Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
looking for mecca
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jumbuster
5% products discount

Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I m a 40 y.o. newbie and stumbled onto this site, which is just great! Having just turned 40 this year, skincare has been top of my list. My dream has always been smooth glowing skin with tight/small pores. My skin isn't bad looking but not quite the mecca i desire. I was just at the Murad stall the other day and the aesthecian said: fine lines,large pores, some pigmentation/discoloration. He recommended a Vit c facial which I shall be trying tomorrow. My current regimen is:

AM
Cetaphil cleanser ( although have been trying this tomato soap for the past 3 weeks)
Glycolic acid toner( from my derma)
Skinceuticals Vit C15% serum
Murad Essential C eye cream with SPF
Neutrogena SPF 30 moisturizer
PM
same cleanser
Glycolic acid toner( from my derma)
alternating Retin A and AHA

once or twice a week, I put on this ginseng mask which is supposed to be anti wrinkle (its quite relaxing and makes my skin feel nice). Other times,I do natural mixes like mashed papaya on my face folowed by just splashing fresh milk.

I ve been wondering if I use too much acids on my face? Will this thin out my skin? Any suggestion will be much appreciated as I am in search for the perfect skin! Very Happy
Mabsy

Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jumbuster wave

Well, I might leave the AHA/RetinA bit to ladies here that have had more experience with it than me, but I do have a question for you. Two actually Smile

First, what is the strength of the AHA products you use? And, second, seeing as you use vit C and AHAs (both of which tend to dry out the skin) are you finding that your skin is on the dry side? I guess it depends on the person but I have combo skin and I need to use an additional product on top of it before my moisturiser goes on. So are the fine lines perhaps just dehydration lines?

My 2 cents, for what it's worth, would be that in terms of using Vit C, AHAs and SPF you're definitely doing the right thing. But both AHAs and RetinA thin out the outer layer of the skin. I've read conflicting reports of over-thinning the skin; but I have read that many derms do not recommend the use of RetinA to pale skinned women who are under 30 due to the thinning action of RetinA. Not sure how correct this info is though, sorry.
jumbuster
5% products discount

Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I am so happy you replied! the AHA is a prescription from the derma I see once in a while so I'm not so sure of the strength--i ll check tomorrow. And yes I do feel that the combination of all these products are making me feel dry. I was actually getting worried that my skin is thinning out with this regimen. I've been using Retin A since I was 28 and no problems. The addition of the glycolic toner, vit C and AHA are new, just last year. The idea was to brighten my skin.

By the way, I am Asian living in the tropics. I have normal-oily skin (more oily on the Tzone).

Actually, I just came from a facial done by the Dermalogica people today--it was great! The aesthetician said my skin is pretty good for my age,the fine lines seem due to dehydration but she was also concerned about the AHA/ Retin A regimen as she thought the skin over my cheeks thinner. She suggested applying moisturizer AFTER the use of the Retin A / AHA once absorbed. What do you think of that?

As an aside, the dermalogica facial was really a treat. She used several products on me like the multivitamin power recovery masque on my cheeks and the skin refining masque on my Tzone. I was so pleased by the results, I ended up a buying a bunch of products right after the facial. Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jumbuster,

Again, I'm not sure about moituriser over RetinA but I would definitely use it over the AHA. Whenever I use vit C or AHA stuff I tend to use something like the Skinceuticals B5 gel afterwards and then put on moisturiser on top of that still.

It might be a good idea to buy yourself a nice moisturising mask to use once or twice a week as well.

I know what you mean about the multivitamin power recovery masque - I really like that one (though it does look kinda weird while it's on Smile).

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 25, 2024 4:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |