Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips2kiss Lip System--early RAVE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
thanks - just out of curiosity though, at what level do you start getting $ off with your credits, and how much? for e.g., if i were to order the system, an extra ng, and 2 glosses, my total would be $139, so 139 credits. Would this be enough to earn anything?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
The credits are not dollar per credit.
Its like 5% or something.

So if I figured it correctly, you would get about $6.95 credit. Every future order you place, also acrues credits.

So not enough to by anything yet - but your credits will keep adding up. And you can apply that money amount to any future order at anytime.

I have 129 credits, which is $6.45 credit.
These are from products I have bought.

But you can also get credits from new customer referrals.

For Example:

If you use my name as a referral, I also get some credits for that. (one time thing I believe) and the new customer/you also get a free extra gift. (a small decorative lip carrying bag by by Marcel Shurman)

You also gets credits for your starting order. Then if someone uses your name as a referral, you get extra credits for that also. They get their credits, and the free gift.

The referral credits from mew customer purchases just started about two days ago.

We liked the system before that started... Smile In case anyone wonders.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
The credits are not dollar per credit.
Its like 5% or something.

So if I figured it correctly, you would get about $6.95 credit. Every future order you place, also acrues credits.

So not enough to by anything yet - but your credits will keep adding up. And you can apply that money amount to any future order at anytime.

Is this something new Shock ? I didn't realize I collected any credit when I purchased my system.
Where can I check how much credit do I have?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I'm on day three and my lips have started to peel - just on the very inside edge (near my teeth if you see what I mean)- my lips never peel - ever!! Shock I'm assuming this is a good sign? Laughing

Its pretty minor and will exfoliate off - can I exfoliate daily by the way?

Finding it quite hard not to 'nibble' at the peelies Shock Confused am being generous with my system to discourage this as I don't realise I'm doing it and amd more conscious of not doing it when I have just applied product so am applying it lots! (Gloss in day) then LG + NG 4 when I get home till my night treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia,
I think it was day 3 or 4 when I started peeling. I noticed it lightly on the edge of my lower lip first then it went to the area you're peeling now. And yes, that's a good thing. You at least know the rejuvenation is starting. Using your products so often is great it helps speed results and it gets you in the habit to reapply right off the bat.

Can't wait to hear your progress.

kimberly
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kimberley - my Beauty Therapy Training is screaming "NO! Peeling IS BAD!"at me so I need a bit of moral support!! Laughing
I'm trying to liken it to the slight peeling I got when I first used Mandelic Acid and again with Ystheal - I got the peeling mainly on area's that were previously 'damaged' like my chin where I used to break out and I had a few pale marks left which then dissappeared - I guess its the same with my lips! All worth it in the end!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby, its new.

To ceheck your credits:
goto the L2K site,
and click on PURCHASE
Click CUSTOMER LOGIN on the Left
Login with the Registration info your set up (or register)
Click "View Customer Reward Credits"

This will list amount, and dollar conversion. When you place an order you will see an option to apply them.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that info' Tangal - I had no idea - great news! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I love Kandis' customer service and now she's rewarding us for having great lips. Karma is a wonderful thing.

kimberly
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
My lip color is uneven from uv exposure.. I don't think I want to plump up my lips though. Do I still have to use the whole system for this problem?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I think so Pooh, because the products work together, and ingrediants differ some in each product. So I am not sure one would do only "color" repair. I think you need overall "lip repair" to affect color repair.

Does that make sense. I think the color change, is a "side effect" of lips that are in better shape and healthier.

Much like glowing skin, with less acne, is a result of treating and repairing the acid mantle in the skin, deeper tissues, and the skin healing and becoming healthier and functioning optimally.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!
Kandis has answered my peelies/exfoliation question so thought I would share in case it helps anyone else.

If you need to exfoliate to remove your peeling skin, put the exfoliative in the palm of your hand, add water, make a THIN paste. With your fingertip, moisten your lips with water, then exfoliate with the thin paste. Be gentle. Regardless of the routine you are doing, when you exfoliate, always and always follow it with the lip cream, then continue with your day time routine.

So I'm going to try this nightly until my peelies settle down. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Lucia,

Peeling is a good sign, with me the peeling was a bit on the severe side and I was doing that probably every other day or so, now its slowed down dramatically. You may exfoliate everyday, but be gentle and make tha thin paste as instructed by an earlier post. With me though since I'm peeling more often, I exfoliate a few times a day if need be. I don't always get the dead skin off in one session so throughout the day I have dead skin hanging onto my lips which is quite annoying. So for me I feel like I need to do it at least twice, morning and night and occassionally midday too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Lucia,

Peeling is a good sign, with me the peeling was a bit on the severe side and I was doing that probably every other day or so, now its slowed down dramatically. You may exfoliate everyday, but be gentle and make tha thin paste as instructed by an earlier post. With me though since I'm peeling more often, I exfoliate a few times a day if need be. I don't always get the dead skin off in one session so throughout the day I have dead skin hanging onto my lips which is quite annoying. So for me I feel like I need to do it at least twice, morning and night and occassionally midday too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ariesxtreme! Thanks - will try once a day and see how I go - my peeling isn't too bad and not noticeable to anyone else I think because I so rarely have chapped/peelie lips its just a bit weird - but the exfoliation does help I had been using CareKates lip scrub which is yummy and really effective and I never had the peelies with it from chapping etc, but I promised to give the L2K system a fair shot so have stuck to the L2K scrub. ) The peeling with the L2K system is different to the sort of'chapped' peeling I have experinced on the odd occasion though as its not sore and once exfoliated off, my lips are nice and soft and smooth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I exfoliate daily and most recently twice daily. Wink

The peeling from this system is not the same as Chapped/dehidrated skin peeling.

Rather this is simular to normal skin exfoliation one goes throgh on the face etc as one is exfoliating the face while treating it. (but less harsh then a deep acid peel for example)

So if you think of it as simular to a chemicial peel (though these products donot contain the chemicial peel activities) - you may understand it a bit better.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal, yep that does make sense. I had similar light peeling when I first used Ystheal and Mandelic acid in the past - interestingly the more damaged areas (where I had had break outs in the past for example) it peeled more - which Epidermx sorted out. I said before I wondered if this was a similar concept so nice to see I was on the right lines!
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:

with me the peeling was a bit on the severe side and I was doing that probably every other day or so, now its slowed down dramatically. With me though since I'm peeling more often, I exfoliate a few times a day if need be. I don't always get the dead skin off in one session so throughout the day I have dead skin hanging onto my lips which is quite annoying. So for me I feel like I need to do it at least twice, morning and night and occassionally midday too.

Shock Shock OMG, my lips are the same way. I feel my peeling is very severe and I didn't want to post about that much, as it seems that I am the only one who's been peeling pretty much non-stop since starting the lip boot camp almost 4 weeks ago. At this point - my lips are extremely dry and flakey and a couple of days ago my bottom lip acctually cracked open (I'm talking big, bloody, painful crack Crying or Very sad). I don't think I am doing anything wrong - I'm only using L2K stuff, I'm applying product (glaze or gloss) at least every 20 minutes (sometimes every 5 minutes, my lips are so dry), I exfoliate daily (my exfol is almost gone Shock), I do the blowdry routine 2 x day, . . . . I just don't know what to think. I think I can safely say that my lips are currently worse than ever before Sad .
I'm thinking that perhaps I should slow down with the blow dry routine. Perhaps the rejuvenation is happening to fast??
I don't think I can reduce exfoliation, because if I don't exfoliate the dry skin becomes extremely thick and very prone to breaking into painful sores.
I have to say, I was hoping for some nicer results by this time Sad .
Any advice or words of encouragement are welcome Smile .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
ariesxtreme wrote:

with me the peeling was a bit on the severe side and I was doing that probably every other day or so, now its slowed down dramatically. With me though since I'm peeling more often, I exfoliate a few times a day if need be. I don't always get the dead skin off in one session so throughout the day I have dead skin hanging onto my lips which is quite annoying. So for me I feel like I need to do it at least twice, morning and night and occassionally midday too.

Shock Shock OMG, my lips are the same way. I feel my peeling is very severe and I didn't want to post about that much, as it seems that I am the only one who's been peeling pretty much non-stop since starting the lip boot camp almost 4 weeks ago. At this point - my lips are extremely dry and flakey and a couple of days ago my bottom lip acctually cracked open (I'm talking big, bloody, painful crack Crying or Very sad). I don't think I am doing anything wrong - I'm only using L2K stuff, I'm applying product (glaze or gloss) at least every 20 minutes (sometimes every 5 minutes, my lips are so dry), I exfoliate daily (my exfol is almost gone Shock), I do the blowdry routine 2 x day, . . . . I just don't know what to think. I think I can safely say that my lips are currently worse than ever before Sad .
I'm thinking that perhaps I should slow down with the blow dry routine. Perhaps the rejuvenation is happening to fast??
I don't think I can reduce exfoliation, because if I don't exfoliate the dry skin becomes extremely thick and very prone to breaking into painful sores.
I have to say, I was hoping for some nicer results by this time Sad .
Any advice or words of encouragement are welcome Smile .

Rubby I would advise you to email Kandis. This does sound very extreme.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby, I feel so bad for you to be going thru this. I am on the opposite side. I have been on the system for 6 weeks and I have not peeled once. I am doing everything right and all I keep praying for is "please start peeling". I am never going to request that again based on what you are going thru.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, Please Rubby DO email Kandis. She is more of an expert on this then anyone, and she is the best one to help you here.

I know AriExtreme had some issues simular also, not as bad, but much like you.

And she adjusting her routine after emailing Kandis, and she is doing MUCH better now.

Kandis has always been very helpful, and I know she really would appreciate your email. She is really concerned that everyone gets the best possible benifits for them. And for each person that can take some fine-tuning.

Please Don't feel bad about that at all.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch Rubby that doesn't sound much fun. Sad
Agree Kandis is the person to ask her CS is very good - hopefully she can sort things out for you.

Just a thought -I wonder if you are sensitive to one of the ingredients? Did you react straightaway?
I always do a patch test behind my ear (the pulse point where you would apply fragrance) before I use ANY new product - I've been glad I did several times - in fact I am currenty having to treat a patch of exczema from trying a new sunscreen - dread to think what I would have looked like if I had applied it all over! Shock Nothing wrong with the sunscreen at all - but my skin just didn't like it.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is not every product will suit every skin even if the product its self is fantastic and sometimes it can just be that your over doing it (perhaps the twice daily blow dry is too much for you at the moment?) I love Avene's Ystheal and if I use it every other day it gives me fab results but I tried to use it every day and it made me very rosy. So perhaps a tweak to your routine will make all the difference?
Thanks for posting - all feedback is good! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you guys for your comments Smile . I e-mailed Kandis and hopefully she'll be able to help.
I don't think I am allergic to any of the ingredients. I just think my lips were in such a bad shape (althought they didn't look that bad few weeks ago) that now all that bad, dry skin needs to get off.
Another thought is that perhaps it is the gloss that may be the reason. I don't think the gloss has any bad ingredients, but perhaps, it is not as moisturizing as NG and other components. I do use gloss a lot while at work (which is 5 days/week 8 hrs/day). Perhaps that's too long of a period to be without LC/LG/NG. What do you think?
When I am at home a do a lot of LC/LG/NG/NG/NG/repeat (I do a cycle every hour), but when I am at work it's gloss only. I'm thinking that that my be the reason for my very bad peeling/dryness/cracking of the skin.

Once again - thank you guys for your support. I'll let you know what Kandis says.

R. Smile

Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
you may be correct Rubby. You may not be getting enough Moisture. I bet you could do Cream, then color gloss durning the day - that may help. But K. is really the one to talk to, since I am only guessing. Wink Shes the expert.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal,
Thanks for telling me. I contacted Kandis, and asked all the questions I wanted to know. She's been nothing but kind to answer all my questions, with every little bit of detail. She also explained to me that this system would only make my lips bigger to the size they used to be. So I don't have to worry about having bigger lips. Thanks! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |