Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - I would definitely buy the AAlightstim and would highly recommend it. I've only had it for 3 months and have seen a large improvement! DiPhx : Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx and KrisKringle, what type of improvement have you seen? What is better about your skin using this? Thanks in advance!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I bought the AAlightstim from Steve on Thursday. According to Steve, he has been using the Lightstim on only one side of his face (very similar to Mr. C. of Cellex-c). Wish he would post his pictures on his website!! Will post my results after 30 days.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DiPhx and KrisKringle, what type of improvement have you seen? What is better about your skin using this? Thanks in advance!

In my experience it did the following:

Skin like velvet (this happened very quickly)
Skin clarity (after 1 month I didn't need foundation)
Skin firmed up (at about the 3 month mark)
Jawline tighter (since 3rd month, and still improving)
Freckles (about the 4 month mark, they started fading, and most are gone altogether now)
Sun damaged neck + decolletage' (this is responding in the last month also)
Softened some wrinkles, mainly the nasolabial lines, and 3 fairly deep lines on my forehead.
Hands look amazing. They are plump, smooth and young looking. (This started to happen after a few weeks, and keeps improving.

What it didn't do:

I have a lot of crows feet, bags + creepiness around my eyes. It has softened it to where it looks nicer, but it hasn't erased anything there.

I also have vertical lines above my lips from years of smoking, and it hasn't helped them either, except they aren't as apparent.

What I do:
I'm just finishing up my 5th month of use. I use it two or three times a week for about an hour each time.

I followed kassyA's advice in another thread, and also started using vitamin c serum before some treatments. It was after I did that, that the freckles started disappearing, and things just started happening quickly.

Hope that helps.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Kris,
This is a great review from several aspects. It sounds like you have great results plus you are very clear in the results you have see and what you haven't seen. It certainly sounds like it is time and money well spent....
Toby
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kris Kringle. Those results sound wonderful. I am a little disappointed that you did not see anything happen with your vertical lip lines, as this is one of my main areas of concern! I especially liked to hear about the firming up and the freckles. Thanks so much for your reply!
insearchof
5% products discount

Sat May 31, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Kris did you make your own serum or did you go with a product that already contains the Vit C?
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
insearchof wrote:
Kris did you make your own serum or did you go with a product that already contains the Vit C?

I'm not having good luck lately with vitamin c, and have ordered what I need to make my own, based on a couple of recipe's I saw here.

I have used Skinceuticals c, e and ferulic in the past and it's great, but much too expensive. (BTW, it's highly recommended in the "New Science of Skincare" book, Cellex C also). Anyway, I'm going to make my own version from here on.

I ordered Cellbones, C 23 + Glycolic C after reading good reviews here, and was horrified to find them both looking like pee-pee when I opened them. They also smell very alcoholy, and at this point I'm just not going to use them on my face. I did use it on legs and arms without any ill effect so far.

I've also used Jason's vitamin c cream in the past and liked that as well. Now it's time to move onto the DIY stuff. No more $115. C's for me!

Also rileygirl, my lip lines are really very deep, so it would need much more than a few lights to reverse that.. Sad

Toby, it really was money well spent. Usually we spend enormous amounts of money, and are left with empty promises. I really was surprised when I didn't need to use the warranty to send it back. I fully expected that to be the case. I'm very happy with it.. Very Happy

Krista
insearchof
5% products discount

Sat May 31, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the product reviews Krista. Very Happy Were you able to find one website to purchase both the Glycerin/Glycol & Lysorbic Acid to save on shipping?
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Skinactives this time, and the shipping was a flat rate of $6.

http://www.skinactives.com/products/productlist1.htm

I've since checked out Garden of Widsom and The Personal Formulater, and will probably pick and choose next time after I've had time to compare the lot.
insearchof
5% products discount

Sat May 31, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Please do post how you like your own DIY Vit C. That's going to be my next "add on" to my beauty routine. Very Happy
ccboyd123

Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use any creams with the lightstim? I just got mine today.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
ccboyd123 wrote:

I don't use anything, but I do wash my face prior to using my AALS.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
ccboyd123 wrote:

The most important thing in my opinion is to cleanse and exfoliate before using the light. As far as creams/actives etc.. I found the best results while alternating.. In other words sometimes with, and sometimes without.

Everything you need to know can be found throughout this and many threads. I've put some info here as well;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

Good luck!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, did you use your aals everyday when you first got it? How long on each region of the face?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Kassy, did you use your aals everyday when you first got it? How long on each region of the face?

At first 4 or 5 times per week, for 3 minutes per 4 inch section.

Now, 7 months later, 2 times per week, 2 minutes per spot.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ccboyd123

Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Why does it say not to use it on your thyroid?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I know it says not at your thyroid. I have thyroid issues. I don't even know where that is. I think it is in your neck. Anyone?
ccboyd123

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I also have hypo thyroid and i can not find any info. on why you can not use the LS. over that area. And yes it is in your neck. Anybody out there that can help?

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I also have hypo thyroid and i can not find any info. on why you can not use the LS. over that area. And yes it is in your neck. Anybody out there that can help?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I know it says not at your thyroid. I have thyroid issues. I don't even know where that is. I think it is in your neck. Anyone?

ccboyd123 wrote:

The thyroid is located in the lower mid-line of the neck.

It's best to avoid it because it's not known definitively, if LED treatments 'may' hinder it's performance one way or the other. (So far no ill effects have been noted that I'm aware of.)

It's the same principle as use directly over the eye, it's not known to cause damage, but why take that chance?

It's just best to err on the side of caution and avoid those areas.

ccboyd123

Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Good morning to all. How long after your treatment can you put on make up?

5% products discount

Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I do my treatments at night so I don't put on makeup until the following morning.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
ccboyd123 wrote:
Good morning to all. How long after your treatment can you put on make up?

There isn't any down time associated with LED therapy in my experience.

You can do anything you want immediately following your treatment.

ccboyd123

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy you have been a great help. I have used it four times now and so has my DH. I can see a change in his skin but not mine yet.I will keep it up every day for a mo.and then back off to three times a week.I just feel good about this and am waiting for fresh skin.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |