Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Thought I would post my week 1 photos with the system....Wow! What a difference already! My lips are definitely less lined and the top is filling out nicely. And with that plumpness I see that the lines that had crossed over my lip border have decreased quite a bit!! Thank goodness for before photos because I would have never thought my upper lines were getting any better....Look how much my bow has filled out on the top lip!! Unbelievable!! This totally makes the L2K worthwhile and I know I will stick to it if this is what I am getting after a weeks use......I have nothing on my lips in the before, but do have the L2K product on in the after and also for the record, I didn't have a chance to Stim yesterday as I just started picking up afternoon shifts and that sometimes plumps my lips the day after....

Before L2K:

After 1 week on L2K:

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:46 am      Reply with quote
These afternoon shifts really stink!!! I have always been a day shift girl anyway...but I have had no time for anything doing PM's, running like crazy all day and too tired to do my beauty regime by the time I get home....

Anyway, noticed something after my LONG afternoon shift.....the hospital I work in is hot and dry. My lips stayed very nice looking all day while I was still using the product..things got a bit crazy towards the second half and I wasn't able to apply much product...by the time I got home, I think that damn hospital sucked all the moisture out of my lips. They looked a bit dehydrated and more lined and felt like crap....not lined as bad as they used to be, but lined worse than they were all day....Just wondering for those that have been using the system for a while, does the less lined look end up staying longer and you don't have to use as much product? While I think my lips have made great progress in a week, I am hoping I can get to a rejuvenation point months down the road where I don't have to apply as much product to keep my lips looking nice. This is the first time that I wasn't able to apply as I should and really want to hear from the girls that have been using this system longer....do you actually get to that point where the need for the products becomes less? I understand that once my lips are rejuvenated, that I will need to maintain them with her products and I certainly have no problem with that as I love the stuff and how my lips have been feeling, but I don't want to have to apply that often forever to keep the lip "look" if you know what I mean.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information!
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Just wondering for those that have been using the system for a while, does the less lined look end up staying longer and you don't have to use as much product?

Hi Bren, I've been using L2K since last August and find that I can keep my lips in good condition without using the product as often. I do the morning and night heat treatments, then alternate T2H and night glaze every hour or two (sometimes longer gaps, but that doesn't help rejuvenation). I can even go as much as 4 - 5 hours without feeling dry, but if I skip a heat treatment, I'll feel dry several hours later so I try not to do that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading and reading abut this line and I am very excited about trying it. One thing confuses me...the L2K website says the program takes 3-4 minutes in the am and 3-4 minutes in the pm but then I am reading here about the need to be applying products every 20-30 minutes all day long! I am confused as to how that statement about the 3-4 minutes, twice a day, can be made? Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks!!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
These afternoon shifts really stink!!! I have always been a day shift girl anyway...but I have had no time for anything doing PM's, running like crazy all day and too tired to do my beauty regime by the time I get home....

Anyway, noticed something after my LONG afternoon shift.....the hospital I work in is hot and dry. My lips stayed very nice looking all day while I was still using the product..things got a bit crazy towards the second half and I wasn't able to apply much product...by the time I got home, I think that damn hospital sucked all the moisture out of my lips. They looked a bit dehydrated and more lined and felt like crap....not lined as bad as they used to be, but lined worse than they were all day....Just wondering for those that have been using the system for a while, does the less lined look end up staying longer and you don't have to use as much product? While I think my lips have made great progress in a week, I am hoping I can get to a rejuvenation point months down the road where I don't have to apply as much product to keep my lips looking nice. This is the first time that I wasn't able to apply as I should and really want to hear from the girls that have been using this system longer....do you actually get to that point where the need for the products becomes less? I understand that once my lips are rejuvenated, that I will need to maintain them with her products and I certainly have no problem with that as I love the stuff and how my lips have been feeling, but I don't want to have to apply that often forever to keep the lip "look" if you know what I mean.....

Bren, I have been using Lips2kiss for about 19 months. The first month, I was applying product every 10 minutes! My lips were sucking the stuff up. Once my lips were rejuvenated, I began using her lip color system for daytime and I only have to apply it like I would any other lip product - after eating, if a few hours go by. It gets better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Very good to know! Thanks ladies Very Happy.... I really do believe in this system and Kandis. What I see in my lips now from a week ago is amazing...I was just uncertain as to what will happen later on down the road after rejuvenation and so relieved to know I wont have to be applying so often. I hear the every 10 minute thing too!! ha ha...my lips are sucking this stuff up quickly and I am nearly done with my NG already!!! Yikes! Maybe I am being a bit too gung ho, but the lips can't seem to get enough at this point...probably due to the sorry state they were in to begin with.

Hey the other Bren! Very Happy.....you have your morning and night regime with the lip products that does take a few minutes and feels great....but, throughout the day once you get done with your AM routine, you have to apply products every half hour. Starting with the LC, LG and the NG....then a half hour later the NG alone...you repeat this for the first week or so all day until your PM routine, then she lists several other combo options to switch to after the first week....It sounds like a lot and yes, it is...but I was applying Chapstick several times an hour most of my life, this just adds a few more steps for me. Seriously though even though it is a bit hard to follow the directions to a T, the outcome I know will be worth it. The results people have gotten are undeniable and even after my first week, I am loving the way my lips are looking and feeling. They feel so much more healthy already and I can't wait to see how they will look and feel after several months. Mine were severely dehydrated to begin with so my lips are really loving her products......it's amazing.

tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I have been reading and reading abut this line and I am very excited about trying it. One thing confuses me...the L2K website says the program takes 3-4 minutes in the am and 3-4 minutes in the pm but then I am reading here about the need to be applying products every 20-30 minutes all day long! I am confused as to how that statement about the 3-4 minutes, twice a day, can be made? Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks!!

Hey Bren, it's true, the first 1-2 weeks require more time commitment, because you have to apply the products more frequently. Think of your lips as a dry, cracked desert. At first, water poured onto it just flows down into the cracks and disappears. But if you keep pouring it, eventually the soil starts to soak it up and soften; at this point, it retains more moisture and doesn't need to be watered continuously. How often you'll need to apply product after the first "flood" depends on the condition of your lips, and Kandis is the best person to consult about that. HTH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I am still peeling...but it is getting better! I woke up this morning and my husband said that my lips look fuller (he didn't know that it was supposed to make lips fuller). I think that I am peeling so much because I used accutane it the past and it really dried out my lips!I was discouraged at first but I will continue using this product and just email Kandis more often for advice.

Off topic--Bren what camera are you using?My pictures that I email Kandis were not as clear as yours! Your lips look great!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Keep sticking to it Allyssa!! I know the peeling royally sucks but it will be worth it in the end. So far I've had just that one bout of peeling & it lasted a day. I haven't peeled again sans a few strays here and there. I just can't believe the difference in my lips already though....and when the guys start noticing something is goin on with your lips then something really must be happening! Ha ha...your hubby noticed yours and I am sure he will be quite pleased one side effect of this system is plumper lips!!! Wink One of my male co-workers I see once a week asked me about my lips today....he knows I am big in to skin care and he just came right out and said to me this morning "Please tell me you did NOT get your lips done!!!" I laughed and told him no that I didn't and he said "Well, they just look bigger"....so then I told him what I was doing and he just rolled his eyes at yet another thing I am doing to my face and said "well it is working!" ha ha....

So the men folk are noticing stuff goin on!! Very cool!! ha ha....

My camera is an Olympus...can't remember exactly what model it is but I have always loved Olympus cameras and stuck to those. I have the micro mode which you can take photos really close up. Most camera's have that mode nowadays so I am sure yours does as well.......

allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
That's funny!When guys notice then it must be working!Thanks for your answer...my camera has the same mode but it is still not clear.

I am not peeling as much but I am still very dry! My lips are severely dehydrated looking (actually just the bottom lip).
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Yes I agree...it seems to be my bottom lip as well that is having the issues (peeling, dryness) although my top lip is dry too. I can really tell when I go too long between applications and the damn hospital is sooooo dehydrating not only on my lips but my body as a whole! I am guzzling water like crazy at work just to try and counteract...of course in the mean time, I am wearing off the product that I just applied from said drinking!!! (I wont for the life of me use a straw....period!!) Laughing

Just a side note...I have had a chance to use the Time2Heal product which is a combo of the 3 (LC, LG and NG) rolled in to one. Can't say I am a big fan of it at this point. Perhaps my lips just aren't in the condition to use it yet but I find I don't like how it makes my lips feel after it has been on for a while. Hard to explain but they almost feel drier. Kind of odd seeing it is merely a combo of the 3 products you use anyway, but I just don't like the way it makes my lips feel.... So I think I will be foregoing the T2H and just use the 3 products separate...I like the feel of them used alone much better, it seems more hydrating to me....

What kind of camera do you have? With mine, you must press the shutter button part way down to get it to focus first. I hear a beep that lets me know it is in focus then I can press it the rest of the way down to take a picture.....

And just an FYI for all those interested and are wondering....Catballou has started another thread specifically aimed at the L2K 3 in 1 hand held and the Ultrasonic offered on the L2K website..... She has both units and I have the 3 in 1 arriving today......

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=3242

zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if ladies using the system could post a few more pics before/after,
however without anything on. Cause you can see some shine on the lips, so that's the system or moisturizer?

How time consuming is the application according to instructions? For someone who doesn't sometimes have time to eat, is that doable?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the system for about 2 months already and my lips have not stopped peeling and I have a feeling that my lips could not go without the products anymore and asked for constant re-application. I got tired of that and bought Valmont Eye and Mouth cream and forgot about peeling and now apply this cream 2-3 times a day, not like Lips system which my lips craved for like every 30 minutes!

I know Kandis says that there are no ingridents that can cause * spam alert * to the products, but my lips simply got addicted and asked for more and more.

I did use olive oil to help with peeling, but then I ended up applying it every hour!

The system is just too tiring and you can get the same results much easier ( for example, with this Valmont cream, even though it's more expensive, but so worth it!)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 am      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Cause you can see some shine on the lips, so that's the system or moisturizer?

That shine you see is the night glaze product, zverenok.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine,

I've looked up Valmont - they are expensive compared to other products, unfortunately there is no listing of ingredients - do you have them on the box that you could list out?
theyoungyvonne
5% products discount

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm it's a bit of a complicated system for lips but it seems like nothing can be done without several steps nowdays! Will definitely consider that after finishing my Philosphy lip scrub (which I just bought) and Murad Soothing Lip treatment.

May be I skipped this while reading the the thread... what does it taste like? I'm addicted to nice flavors on lip products any descriptions on that will be appreciated.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:40 am      Reply with quote
It does seem a bit complicated at first, but I have been on the system 16 days and it has become somewhat second nature to me now and doesn't bother me at all that apply so much. It's a bit tough to apply as often as the system states you should (especially with my occupation in health care) but I am still loving the results. My lips have never felt more healthy and looked this good in years! And when people are asking you if you had your lips done, I take that as a BIG compliment!!! And that was only after 10 days of using it!
No discernible taste to any of the products really. They are very pleasant to use though and even though they all feel great on the lips, the one product I love applying above all others is the Lip Cream.

I honestly feel that no other lip products will give you the results this one does. If you look back in the thread at my photos I posted, you can see how much my upper lip has filled out and the lines that were crossing over my border are nearly gone. A lot of those so called "lip plumper's" are merely temporary and they don't address the health condition of the lips. Also, most of those products that try and address the health of lips contain waxes that in the end, hurt your lips more than helping them.

There are many out there that have stated their lips peeled the whole time using the system and I thought I would be one of those seeing I was a devout chapstick user all my life....but I had that one bout of severe peeling that lasted about a day the second day of using the system and I have not had another bout like that since. I am sure my peeling is not yet over though and I will probably have a few more before I am finished....maybe several! Who knows....

Kandis has a firm believer of her system in me. I will continue to use her products because my lips have never looked or felt this great.

zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else tried Valmont?

I am really hesitant between the two systems - both are expensive, yet one requires constant application which is not something I can handle in my hectic day...
theyoungyvonne
5% products discount

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bren21 for your input. I'll definitely give it a try soon
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
hi bren21
your lips look amazing - and only 1 week?? the faint lines above top lip are so diminished. I bought this product based on the positive experiences people are having - and because i have worn lipstick for 25 years and i have lip lines - i know it's a bit time consuming, but i'll make the time! your pics. are very inspiring. (not to mention the co-worker thinking you had lips done LOL!) haven't received product yet, but i'll check in 4 sure.
moongoddess
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,
After reading the entire very very long thread and all the great testamonials to Kandis's CS, I just felt I had to share my dissappointment. Sad Back in January I filled out the "Contact Us" form on her L2K website asking about product selection, and completely forgot I never received a reply from her until the beginning of March, with many apologies about the Christmas season etc etc.. I didn't really mind at the time as I had forgotten about it as well, and so we exchanged about a dozen or so emails within the first week, at which point she had throughly convinced me to try out her products. During that week, I was extremely impressed with her CS- the prompt and informative replies, and the generous offer of free samples. So I placed my order on March 10, and on March 16, I received a USPS notification that a mailing label has been printed. At first I was rather surprised it took almost 1 full week for my order to be put together, as I was already expecting the package any day. But, I let that slide too. And then I actually read the USPS notification email and it was being sent to Singapore instead of Hong Kong, which is where I receive my mail! I immediately double checked the order confirmation email I got from L2K, but my address definitely said Hong Kong. So I emailed Kandis right away, telling her of the mistake, that Hong Kong and Singapore are 2 separate countries and that hopefully she would have time to fix the label before the package got picked up. That was about 18 hours ago. What is upsetting is that I never heard back from her even after I resent the same email 12 hours later! I know she's a really nice lady from the emails we exchanged, and I assume she must be very busy running her own business by herself, but my patience is running THIN Mad Has this kind of spaciness happened to anyone else? Sorry for the long rant, I guess she just really spoiled me that one week when she would reply within 1-2 hours of my emails!!

Anyways, I AM extremely impressed with everybody's improvments, and I hope I can get similar results too, when my package bounces back from Singapore Crying or Very sad
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Has anyone else tried Valmont?

I am really hesitant between the two systems - both are expensive, yet one requires constant application which is not something I can handle in my hectic day...

I have been using the Valmont Lip Repair consistently since Christmas. While it has softend the dry skin on my lips slightly, it hasn't 'fixed' them to the point where my lips have stopped molting (like a snake, and this happens every other day. Seriously!). And I still need to 'seal it in' with a more emollient product such as face cream, olive oil or shea butter (depending on my mood).

That is one of the reasons why I am quite anxious to start on the L2K and see what kind of results I can get from the system Rolling Eyes
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi FatSwan,

I am sorry you have had such frustrations in trying to get your products. Is the email address that you use for Kandis this one:
kandis@lips2kiss.com?
That one gets me the quickest responses, usually from her Blackberry. I do know that I had several emails to her bounce back on Monday and yesterday due to her full mailbox but I got one through last night and she responded within the hour.

Good luck!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Hi FatSwan,

I am sorry you have had such frustrations in trying to get your products. Is the email address that you use for Kandis this one:
kandis@lips2kiss.com?
That one gets me the quickest responses, usually from her Blackberry. I do know that I had several emails to her bounce back on Monday and yesterday due to her full mailbox but I got one through last night and she responded within the hour.

Good luck!

Hi Brenpatsa,
Yes that's the email address that I use too. But I actually did manage to hear back from her just now, so all is well after all! Turns out she accidently deleted all her emails yesterday morning, so she didn't see my first email at all and it wasn't til after I sent my second one that I got a reply. And the reason my order is taking so long is because she is mixing a color for me Dancing , so it hasn't been sent out yet and there is still time to fix the address on the mailing label.
So now I'm a happy camper again and I do regret posting prematurely about my earlier disappointment. She does indeed have superb CS and is incredibly accommodating to first time clients, but may just be a tad technologically challenged like me Laughing

Thanks for your help!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |