Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
No, it is kinda thick - do you mean like for a night cream? I would think it would be too thick for a day cream. But I'll try it tonight.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
dear amylola and la vie,

actually the apc is even thicker] than the eyes and lips. i usually thin it out with a little oil, sometimes even some HA since it doesn't contain it.
I actually think that the apc is a better deal, since it seems to last longer than the eyes and lips. but they do in fact have similar ingredients, and apc has a higher concentration of dphp (the ingredient that tones and firms), and you can really feel it working. Here are the ingredients:
Eyes and Lips:
Ingredients:
100% Natural Derived Ingredients. Red Algae Gel Extract (Chondrus Crispus), Coco Caprylate/Caprate (Vegetable Glycerides), Olive Squalane, Glycerin, Sorbitan Olivate, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline (DPHP), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia Ternifolia), Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima), Algae Extract, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment & Saccharomyces/Manganese Ferment & Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Calendula Extract (Calendula Officinalis), Cucumber Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Capryloyl Glycine, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citrus Grandis Seed Extract, Undecylenoyl Glycin (Plant Amino Acid), Retinyl Palmitate & Erocalciferol (Vitamin A & D), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Glycine.

Advanced Protection Cream:
Ingredients:
100% Natural Derived Ingredients. Red Algae Extract (Chondrus Crispus), Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline (DPHP), Coco Caprylate/Caprate (Coconut Emolliant), Glyceride Wax, Cetearyl Glucoside (Coconut & Corn Emulsifier), Olive Squalane, Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Algae Extract, Macadamia Nut Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Capryloyl Glycin (Amino Acid), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Avocado Oil, Undecylenoyl Glycin (Amino Acid), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid), Calendula Extract, Retinyl Palmitate & Ergocalciferol (Vitamin A & D), Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopherol Phosphate (Vitamin C & E), Citrus Grandis Peel Oil, Xanthan Gum.

It actually seems to me, from the ingredients, that the eyes and lips is more emollient, but somehow the apc is more rich. It also creates a barrier on the skin--which you can feel when you wash it off, even after a full night's sleep. For that reason, I like to use nourishing oils and actives underneath it as well as not wear it every single night (I believe in letting the face breathe). But it is lovely underneath sunscreen as well! I hope that all makes sense!

la vie: that was pretty amazing how E+L instantly calmed your red!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
okay, the godess has spoken! actually, amylola, i was going to say the same thing about APC being pretty damned thick, almost balmish and it does put a bit of a film. makes me more determined than ever to get it though -- for wearing in the day. my skin is going a little mad lately and i love the idea of a protective film between the good stuff and my sunscreen. so, shut my mouth. APC might really be the way to go. it seems to kind of mattify as well and would make an excellent (not to mention good for you) primer. so, hell, splurge! and make sure you always keep your second eye and lip cream in your purse case your skin (or that of a friend) has a hissy fit Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I could not help it, I just ordered the eyes and lips! (greenfeet has it for $32!!)
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
So, Lavie has sold me on the chrysalyx, and I've sold her on the APC! If we keep on hanging out, we will both be in debt alarmingly soon.

I just wanted to let you know that I posted before and after pics of me wearing apc around my eyes--note I also pat a bit of Eluage in right before, and mixed the osea with SC hydrating b5 gel, which is basically HA:

http://makeupalley.com/account/galleries.asp?id=397905

It is pretty good stuff. At this point, I was all for the eluage/apc combo, but I've fallen out of sorts with the Eluage, which feels useless to me. Now I use Differin underneath it--same effects.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Great pics Avalange. I will have to try that combination and see how it works on my much deeper lines!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I used the eyes & lips all over my face last night, it felt great, very smooth, and kind of matte feeling. Looked good this morning too, very nice stuff. Now I truly am tempted to buy the APC. Thanks Guys!!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
osea fans --

i think I am going to order the oily skin travel set because I want to try a lot of things out, and I think the advanced protection cream may be too heavy for my acne prone skin. But since my skin is prtty dry right now, I was thinking of ordering one of the travel sizes of either the ocean cleanser or the cleansing milk to use on a daily basis and save the mud cleanser for a couple of times a week.
so do you think I should go with the ocean cleanser or the milk? My skin is all wacky right now, super dry in spots and also breaking out. I'm hoping it just needs some seaweed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
nevermind, I just bought half the damn site. I had a bad day and there is a zit on my chin IN THE MIDDLE OF A PATCH OF DRY SKIN so I say I deserve it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
waffle,

Hope the products work out for you. Sorry to heard that you had a bad day.

Did the cs emailed you back? I hope to get my samples soon and we can swap notes. I just spent 10 minutes peeling off the dead skin so I can go pick up my takeout in the rain Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
waffle,

Hope the products work out for you. Sorry to heard that you had a bad day.

Did the cs emailed you back? I hope to get my samples soon and we can swap notes. I just spent 10 minutes peeling off the dead skin so I can go pick up my takeout in the rain Sad

no, they didn't get back to me. So I demanded lots of samples in my order Laughing

let's definitely compare when we get them in. Between the reviews here and on MUA, I think at the very least it won't make us worse off. I think if this stuff can calm my skin down, then I'd be able to try some actives. Right now I'm too scared to put anything on my face besides moisturizer. New england weather is THE WORST for skin, I swear.

oh, and I think you mentioned you're prone to dermatitis -- so am I, so this will be a grand experiment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
oh, and I think you mentioned you're prone to dermatitis -- so am I, so this will be a grand experiment.

Experiment, I like that Laughing I am sporting a flaky face with 6 red bumps on forehead. I am hoping the antibiotics I took for my sinus infection is the cause of my breakouts. I took my last pill this morning. Fingers crossed...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:13 am      Reply with quote
please keep me in the loop. it will take me that much longer to get everything in paris (i couldn't make my mind up either). in the meanwhile, i think avalange is going to let me try out the Sea Mud Cleanser sooner to try and calm my skin down -- i broke out badly from trying something with shea and then stupidly forgot to wash my pillow and it just got worse. normal breakoutouts i could've handled, but these are huge honking cysts.... sigh. she's also giving me the Corrective Oil that's to be put on the suckers directly several times a day. i'll let you know if any of this helps because nothing else is! luckily, the APC did calm down and moisturise the surrounding skin so.... i hate feeling like i'm fifteen again Rolling Eyes
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
la vie - i have been using the eyes & lips on my face for the past 3 night, seems good. No breakouts or anything. I ordered the APC!! It will be here tomorrow. Last night I used the sea minerals, then the essential oil roller ball thingy, then followed with the E&L, lately my skin has been kinda dry/irritated, so I've stopped using actives or exfoliants. Hoping to replenish with the APC when it comes. I have the mud cleanser too, I like the ocean milk one better. The mud is very tingly, I beleive it has menthol in it.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
hi guys,

you all better love this line, otherwise, i'm going to be in the doghouse here!

By the way, amylola, the ocean mud doesn't have menthol in it, it just has a high concentration of essential oils in relation to the other ingredients. it completely reduced my pores the other night, and to think i never even thought to use it for that (was using bha toner, c serum, jb apple peel, etc. to no avail)...
anyways, since i've been replenished with osea, my skin is looking so good, i am very happy Smile I hope you all are, too!

and to waffle: i much prefer the cleansing milk to the ocean cleanser, just because i like cream cleansers and it really balances my skin without leaving a film... then when i want to bring out the big guns, i will use the mud.
with the mud, by the way: i know it tingles, but i remember the owner saying that it works best when you really massage your skin with it for several minutes--she even recommended using it with a cleansing brush for optimal pore cleansing. i am sure it would work great with the clarisonic, for example. i try to add water gradually and keep it on my skin for around 3-5 minutes.

the ocean cleanser is nice if you live in a polluted city in the summertime--it is also chock full of essential oils and is simultaneously nourishing and cleansing.

it is difficult to find a creamy cleanser that is both nourishing and non-filmy, and the cleansing milk is just that.

--avalange

ETA:
Quote:
Benefits/ Features:
This unique marine-based daily cleanser removes impurities while clearing up blemishes and controlling excess oil production. Red Algae, Laminaria and Green Algae, highly concentrated in minerals, trace elements, amino acids and vitamins, serve to exfoliate and purify clogged pores and remove dead cells, leaving skin smooth and invigorated. Tea Tree Oil promotes a healthy pH balance and improves skins appearance. Balanced to dry skin may use regularly as a terrific deep pore cleanser and exfoliant. May be used as a great makeup remover and shave emollient.

Ingredients: 99% Natural. Red Algae Gel, Decyl Glucoside [Vegetal Foaming Agent], Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acid, French Green Algae, Cocoglucoside and Coconut Alcohols, Sesame Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E], Multifruit Extract, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Tea Tree Oil, Xanthan Gum, Essential Oils of Lime, Cypress, Juniper, and Mint, Phenoxyethanl.

Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Avalange,

How would you compare the Osea cleansing milk to the Dr. H cleansing milk.... if you can?

I wasn't crazy about the Dr. H version, but I am now very intrigued about the Osea line!

Very Happy
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Oooh I love both the Osea cleansing milk AND the Dr. H cleansing milk - I have a love affair with cleansing milks!
Ava, great idea, I will try the mud with my clarisonic tonight! I have only used it once, I could never use it daily, but yes as a once a week cleanser.
I thought I read that it contained menthol- I don't know where - but it did not dry out my skin and that is what I look for. I cannot use any cleansers that give me that "tight" feeling. Especially now in the wintertime.
Thanks for the tip!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Oh and shawna, the osea cleansing milk does not have any scent to it at all - unlike the dr. H one which is very scented IMO.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
amylola -- are you breakout prone? i love the texture and the theory of cleansing milks, but have yet to find one that did not break me out (including Dr. H). it could be that i was never fully removing my sunscreen with it, though, so i'm game to try it for a.m. use. i'm afraid i'm completely addicted to Eve Lom for the evenings, but still searching for that perfect morning one....
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
La vie, yes I consider myself to be breakout prone, but I use a cleansing oil first, before the cleansing milk in the evening, and then in the morning, just the cleansing milk.
I find that I break out the most if my skin is dry or irritated from too many actives, so for me I need the cleansing milk to keep my skin from drying out.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
So, Lavie has sold me on the chrysalyx, and I've sold her on the APC! If we keep on hanging out, we will both be in debt alarmingly soon.

I just wanted to let you know that I posted before and after pics of me wearing apc around my eyes--note I also pat a bit of Eluage in right before, and mixed the osea with SC hydrating b5 gel, which is basically HA:

http://makeupalley.com/account/galleries.asp?id=397905

It is pretty good stuff. At this point, I was all for the eluage/apc combo, but I've fallen out of sorts with the Eluage, which feels useless to me. Now I use Differin underneath it--same effects.

--avalange

avalange, pretty pictures! I an a MUAer too Wink Osea sounds pretty good. I plan to try the eye and lip, and APC to use during the day.

Thanks for sharing Smile
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Amylola, thanks! I think when I was using the Dr. H cleansing milk it felt like my skin was left with a dullness/coating on the top layer. I am all for mild cleansers, and I don't really need a make-up remover, so maybe I'll give this a go.

I wonder if I should try one of their other cleanser instead. Hmmmm.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Amylola, thanks! I think when I was using the Dr. H cleansing milk it felt like my skin was left with a dullness/coating on the top layer. I am all for mild cleansers, and I don't really need a make-up remover, so maybe I'll give this a go.

I wonder if I should try one of their other cleanser instead. Hmmmm.

Hi Shawna!

the osea cleansing milk leaves no film whatsoever. it is definitely the most gentle of the three. the ocean cleanser is more of a cleansing gel--it smells very citrusy and is invigorating to the skin. i prefer it for summer. I just love the gentleness of the cleansing milk--it removes all of my makeup, too. If it helps. my boyfriend loves the ocean cleanser and the mud, and he would never even think of using the milk. the milk is a 'girly' cleanser. paired with the mud, you have all the cleansers you need, since the mud is very active and exfoliating.

--avalange

waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
well I got all 3 cleansers (small size) so I will definitely be able to give an opinion next week. I figure it's worth it becuse my skin can go from unbelievably dry and scaly to fairly oily in the t-zone depending on the climate. I honestly think the milk will be for winter, the oean cleanser for my combo skin in fall and spring, and the mud for my summer skin (I live in a VERY hot summer climate and need something powerful for the extra oil and sunscreen).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Avalange and waffle!

Waffle, I can't wait to hear what you think of all three cleansers. I love this idea of having more than one cleanser. It makes perfect sense. I don't know why on earth it didn't occur to me before! Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |