Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for continuing to post your progress Scally. These pics definitely prove to me that L2K works, although I'm not sure I would have the patience to put up with the whole process hmm.
It looks to me that not only are they plumper, but they look wider too, or is that my imagination?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Thanks for continuing to post your progress Scally. These pics definitely prove to me that L2K works, although I'm not sure I would have the patience to put up with the whole process hmm.
It looks to me that not only are they plumper, but they look wider too, or is that my imagination?

They are, actually. It's like they are expanding all over, not just up/down. I tried to be careful and keep the comparisons similarly-sized but it was difficult because they are not the same width as before. Hopefully, the full face displays this (why I included it).

I hear you on the patience but it's not troubling at all - for me, it's habit and I don't even think about it anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Wow - Scally your lips HAVE plumped tremendously. Not only that, but your upper lip is curved up and has such a youthful look. You go girl! I too feel the same way you do about regular lipstick/gloss. I "tried on" one from Jane Iredale the other day that has absolutely no wax in it. It has mostly just oils, but my lips did not feel moist just trying it on. I too, however, wish there were some other options. I feel bad because I keep bugging Kandis to see if she's getting new colors in. Lipstick/gloss has always been my thing. I've been on the program for 9 weeks now and am having some progress. I really want the lines above my lips to disappear, and I believe they will. All things in good time! But, you posting your progess is very inspiring to us all and I wanted to thank you! Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Something I wanted to share with you ladies. I spoke with Kandis about my routine and mentioned that I was exfoliating every day. Oh, and then I tried to step up my routine and was exfoliating AM and PM, along with the blow-dry technique to see more results. Kandis said that this was way too much and to only exfoliate every third day. After I stopped doing this, my lips looked fuller and the lines above them seemed to ease some as well. I just thought I'd mention it as many of you might be doing the same thing as me. Blow-drying after applying the NC and LG was fine twice a day, but skip the exfoliate. She also mentioned to me that the exfoliate is a really good treatment for the whole face - but to use perhaps once a week. Take care ladies!
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait until I have enough $$$$ to buy it!!
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Something I wanted to share with you ladies. I spoke with Kandis about my routine and mentioned that I was exfoliating every day. Oh, and then I tried to step up my routine and was exfoliating AM and PM, along with the blow-dry technique to see more results. Kandis said that this was way too much and to only exfoliate every third day. After I stopped doing this, my lips looked fuller and the lines above them seemed to ease some as well. I just thought I'd mention it as many of you might be doing the same thing as me. Blow-drying after applying the NC and LG was fine twice a day, but skip the exfoliate. She also mentioned to me that the exfoliate is a really good treatment for the whole face - but to use perhaps once a week. Take care ladies!

Kandis gave me the same advice about not exfoliating too often. Her customer service is really amazing that she takes the time to answer questions and really seems to care about her clients making progress and having good results.

I'm nine days into using the system today and my results are mirroring what many of the other users have reported. I went through a phase that felt "leathery", (which was making me want to exfoliate my lips because I was worried that the product wasn't absorbing like it should). After receiving an email from Kandis, I cut back on the exfoliating to every other day, and then my lips peeled (like they were supposed to). I will never have lips like Angelina Jolie, but already my lips are more rosy in color, more defined, a bit plumper, less wrinkled, and "spongier" feeling.

I took a baseline photo before I started and I'm looking forward to posting my 30-day results and a few weeks ....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to figure out what to order color wise from 'lips2kiss'.

I think I will get 'SexyMama' but I am not sure what color system set to order.....Napa Wine, Sonoma Sun, Monterey Mauve, Pacific Pearl??? In the pic it looks like you get two products....what is the white tube?

Thanks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
The white tube is a glaze that is to be worn over the color. Sexy Mama is a gloss and doesn't need a glaze.

Have fun and good luck with your purchase.

kimberly
Marysunshine

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered SM gloss because I'm used to wearing color. My complection is tan/olive and I'm brunette. I'm now checking out the lip color system colors because I need more color. I'm working with Kandis on that now.

Mary
calicomouse

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
I visit often and love all the reviews.I VERY seldom post a reply. Now I feel compelled to share.
I started the lips2kiss ten weeks ago. I have had a LOT of peeling.I found at times I didn't want to go out for dinner because of the dry feeling and peeling.Even smiling was uncomfortable!
I would read over reviews to get hints for help.Thanks for posting ladies!
Several times I was ready to give up and forget it.
A few days ago I thought-WHOA WHOA HEY-my lips feel GOOD! I have a little more plumpness and the color is so nice.
The ultimate compliment? My daughter-in-law commented on my lips. She said my lips looked so soft and moisturized.She did not know I was using the system.
Long story short-don't give up. This really works.To see an improvement at MY age is a real testimony to kiss2kiss system.
Added bonus--thanks to face2flaunt the vertical lines above my lips show improvement as well as my forhead 11 lines.
I look forward to continued improvement.Isn't Kandis a doll? I can't wait to see what she will come with next!!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I really have to say Kandis gives five star customer service. And the product does work. I haven't been consistent about using the system but my lips still show a difference (color depth, lip line definition, upper lip line definitely bigger [where it was most needed]).

Imagine if I was consistent!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
My 90 day Photos.

I have been up for 4 hours this morning and have not yet applied any L2K products at all since 8 PM last night. Nor exfoliated. So the lips here are lips with no "product related plumping"

Disclaimer I always add. I have a dark/medium self tanner on my face, so lips appear lighter then they normally would with my paler more normal skin tone.

All pictures done in my bathroom, same lighting.

Lips are very puffy from the side, and have that "Just Kissed Passionately" look all day long, whether I apply product of not. Which is exactly the look I wanted Smile If I apply lip color, they look even larger and lush.

The pictures which are 2D don't capture that. But my lips are fuller and more lush, and more "puffy". Lip condition is also much nicer, I can go all day with nothing on my lips and they don't feel dry, uncomfortable etc.
I am very happy. Wink

No lip plumper product has ever created this effect on me, and I haave used many, as well as DMAE, Copper, HA topically and orally, etc etc.

So for me this is a benificial product.

Before

Two shots slight different angle. The shadowed effect is how my lips look usually when ever I look in the mirror, because they are sticking out more. The second photo, was with a bit more side lighting, to show more detail on the lips, also a sharper image.

Sorry I am not a Pro Photographer....

90 Day

90 Day
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
wow, tangal, you really CAN see a difference in poofiness. you look great.

I'm glad this thread is still going, I'm at two weeks and peely and gross so I need the encouragement. Every few days I'll wake up with poofy soft lips, but then the peeling starts again and I feel like I'm back to square one. I know two weeks is nothing in the scheme of things, but I long for the day when my lips don't feel like crumpled tissue paper.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Well, I don't know what's happening with my lips! I've been using the system for 4 weeks now and NOTHING has happened. No changes whatsoever. Sometimes in the evening, I can feel tiny blisters on my bottom lip but when I get up next morning, they've gone. I've had no peeling at all, and I try to be as consistent with the products as possible. Is anyone else having the same problem?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Well, I don't know what's happening with my lips! I've been using the system for 4 weeks now and NOTHING has happened. No changes whatsoever. Sometimes in the evening, I can feel tiny blisters on my bottom lip but when I get up next morning, they've gone. I've had no peeling at all, and I try to be as consistent with the products as possible. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Can you describe what you mean by using them as consistently as possible? It might help explain what's happening.

Tangal, excellent update! Congratulations on your new puffy lips!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I had very little visible difference in the first 30 days just "looking" at lips, and only a little peeling on the inside edge of my bottom lip for a few hours to "maybe" a day. This would only be roughly one day a week, and started about the second week i think.
But it was gone by the next. No real "peeling" all over or anything of that type.

This has continued with my lips. (the tiny bit of roughness on inner edge, gone by the next day)

The photos did show more difference, but still not dramatic at all.

I did make a point to always use product every 20-30 minues EVERY day.
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
ScallawagGirl, I mean I am trying to stick to the 20 minute routine. Occasionally, I forget and do it as soon as I remember, but I am usually on target, so this doesn't happen often. Kandis has told me to just have faith and it will happen, but a lot of users are reporting peeling after a few days so I must admit to feeling disheartened. If I could just SEE an improvement, it would help. I am just wondering how much product everyone is using, as I am nearing the end of my second NG, although still using the first LP and LG. I have cut back on exfoliation as well (every 3 days now). TANGAL, it sounds like you started off like me, so seeing your lips now, gives me encouragement.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
ScallawagGirl, I mean I am trying to stick to the 20 minute routine. Occasionally, I forget and do it as soon as I remember, but I am usually on target, so this doesn't happen often. Kandis has told me to just have faith and it will happen, but a lot of users are reporting peeling after a few days so I must admit to feeling disheartened. If I could just SEE an improvement, it would help. I am just wondering how much product everyone is using, as I am nearing the end of my second NG, although still using the first LP and LG. I have cut back on exfoliation as well (every 3 days now). TANGAL, it sounds like you started off like me, so seeing your lips now, gives me encouragement.

also a lot of us that are peeling right away (me) were prone to chapped lips and peeling before we started. The peeling is nothing new to me. I am just impatient for it to stop.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Scally and Tangirl your lips are looking great. Thank you for keeping us updated!

Regarding peeling: Just my bottom lip peeled, it was every other day, I think for the first month. My top lip never peeled, except for a little tiny bit (dead center lip; only on the bottom where it sits on the other lip). My top lip has filled out though, my left corner was never really defined I had to draw my lips there when I wore lipstick. hth

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I just received a message from Kandis. She told me that although I can't see anything happening, my underlying tissues will be working like crazy, so I feel much better now. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't experienced the peeling, at least I know I'm doing it right. If I can get similar results to all you gals I'll be happy.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I'm so tempted!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
Scally and Tangirl your lips are looking great. Thank you for keeping us updated!

Regarding peeling: Just my bottom lip peeled, it was every other day, I think for the first month. My top lip never peeled, except for a little tiny bit (dead center lip; only on the bottom where it sits on the other lip). My top lip has filled out though, my left corner was never really defined I had to draw my lips there when I wore lipstick. hth

this is great news for me, this is EXACTLY what my lips are doing. thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't experienced the peeling, at least I know I'm doing it right. If I can get similar results to all you gals I'll be happy.

I've been pretty faithful to the routine and am now on day 40 and have YET to peel! I wonder if it is because I have the permanent lipcolor ... I haven't contacted Kandis with this question. Those of you with perm. lipstick using L2K: What has your experience been like?

I must say, however, that my lips look great! They are super soft, the lines are less obvious and I'm pretty sure they are plumping up nicely. I'm very satisfied with L2K and would happily recommend it to anyone who wants fuller, healthier lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kittikin,
I had permanent lip liner done. My experience is that area seems to take longer than the other areas of my lip. Kandis told me tatooting is dehydrating to the lips.
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Bluesheart, can you tell if L2K has had any effect on your liner? My lips are done all over, and the L2K seems to have softened (a very good thing) the color and made it more even. I guess this is the result of increased hydration.

I really didn't like the way my lips came out after the tattoo. I have completely changed the way I feel about them now. I love to look at them and love the way they look.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |