Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MORE Cats In Georgia Due To Be Gassed!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Noooooooooooo! Casper and I can't bear to know these babies are due to be GASSED if they're not helped by Thursday, April 19th!!

With no disrespect to our friends & members living in Georgia, both shelters illustrated happen to be located in the same state. We've gotta help these fine "peaches", like we did last time, everyone.

I am not soliciting anyone for money, but merely asking others to repost the message to others. The more people whom know, the more people whom are able to help out Winging Cat Rescue , in their bid to get these cats to safety. The group's contact information is available below.

www.myspace.com/savethekittiesinc

http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/Supporters_of_WingingCatRescue

Thank you for caring!
Love, Kate & Casper

P.S. I love dogs too, but as a cat owner, and knowing how many more cats are killed every year, post kitty 911's. However, I DO have some links to URGENT canine situations too right now. If you'd like to see, please let me know, and I will PM the info. to you.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
OH MY GOD!!! That is horrible!!!! I didn't think that "they" still did things like that!!! My local Humane Society doesn't put any of its guests to sleep (I'm in Canada)...Geez, that is so sad. I'll be passing this along to others for sure!
puds
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Quote:
OH MY GOD!!! That is horrible!!!! I didn't think that "they" still did things like that!!!

DITTO!
Is gassing considered humane?
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Can I copy and paste your pictures and what you wrote (well parts of it) on another message board?

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
Can I copy and paste your pictures and what you wrote (well parts of it) on another message board?

Thanks for asking, but the images are not my own. I merely copied them from the bulletins which I'd received via MySpace, saved them to my Photobucket account, and pasted their URL here. The images belong to the cat rescue group which I'd previously noted, and as they're doing everything they can to help, I am certain that they don't mind others copying, contributing to the welfare of those in need.
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know whether donations are tax deductible ?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I've thought of an idea we can do to raise money! So you guys remember katescaringgifts.com , the website that generously offered a 20% discount to EDS members? Well, I was checking out their site in detail the other day (far be it from me to pass up such a good offer, lol!), and I found that they have a program where they partner with NPOs. The NPO fills out a form on their website, and then if they are approved katescaringgifts will give them a special link to use, and whenever people shop at the website after clicking on that link, KCGs will send the NPO 10% of the consumer's purchase. If we could get Winging Cat Rescue signed up for that and we all used that link whenever we bought stuff from katescaringgifts, we could raise a significant donation in no time! However, the problem is that Winging Cat Rescue is not quite an NPO yet. They are working on the paperwork, but they are too busy saving the last chance kitties to make much headway. I don't know how strict KCGs is about NPO status, but since they've been so generous with us in the past maybe they will make an exception for Winging Cat Rescue if they see that it would encourage even more people to shop at their website--- what do you guys think? Please chime in if you would support this venture or you think it's a good idea, and if need be I can show your responses to the kind people at KCGs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I've got some good news. I just made contact with Kate's Caring Gifts, and they don't mind that Winging Cat Rescue is not an official NPO yet as they are more concerned with the good work that they do. I've been communicating with Winging Cat Rescue as well, and as soon as we can get everything set up I will have a link that we can use where 10% of all our purchases at Kate's Caring Gifts will go directly to Winging Cat Rescue to save these kitties from the gas chamber. That's right--- once this deal is set up, every time you treat yourself or your friends to a Ganache for Lips (or any of the other fabulous organic goodies they sell) you will literally also be saving lives. Talk about a win-win deal! I'll keep you guys updated and let you know what I hear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
That's an EXCELLENT idea Liz!!

You guys... I posted this thread on another board, a VERY popular board and all I did was copy the pictures and your text. Saying I wasn't soliciting for money what not etc etc and explaining what was going on. The thread went crazy because of stupid GUYS saying how they hate cats and thought it was funny and all these woman where freaking out and the mods where deleting stuff.. etc etc.. the thread got DELETED in under 24 hours!

I HATE ALMOST ALL INTERNET FORUMS BESIDES THIS ONE!

And get this, there's a THREAD over there that's pages long about how some 14 year old is getting his braces off or something!?

I just don't get it Sad

I'm going to post a thread about how you can make a purchase at this store to donate to this cause though because there were quite a few people interested in what was going on. I even invited this one woman over here to follow this thread if she was interested.
I hope she joins. People don't attack each other over here ESPECIALLY over trying to save LIVES!

Hey Liz, is the fact that they're not an NPO yet have to do with why they can't join Mission Fish yet? Sad Probably huh...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
That's an EXCELLENT idea Liz!!

You guys... I posted this thread on another board, a VERY popular board and all I did was copy the pictures and your text. Saying I wasn't soliciting for money what not etc etc and explaining what was going on. The thread went crazy because of stupid GUYS saying how they hate cats and thought it was funny and all these woman where freaking out and the mods where deleting stuff.. etc etc.. the thread got DELETED in under 24 hours!

I HATE ALMOST ALL INTERNET FORUMS BESIDES THIS ONE!

And get this, there's a THREAD over there that's pages long about how some 14 year old is getting his braces off or something!?

I just don't get it Sad

I'm going to post a thread about how you can make a purchase at this store to donate to this cause though because there were quite a few people interested in what was going on. I even invited this one woman over here to follow this thread if she was interested.
I hope she joins. People don't attack each other over here ESPECIALLY over trying to save LIVES!

Hey Liz, is the fact that they're not an NPO yet have to do with why they can't join Mission Fish yet? Sad Probably huh...

PhoebesMeow, I'm so sorry you've been having a tough time, but thank you so much for helping to get the word out. I'm so happy that you like me idea! As soon as everything is worked out I will post the link here, and we can use it ourselves and pass it on to others who want to help the cause. I feel like we can really make a difference with this! XOXO, Liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Guys, I certainly applaud your efforts. I'm doing the best I can here, too. In fact, this is the reason I do what I do for a living. Sometimes it feels like trying to empty an ocean with a teaspoon.

When you pass on this info and call to action, please add that's it's very important to generously support local organizations that sponsor responsible pet ownership and emphasize the importance of effective Spay/Neuter programs!

Prevention is the key to saving lives and preventing the millions of deaths in our shelters every year. This problem is HUGE! Each year, state-by-state, millions of pets are euthanized for the "crime" of being homeless. Some have been abused and others neglected but most simply have no homes!

Each and every companion animal born in all our countries deserves a home where it can be loved and cared for.

Together we CAN make a difference!

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well my thread is back in my other forum but the reason it was taken down this morning was because the mods had to clean it all up from all the people who were attacking me for trying to save the cats. Whatever. I don't care, there's quite a few people over there who where interested in the thread.

Some people have nothing better to do with their time than write lengthy posts telling me to die? *seriously*

Not unbelievable but disgusting.

I really like this forum more and more everyday. I'm eagerly awaiting the link Liz. Very Happy[b]

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
Well my thread is back in my other forum but the reason it was taken down this morning was because the mods had to clean it all up from all the people who were attacking me for trying to save the cats. Whatever. I don't care, there's quite a few people over there who where interested in the thread.

Some people have nothing better to do with their time than write lengthy posts telling me to die? *seriously*

Not unbelievable but disgusting.

I really like this forum more and more everyday. I'm eagerly awaiting the link Liz. Very Happy[b]

Before I found this wonderful spot, I used to spend hours daily reading and posting on a horrid place where people had nothing better to do with their time than call me classless and conceited. I owe them a big thank-you, because if they weren't so mean, I'd never have left and wouldn't have found EDS!

I was going to go get hair extensions, a body wrap, and a new outfit for a concert Friday.

How shallow and stupid. I'd rather help cats!

Cats are better than people. Cats like me even if I have a saggy tummy and wear the same outfit all the time. Come to think of it, so do they! Smile

If I PM you my number will you call me and tell me where to send money?

If it's not enough, I propose all hot gals in or near Georgia meet at the watering hole closest to the House/Governor's mansion/biggest law firms. We'll flirt with political bigwigs and get incriminating video of them nibbling maraschino cherries out of ears, cleavage, etc. Nothing too naughty, but naughty enough to persuade them to pass animal rights legislation and/or donate to animal rescue funds!

I'll take the case pro bono. Have surveillance equipment, will travel to help cats!
www.denverprivateinvestigators.com That's me! And I'm only half kidding about bigwigs and video. Lawmakers pass laws all the time--why not more to help animals?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
HeatherColorado.. that's too funny about wearing the same outfit and saggy tummy! Phoebe really needs liposuction I always say!

Anyway, did you get the info yet on who to paypal the money too?

And is the link available yet for the katecaringgifts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
heres my concern on this, I had to trap and have neutered/spayed quiet a few cats in my own neighborhood, due to people just moving and leaving thier PETS behind. At the spca, its a $60-90 donation per animal to have it fixed, ect...they explained to me thats what it costs per animal...this place is using very graphic, gut wrenching adds for hundreds of dollars an animal..to save it? If you pay 300 a cat, what happens..it amazingly gets to live and the others don't. How in the world does the money save it? It still needs a home or its killed, and the amount per animal they want doesn't make any sense to me, from the info given to me at my shelter. I just even called and they said and I quote.."this is nuts and made no sense to them." One should donate to their own shelters in their own cities and adopt an animal if they could, to also never out of kindness feed strays, it creates alot more strays, its kinder to trap them and have the fixed then feed if you'd like.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to make sure, everyone understands, I am in no way shape or form advocating not helping any animal, just the opposite! But it really does start with spading/neutering, so that these babies aren't in this position, and if everyone just donated 30 bucks a month for a few months or trapped a few wild cats right outside their own doors and took in to be spaded (our humane society here does it some weekends for free or a normal fee of around 45 bucks for cats, 50 for dogs) then let the animal stay wild, it wont become tame, but it also won't be repopulating..there was a site that listed how many 2 strays create in a lifetime, the number was mild bogling...in the thousands. No shelter will ever be without need on a daily basis for the cats/dogs, they get hundreds a day!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie, I absolutely agree with you that the problem starts and stops with spaying and neutering and responsible pet ownership, which is why I'm a staunch advocate for all of the above. However, what I like about Winging Cat Rescue and why I support it is that they are working hard on both ends--- they are working spaying and neutering programs as well as rescuing the kitties that are already casualities of neglect and ignorance. The cost that is listed to save the cats in question is not arbitrary--- it's exactly what it will cost this shelter to have these cats spayed, neutered, given their shots, and then boarded until transport can be arranged to a safe, no-kill kitty haven. I am thrilled when anyone wants to support animal welfare in any way, however, I think that Winging Cat rescue is a particularly good rescue group, thus I'm only too happy to do anything I can to support them, both financially or otherwise.

And speaking of Winging Cat Rescue, no, I don't have the Kate's Caring Rescue link yet, but I hope to have it soon. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks to everyone who is helping out!!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
MelissaMarie, I absolutely agree with you that the problem starts and stops with spaying and neutering and responsible pet ownership, which is why I'm a staunch advocate for all of the above. However, what I like about Winging Cat Rescue and why I support it is that they are working hard on both ends--- they are working spaying and neutering programs as well as rescuing the kitties that are already casualities of neglect and ignorance. The cost that is listed to save the cats in question is not arbitrary--- it's exactly what it will cost this shelter to have these cats spayed, neutered, given their shots, and then boarded until transport can be arranged to a safe, no-kill kitty haven. I am thrilled when anyone wants to support animal welfare in any way, however, I think that Winging Cat rescue is a particularly good rescue group, thus I'm only too happy to do anything I can to support them, both financially or otherwise.

And speaking of Winging Cat Rescue, no, I don't have the Kate's Caring Rescue link yet, but I hope to have it soon. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks to everyone who is helping out!!^-^

well said, my bad on not realizing they then took them to different places! I am all for helping period, but also please help right outside in your very own neighborhood, its really not hard to do at all and can even be done for free, just check for the dates they do free spading and you can get free traps to catch them so you can transport them (do not try to catch on your own without a trap) at shelters!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I got an update from Susan from Winging Cat Rescue. The kittens have all been saved by generous donations (Yay for the EDS ladies!), but the adult cats' lives still hang in the balance, so please keep spreading the word! Also Susan said she completed her application for the Kate's Caring Gifts Partners in Progress program, so we should have a link soon that we can use ourselves and also pass along to our friends and family to help more kitties in the future!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi! Great News Liz!

I hope you don't mind that I copy and paste what you type into the other thread because its just easier to give the update that way. I'll credit you.. as in "An update from Liz" and paste what you wrote.

I like the trapping idea.. I've never really gotten into that stuff but at my moms I do see alot of cats. I don't think they're strays though and that's the problem! I hate how people let their cats out without collars! That really bugs me! Its like the microchip has replaced the collar. So if I start trapping cats and bringing them in the owner should KNOW to put a collar on. I firmly believe in doing this and am going to have a look into it for my mom's area. My mom's friend runs a cat rescue in IL so I'm sure she'd know about this. I need to look into it more.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I want to help and are donations to the rescue tax deductible ?
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
You guys whats going on? Does anyone know? I'm so worried and disgusted today Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Moocheez wrote:

Hi Moocheez! Unfortunately this rescue group does not have NPO status yet, so I don't believe donations are tax deductible, at least not yet. Sad PhoebesMeow, I'm worried too. I haven't heard anything new, but I'll let you know.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Moocheez wrote:

Hi Moocheez! Unfortunately this rescue group does not have NPO status yet, so I don't believe donations are tax deductible, at least not yet. Sad PhoebesMeow, I'm worried too. I haven't heard anything new, but I'll let you know.

I was worried last night, and said a little prayer for the cats before going to bed. Pray
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
So did I Caspers Mum. Sad

I hope we get an update tonight and I hope its good

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |