Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do vitamin K creams work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark circles under my eyes because the veins shine through the skin there, and vitamin K is supposed to help with that. I'm a bit sceptic though. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with vitamin K creams? I'm thinking of trying either the Vita-K solution cream or the Skin Doctors Circle Clear eye cream.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
A few years ago I used an OTC vitamin K product and I didn't notice a thing.

I don't think retrinaldehyde and retinols are made for dark circles ... but mine have certainly lessened - to the point where only one side is detectable.

5% products discount

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I was always curious about those vit. K creams also. I actually just ordered PTR rescue K under eye cream. Hope its good.-Melissa
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
i used donell super skin k-derm cream.
it is a yellow colored cream,rich but never clog and broke out.
i purchase it for dark circle
it's ok for everything except that it turns yellower in the afternoon.
two yellow circles
i want my red circles back.
it's more natural for my skin tone. Crying or Very sad
Odile
5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Glad I read this thread..I was going to look at Donell SuperSkin, I won't bother....Yellow circles!!! ugh
Thanks!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
i think it only could cause allergic Neutral
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

There is a thread about PTR Eye cream:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16161&highlight=knox+gelatin

In the above thread, it is noted that the DIY recipe is much higher in Vit K, and a HELLUVA lot cheaper. You might want to check it out (below). The author of the recipe admits to a typo that caused some people to have a bad experience with it. It is a mask that was used in a spa as a one-off eye de-puffer:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14446&highlight=gelatine

I am definetly glad i saw this thread. I too, was curious about vit K for under eye circles. After all the partying i did over xmas, i decided to try the vita-k cream some of you mentionned, as a cheaper drugstore brand alternative to some of the more $$ out there, as all i wanted was the vit K. Well........

I noticed that on the Vita-k box, nowhere are the ingredients listed!!? I thought this was illegal in Canada. Anyway, i googled the company after i bought it to request an ingredient list. After a few tries, i got a response, which i posted below.

I stopped using the Vita-K as it was causing my eyes to burn. I can't return it, as i lost my receipt, but I am not happy with it. I will continue to use the DIY mask, and my current eye cream. Good luck everyone!

---------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006
To: Donna Johnson
Subject: question

hello,
I have just purchased Vita-K solution for dark circles under eyes, and i was just curious was the complete list of ingredients was. It isn't listed on the outside of the package, nor was it found on the inside. It is also not on your website.

Please send me the list of ingredients, and also please let me know what percentage of vitamin K is found in this product.

thank you, happy new year,
stephanie
vancouver bc canada

Subject: RE: question
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:51:18 -0800
From: "Donna Johnson" <Donna@woodridgelab.com> Add to Address Book

I will forward you the ingredients. We do not give out percentages of our ingredients. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience. Please use the product everyday, twice per day, and allow at least 4-6 weeks to BEGIN to see an improvement! Thank you for your purchase!

Donna Johnson
Customer Service

Ingredients: Water, Carbomer, Glycerin, Phytonadione (vit K), Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Acrylate/C10-30, Alkyl Acrylate crosspolymer, Silica, Mica, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Judging by its position in the list AND assuming they have listed everything correctly in order of highest concentration down to lowest concentration, the Vit.K concentration would be between 1% to 5%.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I used to have really bad under eye circles, but do not anymore... I am not sure how I finally got rid of them it was so long ago.

Now I do occasionally have some darkness under my eyes and when I notice it I reach for my Illumineyes serum, which has rice bran protein, which I believe is the effective ingredient in lightening the circles.

Here is the ingredients:

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis, Hyaluronic Acid, Rice Bran Protein, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Oxido Reductases, Algae Extract Pullulan, Proplylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Psuedoalteramonis Ferment Extract (Antarcticine), Cucumis Sativis Fruit Extract, Polyquaternium 7, Diazolidnyl, Urea

I have heard a lot of good things about Vitamin K as well, and would definitely try the DIY spa treatment with the updated recipe.

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
i trie vit k cream that i got from the derm office for a while. i did not see any improvement on my dark circles. but then again, my dark circles are asthma-allergy related... so i might not be able to get rid of em.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I think vitamin K is good for reduce dark circle around your eyes. I never used it but some of my frieds said it works.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Gehwol Gerlavit Moor Vitamin Cream - Facial Care (75 ml / 2.6 oz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |