Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Lori!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Hi all!

I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to read 48 pages. I'm sure my question is answered somewhere in there, but.......

Is the l2k system good for someone with chronically chapped lips? I've tried everything, and they just come back immediately. TIA

hey yogi,
that's what I'm trying it for. I don't care about plumping, I just want by lips to not be horrific dry scaly beasts. I just started a week ago -- I'll try and keep posting if you want to follow my progress. I think ariesextreme was another one who had seriously chronic chapped lips, and I know she was pretty successful, but she hasn't posted in a long time so I don't know how she fared in the long run. So far I am noticing that although they are still peeling like crazy (they were before I started) it's not quite as raw and they are healing faster. But pm me if I forget to post and I'll let you know how it's working.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
HI DianaP - Yes I'm in Canada and the time it takes to get here you'd think we were in Siberia...

Kandis remarked yesterday - what do they put mail on dog caravans!? It's bizarre really but what with Customs and Canada Post involved it's a wonder it gets here at all...
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm so tempted!I have learned something in this subject!
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Oh tempted to try !!!!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone found other lip colors they can use that do not have wax in them? So far I have just been using her colors.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:53 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Just wondering if anyone from Canada has ordered the system? I have been waiting for two weeks now for my system and am wondering how long it has taken for someone else to get theirs. I believe it is stuck in customs. Confused

2 weeks sounds about right. I am in Toronto and I always had to wait fairly long.
I hope you get your stuff soon.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
nubajelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about ordering this system just so my lips get into better shape. Right now, I feel so dependent on chap stick all the time, and my lips are still dry.

I don't wear lipstick, but do like having some glossiness when i go out. can you use the L2K lipgloss when you start the program, or does that set you back?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
the night glaze which is the product you put on last has a gloss finish.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my first package today and really like how it feels on my lips. The gloss is not sticky like all the other glosses I had ever tried, and since I still have alot of natural pink in my lips, it looks like I have a tinted gloss on.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Hi all!

I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to read 48 pages. I'm sure my question is answered somewhere in there, but.......

Is the l2k system good for someone with chronically chapped lips? I've tried everything, and they just come back immediately. TIA

Yes, I had chronically chapped lips and this is the only product that has ever helped me. My lips are now plumped up with moisture and in great condition.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I am soooo happy with this system - I have a horrible cold at the moment and feel yukky, usually my lips suffer really badly when I have a cold - I seem to get dehydrated and my skin looks dull when I have a cold no matter how much I drink water(had a bit of a temp too so that doesn't help!).

Anyway - I have felt too poorly the last couple of nights to do the blowdry thing - I've just taken my makeup off applied Osea APC and fallen into bed - but have still applied the L2K system religiously and NO dry lips AND I have applied the cream to my sore nose and NO redness or peelies!!
YAY!So I may feel horrible but at least I don't look scary!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well, this is an interesting experience that I have had twice so far (in an effort to scientifically recreate the scenario, of course - LOL). Yesterday, I had client meetings all day so opted to wear one of my Guerlain Maxi Shine lipsticks. By the end of the day, it felt like my lips were smothering! They were waxy and dried out - even with my most former-beloved lippie!

The second - I mean it - I removed the lipstick, my lips seemed to relax and inflate. It was like they had a little lipstick straight-jacket on all day. It was the weirdest thing! Laughing

So, these are being donated to my daughter (poor girl) but she's only 22! Has anyone found any other brands of lipstick that are moisturizing enough to wear? I love my Sexy Mama lipgloss but using a lipstick is easier when I'm on the run sometimes so I like the alternative; however, I will no longer force them into a size zero just because the color looks good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Has anyone found any other brands of lipstick that are moisturizing enough to wear? I love my Sexy Mama lipgloss but using a lipstick is easier when I'm on the run sometimes so I like the alternative; however, I will no longer force them into a size zero just because the color looks good.

the Julie Hewitt Bijou range (and, to a lesser extent, the Sheer Noirs). for a fuller cover, i swear by Sisley and is what i wear when i'll be out in the sun to protect my lips (sigh, i can even freckle there). The Sisley might be a bit much for your born-again lips, but you can ease it by putting on a few layers of LC first....

ETA: http://www.juliehewett.net/lips/bijoucollection.htm
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
p.s. your lips *will* get used to it as long as you don't abuse it (like you ever would!) and give them a little extra TLC when you get home. they *do* recover! as an almost daily sinner, i should know....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Scally,
I know exactly what you mean. I put on CK's lip gloss and couldn't get it off fast enough. Love the smell but hate the texture after being used to L2K. I did buy some Lipstick Queen and tried it and it didn't feel smothering but I don't know what it would feel like after hours. Let us know if you find something that works.

kimberly
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
La Vie, I'm now looking into the Julie Hewitt colors and am seriously lemming a red, red, RED! I think I'm going to try the Coco out for a test spin and the ingredients look good, initially. As for getting used to sinning with my old lippies, I just can't! It's like discovering a brand new trick (à la the bedroom) and then going back to boring.

Blues, I'll keep you posted...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
La Vie, I'm now looking into the Julie Hewitt colors and am seriously lemming a red, red, RED! I think I'm going to try the Coco out for a test spin and the ingredients look good, initially. As for getting used to sinning with my old lippies, I just can't! It's like discovering a brand new trick (à la the bedroom) and then going back to boring.

her regular Noirs (like Coco) are gorgeous, but i honestly find them a wee bit drying. i think at this point you'd suffocate, but you'd look gorgeous whilst doing so.... um, can i recommend taking baby steps? if none of the Bijous grab you, perhaps you should get Gem Noir? it's red (really) and the more layers you add, the more pigment. as stunning as Coco would look on you, i think it *would* drive you mad. and Gem is a wonderful spring/summer colour with enough warmth to keep mon petit pumkin happy.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
her regular Noirs (like Coco) are gorgeous, but i honestly find them a wee bit drying. i think at this point you'd suffocate, but you'd look gorgeous whilst doing so.... um, can i recommend taking baby steps? if none of the Bijous grab you, perhaps you should get Gem Noir? it's red (really) and the more layers you add, the more pigment. as stunning as Coco would look on you, i think it *would* drive you mad. and Gem is a wonderful spring/summer colour with enough warmth to keep mon petit pumkin happy.

Well, hell. I already ordered the Coco (baby steps, wah?) but also the Celeste and Biba so atleast I'll have the moisturizing ones. If I like her products, then I will try out the Gem as an everyday option. The Coco looks sooooo pretty, though! Maybe with lip cream underneath???? Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:

Well, hell. I already ordered the Coco (baby steps, wah?) but also the Celeste and Biba so atleast I'll have the moisturizing ones. If I like her products, then I will try out the Gem as an everyday option. The Coco looks sooooo pretty, though! Maybe with lip cream underneath???? Bad Grin

i'll humour you.... lip cream underneath and wear it very sheerly.... but, dammit -- add the Gem Noir to your order NOW!!! nobody ever ever believes me on this until they take the leap of faith and try it themselves -- then they're madly in love. buy the Gem too!!! (hell, i'll even treat. PM me)
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:

i'll humour you.... lip cream underneath and wear it very sheerly.... but, dammit -- add the Gem Noir to your order NOW!!! nobody ever ever believes me on this until they take the leap of faith and try it themselves -- then they're madly in love. buy the Gem too!!! (hell, i'll even treat. PM me)

Ahhh!!! My order's long gone so too late for Gem right now. I wish there was a store nearby that sold her products - my life would be made only slightly easier, if I could get my paws on it quicker. No need to pay but you're a doll for offering - I will keep it on my list of must haves...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Scally - I'll back La Vie on everything she said about JH. Wonderful products! You won't be disappointed!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:32 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Has anyone found any other brands of lipstick that are moisturizing enough to wear? I love my Sexy Mama lipgloss but using a lipstick is easier when I'm on the run sometimes so I like the alternative;

Scalawag;
Does this mean that you no longer use/wear L2K lip colours?
I haven't yet graduated to the point to be able to wear the L2K colours, but was hoping to start soon. I thought your experience with K's colours was positive.
Please tell.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Has anyone found any other brands of lipstick that are moisturizing enough to wear? I love my Sexy Mama lipgloss but using a lipstick is easier when I'm on the run sometimes so I like the alternative;

Scalawag;
Does this mean that you no longer use/wear L2K lip colours?
I haven't yet graduated to the point to be able to wear the L2K colours, but was hoping to start soon. I thought your experience with K's colours was positive.
Please tell.
R. Smile

No, no, didn't mean to make it sound like that. I do still wear the colors, actually! I like them, as well, but also am a makeup junkie and cannot stick to only one option. I like to have others and lipsticks are my downfall. Anyway, way back when I started this, I noted that I eventually intended to wear other lipsticks - the difference is that I can't wear the ones I thought because now it is so obvious how waxy/drying they really are. I shudder to even think of putting on some of my former-beloved MAC colors. OMG, they are matte-city and you'd probably hear me wailing if I tried them again. My daughter will benefit greatly from Mommy's puffed up lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Another update because my lips have entered the puffy phase, apparently. I noticed this immediately after taking off my Guerlain lipstick the other day but the poof-factor remains. Here's a comparison pic with the top pic before starting, the middle is from 19 days ago (at 90 days) and the bottom is from today (at 109 days).

Face pic for comparison:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |