Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)
Can you get addicted to lip balm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
swirlingblklily

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
*sigh* I don't know if I'm addicted to lip balm, but I'm definitely addicted to the feel of having lip balm on my lips. Confused
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I've been using blistex for years, my lips feel incredibly dry and parched without it. I'd love to use something more natural, but nothing I've tried so far seems to moisturise as much as I need Sad .

Me too Crying or Very sad
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have naturally dry lips and as a kid, I was always ripping the dry skin off or licking my lips... ahhh I was terrible to them now that I think about it.

After using Blistex for years and having to constantly reapply, I switched to Burts Bees (good but not the most moisturizing) and at night, Shea Butter from the tin works the best.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
swirlingblklily wrote:
*sigh* I don't know if I'm addicted to lip balm, but I'm definitely addicted to the feel of having lip balm on my lips. Confused

me too. Embarassed
polkaprincess
5% products discount

Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
omgosh i'm obssessed w/ lip balm too and have to constantly reapply..

on a side note, does anyone remember lip smackers? lol those things were sooo addicting but smelled yummy!

also, what do you suggest to someone who normally doesn't wear lipbalm but has incredibly dry lips? that way they won't have to suffer from the "quitting" of lip balm.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I was sitting on the tube yesterday next to a woman with a dry skin tag hanging off her upper lip and she kept pulling it... Embarassed
Made me feel quite ill, and I had a hard time not leaning across to her and saying "STOP IT!!"

I saw some lovely looking balms in L'Occitane yesterday, made of shea butter, pretty colours.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
polkaprincess wrote:
also, what do you suggest to someone who normally doesn't wear lipbalm but has incredibly dry lips? that way they won't have to suffer from the "quitting" of lip balm.
Use a lip product that is able to penetrate the lip tissue to hydrate from the inside out while not leaving an obvious/annoying coat of "gunk" on the lips -- such as my very own Lush Lips formula!! Very Happy PM me and I'll send you a sample of the Overnight Treatment to try. You also need to exfoliate your lips regularly to remove the dead, peeling skin, plus drink plenty of water and start taking a couple of nutritional supplements: 1) oral hyaluronic acid/collagen pills, and 2) Evening Primrose Oil capsules or a supplement high in Omega-3 fatty acids.

See this thread for more info: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15462&highlight=dry+lips

HTH,
Carrie

P.S. Seriously -- PM me for a non-addictive lip balm sample!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Polkaprincess, Carrie's lipbalm has saved my lips!!
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Hi

I find I am always putting on lip balm, my lips are never without it and when they are, they feel sore and horrible. Can you get addicted to lip balm and if so, how do you go cold turkey (scuse the pun at Christmas), I'm sure it can't be good for me?

no you can not get addicted to lip balm. dont worry Smile if your lips feel dry it will be for two reasons. 1) you havent been drinking enough water OR 2) the enviromnment you are in is very dry, ie winter and is drawing moisture from your skin. use vaseline. its the best. its cheap and very affective as it creates a seal on your lips and prevents moisture loss. now you wont have to quit Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:
sarahb wrote:
Hi

I find I am always putting on lip balm, my lips are never without it and when they are, they feel sore and horrible. Can you get addicted to lip balm and if so, how do you go cold turkey (scuse the pun at Christmas), I'm sure it can't be good for me?

no you can not get addicted to lip balm. dont worry Smile if your lips feel dry it will be for two reasons. 1) you havent been drinking enough water OR 2) the enviromnment you are in is very dry, ie winter and is drawing moisture from your skin. use vaseline. its the best. its cheap and very affective as it creates a seal on your lips and prevents moisture loss. now you wont have to quit Smile

Hmmm...methinks someone didn't read the first few posts regarding petroleum products! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Took the words right outta my mouth. I think she must have skipped right to the end. Laughing
kathy s

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Aquafor is very healing and has that nice slippery feel. During the day I just use long-last lipstick and reapply the gel a couple times.
polkaprincess
5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much carekate! i'll definately message you about that lip treatment!
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
i am crazy about lip blams and stuff too..i always have to buy a new one and see what it does..i also have pretty big lips and the bugger your lips are the more dry it gets i hurd..ne ways, i use cliniques all about lips now and i dont have to use it often at all..my lips looks very smooth now and feels velvety...hehe, one of my friends brothers told me that i had anjelina jolie lips the other day acutally!..heheh
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just got lip venon, now I really want to try some lip cream. Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 05, 2024 1:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |