Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Do you do Facial Exercises?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sean - Most of us know FE is the program that you endorse and that you function as a trainer for FE. Obviously you've done FE exercises for several years.

It would be awesome if you could share your results - as in before and after pics! Cool I know you advocate doing this. And even if cropped you would have many intersted parties, I'm sure. Hoping you will consider. Thanks.

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Sure Eva's a pro too and I think her facial muscles also look great considering her age, and in real life I think she looks even better. With FlexEffect it is a great workout (even the 14 exercises on the dvd - and they are mixed level). There is a new one in the making and am sure when thats available there will be a thread on EDS at some point mentioning it.
RuthMarion wrote:
Has anyone checked in with regards to Eva Fraser? Her method seems more gentle for this scaredy cat!
Anyway, I have a silly Embarassed question. If I download Ageless if you Dare, does it stay in my computer or do I need to print it? Computers & I have a love/hate relationship. If I need to print out something it could take forever whereas if I could view it on line then I could sit at my desk & exercise whilst at my computer. FlexEffect on dvd isn't as great as I thought it would be. This really works, right?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention that I had seen only one women in real life with a fantastic wrinkle-free skin at 60+ - completely devoid of wrinkles with firm and naturally taught face. Her name is Pratima (she is the owner of TEJ salon in Manhattan), and she not only practices Ayurveda, but she does daily massage with oils and daily facial exercises.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Sean - Most of us know FE is the program that you endorse and that you function as a trainer for FE. Obviously you've done FE exercises for several years.

It would be awesome if you could share your results - as in before and after pics! Cool I know you advocate doing this. And even if cropped you would have many intersted parties, I'm sure. Hoping you will consider. Thanks.

Shouldn't they be on the Flex Effect site? I'll head over there and come back with the link for everyone.

Editing to Add:
Sorry, Sean - I was trying to save you some time, but I couldn't find any before and afters for you. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma,
Do you know what kind of daily facial exercises Pratima does..and/or how long she has been doing them?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Sean - Most of us know FE is the program that you endorse and that you function as a trainer for FE.

Sean, this is something that should probably be added to your signature line, like LL and Claudia have done. That way everything is right out in the open.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sis and Mpstat

were you able to do all Carol's side to side neck exercises the first time you tried. I really have such a hard time with them(when I keep my chin up as she demonstrates)...although i can really feel my muscles working and do enjoy the intense challenge...

...and i'm wondering what other's experiences were/are

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Sigma,
Do you know what kind of daily facial exercises Pratima does..and/or how long she has been doing them?

Great question...that was the first thing I thought of when I read that post!

Though the last thing I need is more info, lol. But since seeing results, I have just become so intrigued with this. Embarassed

I currently own:
- Facial Flex (tool)
- Flex Away (tool - the WORST ever for small mouths, and known for HORRID customer service)
- FlexEffect (program)
- Ageless (program)
- Eva Fraser (program)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
Has anyone checked in with regards to Eva Fraser? Her method seems more gentle for this scaredy cat!

Ruth, I have Eva Fraser's book....it is beautifully written and illustrated, and covers a variety of topics. It is indeed more "gentle"...she does not believe in massage, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Frasers-Facial-Workout-Penguin-fitness/dp/0140147136/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234853048&sr=8-1

I think it all comes down to what kind of results you want to see, and how quickly you want to see them. But you also have to do what feels right to YOU.

Let me read it again, and I'll post a detailed review for you.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:30 am      Reply with quote
Flexeffect and facial exs question. I went through all before/after pictures again and wanted to ask what happened here:
http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter7.htm
You can see Shelly got rid of NL/chin lines but developed huge lines on her cheeks, I don't see them on "before" picture.
and here, Kay has two pretty big lines "after" instead of one she had "before"?
http://www.flexeffect.com/KayBA.htm
why did it happen? I would love to avoid these "side effects?", not criticizing anything. Thanks
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
Flexeffect and facial exs question. I went through all before/after pictures again and wanted to ask what happened here:
You can see Shelly got rid of NL/chin lines but developed huge lines on her cheeks, I don't see them on "before" picture.
why did it happen? I would love to avoid these "side effects?", not criticizing anything. Thanks

That's the "worse before it gets better stage", that everyone is always winging about.. Have you had a look at the FE forum?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Sistersweets, actually I started facial exercises before I had an issues to worry over, so my before photos and my recent ones look identical unfortunately and wouldn't be of any use to you or anyone else, and besides my current photo receives enough attacks already, and I rather not put myself in the firing range of others. Seeing already how people are talking about Carole Maggio, its not something that I think is either fair or am wanting to support.
sister sweets wrote:

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Sure Eva's a pro too and I think her facial muscles also look great considering her age, and in real life I think she looks even better. With FlexEffect it is a great workout (even the 14 exercises on the dvd - and they are mixed level). There is a new one in the making and am sure when thats available there will be a thread on EDS at some point mentioning it.
RuthMarion wrote:
Anyway, I have a silly Embarassed question. If I download Ageless if you Dare, does it stay in my computer or do I need to print it? Computers & I have a love/hate relationship. If I need to print out something it could take forever whereas if I could view it on line then I could sit at my desk & exercise whilst at my computer. FlexEffect on dvd isn't as great as I thought it would be. This really works, right?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:11 am      Reply with quote
You might want to actually pose that question to Kay on the FE forum, as she visits there still and can update you. It might not be though something she was concerned over, and she may have had different areas she wanted to focus on with facial exercise.

I suspect that both Kay and Shelley have already got very different faces in comparison to those two photos.

Many other programs don't have forums in which awkward stages can be reported, and awkward stages as such is a label often misused to describe when some muscles start responding and the surrounding weaker ones don't. Its not a permanent stage by any account.
baldabek2000 wrote:
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:41 am      Reply with quote
thank you Sean, I am actually reading FE forum right now and trying to find Kay there, no luck, found Loulou though, just finished reading awkward stages... I didn't think it was going to be so bad, I though that your current wrinkle could get a bit worse before getting better, but she developed a very big new one. I am going to buy FE as well (later), NL lines are my main concern and Ageless should be great for that, I am loving it, but you're right, it's coming up short in some exs, it's like doing leg exs and not (or rarely) exercising the rest of your body. I am doing an extra eye (lower lid as well), forehead, chin/neck exercises daily in addition to ageless.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Her forum name is kayell2651B, and she does post there regularly so you may be able to do a search under her username or just PM her on that forum.

The awkward stages is such a misused term, seriously, and there are lots of threads with that kind of title and they all are mixtures of things where muscles have developed and maybe overbuilt, or weaker muscles are not responding at all, or the skin hasn't responded (and that one made me laugh as the person never massaged despite being told to several times in that same thread) and people like to dramatise things...... so awkward phase is one which they do like to sing and dance about, where in effect its a transition along the way.

Wrinkles do sometimes get worse before they get better. Look at things like Retin A and Cps, they open up and remove the damaged tissue first..... so even if you avoided facial training and just went to a derm, its likely that the wrinkles would also there get worse before they get better. I have yet to find a quick fix that works for everyone as yet..... but if you find out you will have to promise to let us all know!

I do and have supported Ageless throughout, and Loulou and I go way back, we were trainers at the same time! You might not even need FlexEffect, but you might find after doing Loulou's for some time, your wanting to learn a little more or experiment and then you can look to FlexEffect if you wish.
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I use retin a and it greatly improved my nose to mouth lines, but I do believe only retin a or anything topical is not enough, it might be good for skin but it does nothing to firm muscles.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Although I am a FE trainer, I am not against other programs...... thats a misconception that many people are making, as they are all of benefit to different people, but its true I am a teacher of FlexEffect so thanks for the suggestion Bethany, your right, I have updated my profile and the signature should now display that fact.

bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Sean - Most of us know FE is the program that you endorse and that you function as a trainer for FE.

Sean, this is something that should probably be added to your signature line, like LL and Claudia have done. That way everything is right out in the open.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
RuthMarion wrote:

Ruth, I have Eva Fraser's book....it is beautifully written and illustrated, and covers a variety of topics. It is indeed more "gentle"...she does not believe in massage, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Frasers-Facial-Workout-Penguin-fitness/dp/0140147136/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234853048&sr=8-1

I think it all comes down to what kind of results you want to see, and how quickly you want to see them. But you also have to do what feels right to YOU.

Let me read it again, and I'll post a detailed review for you.

Thanks lots. That's very kind of you!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:06 am      Reply with quote
At the very end of Eva's book (in fact from memory she has two and I think this is in both), she does have a kind of massage technique, which isn't aggressive, but is still worth trying, in which you tap in a certain sequence, and then massage the ears, and then stroke the neck and then smooth over the face.... its not an aggressive massage any means, but I don't think its correct to say she doesn't have any massage, as there is kind of a massage technique there. Also its in in her recent dvd (and actually the tapping and kind of sweeping movements although not aggressive, are good for connective tissue) and feels very calming.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
At the very end of Eva's book (in fact from memory she has two and I think this is in both), she does have a kind of massage technique, which isn't aggressive, but is still worth trying, in which you tap in a certain sequence, and then massage the ears, and then stroke the neck and then smooth over the face.... its not an aggressive massage any means, but I don't think its correct to say she doesn't have any massage, as there is kind of a massage technique there. Also its in in her recent dvd (and actually the tapping and kind of sweeping movements although not aggressive, are good for connective tissue) and feels very calming.

Sean, you are correct...that was a poor choice of words on my part. Eva does indeed have some stroking sequences (called massage) that are designed to help increase circulation, as well as the pressure point tapping.

But it is certainly not the aggressive massage as FlexEffect and Ageless have defined it....it is more like something an esthetician would do at the end of a facial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Baldabek,

when i look carefully at Kay in the before photo..it seems like she does have that second line(in front of the line that is apparent)..only it is (almost) totally 'hidden' by the way the sun is shining so strongly on that side of her face (although it looks like it may not be as deep as it..at least looks... in the after photo)..

so I don't think it just appeared from doing the exercises..but may have deepened a bit..at least in the stage of regeneration that she was in at the time..from the exercises. Of course, it may also have deepened..if it did..from other things, too. (i'm wondering if she also lost weight ..if not, the difference in her face is even more totally astounding to me..but if she did..that might account for the deepening of that line..of just the tightening of the tissue around the line might account for the 'appearance' of the line itself looking deeper )

nonetheless..she looks so much more striking..to my eye..in the after photo..deeper line and all..as her face is ..to my eye..so much more toned..and her eyes are amazingly stunning..especially stunning.

i guess.. partially... because to me...deepening of (some) wrinkles isn't necessarily unattractive..(even if it is an unavoidable side effect of facial exercises in more mature skin)...if one's face in general looks more honed ..and interesting.. or striking..which imo Kay's face looks so much more of (and with her eyes in the after photo..even beguiling, mysterious)

not to deny what other's see..but just to add another perspective..as i feel..in an imperfect world..'perfection'..in the way we usually conceive of it.. isn't ever really going to occur..but something more 'alive' and unique may.

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Sis and Mpstat

were you able to do all Carol's side to side neck exercises the first time you tried. I really have such a hard time with them(when I keep my chin up as she demonstrates)...although i can really feel my muscles working and do enjoy the intense challenge...

...and i'm wondering what other's experiences were/are

jasminerosey - I need to go back and look at Facercise book to refresh my memory on her neck exercises. I never was heavy into neck exercises, and currently do a couple of them as a preventive measure. As of today I do not have problems doing floor neck exercise up to 20-25 times. I did not try 30, but can try and see how it goes next time I do this exercise.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Sistersweets, actually I started facial exercises before I had an issues to worry over, so my before photos and my recent ones look identical unfortunately and wouldn't be of any use to you or anyone else, and besides my current photo receives enough attacks already, and I rather not put myself in the firing range of others. Seeing already how people are talking about Carole Maggio, its not something that I think is either fair or am wanting to support.

Sean, I did see your current pic under the FE classes list, and I didn't see any reason why people would be attacking it. I'm not sure how old you are, but your pic looks really young!

As far as people picking at Carole...well, I think that comes with the territory. She is literally wearing her craft every day, and people want to know how it is going to work (and look on them). Her face literally IS her brand. Unfortunately, I think she has made some choices that actually are not helping her "brand"...a very harsh hair color, lipstick that is too bright, etc. She now looks like an older lady that is trying very hard not to look her age.

Deb is in a similar situation from a "wearing her craft" perspective...her face is front and center on virtually every piece of FE material and web page. If she started looking overbuilt, harsh in any way, etc. people would be talking about that too. However, Deb does not look "revised" in any way...people only notice that she looks youthful, and don't start picking her apart. Her program may be a part of that, but I also credit her far more tasteful and youthful choices.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I have seen Sean's pictures/videos as well, and agree that he looks VERY young.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you and thats very sweet of you both to say, but believe it or not, its at the completely other end of the spectrum of comments I have at times received.

I know what you mean re Deb and Caroles face being their calling card, and agree, but I think that the recent comments in this thread directed at Carole are not meant in a fair way and the actual suggestion that she has had a facelift without proof is somewhat intended to tarnish her program, which is what I kind of feel is unfair.

I have met Carole in real life, and although I don't choose to look like her, I can appreciate her program and if it works for people - then I just think there is enough people in the world for all the programs currently out there (and more)..... that there is no need to get to personal comments that are actually intended to be hurtful rather than actually discuss the technique itself.

And Deb I think looks better in real life than her photos show! Claudia too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
I have seen Sean's pictures/videos as well, and agree that he looks VERY young.

Agree - do not understand why Sean's current photo would come under attack????
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |