves the Argireline or something else I'm not catching. Maybe it just doesn't agree with my skin.

My issue definitely started w/the use of Browtox so I'm certain it's a reaction to either another ingredient or the Argireline. Thankfully, the spots are already clearing up thanks to my friend, emu oil (special smooch for you, emu, my buddy).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to look it up. I heard/read that a long time ago and have kept an eye out for iodine-rich foods and just assumed that topically it would be just as bad. It's true that iodine used to be used as an antiseptic on cuts/scratches when I was a kid but don't know if acne could be aggravated by it or not....
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 26, 2024 1:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml) Blinc  Original Tubing Mascara - Black (5 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |