Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)
Regimen reco's for (almost) 50 y.o. woman?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
kfx216
5% products discount

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

After always looking young for my age, I have aged rapidly during my 40s. I had reddish hair and light skin that burns, freckles and eventually tans. Thanks to sun damage (I've had several skin cancers removed over the past 10 years) and stress, I have facial wrinkles and sagging (I feel like in another 10 years my once-wide eyes will be complete slits) and would also like to treat my hands (thin, wrinkly skin), neck and chest. In all though, my skin doesn't look as bad as it should, but I am at the tipping point.

I have young kids and a business to run, so I need a regimen that I can stick with; e.g., doesn't take too much time. A couple of years ago I bought a few lower-cost devices that I haven't used, but now being single may give me the motivation to follow through.

I'm ready to invest in a device(s) if I will see results (I know, as everyone does). My preference is for "green" products vs. slathering on a lot of toxins no matter how much they may help.

I've poured over this site for the past two days and have a few things that I think might work, but any advice on where I will get the most bang for the buck (and time) will be most appreciated. Thanks for reading so far!!

What I have:

1) Clairsonic - I bought this last year and stopped after 3 weeks when I didn't see any difference. Is there a "correct" way to use it?

2) Microneedle roller (1.5 mm) - definitely going to start doing this. Any non-toxic numbing cream suggestions?

3) Facial Flex Ultra

4) Glycolic Peel/35 - never used this and frankly am a little scared to!

5) Face Neoteric FS-153 - this seems to do what the Eye Zone will do, but will the results be worth the time?

6) Pretika LightSonic - not even sold anymore!

I'm interested in:

1) RF, like the Tripollar Stop, but wondering if something else would be better and/or cheaper.

2) Microdermabrasion - first, will it help and second, what's the diff between diamond tip, higher or lower cost and/or D'arsonval?

3) Environ products - completely interested thanks to that one video of Dr. Des Smile.

4) How does the Philips ReAura fit into the mix? Although I'm in the US and really have no idea what this costs, I'm swayed toward it because I have a Philips light box I really like. Is it worth it (vs. the other tools) or just meh?

Thanks all for any suggestions!!
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello
We are a similar age. I haven't tried the reaura but its the one thing I would buy if I could! If you check out the thread I think you will see it has met with approval. Most people seem to use that or the dermaroller but I think at least one has done both (some people numb the area before dermarolling with cold ice packs by the way, rather than cream)
I have a tripollar stop and it did nothing for me. But from what I have read different people have different reactions to this.
I would be cautious about trying several things at once - if you get a good result or a bad reaction it may be difficult to know which item was responsible. If you have particular concerns you can use the search function (though googling eds forum + your topic sometimes works better than the in eds search function)
I don't know much about the other things you mentioned but you do say you have some sagging-have you looked at facial exercises? Again there are several threads about the different programmes. There is so much information on here, I sat with several cups of tea and read and read in the evenings! Have fun!
Ps I have just seen you have a facial flex-is that the device you put in your mouth? If so that isn't what I meant by facial exercises- the main ones mentioned on here are Carolyn's Facial Fitness, Carole Maggios Facercise, Tom Heggarty, Flex Effect and Ageless (sorry if I've forgotten any!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I was reading up on dry brushing and found this rather useful link
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=474344#474344

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Sjal Bio-Reneratif Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |