Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
:: Review :: Big RAVE: Nuface!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warranty info Winnie!

I'll be very happy if they're willing to repair or replace it.... I was actually starting to get attached to the little devil..

Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
In the mean time, I think it's time to shop for a new micro-current device......

Any good results or recommendations from you guys?

Thanks.. Confused

Kassy, why don't you try the el-cheapo microcurrent gadget I bought on Ebay for $30.00. It's not a large outlay to make and you can use it whilst you sort out your Nuface problem. Who knows, you might even like it better - it also comes with an attachment for "pushing" vitamin C into the skin.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding the mysteries of the microcurrent gel - have just spoken to my father who used to be a research chemist (he's 90 and retired now). So I asked him what makes a gel conductive and he said it was electrolites - he suggested adding a little bit of salt or sodium sulphate to the gel.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Regarding the mysteries of the microcurrent gel - have just spoken to my father who used to be a research chemist (he's 90 and retired now). So I asked him what makes a gel conductive and he said it was electrolites - he suggested adding a little bit of salt or sodium sulphate to the gel.

That should be sodium chloride NOT sulphate, sorry.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
KELIU!!! You saved the day all the way around.. Very Happy

The "El Cheapo" device is really to good of a price to pass up on. I'm going to track it down again on Ebay...Thanks for the reminder..BTW, is it easy to figure out? Do you see any results from it?

Please give a big hug and kiss to 'papa bear' for telling us the secret to the dreaded conductivity....who'd a thunk sodium chloride would do the trick...EUREKA!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nanci,

A few more questions please. Some members are wondering if we can use a substitute for the gel. As mentioned in other posts: SKB or Aloe-Vera? Some are using Nuface on their body. The gel could get very costly. I noted a conductivity product on Amazon but don't know what is required for the face. This gets very confusing. Rolling Eyes
www.amazon.com/Conductor-Ultrasound-Gel-Plastic-Container/dp/B000MRLYWY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1207763365&sr=1-4

Thanks Smile We'll try not to drive you crazy with questions.[/quote]

Please feel free to ask me any questions any time at all - that's what I do and I love it!

Using SKB or Aloe Vera Gel is going to work fine as a conductivity gel. I've used SKB with my NuFace but find that I have to reapply the SKB quite frequently for the needed "slip" (I take up to 25 minutes to use my NuFace). LOVE the idea of using SKB with it because of all of its benefits. I like what Keliu's father said about adding sodium chloride or salt since it's the electrolites that make it an effective conductivity product! I would definitely add it to Aloe Vera Gel but doubt that it's necessary to add to SKB (just has to be salt in there)! I'm sure the conductivity gel you found on Ebay would work fine. Hope this helps!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks Nanci. I think I finally understand. Rolling Eyes

W

NCN wrote:
Thanks Nanci,

A few more questions please. Some members are wondering if we can use a substitute for the gel. As mentioned in other posts: SKB or Aloe-Vera? Some are using Nuface on their body. The gel could get very costly. I noted a conductivity product on Amazon but don't know what is required for the face. This gets very confusing. Rolling Eyes
www.amazon.com/Conductor-Ultrasound-Gel-Plastic-Container/dp/B000MRLYWY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1207763365&sr=1-4

Thanks Smile We'll try not to drive you crazy with questions.

Please feel free to ask me any questions any time at all - that's what I do and I love it!

Using SKB or Aloe Vera Gel is going to work fine as a conductivity gel. I've used SKB with my NuFace but find that I have to reapply the SKB quite frequently for the needed "slip" (I take up to 25 minutes to use my NuFace). LOVE the idea of using SKB with it because of all of its benefits. I like what Keliu's father said about adding sodium chloride or salt since it's the electrolites that make it an effective conductivity product! I would definitely add it to Aloe Vera Gel but doubt that it's necessary to add to SKB (just has to be salt in there)! I'm sure the conductivity gel you found on Ebay would work fine. Hope this helps![/quote]

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
You're more than welcome! Thanks for asking - I feel honored to tell you the truth! Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Sad Sad Sad

Just when I get all of this glorious advice, my NuFace breaks down on me..

Boo Hoo!!!!

Big thanks to Keliu, Winnie + Nanci...

meiling

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Scalawag,
Having read your enthusiastic post for NuFace, I notice it's dated November 24, 2006. Now, almost 18 months later, are you still enthusiastic? Please let me know, I've had salon microelectronic current treatments in the past.
Meiling

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
meiling wrote:
Dear Scalawag,
Having read your enthusiastic post for NuFace, I notice it's dated November 24, 2006. Now, almost 18 months later, are you still enthusiastic? Please let me know, I've had salon microelectronic current treatments in the past.
Meiling

Meiling, if you go back to page 17 of this thread you will see Scala is still using the Nuface. Hopefully she will read this thread and answer your question herself. Thought I would direct you to her more recent comments. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
alice54

Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I have been using my NuFace for about two weeks. I have been experiencing an allergic reaction that I cannot figure out. I have been using the toner (came with NuFace) which may be the problem. Anyway, I have a rash on my entire face Embarassed which I do not know how to treat. I also ordered some products from Cellbone that I may be allergic to also. I ordered the Super AOX moisturizer, the Collegan Mask powder, and I got samples of the Moist'Seal and Collegan Facial Cleansing Gel. I have used these products at least twice. My face itches and is rough in texture. I have stopped all of my treatments so that my skin will hopefully settle down. Help! How do I treat this rash? Confused
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Alice - you might be allergic to idebenone that is in high concentration in AOX.
alice54

Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks mpstat. This ingredient was not listed on the bottle. I hope the rash leaves soon. Any suggestion on how to clear it up fast? Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
You are right it is not idebenone, it is CoQ10. The two have similar properties. Unfortunately I do not have specific suggestions on the recovery, just wait and be gentle to your skin. I usually resort to camellia oil or Reviva DMAE serum in such situations.
alice54

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
o.k.-I guess this is not the product for me. I am considering returning the items. Do you know anything about Cellbone's return policy? If they won't take it back, it goes it the trash. I'll have to cut my loses I guess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I do not know their return policy, but you can talk to them . Also I just suspect that it might be CoQ10 that caused you troubles, discuss it with them. There are lots of people not tolerating high concentrations of CoQ10/idebenone. They might tolerate it in lower doses though.

I actually love Cellbone products and have nothing but positive to say about Cellbone. I use Collegan Facial Cleansing Gel daily and love it, also use some other products including Moist'n Seal. In case if it indeed AOX you have reaction to you still can use their other products, and return just AOX.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
alice54 wrote:
Hello everyone, I have been using my NuFace for about two weeks. I have been experiencing an allergic reaction that I cannot figure out. I have been using the toner (came with NuFace) which may be the problem. Anyway, I have a rash on my entire face Embarassed which I do not know how to treat. I also ordered some products from Cellbone that I may be allergic to also. I ordered the Super AOX moisturizer, the Collegan Mask powder, and I got samples of the Moist'Seal and Collegan Facial Cleansing Gel. I have used these products at least twice. My face itches and is rough in texture. I have stopped all of my treatments so that my skin will hopefully settle down. Help! How do I treat this rash? Confused

Alice do not use anything on your face that has any actives or fragrance. One thing I know for sure is Emu Oil is very healing. I remember my grandson's horrible diaper rash. Emu was the only thing that would bring down the inflammation.

Also stay away from makeup for awhile. Washing your face with a pure castile soap and applying nothing but Emu oil should help.

Things should settle down for you in a few days.

Quote:
Castile Soap
Because it does not leave a film, Castile soap allows your skin to carry out its natural functions such as sweating and shedding dead skin. At the same time it acts as a humectant, attracting moisture from the air, helping to keep your skin moisturized naturally. Olive oil lathers quickly with plenty of rich, creamy bubbles and produces a very hard soap that is exceptionally mild and long lasting. Castile soap is well known for its mildness and is suitable for babies and people with sensitive skin.

Quote:
Emu oilis a powerful treatment for itchy, irritated skin. If you suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or atopic dermatitis (skin irritation caused by allergies), emu-oil-based products will soothe and moisturize your irritated skin. Emu oil is strong enough to treat pesky summer bug bites, yet so gentle it can even be used to heal a baby's diaper rash.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
In a pinch, Maalox is great applied to a skin irritation anywhere. It's an antacid, and will reduce inflamation and irritation on the skin very quickly.

It's also amazing and gentle on a diaper rash..

alice54

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the excellent responses and the advice. I have been depressed all weekend about my face Crying or Very sad . I have worked so hard to get my skin on the right road and healthy. I am also a skin addict and always looking for ways to improve my appearance. I will try your suggestions and will let you know when this rash clears up. Smile

5% products discount

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
In the mean time, I think it's time to shop for a new micro-current device......

Any good results or recommendations from you guys?

Thanks.. Confused

Kassy, why don't you try the el-cheapo microcurrent gadget I bought on Ebay for $30.00. It's not a large outlay to make and you can use it whilst you sort out your Nuface problem. Who knows, you might even like it better - it also comes with an attachment for "pushing" vitamin C into the skin.

Hi, I was wondering if you could let me know the seller of the "el-cheapo" microcurrent device you bought on ebay. Is it the one from e-volution21? I was thinking of buying one, just to see how they work. I can't post a link, but the description is "Face Toning and Lifting Device.Microcurrent Stimulation
Reverses skin sagging /eyes/ neck/face/+collagen boost." It lists for US$45.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
marys235 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if you could let me know the seller of the "el-cheapo" microcurrent device you bought on ebay. Is it the one from e-volution21? I was thinking of buying one, just to see how they work. I can't post a link, but the description is "Face Toning and Lifting Device.Microcurrent Stimulation
Reverses skin sagging /eyes/ neck/face/+collagen boost." It lists for US$45.

No, this was not the one I purchased but this one looks good too. Do you know where it is made? The one I bought was from bbsalonequipment - here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microcurrent-Galvanic-Facial-Skin-Care-Salon-Massage-A_W0QQitemZ120252037377QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11862QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

However, they used to be around $25-30.00, now they're over $50.
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
For whoever has the cheap microcurrent device from ebay, do you like it? have you seen results with it?

Cindy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
cmayes71 wrote:
For whoever has the cheap microcurrent device from ebay, do you like it? have you seen results with it?

Cindy

I like my device and use it about three times a week. Can't say I've seen any fantastic lifting results though. So you could say that its probably pointless to use it. However, I don't believe in instantaneous, miraculous results - I just plod on in the hope that I will see some benefit in the future. I have lots of skin gadgets, and use them all - basically I enjoy the pampering that they provide. But my skin does continue to improve so something must be working!
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Cool thanks Smile

scalawaggirl wrote:
lillilulu wrote:
Scallawaggirl, you look FANTASTIC. I've been following your posts on other threads with the photos and your skin looks brilliant. Well done! I'm more confused than ever now though, I've been saving up for a Baby Q, or Lightstim, and now it looks like I need one of these too. I know it's hard to compare when they are both working in their own way, but which would you recommend me getting first? I'm 53, no deep lines so not too worried about them, but I'm trying to lose weight, and am worried about sagging, because although I do facial exercises, my face is plumpish and we all know what happens with weight loss, the face suddenly ages. I've seen this happen to others and am a bit concerned so which do you think would help most to prevent that?

Thanks, Lillilulu! It's certainly been a journey, let me tell you. Smile

As for the specific targets you have right now, I'd say the Nuface will help most with tightening of muscles on the face/neck. The BabyQ, which you must have noticed by following my threads, I also love (!) but it does different work for me - mainly evening out skin texture and tone and also reducing redness. It does tighten things up but not like the Nuface. So, perhaps start with one then get the other later on. They are both fantastic at-home devices.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |