Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mazinga
5% products discount

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
this sounds good. i suffer from dry lips so i carry lip balm all year around, and i want to have fuller lips. I am very tempted to buy this product now.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I realized this morning that on Tuesday I will hit my 2 month mark using the L2K system.

My upper lip is definitely fuller and the shape is more defined. I've not seen any noticeable increase in my lower lip plumpness at this point. The lips themselves are smoother and the lines have disappeared or decreased quite a bit. *Note that I am using the F2F/LE also* I still have two stubborn lines right at the lip border but they too are less deep and much shorter in length. These are the two that I'm watching most closely.

I have not mentioned this in prior posts but I had an appointment to have lip augmentation on Dec 4th. I decided to cancel it and give this system a shot and I will not be rescheduling. I had dinner with a girlfriend Friday who I'd not seen since mid November and she thought I'd gone ahead and had my lips done. That told me I was on the right track.

I'm almost finished with the NG and lip creme but I have probably 1/2 of the exfoliant left. I seem to have enough of the LG at this point but it is hard to tell due to the packaging. I've reordered. As a side note, I'm also very pleased with the F2F and I think I'm at the 4 or 5 week mark.

I'd also like to note that I've not used any other products and only used color on maybe 4-5 occasions. I intend to continue this and look forward to seeing more changes.

Kimberly
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the L2K system for two weeks. I also have a sample of the Flaunt, but am now only using that around my eyes and between brows. (good results though) I would love to use on forhead, but at the cost, I am not sure thats an option for me.

I do not have lines above my lip, nor are my lips peely, or super thin, or deeply grooved. They do have some lines on lip surface.

The reason I am trying this system is I would like a bit more fullness on lower lips, and would like deeper color, a softer plumper lip, and to improve lip health overall.

It is too soon to see any fullness, though lips do seem slightly fuller/softer/puffy. But again that’s speculation at this point. I did not take pictures until I had already used the system for a week.

One thing I did notice that makes me feel lip health is improving. (again speculation)

I normally don’t wear lip stick on my lips, rather I apply emu or Jojoba to them daily, or a colored liner and tinted gloss if going “out”.
I also apply Copper Peptides to lips, which have helped them IMO. I normally manually exfoliate my lips a few times a week with nylon mesh gloves. They seem very healthy to me overall.

But in the PM, especially in the winter with dehydrating indoor heat, my lips get very dry during sleeping. They are very uncomfortable and dry, and a bit painful – so I apply a heavier balm over emu oil to lips to seal in moisture through the night.

I have to reapply this stick or balm through the night or lips are very dry and uncomfortable upon waking. They can become chapped without a heavy balm at night in winter.

Since using the L2K system I use only their products. No balm or stick. I have worn a colored gloss on a few occasions for a few hours, when I have gone out. (over the L2K Cream). But remove it once returning home, and continuing with program.

The first week my lips were super dry at night, but I only used the Night glaze durning the night. But upon waking they were very dry, though not painful, but I knew I needed something on them right away. I immediately had to apply something as soon as I woke, and immediately through the night whenever I woke.

I have just finished week two, and notice that now my lips stay moist longer in the night, if I wake through the night, I don’t feel the “need” to reapply as often as I did the first week or as I did with chap stick. Though I do still apply product. But the discomfort feeling is not there.

When I wake in the AM, they feel a bit dry but not uncomfortablely so.

Where in the past even with lip balm applied all through the night, they still could be super dry upon waking – though with the balm they were less painful/dry – then with nothing. But in both cases, they needed immdiate attention. Which my husband hate, because he hates to kiss me with "stiff" on my lips. Wink

It seems like my lips are now more pliable on waking and less parched. And I can wait a few hours without rushing to add something over them. (for example while dozing before I get up) So my husband gets his kisses first. LOL

This seems to me that lips are becoming better able to hold moisture for longer times, with less dehydration compared to two weeks ago.

Which means to me, something is going on. And I am actually now applying less product then I did the first week, and applying less often then I did with Lip balms at night. I still do apply often during the day, but lips seem to stay moist longer. They are still not slick wet, but they feel less dehidrated.

The heat and temperature has been the same in my home in both weeks (all winter actually). And this could be only temporary, and it may be related to humidity changes in the area or something. Though it is not very humid right now.

But it is interesting. I am curious how this will play out over the next few months in the longer term. And if it continues.

If the products are actually “repairing” my lips,or helping then to function better, not just creating a new dependency – then this trend should continue. And it seems after 3 months or so, I will need the products less often, to sill maintain healthy lip feel.

Other users, have you noticed anything similar?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Tangal,
Yes, I've noticed the same. I should note that I've never had issues with dry or chapped lips like some have mentioned in this thread. As such, I've never been a Chap Stick or lip balm user. I did order Carrie's lip balm prior to starting this system but I think I only used it for one evening. The one exception to my lips feeling more hydrated was last week when I started to peel again. I can't say my lips felt uncomfortable but they felt odd when I would apply the NG. I think that had more to do with the feeling of the peeling skin under the glaze vs a feeling of dehydration. I 'don't' have to reapply the glaze or gold so much as I want to to get the best results.

I have wondered if I've perhaps not used enough product since I've got this much left at the 8 week mark.

k
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Blue - I really bet you are not applying enough.

Really. I emailed K about this at the beginning, and she said "apply your products, ending with you NG - look in the mirror immediately, and see how it looks.

Then check again every 15 minutes. When lips are matte, with no visable product on surface, again reapply.

At first I was not applying enough, because I could still feel slip on my lips. But when I looked in the mirror they got matte at about 20-30 minutes. So thats when I would start to reapply.

I went through product faster, as before I only applyed probably every 40 minutes or so. But I also think it was more effective. Because by my second week I saw some slight plumping.

And though I think my lips are pretty healthy, and It sounds like yours may be. I never have chapped lips except some in winter as I mentioned. And thats in relation to indoor heat. I am generally not a big balm/stick user. And when I do use them, I am very careful to avoid irritating drying ingrediants.

But I don't really think you should have so much left after 8 weeks.

I am at two weeks, and I do feel I will run out at 4 weeks total. All the testers on the site used a kit every 4 weeks. I figured for those results, I would aim for a simular application schedule.

Maybe you should increase your use for one week and se how that goes and if it makes any difference?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh, that's interesting about the matte appearance. I was going by the feeling of my lips. This is interesting as I've had good results this way. Good heavens. What would happen if I used as much as you have?

k
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
maybe the same, but might be worth trying for a week?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Rjez wrote:
... My lips are not as full as yours and I have no idea how "full" you can go. Kandis says something like 'maximum natural fullness' which really isn't too descriptive because everyone will be different.

Rjez, one of the members made a very good observation on another thread (it may have even been this one!) that this system will probably only give your lips back the fullness that they already in your youth had but lost due to aging or dehydration, etc. That's what I understand Kandis to mean - our lips are only going to get as big as our individual lips can get - we are all different and are not going to end up with the same size lips or even the same amount of increase.

I think that's why befores and afters, or even lip prints, are a good idea, because I'm sure the increase will be pretty subtle and/or happen over such a length of time that we each may not even notice the actual gains made.

Ah, okay. My lips have always been my best feature. Not Angelina Jolie but a decent shape and fullness. I, however, want Angelina Jolie lips!

Too bad I didn't take photos. I think Scalawaggirl is the only one who's really good about taking photos for all her product before/afters. I really wish I did that before I started retinaldehyde's because I know it made a drastic difference in my skintone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Any news about the ingredient list for this product?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
still waiting....

Last email on Friday from K, she emailed to confirm I WOULD recieve it, she had not forgetten - along with some color swatch images, she was also sending me on email....hope its pretty soon.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yeay!!! I received my L2K system, the lip colour I ordered and a generous sample of F2F/LE (I think it'll last me a while - I like that Wink).

I just used the system for the first time and found the protocol to be fairly simple and straight forward. It took me only few minutes to do and I quite enjoyed the blow-drying part. (BTW, my husband didn't hear a thing - which is good Wink).

Oh yes - I took some photos of my lips, but could not get them (photos) to be sharp and clear. I think I did get one that is decent and i'll use that one as my before photo once I'm ready to post my b/f and after picks.

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Morning! Would anyone happen to have a mailing address for Kandis? Apparently I didn't keep the one I had. If so, please PM me.

Way to go Rubby. Hope this works as well for you. Today I'm peeling worse than I ever have. I guess this is a good thing. Smile

kimberly
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
if you go to thewww.lipstokiss.com website you should be able to email Kandis from there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Lori but I'd already done that and I wanted to get something out this morning.
k
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh, that's interesting about the matte appearance. I was going by the feeling of my lips.
Same here...I was going by when my lips felt like the product was gone, not when it looked like the product was gone.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Looking at earlier posts, I see K, did mention earlier on this thread - while one is first "repairing" the lips - you should use one kit every 4 weeks. The longest would be every 6 weeks.

So 8 weeks, with product still left, is probably not best.

A note on the Line Eliminator. I also received a good sized sample in the plastic condiment container. I was thrilled with the amount! It worked very well at first, with some immediate changes in skin.

But after two weeks it has now stopped working. I believe the sample container allows too much air exchange with the product, causing less stability. (Plastic of this type is not 100% impervious to air exchange through the walls)

I strongly suggest you transfer product to a small jar or vial for best stability.
Wish I would have thought to do that…. Crying or Very sad sniff
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:

A note on the Line Eliminator. I also received a good sized sample in the plastic condiment container. I was thrilled with the amount! It worked very well at first, with some immediate changes in skin.

But after two weeks it has now stopped working. I believe the sample container allows too much air exchange with the product, causing less stability. (Plastic of this type is not 100% impervious to air exchange through the walls)

I strongly suggest you transfer product to a small jar or vial for best stability.
Wish I would have thought to do that…. Crying or Very sad sniff

You know what - I was just thinking about that very thing. I remember Kandis saying that she needed to change the packaging of the F2F/LE because it was getting activated (?? Confused or something else Confused ??) too fast in the containers she used before. That's why she now uses pumps.

I transfered my sample into a small plastic pump i had from another sample. I am now keeping that one in the fridge while I'm using the reamaining F2F/LE sample that didn't fit into the little pump.

I have to say, Kandis gives a really generous sample of F2F/LE and I would hate to see it go bad or lose its effectiveness before it's all used up.

Let's now hope that my new container/pump does the trick.

R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Kandis about how often to use the product as I felt there was some confusion. The info she sent to me is posted below.

Only a very few of them are using enough product. For the first 3 months, they should be going through a system every month.
They need to start applying the products during the day every 20 - 30 minutes. (20 is ideal: remember Ashley with the really big lips? she applied it every 20 minutes, religiously). the gals are going by 'feel' and it feels to them like it hasn't absorbed; however, if they will look in the mirror immediately after applying it, they will notice their lips are very glossy. 20 minutes later they need to look in the mirror again. Though they think it 'feels' glossy, actually looking in the mirror will confirm that it has absorbed and their tissues are wanting and needing more. Many of them are going much too long between applications.

Kimberly, to get the results everyone desires, in the fastest time possible, they need to reapply their products every 20 to 30 minutes - all day long, for the first 2 months and maybe even the 3rd. These applications are also essential in eliminating wrinkles above the lips by stopping the pulling (drawstring effect) in your underlying lip tissues.

This is important: > To reach your maximum natural fullness, you've got to not only drench your tissues, they have to be totally saturated (underneath) and then when you give then more, all that extra is building up and increasing your lip fullness. When you give your lips less than they need, we will never drench your underlying tissues, they will never be totally saturated, and your natural maximum fullness cannot be achieved. Everyone needs to realize and understand that each and every day, in addition to playing 'catch-up' from the years of hydration deprivation to which they've subjected their lip tissues, everyday factors will deplete, somewhat, that which we are giving them, and remember, our objective is to drench the tissues, have them reach a point of saturation, and then hit them with more and fill them up from underneath as much as we can. Those everyday factors include, but are certainly not limitied to; central heating, or central air conditioning, or the wind, or the sun, or stress, or illness, ect. ect. (ever notice how your lips get bad and take a beating when you are stressed out? - for many that's everyday!)
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry, I've never heard of anything so ridiculous than a product that needs to be reapplied every 20 minutes for the first two months! Maybe if I sprain my ankle, I'll apply an ice pack every hour...

I'm sorry, you can slap my hand and delete my post if you like. I totally deserve it. But this is reaching the heights of absurdity!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for clarifying that for us Blue. I think that will help.
rgw0125w
5% products discount

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
OK girls, I ordered the system. Can't wait to get it. I will take before and after photos and post progress along the way.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I am sorry, I've never heard of anything so ridiculous than a product that needs to be reapplied every 20 minutes for the first two months! Maybe if I sprain my ankle, I'll apply an ice pack every hour...

I'm sorry, you can slap my hand and delete my post if you like. I totally deserve it. But this is reaching the heights of absurdity!

--avalange

It may seem absurd. THat's what I thought too after actually trying it. I have severely chronic chapped lips. It seems my lips take in the moisture quickly you need to rehydrate them. To be honest every 20 min is a bit of a strech. I may do it twice an hour or so or maybe even once an hour. It's lessened, the frequency at which I rehydrate the lips because the condition of my lips are changing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

It may seem absurd. THat's what I thought too after actually trying it. I have severely chronic chapped lips. It seems my lips take in the moisture quickly you need to rehydrate them. To be honest every 20 min is a bit of a strech. I may do it twice an hour or so or maybe even once an hour. It's lessened, the frequency at which I rehydrate the lips because the condition of my lips are changing.

While it may seem absurd, it's not uncommon for people to apply lip balm that often throughout the day. If I am able to apply it, I do, and have been doing so about every 20-30 minutes even before Blues Heart's post. Perhaps, that's why I'm experiencing such good results.

Another note to consider is that she didn't say it had to be done FOREVER; just until your lips get back into shape (2-3 months). I don't consider this a problem at all though, naturally, there are/will be times that I can't do this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

While it may seem absurd, it's not uncommon for people to apply lip balm that often throughout the day. If I am able to apply it, I do, and have been doing so about every 20-30 minutes even before Blues Heart's post. Perhaps, that's why I'm experiencing such good results.

Another note to consider is that she didn't say it had to be done FOREVER; just until your lips get back into shape (2-3 months). I don't consider this a problem at all though, naturally, there are/will be times that I can't do this.

For me it's today...I forgot everything at home again!! Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

For me it's today...I forgot everything at home again!! Mad

Well I never thought of how many times per day I put lip balm on! It's not that many, since I try to stay hydrated from the inside out, but you do have a point there...! I stand corrected, kind of. Smile If everyone here is seeing a great difference after having used up 3 months of product, then I will be a convert--to the idea, not the product. Because I could never follow this regime myself, but that's just me! Now let's get those ingredients, and see before and after pics, and hopefully we'll all be a big happy virtual family soon...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |