Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C and Apple experiment w/pictures
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Ok, So I had read here on the forum about someone putting vit. C serum on an apple and that it slows down the "aging" of the apple, the browning of it. I decided to do alittle experiment. You will see numbers next to the apple pieces, these refer to:
1 - Candessence C, E Ferulic
2 - Candessence Triple C
3 - PSF Vitamin C serum 12%
4 - Nothing

First pic is 2 hours after I put the serums on the apples:

Next is about 12 hours after:

And, 24 hours after:

Then the last pic at 36 hours after:

I don't know if you can tell but the best looking piece is #1 Candessence C,E Ferulic, the one I use everyday!!! Yeah!!
Although all 3 of the pieces did look good!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Great experiment! and fab you posted your results!!!!

I'm collecting my ferulic - c from Candessence at the postoffice tomorrow...and it def looks like I chose the right one Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I know Ruth, its great! And also probably one of the cheapest C serums out there!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm amazed the experiment worked out so well - that it's so obvious it works!!!!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Fantastic experiment amylola Exclamation Candy should use your experiment on her site - it's the best advertising! I just added it to my must buy list - thanks so much Smile
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Oh amazing experiment...I really want to try the first product.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I only wish I would have had one of the more expensive C serums, like skinceuticals, or Cellex-C to test along with it. But I didnt!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh--that's so smart! I love seeing the very visible results you got. I'm now doubly glad I ordered a sample of Candy's c-serums.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
amylola!
Thanks - nice to see the differences - when I posted about putting Vit C serum on an apple I know a couple of people said any topical would have an effect, while I think that is true to some extent (in the shorter term)this experiment shows that a good Vit C serum can be really effective over a long period of time!
Felt a bit of a weirdo when I posted - I mean how many people test skincare on fruit?! Laughing Glad its not just me!!!LOL! Laughing

Great to see the Vit C & Ferulic had such good results! (I'm using a VitC&Ferulic from Skincarecentral made by GOW so I hope its as good!)

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the interesting results. Can't wait to try Candy's c-serums soon. Now I really wonder how Super Serum compares to Candy's Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I know i felt kinda silly doing it, my kids kept trying to eat the apples, and I was like "NO dont touch those!! Laughing Guess I have a little too much time on my hands!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Great job Amylola. Which of the C and Ferulic do you have, the 10 or 20%? I have the Triple C and I love how radiant it makes the skin appear. Do you feel you get that from the one you use?

TIA,
kimberly
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing amylola. Interesting about CEF versus Triple C - it just confirms what a few knowledgeable people have been saying; that ferulic acid stabilizes L-Ascorbic Acid and thus extends its free radical scavenging functions for a relatively longer period of time.

The Triple C serum would contain a lot more Vitamin C than the CEF serum, but its free radical scavenging fades more quickly when exposed to air.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
kimberly - i have the 10% - I use the 10% then after that I use the Triple C. I've only been using them about 2 weeks or so. I am def. noticing a more even tone, I have also been using the Daisy serum from GOW. I am very happy w/the results.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
amylola - how are you incorporating the vit c with the daisy serum from GOW? Do you use 1 in the morning and the other at night? That was a great experiment. I have IS Super Serum and Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic. I think I will try that experiment with those 2 products!
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
amylola - how are you incorporating the vit c with the daisy serum from GOW? Do you use 1 in the morning and the other at night? That was a great experiment. I have IS Super Serum and Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic. I think I will try that experiment with those 2 products!

i like how this is making us play with apples. Laughing Laughing
COMPTON
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, i'm a little skeptical that the results were better than triple C.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have the urge to run out and buy myself a bag of apples...not to eat of course Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl - I use the CE serum then wait a few minutes, use the triple C, then wait about 10 minutes, and use the daisy serum.
Also, if you look at the pics you will notice that all 3 pieces of apple did not turn brown, they all stayed pretty good, just the first one was the most fresh looking. But only by a smidge!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
very interesting experiment! I would of course do a few more trials to determine ultimately since the amount applied on each slice could vary as well as other factors....

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
COMPTON wrote:
Hmm, i'm a little skeptical that the results were better than triple C.

It's the ferulic acid. Just google "ferulic acid" and "Vitamin C".
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
well I put 2 squirts on each piece.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks amylola. Yes, nyonyakay - my son will get a big kick out of me buying an apple to "play" with!
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks amylola. Yes, nyonyakay - my son will get a big kick out of me buying an apple to "play" with!

Well, it's only fair that mummy has her own toys, right? Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, and my "toys" are a lot cheaper than his! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Dr Hauschka Night Serum (20 ml) Go Smile On The Go Sonic Blue Smart Brush Whitening Kit - White

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |