Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
The Sexy Momma color I would describe as a very sheer rosy mauve...not too mauve..but it's very moisturizing and has a really nice amount of color for the sheerness. OK, I think I will never get a job as a color analyst!! It's very natural YLBB type of color...but the texture is more like the lip glaze..yeah that's it..a tinted lip glaze.

Anyway, after my nightly air-dry, my lips look so rosy pink that I'm hoping that eventually my lips will look naturally that way..I saw a color change in a few of the before and after pics...so I'm hoping that my lips will have that rosy hue all day! I do have to shut the bathroom door when I hairdry my lips...as my husband already thinks I'm fairly loony with all my lotions & potions!! This would really make him think that I've gone off the deep end!! Ahh, the price of beauty!!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:
The Sexy Momma color I would describe as a very sheer rosy mauve...not too mauve..but it's very moisturizing and has a really nice amount of color for the sheerness. OK, I think I will never get a job as a color analyst!! It's very natural YLBB type of color...but the texture is more like the lip glaze..yeah that's it..a tinted lip glaze.

Anyway, after my nightly air-dry, my lips look so rosy pink that I'm hoping that eventually my lips will look naturally that way..I saw a color change in a few of the before and after pics...so I'm hoping that my lips will have that rosy hue all day! I do have to shut the bathroom door when I hairdry my lips...as my husband already thinks I'm fairly loony with all my lotions & potions!! This would really make him think that I've gone off the deep end!! Ahh, the price of beauty!!

This is a good enough description for me. Smile Thanks for taking the time! Oh, I noticed the SAME thing last night after blow drying. My lips were plump and very colorful - also a bit tingling so I took that as a good sign. I was thinking about how I'd incorporate that little step into my nightly routine when I visit my husband - he will think I'm nuts too, but he's used to my little experiments and does appreciate the results. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I went to look at the website for this - but I still didnt get a sense of how long this process takes?

ie Do you have to hairdry your lips at night for ever?

or is there a tailing off to a maintenance - level of the treatment? ( every other day or so, for example )

Do the lips reach a saturation point at which the treatment plan lessens in intensity?

Anyone know? Wink
hollywood
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I really think that those are questions to pose to Kandis..just E-mail her..she's wonderful about getting back to you.
minivanmom
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have been using this system for about 3 days and here is my experience:

Absolutely love the gloss the lip gold imparts without that sticky, tacky feeling. Liked it so much, that I ordered another kit, just to keep the lip glaze and the lip gold in my bag to use during the day. Will keep the extra night cream by my bed.

Also like the feel of the other products.

Also leaves my lips plump and pink when I exfoliate and follow the procedure at night.

Have not seen any peeling yet.

Don't know if my lips will ever look like the ones in the picture or get particularly plump, but I would settle for soft lips without lines that don't crack in the winter! I think I,too, had fallen into that "waxy" abyss Kandis discusses and am trying to dig my way out! LOL

Will also keep you updated.

Donna
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
hollywood wrote:
I really think that those are questions to pose to Kandis..just E-mail her..she's wonderful about getting back to you.

Sure thing. thanks.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Catski - I just got off the phone with Kandis. She answered my email yesterday but I just had too many questions and decided to call.

the process - it sounds like it takes 2-3 minutes morning and evening. Not bad at all.

maintenance - I asked Kandis the same thing ... do I need to continue forever. She brought up a good point - when you go to the dentist, does that mean you stop brushing your teeth? She said I'd have to just watch my results and would probably be able to use standard lipstick during the day but still keep up with an evening application. The main problem is that you'll be damaging any progress during the day if you use products with waxes or similar. Kandis said that many of the women no longer like the feel of traditional l/s once their lips are used to her system. She also has 11 more colors that will be on site soon.

As for saturation point - I don't have wrinkles but Kandis brought up the fact that one day ... I will. So her product helps lifelong. If you're talking volume - she said everyone's lips increases - but younger lips seem to fill more.

Anyway, Kandis was great and she knows a lot about her product and her competitors.

I'm sold and ordered after I got off the phone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
Catski -
maintenance - I asked Kandis the same thing ... do I need to continue forever. She brought up a good point - when you go to the dentist, does that mean you stop brushing your teeth? She said I'd have to just watch my results and would probably be able to use standard lipstick during the day but still keep up with an evening application. The main problem is that you'll be damaging any progress during the day if you use products with waxes or similar. Kandis said that many of the women no longer like the feel of traditional l/s once their lips are used to her system. She also has 11 more colors that will be on site soon.

Thanks so much Rjez. Very Happy that's exactly the sort of info I wanted, because I'm trying to realistically assess if I would long term maintain the routine. I dont have a hairdryer handily out on permanent display,( or a powerpoint in my bathroom..) ~ I try to let my hair dry naturally. Silly details.. I have a big ole dryer tucked away somewhere.. I've been trying to visualise fitting the routine into my life, as I have two kids to get to school in the mornings!
I can imagine (I feel such a traitor to my new MAC red lippie which I'm besotted with for even thinking this !) losing the liking for traditional lippies.
Kandi's discovery is REALLY a big thing to contemplate for lipstick addicts like me. But yes, her lipcolours look good.
You know a funny thing is that since I started using lipfusionXL, I dont feel the need for lipbalm all the time when I'm not wearing any lipstick. I'm finding it truly novel to have bare lips and feel comfortable about it, whilst I'm in the house. I usually feel compelled to smear something 'moisturising' ( so I thought ) on my lips.
hmm. Looking forward to more feedback here in this very very intriguing thread!
Thanks again.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Hmmm.... now I'm really tempted, LOL! Ladies who have this kit, could you do me a favor and post all the ingredients so I can see if it's vegetarian-friendly/ castor oil-free or not? TIA!

bump! Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz - If no one responds quickly, it might be faster to contact Kandis via phone. In talking with her I get the feeling she is sensitive to sharing too much information in writing. She mentioned a few companies that have visited her site and "stolen" ideas or formulation. She says one competitor still routinely visits her site, so calling and telling her your concerns might be a long way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
manslayerliz - If no one responds quickly, it might be faster to contact Kandis via phone. In talking with her I get the feeling she is sensitive to sharing too much information in writing. She mentioned a few companies that have visited her site and "stolen" ideas or formulation. She says one competitor still routinely visits her site, so calling and telling her your concerns might be a long way.

I bet. I guess it wont be too long before some other Big Cosmetic Company grabs this idea. I wonder if in ten years time, we will look back on the lipsticks we wear now and shake our heads that we ever put such drying stuff on our mouths.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
After following this thread for some time I wanted to order from Lips2kiss, and had a problem with ordering ( a computer glitch). So I emailed Kandiss, who called me to sort out the problem there and then over the phone; from her home no less. That's above and beyond the call of duty!

It seems that if anybody needs information or help on using her system the she is more than happy be there for them. Looking forward to getting mine soon and trying it out. I will be happy to use it forever if it plumps and conditions my lips.
Cyberia
5% products discount

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Ok 2 more things: I have 11 fabulous lipgloss colors (this formula took me 7 months to get it perfect). They're silky, they also absorb, gradually, and help with the rejuvenation process while giving you some color. I'm waiting for my tubes from overseas before they can be filled.

2nd thing: While we're interrupting and reversing your lips aging process, you should be going through your system every month or every month and a half at the longest. All my befores and afters used a system per month. Because I really do care that you experience every single promise I make you, when you receive your first cosmeceutical lipcare system there are 2 preferred client discount codes included. You will use one or the other every time, all the time, you reorder the system. One code is for all 4 products. The other is when you still have exfoliative and only need the gold,cream and night glaze. You will save considerable $.

Kandis,
Thank you so much for comming to his board and answer our questions! Smile Be carefull not no solicit or "encourage" members to buy your products, the above info about your 'range of wonderfull lipsticks' and 'discount codes' might... or might not... boarder to that Smile I don't know, I just know that all manufactures love their own products and that direct or indirect advertising is not allowed on EDS, so just be carefull as it would be a shame if you got banned for naughty behaviour Wink

Welcome aboard and most importantly, have fun Smile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. Kandis is a dream to do business with. I went away for the week-end and felt like I should wear some color and used a lip gloss. Oh boy, after using Kandis's products the gloss felt awful and I couldn't wait to get to the hotel and take it off. For the rest of the week-end I used the color Kandis sent me and I think I'm hooked. I've only been using the system since Tuesday night and I've not started peeling yet. Has anyone else started to peel? I have noticed a somewhat more defined upper lip line and some fullness.

kimberly
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:26 am      Reply with quote
okay, so i decided to cave in and order this as my lips (and the lines above) have taken a beating with the meds i was on. none of the usual suspects are working and my lips have just been continually dry. i stick my tongue out and lick my lips when concentrating (i swear it's genetic!) and seem to be doing it every rehab session Laughing

so i went to order it from the site and could not check out properly. tried a different browser (as i'm on the mac) and still no go. for those deciding to order and having problems checking out, here's the secret:
NO DASHES (-) or SPACES in your CREDIT CARD NUMBER.
and NO SLASH (/) in the EXPIRATION DATE (MMYY) *not* (MM/YY).
very inelegant that the billing program can't correct it, but it is what it is. HTH!
KANDIS
5% products discount

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Dear Manslayerliz,

Yes sweetheart, All my products are Vegetarian Friendly and are absolutely, Caster-Oil Free!

Kandis
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Wow I'm definitely interested in trying these amazing products! I've tried heaps of products but nothing seems to work, LipFusion XL has been ok but has been drying out my lips lately. Thanks for the reviews!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update that I noticed a darker little spot on my lower lip and when I looked closer I could see where I'm beginning to peel.

Kimberly
Cyberia
5% products discount

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Kandis,

I am very interested in trying out your system, but I never buy a product unless I am 100% aware of the substances I am exposing my skin (and health) to. It is possible for you to either mail or send me a PM with the ingredients of your products?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Cyberia wrote:
I am very interested in trying out your system, but I never buy a product unless I am 100% aware of the substances I am exposing my skin (and health) to. It is possible for you to either mail or send me a PM with the ingredients of your products?

i think this is something you'll have better luck with if you send her an email from her site directly or ring her up. (the URL is on the first page)
Cyberia
5% products discount

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks la vie, I'll try that.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I received my package last night!!!

(side note: The website can be a little confusing but the kit and instructions booklet are really nice and elegant.)

Last night:

exfoliate, lip cream, liquid gold, night glaze.
Lips felt really smooth but really tight. Looked a little more plump but that could be with all the attention and rubbing.

This morning my lips didn't seem any different.

Morning treatment:
lip cream & night glaze. Feels smooth but tight. Ended up using NG 2 times.

Noon:
liquid gold & night glaze. Still feels tight.

I was going to use Carekate's Overnight Lip Treatment but I think I might be peeling soon so I don't want to inhibit the process.

The skin touching my teeth is really feeling irritated/dry. The rest of my lips feel smooth but really tight.

I received a sample of "Walk of Fame" which is a gorgeous color for me. Sort of pinky/brown/apricot. I decided to test it out (still drying on my lips) although Kandis did warn that it may be a while before my lips are conditioned enough to wear them Wink
My lips look more plump when wearing color.

Still a wait and see but my lips do feel "different". The 90 second hair dryer thing is not very convenient - good thing I'm not working right now and have the time to putz around.

I do think I will reach a point where I can use Carekate's lip products - at very least under traditional l/s to provide some barrier.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I started the system a week ago today and yesterday was the first I noticed some peeling. Last night after I'd used the products I had some tingling that I've not had before. I still feel my upper lip line looks more defined. I'm very curious to know how the others are doing.

kimberly
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I thought it was time I posted an update since I've been using the system now for 5 days. My experience has pretty much been the same as Rjez's with tightness/dryness, mostly during the day. As I mentioned before, I have always been a HUGE balm addict so it doesn't surprise me that I'm responding this way. I just hope that my lips get the nourishment they need soon because my lips are really uncomfortable during the afternoon. I need to also mention that I have been cheating a bit because I'm using a very small amount of lipstick (Maybelline moisture whip) during the work day over my application of NG for some color, so I know that isn't helping. I'm ordering my first color from Kandis tonight so hopefully that will improve my progress.

I actually just wrote Kandis about my experience but it looks like she answer most of my concerns here. Thank you Kandis !!! I know my lips are very undernourished so I'm sure it will take a bit more time for me, but I'm definitely going to power through it. The vertical lines in my lip border are really deep and have bothered me for a long time now, so anything that promises to reduce (and hopefully eliminate) them is definitely worth the time and effort for me.

Kandis was also so kind to send me a sample color as well, the "Walk of Fame" color Rjez mentioned. Unfortunately, I just cannot wear it since it is very warm-toned and I'm more neutral to cool toned. Soooo...I wanted to offer it to anyone else that is using her system and thinks this color would work for them. Since I'm more cool toned, the color is a bit orange/peachy for me, but if you can wear those tones then PM me and I can mail it to you. I did not apply it with the wand to keep it as sanitary as possible since I knew I probably couldn't wear it and wanted to pass it on.

I too am interested to hear how this system is working for everyone else, so please post soon! Also, I'm planning to purchase the Napa Wine color and will let everyone know what it's like when I receive it. Very Happy
beautybee
5% products discount

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I have been lurking Embarassed reading about this off and on, sounds like good stuff...Now what is everyone using the Intensive Spa LipCareSystem, or what product from them did you order?If you mentioned that sorry I am chasing around kids all day,so I get a little lost Wink
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |