Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Milk of magnesia not available in Australia??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone who lives in Sydney was able to find Milk of Magnesia?? I have tried maybe more than 20 drugstores and just could not find it. Its hard to find on the internet which they will post to overseas customers. Can somebody get it for me?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
How about I will send you half my bottle. I just got it and at the rate Im going I'll be 900 years old when I finish! PM me your addy and I'll send it to you.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
its really nice of you Vonstella...Its seem relly hard to find. I dont find it heither where I live Sad can you tell me what exactly it is in french if you know ...thanks
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
katya wrote:
its really nice of you Vonstella...Its seem relly hard to find. I dont find it heither where I live Sad can you tell me what exactly it is in french if you know ...thanks

Just PM me. I'll send you some too! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
In fact Im willing to return the kindness of other EDS members and CP items that are easy to get in the US for anyone who is interested. Just Pm me! Very Happy

cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella, its so kind of you!
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I know I tried to get Milk of Magnesia about 2 months ago and discovered it was banned in Australia as a food addictive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking maybe all you ladies dont actually have indigestion...

I'd love to know what you're using this for?!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
As a makeup primer for oily skin control. Plus I have noticed that if you have blemishes it will clear them right up!

I wonder if I can send it if its banned?

Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
WOW Shock That is freaky scary stuff that M.O.M.....

Can someone tell me what the heck this would be banned for? Sometimes I am truly amazed at how stupid some govt policies are... I know I know....shouldn't be but I am Rolling Eyes
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
WOW Shock That is freaky scary stuff that M.O.M.....

Can someone tell me what the heck this would be banned for? Sometimes I am truly amazed at how stupid some govt policies are... I know I know....shouldn't be but I am Rolling Eyes

Laughing I dont know exactly what is was banned for but your right, probably something really stupid! Rolling Eyes

carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Actually, the intended purpose of MoM is NOT indigestion -- it's the laxative our grandparents used to keep "regular!!" Shock Very Happy It also happens to be the most effective makeup "mattifying" primer that I have ever tried!

You'll notice that your bottle of MoM will start to get really thick and "sludge-like" after its been opened a few months. This happens because the water in it evaporates. When you notice your's getting too thick, simply pour some distilled/bottled water into the MoM bottle and shake vigorously to make it as good as new. I've had the same bottle of MoM for nearly two years now and that's how I keep it thin and easily spreadable.

HTH,
Carrie

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Thanks Vonstella I will give you my information so I can try a bit of MoM . Ive heard a lot about that product and always wonder if it would help my oils problem.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
catski wrote:
Actually, the intended purpose of MoM is NOT indigestion -- it's the laxative our grandparents used to keep "regular!!" Shock Very Happy It

HTH,
Carrie

Very Happy ha! how funny! When I asked my grandma what it was, she said "indigestion".. a polite euphemism of hers, I guess.

Thanks for filling me in on the way you are using of it. Very creative!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
I know I tried to get Milk of Magnesia about 2 months ago and discovered it was banned in Australia as a food addictive.

Hi Ninetynine! So MOM or its generic equivalent cream of magnesia is unavailable in Australia? Darn it, and my friend wanted to try it.
playtime

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:04 am      Reply with quote
I buy my MoM from ebay but so far I've only ordered one package of 2 bottles and customs opened one of the bottles (don't know if that's normal or not), but thankfully it was cleared. I don't know what I would do if it wasn't allowed in the country. I simply can't live without my MoM.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Playtime, do you live in Australia?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I found this on the web:

http://www.mbm.net.au/health/500-585.htm

Milk of Magnesia is under 528/magnesium hydroxide.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think I will just get mine on eBay Vonstella. It seems such a hassle for you to send it from the other side of the world, since its banned and all...
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella, Carekate, how effective would you say the MOM is for combination skin? I dont think it would dry out the non-oily parts of my skin?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
cc428 wrote:
Vonstella, Carekate, how effective would you say the MOM is for combination skin? I dont think it would dry out the non-oily parts of my skin?

It wont dry you out at all, thats the best part!
If you are worried about it, just put it on your oily places. Er, that sounds weird, sorry! Laughing

cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="vonstella"][quote="cc428"]Vonstella, Carekate, how effective would you say the MOM is for combination skin? I dont think it would dry out the non-oily parts of my skin?[/quote]

It wont dry you out at all, thats the best part!
If you are worried about it, just put it on your oily places. Er, that sounds weird, sorry! Laughing[/quote]

Hahah, it sure does Vonstella! Very Happy I've just ordered a bottled on eBay, hope it'll arrive soon!!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
cc428 wrote:

Hahah, it sure does Vonstella! Very Happy I've just ordered a bottled on eBay, hope it'll arrive soon!!

Oh the wonders of EBAY! Who knew?

playtime

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Hi Playtime, do you live in Australia?
Hi Ninetynine, sorry for the delay, yes I live in Australia (Wollongong). I used to buy Milk of Magnesia here until they stopped making it. Does anyone remember the Pan Pharmaceuticals thing that happened a few years ago? I don't remember what it was about but I heard that they stopped making it because of that, I don't know if it's true or not. Anyway there was only one company that manufactured it over here and that was Sigma. I find the American one heaps better though for some reason.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to all the Aussies for the helpful answers. I am just wondering, is anyone using MOM in conjunction with Jurlique Silk Dust (or its equivalent)? Is it an overkill?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Swiss Line Cell Shock White Brightening Diamond Serum (2 x 20 ml) Dr Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisture Cushion (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |