Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lightstim LED Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
The AALS doesn't get more than moderately warm, so that should be okay.. My advise is to treat for 2 minutes to start on each area of your face, and see how that goes..

In my opinion you have the hardest issues to correct, (red + brown spots, freckles) so you need to know it will take a long time, and the freckles might only get lighter, but still remain.. (That will have to do with how dilligent you are about protecting yourself physically from the sun!)

Take a look at this Rosacea LightStim thread for some good info that will benefit you;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32096

And the Anti-Aging LightStim thread, which should help you know what to expect or not;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

Are you sure you are buying the Anti-Aging LightStim and not the Original?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lindylass
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Steve has a special where you can buy both the AALS and the Rosacea for $575. Click on "specials." I know that isn't cheap. But I think that the AALS alone has anti-inflammatory effects; I'm using it for my ezcema, and it's very helpful if you can't afford both. It's reduced the redness and the patches.
lindylass
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
I bought the microfiber cloth from NCN but it feels like a wash cloth. I don't get it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:
Kassy,
I bought the microfiber cloth from NCN but it feels like a wash cloth. I don't get it.

You'll get it after using it a few times.. Very Happy

I get it very hot, wrung out well, then just buff little sections at a time, all around my face, neck and decollete'.. I use it morning and night.

You'll see a nicer skin, because it removes the dead skin cells.

When I first started with Retin-A, this is what took care of the flakes everyday.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I took the plunge and ordered the AALS and the Acne LS using the website Special offer. I still break-out at 54 yrs old (post surgical menopause) so I needed both. Cannot wait for them to arrive! I was able to justify both because my 19 yr old son has very bad acne on his face and back. At least that is what I am going to tell Hubby IF he should be interested enough to ask.
lindylass
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent! I'm curious how the specialty light stims work. Keep us posted. Thanks Kassy, it was just different from what I expected. I try it the way you suggested.
lindylass
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Kassy, I tried it the way you suggested. Yeah, it got rid of all the flakes and it isn't harsh at all.
happycat01
5% products discount

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy for replying.

I am sure I am buying the AALS, I specifically asked the seller and she confirmed. She also advised me on how to use it to get best results.

Steve has emailed back and he says that the AALS would probably be the better choice, as it is a long term investment and it will also help with the redness. This is my main issue right now, although my husband says I am making it a bigger issue than it actually is.

For the past 6 years I have used sunscreen religiously, but the sun damage occured before that. It seems to be fading in the winter, but as soon as the warm weather comes, the brown spots are more visible.

I am looking forward to receiving the AALS.
arym
5% products discount

Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello girls,

It's been a while since I've sent a post, but I do keep up my reading as I always learn so much
about what works and what to avoid.

I've purchased a pro-light platinum recently and a Tuo Viso. It's too soon for me to see any results but I am excited about future possibilities.

I have an unusual request. Has anyone had any experience using an LED light to help heal a broken bone? After I purchased my led I broke my right arm in a bad fall. At the time I was in contact with Rita Page at pro-light who has been extremely helpful to me. She has suggested the LED sport light as a tool to promote faster healing. Does anyone have any information or stories about the use of LED on healing broken bones?

I am eager for any helpful suggestions for a quicker recovery from this disabling injury.

Thanks

Arym
girltwocb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
arym wrote:
Hello girls,

It's been a while since I've sent a post, but I do keep up my reading as I always learn so much
about what works and what to avoid.

I've purchased a pro-light platinum recently and a Tuo Viso. It's too soon for me to see any results but I am excited about future possibilities.

I have an unusual request. Has anyone had any experience using an LED light to help heal a broken bone? After I purchased my led I broke my right arm in a bad fall. At the time I was in contact with Rita Page at pro-light who has been extremely helpful to me. She has suggested the LED sport light as a tool to promote faster healing. Does anyone have any information or stories about the use of LED on healing broken bones?

I am eager for any helpful suggestions for a quicker recovery from this disabling injury.

Thanks

Arym

I have first hand experience with using infrared/red LEDs since 2001. I've used them on bruises, sprains, post car-wreck elbows (man played GOLF the very next day- used it on him about an hour) etc etc etc. Mine pulses and helps heal just about any area of the body. Make sure you are using infrared for penetration.

HTH
Christine

Licensed Esthetician 19+ years - Specializing in microcurrent facial toning, NeoGenesis Skincare, Jade Microcurrent (Pro Use), Clareblend Mini (Home use) https://ChristineByer.com • www.youtube.com/user/christinebyer/videos
arym
5% products discount

Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Christine for your reply. I was using the LED light three times a day until I found out six weeks after my accident that my injuries were more severe than I was first told. The doctors discovered I also had a dislocated and fractured shoulder which required surgery. I have a metal plate and screws in my arm and shoulder. Needless to say I have been in considerable pain for over two months now. Since my surgery four weeks ago I have not used the light. I'm not sure if I should.

Again, thank you for your reply. I do think it helped some with the contusions and swelling.

Arym
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
how long does LightStim last? I read the website but can't find any information on it. Thank you

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
how long does LightStim last? I read the website but can't find any information on it. Thank you

I'll put it this way, you can leave it to your grandkids when your dead and gone... (100,000 hours!)

snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
thanks Kassy_A =)

Love your answer! hehe, my colleagues were wondering why i suddenly burst out laughing!

I read part of this thread and the results seems amazing.

Does anyone know what happens when we stop using it? Will our face slowly go back to what it was or will we look older than before using this?

The reason why I am asking is that SKII/SK2 skincare is known to give great results. However, once a person stops using it, the skin will not only go back to what it was before using the product, but worse! I get worried when a product is super effective Razz

many thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
thanks Kassy_A =)

Love your answer! hehe, my colleagues were wondering why i suddenly burst out laughing!

I read part of this thread and the results seems amazing.

Does anyone know what happens when we stop using it? Will our face slowly go back to what it was or will we look older than before using this?

The reason why I am asking is that SKII/SK2 skincare is known to give great results. However, once a person stops using it, the skin will not only go back to what it was before using the product, but worse! I get worried when a product is super effective Razz

many thanks

In a nutshell, this has been my experience throughout 20 months of LED use..

- From the 1st treatment I saw positive skin changes. My neck was most responsive, and seemed to transform to youthfulness very quickly.

- Throughout the next 12 weeks things got better + better.

- From the 12th week I saw significant tightening of my lower face + jawline.. (I presume this was when enough new collagen/elastin was produced to make a difference.) I also find that I don't see *further* tightening at this point, but at this age I am happy to be holding off the sag.

- When I slack off for weeks, I start to get that *tired* look. I find that I can maintain the positive changes at this point with 1 or 2 times per week use. (Sometimes that is easier said than done though, and I am lucky to use it twice per month.. Crying or Very sad )

- So it's an ongoing committment, with ebs + flows all along the way.. I've had a period or 2 when I felt I reached a plateau, and then all of a sudden I'd see a really nice, healthy, glowy tighter look again..

Just an FYI for those who haven't purchased an LED yet, but I've been hearing great things about the "Omni-Lux LED" ... It has everything needed for anti-aging, and the flush mounted diodes are proving to be a very good thing.. Wink

Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Just an FYI for those who haven't purchased an LED yet, but I've been hearing great things about the "Omni-Lux LED" ... It has everything needed for anti-aging, and the flush mounted diodes are proving to be a very good thing.. Wink

Hi Kassy_A,

I just recently joined this forum as a member but have been a long time reader of your posts.
I like the fact that you are straight forward in your comments and think you definitely have an entertaining voice and a talent to inspire people. Thanks for that! You are a wonderfull person! I always wanted to say that to you.

Having that said … I am eager to know if you have anything else to share on the Omnilux.

Thanks,

Jimm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Jimm wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Hi Kassy_A,

I just recently joined this forum as a member but have been a long time reader of your posts.
I like the fact that you are straight forward in your comments and think you definitely have an entertaining voice and a talent to inspire people. Thanks for that! You are a wonderfull person! I always wanted to say that to you.

Having that said … I am eager to know if you have anything else to share on the Omnilux.

Thanks,

Jimm

Ahhh, that's very sweet of you Jimm, thank you..

I haven't personally used the 'Omnilux', but I heard through the grapevine, from those with a vested interest in LED's, that the 'Omnilux' is doing great in some "private" studies that are going on. There are also double blind studies on the net.. Here's one;

http://www.phototherapeutics.co.uk/downloads/Journal%20of%20Photochemistry%20and%20Photobiology%20B%20Biology.pdf

It's also the only LED for at home use that has FDA approval..(So, they actually shelled out the big bucks, which is a step above the rest.)

For now, I'm still sticking with my AALS, for the simple reason it still has *all* the best wavelengths, power + unobstructed skin contact available so far in 1 device.. If Omnilux adds amber to the mix, than I would probably order one for sure. (But mixing 3 different colors in 1 unit, is very expensive and complicated, so I'm not holding my breath.) I believe LightStim is the only one to do that so far!

Hopefully whoever decides to try the Omnilux, will share their reviews here at EDS..

snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

- When I slack off for weeks, I start to get that *tired* look. I find that I can maintain the positive changes at this point with 1 or 2 times per week use. (Sometimes that is easier said than done though, and I am lucky to use it twice per month.. Crying or Very sad )

Kassy_A, thanks for answering my questions =)

Do you think your "tired" look was similar to your face before LED or worse?

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Kassy_A, thanks for answering my questions =)

Do you think your "tired" look was similar to your face before LED or worse?

Thanks

That's a very good question, but I'm not quite sure I can give you an either or answer..

I'll have to explain it like this.. My skin itself looks better now, even when I'm sick, tired, or haven't used the LED, than it looked before using the LED. It's always smooth as silk, perfectly clear + eventoned now.. I also never had such a healthy, moist, glow like this in my life. (I can hold my own in a photo with my grandkids, without a stitch of makeup, and the skin looks the same as theirs, honest to Gawd, x my (Gotta give some credit to my C serum use here also, which I believe is the 1, 2 punch.)

On the other hand, with 2 more years of aging under my belt, the "tired" look I refer to, is related more to a slacker jaw/lower face, that really shows when I'm ill, stressed or have had several sleepless nights in a row.. I also notice that my face looks thinner, and looses that nice plumpness when neglect etc.. takes over.

So skin is always looking awesome, but neglect, insomnia or illness shows itself with increased looseness/sag.. (Luckily I'm still responding positively, when things get back to normal.)

Hope that helped a little..

snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
It's always smooth as silk, perfectly clear + eventoned now.. I also never had such a healthy, moist, glow like this in my life. (I can hold my own in a photo with my grandkids, without a stitch of makeup, and the skin looks the same as theirs, honest to Gawd, x my (Gotta give some credit to my C serum use here also, which I believe is the 1, 2 punch.)

thank you

i was just worried that if we stop, our skin will not only go back to what it was before but worse! That has been the case for many sk2 users in asia.

hold your own with your grandkids? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share your tip on how to do that?! i look at my niece skin and drool daily Razz

perhaps i better pm you instead as this may get off topic.

thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I've answered your PM Snowstar.. And asked you a few questions..

Just want to say to everyone, (in case it isn't clear from my postings), that LED treatments are a great addition, to a total skincare regime. So just one part of the bigger picture..

Also keep in mind that the aging process continues on no matter what we do, but slowing it to a crawl is an attainable goal to achieve.

We are all very lucky to have found EDS, which makes it possible to narrow down the search of what actually works for the majority.. (Nothing is 100% across the board, but the good stuff is always apparent I think.)

Also, look into facial cupping with the small face Vaculifter.. I'm amazed by this wonderful little gadget.. I believe that good circulation + skin turnover is the 1st all important step to healthy, pretty skin, and this little gadget (plus a microfiber cloth used regularly) really fits the bill!

Check it out here (learning video available also);

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/2139.html

And here's a recent thread on it;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=30322

vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe all the marvelous info I've read on here. I just purchased the AALS. I can't wait to receive it. I've gotten lazy with my beauty regime. I was using the Nuskin device but it is messy and gives me little bumps. I think I need to tweak something concerning using it...I know I won't be lazy with the AALS Very Happy
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
can the lightstim help fade red marks and even out the skintone?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have the original LightStim. Actually it was the second generation but still the original. Has anyone compared that one to the newer Anti Aging one? Sorry if this was already asked.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
I have the original LightStim. Actually it was the second generation but still the original. Has anyone compared that one to the newer Anti Aging one? Sorry if this was already asked.

Hi stranger!

I have both, and find the AALS has given the most benefit to my skin. I seem to get a synergistic affect from the red/infrared/amber being combined in one light. (And yes, I tested an amber(590)/infrared LED back to back with a red/infrared LED, and all it did was take twice as much of my time.)

Here's my honest thoughts; If you are having decent results with the OLS, than you could expect to double those results with the AALS.. (The specific amber/orange/red/infrared wavelengths, offered in the AALS, can't be beat (so far!), in my opinion..

Is it a magic wand? I'd say it's kind of *magical*, as at home tools go, but it won't perform any *miracles*..

If you are looking for collagen building, the AALS can't be beat in my opinion, and based on my personal experience. (The magic is in the amber/orange zone which will be clear to all one of these years! Wink )

If you decide to upgrade, be sure to call or write an email to Steve or Joniann 1st.. They are always willing to give a good discount.. They also have "show prices" still in effect, till the end of July, based on the newsletter I received last week.. (I don't remember the price, but they were very cheap!)

Hope that helps!

System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |