Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I think ill wait and see if their new device is going to be more user friendly. I cant really decide between the two at the moment.

The facial flex seems to have alot more feedback to it. There's quite a few positive results on folica.

Catski do you find the facial flex works the upper cheeks as well? Thanks Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:08 am      Reply with quote
yes catski, i'm also interested to know whether the facial flex exercises the upper areas of the face as well. that's the reason i chose the flex away over the facial flex, because the reviews i read mainly said the facial flex just helps with the jaw and chin.

actually i don't find the flexaway painful to use, it's just a bit of a learning curve at the beginning. now i don't even need to use the lubricant and find it easy and convenient. Very Happy
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:52 am      Reply with quote
hehe i couldnt help laughing at these people using the flexeffect
http://www.random-good-stuff.com/2007/05/11/flex-your-wrinkles-away/ Laughing

ive just been to the flexaway site. They have a new homepage but the gadget looks the same.Im guessing the new one still isnt available?

Check out the guy on the homepage - his face even seems longer!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
had a look at the new flex away site and the guy on the homepage - wow his results are incredible!

well, a short review of my results, i have been using the flex away for about a month, and am really liking it so far! i have used it consistently twice a day (only missed two sessions so far because I was away) for about 60 reps per session. i found the band a bit loose after a while and e-mailed beverly and she said to just tie knots in it. it would be good if they can have bands with graduating tightness levels like facial flex but i guess it's more economical this way!

i hate having my photos taken so i didn't take any before photos, sadly, so i can't do a really scientific comparison (haha) but from what i observe in the mirror this is what i've found.

my sagging double chin has definitely firmed up, there is still a small pouch under there, but it's much smaller and firmer. i feel like my eyebrows have lifted a bit and my sagging chubby cheeks have slightly firmed up. I normally hate tying my hair up in a bun because i feel my face doesn't have definition (hope i'm making sense) in terms of sharp cheekbones etc but i did it today and i actually look well, not so bad!! Very Happy i'm looking forward to the 3 month mark now!

to those starting out, it will get easier after a while. in the beginning i was doing the reps too slowly and taking my time, i hardly felt a thing but i think, from experience, you need to do the reps quite rapidly , then you will feel some fatigue at about 50-60 reps.

hth!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey great review. Thanks. THis is on my to-do list. I'm trying to decide between the facial flex and the flex-effect so your review is appreciated. I agree about the bands with graduating tightness levels - like weight -lifting for your face.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
hi sister sweets, glad to be of help. before purchasing flex away i also read up about flex effect and almost bought facial flex off e-bay. i did not go for flex effect, because i know i will fall off the wagon at some point, i'm the type that really need some kind of gadget to help push me along when it comes to exercising. for facial flex i was scared off by some people who said it gave them lines around the lips (mouth to nose lines).
so far with flex away i have not faced any problems.

plus they have a 90 day money back guarantee so there's some peace of mind.

hope some other facial exercisers will chime in with their experiences!!
Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:

ive just been to the flexaway site. They have a new homepage but the gadget looks the same.Im guessing the new one still isnt available?

Carol, you meant people using Flex-away, right? Which guy on the homepage? There were a few guys on the before and after page.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
hi sister sweets, glad to be of help. before purchasing flex away i also read up about flex effect and almost bought facial flex off e-bay. i did not go for flex effect, because i know i will fall off the wagon at some point, i'm the type that really need some kind of gadget to help push me along when it comes to exercising. for facial flex i was scared off by some people who said it gave them lines around the lips (mouth to nose lines).
so far with flex away i have not faced any problems.

plus they have a 90 day money back guarantee so there's some peace of mind.

hope some other facial exercisers will chime in with their experiences!!
Very Happy

Hi Cahoot,
How much is the system? How often do you have to do this, and for how long per session? Does it hurt badly? (I meant if the mouthpiece hurts the inside of your mouth badly.)

I have sad looking eye on one side that makes me look tired. Do you think the system will help? I think if the corners of my eyes are more lifted that sad look will go away. So will the Flex-away help with that?

Thank you.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bira
I believe it's $49, and I remember also buying 6 months' supply of the bands for 9.95 or something like that.

You have to do it a minimum of twice per day for like a year, and then once per day for maintenance after that. It's only supposed to take a minute per session - in the beginning it will take longer as you acclimatize yourself but I think the aim is to do 50-60 reps per minute. If it gets too easy you can tighten the band by tying a knot in it. For the first couple of times using it, there was some discomfort because I wasn't doing it properly. I didn't even know how to insert it at first! Laughing But you will get the hang of it, and it will get easier as time goes on. I don't find it a chore at all, I do it in the bathroom, after brushing my teeth in the morning and right before I shower at night.

I believe this has helped me lift my eyebrows but I can't say whether everyone using it will have the same results. You are supposed to lift your eyebrows when doing the exercises, and according to Beverly, to squeeze your lips upwards to get a vertical lift. (I'm aiming to get razor sharp cheekbones at the end of all this, haha!)

My suggestion is to give it a try, there's a 90 day money back guarantee so if it doesn't work you can send it back. Good luck! Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

Carol, you meant people using Flex-away, right? Which guy on the homepage? There were a few guys on the before and after page.

Sorry flexaway i meant. Last time i looked there was just the one guys piccy on the homepage. Im still waiting for their supposed new user friendly version to come out. No point buying the old one went something new is meant to be coming out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Cahoot! I'm still researching on this facial exercises topic.

I found this article on WebMd. I wonder what everyone thinks about this quote:

Quote:
When Exercise Won't Help Your Skin

Our experts agree that facial exercises, movements designed specifically to tone the muscles of the face, aren't likely to help your skin. Often done with progressive resistance devices held in the mouth or with "beauty calisthenics" using specific movements of the facial muscles, the effects are temporary at best, doctors say.

"While you are stimulating the muscle with the exercise it will twitch and tighten, but it won't last. When the muscles sag in your face it's directly related to gravity. You could tighten it all you want and it's not going to have any permanent effect," says Goldberg.

Kunin agrees: "It's not the muscles on the face that keep skin taut, it's the fat content underneath the skin that keeps your face looking young. You cannot sculpt a cheek bone like you build a bicep."

Also, Kunin warns that facial exercises might just cause you to develop more lines and creases in your face or enhance those that are already there from overusing the facial muscles.

"Forget facial exercises and just exercise your whole body. That's when you'll see some pretty spectacular changes in the way your face looks and feels," says Kunin.

Here's the first page of the article:
http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/guide/exercise-your-body-your-skin
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
UGH! It's because of an article that said "dont bother oiling your belly when you're pregnant, it wont make any difference" that I have deep stretchmarks to contend with, on my abdomen. Crying or Very sad

It angers me now to see/hear strongly expressed opinions from people who HAVENT actually been through/done what they are opinionated about!

If I want to find out about what facial ex's can do, I'll listen to those who have actually done them!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Yeah you're always going to get your sceptics. I dont take much notice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Just to update but Flex away are sending out their new version now. Im going to get one.

I find it a bit strange they havent mentioned a new version on their site though?? Nor adjusted the pics.

However Beverley said any orders from now on will be getting sent the new one's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:47 am      Reply with quote
ooh, Carol, very interested to hear your review of that when you're ready.

I've been doing my facial ex's every day, and am thrilled with the results. I bought a DVD : "The Tal Reinhart: Facial Workout - Because the Muscles Don't End at the Neck" - and I've learned the ex's and do them either when watching tv or in bed/in the bath... they are tightening up my eye area really well, also my brow.
BTW, for those of you that are interested, I have a couple of links that a learned friend in these matters passed onto me, which answers some doubting queries about facial ex's -

http://www.oralift.com/Default.htm

and this doc, which is well researched by a medical (dental) professional.
http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v192/n3/pdf/4801324a.pdf

It seems exercise not only improves muscle, but also skin and even bone!!!

Many thanks to learned friend for passing on that information!

Please keep us posted, Carol. I'm convinced that excercising the face is the most powerful way of looking at least ten years younger.. saves a lot of money on potions and lotions, too!
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am loving, just lovin' these facial exercises. No machines for me, just kissing the selling, sticking my lower lip over my upper, generally making myself look like a moron. My lifetime double chin is going away already and it's been not even two weeks (though I am generally responsive to muscle building)
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Just to update but Flex away are sending out their new version now. Im going to get one.

I find it a bit strange they havent mentioned a new version on their site though?? Nor adjusted the pics.

However Beverley said any orders from now on will be getting sent the new one's.

Hi Carol,
Do you know what improvement the new version has over the old one? Does it go in your mouth more easily and hurt less?
Thank you.
Bkk
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cahoot and everyone. I'm going to get the new flexaway... and Catski - I'll be curious to see how things go with the book.

Thanks all.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

Hi Carol,
Do you know what improvement the new version has over the old one? Does it go in your mouth more easily and hurt less?Thank you.
Bkk

I dont know sorry. All i know is its meant to be more user friendly...so im assuming it should be smaller. Hopefully, as i have a small mouth Laughing

Catski i will report back - im in Australia so it may take a few weeks to get to me though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets, good luck!! and hopefully flex-away will work great for you too! Smile

carol, i'm also wondering how the new version differs from the old one. i was thinking of buying a spare one, so i think i might e-mail beverly and ask.

i'm still using mine, quite faithfully for me! i do occassionally skip a session here or there when i'm rushed for time, but i would say my commitment rate is about 90% so far!! Laughing i met an old friend yesterday and she said i don't look that much different from our university days, and since that was oh 14-15 years ago, i'm very happy! not sure whether she's just beeing nice tho, but i'll take whatever compliments i can get!! Cool
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
cahootwhen you get a reply from Beverley can you let us know?

Thanks Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I jusr put my order through Very Happy I hope i like it as it was uite pricey all up with the international shipping.

Spent some of my birthday money on it Smile Guess its just the chance we take with these things Wink

For reference i dont have skin sagging really, maybe a little around the mouth. But ive noticed my cheek bones arent as defined as they used to be. Plus im after prevention, i want the muscles not to sag in the first place.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:26 am      Reply with quote
hi carol
i've already e-mailed beverly, will update when i get her reply

hope you get your flex-away soon, please let us know how you get on! Smile
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
hi i've received a reply from beverly, she's very prompt indeed with her replies.

i'll just paste what she's written:

The new version separates you jaws further which helps ease the marionette lines from corners of lips toward jaw. It is shorter so that people with smaller mouths can use it comfortably. It also has a smoother pull.

i have a small mouth, so this might be good for me! though the original version to me is not too bad in that respect. looks like i'll have to get the new version as well as soon as I have enough money!!
Very Happy
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cahoot for letting us know Very Happy

Im the same as you with a small mouth - looking at the pic of the other version i wondered if id even fit it in my mouth!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |