Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try to upload my 30-day pictures -- this is my first attempt and when I preview these, my baseline photo comes up HUGE! My apologies as it's not the best comparison. I'm not sure how to correct the sizing issue, and if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate the advice.

Quite honestly, although I know my lips have improved, I'm surprised at the difference between my baseline and 30-day photos.

Image BASELINE

Image 30 DAYS

My lips look and feel best after they've been exfoliated and had their heat treatment -- my 30 day photo was on a non-exfoliation day, but I think they still look pretty good. They still get a bit dry and leathery feeling, so I've got a ways to go, but I think these products have me headed in the right direction ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
cathy_jean,

Sorry but I can't help with the picture sizing but thanks for sharing your pictures. It's hard for me to tell changes in plumping but your lips look much healthier.

Kimberly
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kimberly

Thanks for the encouragement about my lips looking more healthy. My lips feel "spongier" than they did before, if that makes any sense.

I think it's hard to tell as my before shot is so darn grainy because it's so big ... but I do think my top lip is a little bit plumper now. Also, the color is a bit rosier although I am hoping it gets much more so. I never wore lipstick but I think because I am more focused on my lips now that I find them looking a bit washed out.

If L2K takes lips back to their youthful condition ... well, I never had full, plump lips, ever. But my top and bottom lips used to be very symmetrical in size and I'm noticing that my top lip is looking more equal in size to my bottom lip, like it did years ago.

I'll keep on applying my products and I'll post updates at the 60-day mark ... and hopefully by then I'll figure out the secret to sizing the photos! I think it has something to do with Photoshop. All I did was crop my originals so I'm not sure what went wrong. (If I ever do figure it out I'll repost these photos so there's a better comparison.)

-Cathy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Cathy,
The only reason I couldn't tell a difference in lip size was due to the quality of the pics . If you notice a difference, that's good enough for me. Smile

kimberly
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the lip system and started using it on Friday, so only 5 days. Today, I woke up for the 1st time with lips so incredibly soft. For the past several days they have been extremely dry and flaking. Today, I did not have any flakes and my lips were very smooth. Without looking back over 50+ pages, is the flaking/peeling cyclical? So far, so good and I am encouraged by my soft lips!
saladgirl
5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes! But be prepared because the flaky/smooth cycle will continue for a few months. I have been on the system since December (I think) and I still have times where I start to get flaky. (Ha...my friends would tell you I am always flaky).. According to Kandis, this is a good sign because it means the inner tissue is being rejuvenated. I'm not so sure about the science behind this system, but I can tell you it works.

I used to exfoliate twice a day, but since I have cut back to every other day, I think my lips are in even better shape. In the beginning, though, I needed to do it at least every day because the dryness and flakes were so annoying.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Saladgirl! I am trying to follow Kandis and not exfoliate anymore than every 3rd night and so far I have followed that, but I sure felt like picking off the skin! Thanks again for the reply!
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I purchased the lip system and started using it on Friday, so only 5 days. Today, I woke up for the 1st time with lips so incredibly soft. For the past several days they have been extremely dry and flaking. Today, I did not have any flakes and my lips were very smooth. Without looking back over 50+ pages, is the flaking/peeling cyclical? So far, so good and I am encouraged by my soft lips!

Hi rileygirl

The peeling IS cyclical ... so don't be discouraged if you experience more of it. Everytime I peel, I just think of it as taking my lips to a new level ...

-Cathy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Cathy. I won't be discouraged. I am hoping for good things! Very Happy
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Reluctant to ask this, cause of the reponse I previously got on this thread, but hoping for the best.
Anyone know about DMAE in this? And the problems recently written about with DMAE? Anyone know? And what if you put a lot of it on your lips/end up with a lot in your mouth every day.
Is it in there? Do you eat it?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=67643

"Anti-Wrinkle Compound Causes Pathological Reaction In Skin Cells

Main Category: Dermatology News
Article Date: 14 Apr 2007 - 14:00 PDT
Article Also Appears In
Cosmetic Medicine / Plastic Surgery

Researchers from Université Laval's Faculty of Medicine have discovered that a compound commonly used in many antiwrinkle products causes a pathological reaction in skin cells. Guillaume Morissette, Lucie Germain, and François Marceau present their conclusions about the mode of action of this substance - called DMAE - in the latest edition of the British Journal of Dermatology.

DMAE (2-dimethylaminoethanol) is used in many antiwrinkle products dubbed "instant anti-aging face-lifts." This compound, as well as other chemically similar ones, are also found in cosmetics, creams, lipsticks, shampoos, soaps, and baby lotions, although the way they work is not yet understood.

In vitro tests conducted by Dr. Marceau's team revealed that the application of DMAE induces a quick and spectacular swelling of skin cell vacuoles called fibroblasts, which act as reservoirs and interface between the inside and the outside of the cell.

In the hours following the application of DMAE, the researchers observed an important slowing down of cell division - sometimes coming to a complete stop, the inhibition of certain metabolic reactions, and the death of a significant percentage of fibroblasts. The mortality rate of fibroblasts, which varied according to DMAE concentration, was above 25% after 24 hours in the case of a concentration similar to the one resulting from normal use of an antiwrinkle cream. The thickening of the skin induced by the pathological swelling of the fibroblasts would explain the antiwrinkle effect of DMAE, according to the researchers.

"Even though DMAE is similar to medication, there is very little scientific documentation about its pharmacological and toxicological effects," explains Dr. Marceau, who stresses his goal is not to condemn the use of this compound. "We're not saying DMAE is dangerous to people exposed to it, but our results indicate it's time to begin serious research to determine whether or not it poses a health risk."

DMAE is not a unique case in the world of beauty products, continues the researcher. "Several compounds found in cosmetics are just as complex as medication - they are absorbed through the skin, flow through the bloodstream, are expelled by the kidneys, or stocked in cells or even in the liver. Yet, the laws regulating their use are far less restrictive than those regulating drugs," concludes Dr. Marc"
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jakee,
There is no DMAE in L2K.

kimberly
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hi Jakee,
There is no DMAE in L2K.

kimberly

Thank you so much.
Appreicate it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Jakee's post got me thinking. Is DMAE a common ingredient in lip plumping products? I know Candy's Lip Service contains it. Anyone know about the other popular brands? Citylips? Fusion? Just curious.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
Are there any updates on LE, ULLE and other new products from L2K?
I still haven't ordered the new stuff (although I do need help with lines Sad ), as it is a bit pricey for me at this moment.
I was hoping that some of you ladies who have purchased the new system could provide your updates/reviews of ULLE, LE, skin cream and the primer (I think those 4 things are on special now).
Thanks a million!
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I am in love with the ULLE..I have been using it for the fine lines around my eyes..and I noticed results in about 2-3 days. I love the texture (reminds me of shea butter mousse)..and it just sinks right into my skin. I also use it right above my lips. I posted a separate review about 4-5 days ago.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Hi everyone!
Are there any updates on LE, ULLE and other new products from L2K?
I still haven't ordered the new stuff (although I do need help with lines Sad ), as it is a bit pricey for me at this moment.
I was hoping that some of you ladies who have purchased the new system could provide your updates/reviews of ULLE, LE, skin cream and the primer (I think those 4 things are on special now).
Thanks a million!
R. Smile

I love the face cream and I love the LE. As for the ULLE, I think it is taking me longer to see results as I am targeting the wrinkles around my lips and they are deeper, so I expect it is going to take some time before I see any improvement there. With the LE, I saw rapid improvement in improving skin texture and lifting in the upper eye area. I'm also using it on my sun damaged decollete and am just starting to see some results there, too.

The face cream makes my skin really soft and I love that I'm able to use all the products without causing my skin to break out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hey all,

I just accidently found the infamous Lips2Kiss infomercial. I was getting ready to order the ULLE and hit the wrong site after doing a search and obviousley got a Korean site instead. I was suprised to see a link to the infomercial. Just wish I could have understood the dialog. I couldn't find it when I got the right site. Here it is:http://www.l2kiss.com/shop/customer.php Just click on the movie camera to view.

Pat,
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I asked Kandis about this awhile ago. This is not the infomercial she's been working one. The peptide technology hadn't been added when this infomercial was done.

kimberly
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I started questioning what I'd written earlier about the informercial so I went back and searched my emails. Dr. Park is a SK plastic surgeon and Kandis, as owner of L2K gave him the rights to sell her products in South Korea only.

Kimberly
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kimberly,

I was wondering what that was. I thought Kandis looked really good in the video. What do you think of the ULLE? I stopped using the LE above my lip and have been using a retinoid for sensitive skin in that area and am having better results. I can't figure that one out at all. The LE has done such a great job on my upper chest and neck.

Pat,
patrod
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to mention I had an age spot on my chest for years that just peeled off. If that isn't a miracle I don't know what is! It got really dry and flakey and just peeled off, revealing new healthy skin. I have slipped up a few times and have gone to the lake with not very much sunscreen in that area and I just got a regular even-tone tan. I couldn't be happier.

Pat,
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Patrod, good news on that spot!!! I am using the LE on my neck and my hands but not as often. I am not seeing significant results but this is only due to the fact that I don't have anything really to fix anymore - except for two horizontal lines on my neck but I think they are due to dehydration more than anything so I'm watching my water intake. I view the LE as preventative maintenance since my hands do look nicer these days (thanks Mom and Kandis and emu oil). The ULLE I've been using under my eyes and around my lips (also maintenance since I don't have lines yet). The consistency is lovely! I still need to try out the facial primer (keep forgetting) and will let you know on that.

Oh, and as for the base system - it is my holy grail for lip health. I need to take some new comparison pics but they just continue to get healthier and healthier! I will never be without this stuff and God forbid, I ever become homeless because I WILL be on the corner with a sign "Will work for L2K, please help"! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies for your updates. It seems like I should give ULLE (and the rest of the system) a try.

I had to stop using LE as it was breaking me out Sad . I hope ULLE doesn't do that.

As for the L2K system - I too still use it and love it. It's been over 3 months for me now (I think) since I started and I have not applied anything else to my lips since. The thing is that few weeks ago, as my lips started to look and feel better and healthier, it was suddenly much easier for me to forget to re-apply the product regularly. So, for a good couple of weeks I was quite sloppy with application during the day (night blow-dry routine is solid), and I immediately started to see lack of progress. Now, I'm trying to be more careful and re-apply regularly. Hopefully, the progress will continue.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the L2K system for 20 days. I started peeling within 36 hours. I have an extremely small area that is stilling pealing but it is insignificant. My lips feel healthier than they ever have been. I was not a lipstick user and considered my lips in almost perfect condition, boy was I wrong. I have read some viewers say "this can't work unless you slather it on" and that is accurate. But....I haven't ever had gain on anything worth while without pain and 110% attention. Put your time in and you will have reward. I am putting the effort in so my lips are healthy, how they look is secondary. I will post pictures soon.
Babs

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Wooo Babs. I'm glad it's beginning to work on you. I peeled the worst I've ever peeled just two weeks ago and I've been using the products since the end of November. Are you the person who has a child getting married?

Kimberly
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |