Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
It would be great if we could find a cheaper alternative for the conductivity gel or buy a huge bulk shipment of CC gel for the Nuface and share it Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what I found at the patent site:

Electrically conductive gel Document Type and Number: United States Patent 5348686
Link to this page:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5348686.html

Abstract: The invention relates to an electrically conductive silicone gel having a combination of conductive particles comprising silver coated mica and oxide free silver flakes uniformly dispersed therethrough, where said gel is characterized as non-flowing, self-healing, and thermally stable, with a volume resistivity of less than about 2.0 milliohm-cm.

So does this mean that tiny 'metal' particles are a conductive? And who'd a thunk silver? I so want to get to the bottom of all this..grrr!

Here are the ingredients for the NF Derma-Gel. I coudn't find the 'exact' names in the cosmeceutical dictionary though. But lots of companys make up and change names of ingredients to keep there secrets. I'll have to see what google has to offer.

Ingredients:
Purified Water
1, 2 – Propanediol
Carboxylate Polymer
Citrate Salt
F, D and C Blue #1

So here we are back where we started.

Thoughts please... Idea Idea Idea

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Cowgal44
5% products discount

Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just called a pharmacy near me (not a CVS) kind of place and they have conductivity gel for somewhere around $5.00 a tube( don't know how big yet)- but that's cheap enough for me...So I'm going to get it and will report back.

Cowgal
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Saddle up, and get on down there Cowgal... Laughing

Please share the ingredients with us!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Cowgal44
5% products discount

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Will certainly do Exclamation Exclamation Hopefully, it's not 1/2 oz for $5.00.

Cowgal
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Carboxy Vinyl Polymer (whatever the heck that is) seems to be a common ingredient in conductive gels. I think trying to concoct a home-made conductive gel is too much for my brain - there are lots of cheap alternatives out there.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Ebay has several large containers of conductivity gel at reasonable prices. How do you know if you can use them on your face?

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I think 'polymers' are silicones.

Winnie, doesn't the ebay ad say what it's used for? Do they have an ingredient list?

So what the heck makes a gel conductive? Is it the metal/silver/mica particles that seem to be in some?

Why is it such a mystery?.......grrrr!

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I was thinking of Amazon, not Ebay. What do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/Conductor-Ultrasound-Gel-Plastic-Container/dp/B000MRLYWY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1207763365&sr=1-4

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Conductor-Ultrasound-Gel-Plastic-Container/dp/B000MRLYWY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1207763365&sr=1-4

rofl ... Jeeez Winnie, it's a lifetime supply..LOL And the price is sure right!

It mentions 'electrical' so I guess it would be good for our microcurrent gadgets.

Maybe if we have an aesthetician in our midst, she could shed some light on what exactly causes the gel to be conductive? And what particular gel would cause the 'most' + 'deepest' penetration regarding microcurrent gadgets.

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Conductivity Gel Report--
1. E-mailed Dr. Hannah Sivak of Skin Actives as I'd read either on this board or hers that SKB could be used as a conductivity gel. She said that in fact she'd tested it and that it tested slightly higher than other gels and what was nice that it had been tested and works and also that it's from a skin active.

2. The gel from the drugstore did not have ingredients listed, so I did not purchase.

Cowgal
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use SKB from SkinActives as a conductivity gel with my Facemate and it is very effective.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Winnie wrote:

rofl ... Jeeez Winnie, it's a lifetime supply..LOL And the price is sure right!

It mentions 'electrical' so I guess it would be good for our microcurrent gadgets.

Maybe if we have an aesthetician in our midst, she could shed some light on what exactly causes the gel to be conductive? And what particular gel would cause the 'most' + 'deepest' penetration regarding microcurrent gadgets.

If I started using the Nuface on my body I don't think this jug would last me a lifetime Kassy. Laughing

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, didn't you use SKB for a while with the NuFace?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm totally pissed off with my NuFace.

I finally started to see some lifting on my..ahem, booty, so it's time to change the battery again, and lo and behold, it's not a dead battery at all. The chintzy wire for the battery separated from the metal piece, and now the whole thing is useless.

Did this happen to anybody else? As far as I can see, it doesn't look like it can be fixed. When I first saw the battery hook up, I was really surprised at how junky it was.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions to save this $400 piece of crapolla?

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, the Nuface comes with a one year manufacturers warranty. How long have you had it?

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Winnie, didn't you use SKB for a while with the NuFace?

Yes I did use my remaining SKB with Nuface. After spending a lot of money on this gadget I want to be sure that I use the best possible conducter.

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I have asked NCN who is an esthetician to help with the question: Why should we use a conductivity gel with Nuface? Why would water not be enough conductivity? We should hear from her in this thread. Thanks Nanci Smile

NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! Here's the scoop on using a conductivity gel with NuFace......water is not the best conductor of electricity. Just like ultrasound, a gel is needed to transfer the most current to the muscles and cells. A conductivity gel is necessary for ultimate results and transfer of microcurrent. Water transfers roughly 50% of current compared to 70% transfer with the dermagel. Thanks for asking Winnie! A great weekend to all. Nanci
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
NCN wrote:
Hi everyone! Here's the scoop on using a conductivity gel with NuFace......water is not the best conductor of electricity. Just like ultrasound, a gel is needed to transfer the most current to the muscles and cells. A conductivity gel is necessary for ultimate results and transfer of microcurrent. Water transfers roughly 50% of current compared to 70% transfer with the dermagel. Thanks for asking Winnie! A great weekend to all. Nanci

Thanks Nanci,

A few more questions please. Some members are wondering if we can use a substitute for the gel. As mentioned in other posts: SKB or Aloe-Vera? Some are using Nuface on their body. The gel could get very costly. I noted a conductivity product on Amazon but don't know what is required for the face. This gets very confusing. Rolling Eyes
www.amazon.com/Conductor-Ultrasound-Gel-Plastic-Container/dp/B000MRLYWY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1207763365&sr=1-4

Thanks Smile We'll try not to drive you crazy with questions.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Kassy, the Nuface comes with a one year manufacturers warranty. How long have you had it?

Thanks Winnie! I was wondering about the warranty. I have it not quite 4 months.

I bought it through http://www.spalook.com in mid December. I just wrote an email to CS so hopefully they'll respond Monday.

I wonder if I have to go directly through the manufacturer?

In the mean time, I think it's time to shop for a new micro-current device......

Any good results or recommendations from you guys?

Thanks.. Confused

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Thanks Winnie! I was wondering about the warranty. I have it not quite 4 months.

I bought it through http://www.spalook.com in mid December. I just wrote an email to CS so hopefully they'll respond Monday.

I wonder if I have to go directly through the manufacturer?

In the mean time, I think it's time to shop for a new micro-current device......

Any good results or recommendations from you guys?

Thanks.. Confused

I think SpaLook will have you send it back to the manufacturer with the receipt. Wonder if they will give your money back or insist on fixing it? Most likely it is all in the warranty that came with the unit. Unfortunately I have no idea where mine is right now. Do let us know Kassy.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think I have the box and whatever papers that came with it, up top of my closet.. I'll have a look.

I don't have any receipt though. Unless an old credit card statement would do.

I'm on my way out now, but will check everything later on.

I'll keep you all informed one way or another. It will be good to know, if they stand behind their product, or give me a song and dance... Dancing

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

I think the company will replace or fix the Nuface. I doubt they will give you your money back. From what I understand you have a thirty day money back guarantee if you don't care for it.

Here is the warranty I found I CaroleCole site:

Quote:
Warranty

At Carol Cole Company we strongly believe in product quality and in our quality assurance processes. The Carol Cole Company manufactures within Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Every device is subjected to rigorous design, manufacture, inspection and test procedures to ensure it meets our exact specifications. Defective product is extremely rare. We do, however, examine every returned product to help us identify product and/or process improvements.

Every microcurrent device includes a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a one-year warranty covering any manufacturer defect-related problems resulting from everyday use o f the product. The warranty does not cover damage resulting from use with a voltage source other than a 9-volt battery.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service department at 1-888-360-9171. Online warranty registration coming soon!

milliesfriend
5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Think I am going to have to get a nuface too! I need something for nose to mouth lines.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |