Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
bethany wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:
ok great I will get the pills and the Vitamin C for the skin. Do you know where I can buy vitamin C serum/Liquid and when do I apply it?

Now I do want to save the 1.5 for intense rolls. Maybe once every 2 weeks. So therefore you are saying use the .25mm in between the intense rolls?

Here is a thread on Vit C that should have some sources for you. You will apply it once a day, or at least every other day for at least 3 weeks after you stop rolling.

You can use the .25mm in between longer needle rolls, but more gently...you only need to puncture the skin for it to be effective.

Do I have to use CP's as well? I hear alot of people talk about this but then again I also read that Vitamin A & C are enough. I just want to use whats best for my stretchmarks w/o using tons of creams.

Why not skip CPs for the moment...once you use up your other stuff, you can try CP's if you haven't seen enough improvement yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I'm taking the conservative route. I have a .25mm and a 1.5mm. Reading chinachatters' tale scared me a little! I'm doing the 1.5mm on its own every fortnight, (3 more to go with the 1.5mm as I felt I wasn't very thorough before I bought pain relief!). I'll do the .25mm once a week thereafter.

My skin still gets upset using the .25mm, inflamed and red, stinging, some blood spots, though I don't have the pain that I soothe with Benzocaine after a 1.5mm session! If I didn't put it on I wouldn't get any sleep! Surprised

Isn't it amazing how some of us get such strong reactions with the short needles? I'm glad to know that I am not the only one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I always use Retin A 2-3x a week, on my face when rolling.

I decided to use the .15mm baby roller 3x a week, and applied the Retin-A after I rolled each time. However, I underestimated the impact of increasing the rolling/Retin-A combo to more than once a week, and ended up having a VERY bad reaction (extreme redness, histamine bumps, itching, etc.). Embarassed

Based on how bad I look today 3 days after I last rolled), I anticipate that it will take closer to 2 weeks before I am back to normal again. Sad

Wow! Thanks for the head's up on the RetinA/roller combo, bethany. I might have done just that.

I actually recieved my Dr. Roller 1.5 in the mail today! (Took forever, tho)

I think I still need to order some topical numbing agent - what one is good?

I may or may/not wait til that comes in to try the roller, but I don't think I'll try tonight. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try to numbing cream too but Im wondering If I can take the pain w/o it Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
bethany wrote:
I always use Retin A 2-3x a week, on my face when rolling.

I decided to use the .15mm baby roller 3x a week, and applied the Retin-A after I rolled each time. However, I underestimated the impact of increasing the rolling/Retin-A combo to more than once a week, and ended up having a VERY bad reaction (extreme redness, histamine bumps, itching, etc.). Embarassed

Based on how bad I look today 3 days after I last rolled), I anticipate that it will take closer to 2 weeks before I am back to normal again. Sad

Wow! Thanks for the head's up on the RetinA/roller combo, bethany. I might have done just that.

I actually recieved my Dr. Roller 1.5 in the mail today! (Took forever, tho)

I think I still need to order some topical numbing agent - what one is good?

I may or may/not wait til that comes in to try the roller, but I don't think I'll try tonight. Wink

Foxe, many people can roll and then apply Retin-A...I just don't happen to be one of them!

Where did you buy your roller that such such a long time to ship?

Regarding numbing agents...I tried a product called Super T, and found it to be messy and lumpy, plus I had a reaction to one of the ingredients. Confused The best one I have found thus far is the 10% lidocaine "Climax Spray" from alldaychemist.

However, if you do not have sensitive skin, the Bactine Pain Relieving Cleansing Spray may be good enough....it is also good for disinfecting before and after a roll.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Foxe, many people can roll and then apply Retin-A...I just don't happen to be one of them!

Where did you buy your roller that such such a long time to ship?

I got mine from the link suggested in the 'Discounted DermaRoller' thread - it's from EU and Kaia said it would take 10 days (took about 13). mailto:kaia@dr-roller.eu

[/quote] Regarding numbing agents...I tried a product called Super T, and found it to be messy and lumpy, plus I had a reaction to one of the ingredients. Confused The best one I have found thus far is the 10% lidocaine "Climax Spray" from alldaychemist.

However, if you do not have sensitive skin, the Bactine Pain Relieving Cleansing Spray may be good enough....it is also good for disinfecting before and after a roll.[/quote]

Your numbing agent isn't the one I would like to try. There's another one out there that's been mentioned. Does anyone else have a clue?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Never mind about the numbing gel - I found the answer myself. Wow! did I get lucky on that one. Found it on pg 22 (2nd page I searched)

Scottlass has a good post about Tridocaine Gel that she got from Canadian Drug Superstore. You dont have to cover it w/ saran wrap like the Elma, nor have to wait an hour like the Elma either (wait time of 15 mins). I worry about my oily skin - so not sure I even want to try any of these numbing agents.

Think I might try the ice first, but still (in the back of my mind) would like to order this stuff so I can do a better job (little bit of a wimp here Embarassed )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Think I might try the ice first, but still (in the back of my mind) would like to order this stuff so I can do a better job (little bit of a wimp here Embarassed )

You are absolutely correct about being able to do a better job if you are numb!!

The more intense your roll is, the better results you will see down the road. I look at that as smart vs. wimpy. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
If you use a numbing gel...is there a chance you might go too hard???
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have the brown plastic dermarollers? I seen these on ebay for very cheap and wonder if they work as good. The seller giftstoyourdoor claims it is a good dermaroller compared to the Dr. Roller and the price. The .25 is only $19.95 and the 1.5 is $44.95. Anyone think I should give it a try?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
If you use a numbing gel...is there a chance you might go too hard???

I think one does have to use common sense...we are rolling our skin vs. resurfacing a road! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thyckecutie wrote:
Does anyone have the brown plastic dermarollers? I seen these on ebay for very cheap and wonder if they work as good. The seller giftstoyourdoor claims it is a good dermaroller compared to the Dr. Roller and the price. The .25 is only $19.95 and the 1.5 is $44.95. Anyone think I should give it a try?

I have heard a couple of people say that they received sub par rollers from some ebay sellers...the needles were not all the same length, some needles were bent, etc.

Just be sure that you look at the feedback before buying, and closely inspect any roller before using.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I used my .5 mm last night and I really noticed today that my skin looked bad. Very wrinkly looking. I was going to use the .5 about twice a week just for product penetration, but after seeing my skin today, I think I need to use is way less frequently. This is curious because when I was doing the weekly 1 mm rolls, I never had this wrinkly looking skin after the roll.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I used my .5 mm last night and I really noticed today that my skin looked bad. Very wrinkly looking. I was going to use the .5 about twice a week just for product penetration, but after seeing my skin today, I think I need to use is way less frequently. This is curious because when I was doing the weekly 1 mm rolls, I never had this wrinkly looking skin after the roll.

I think it comes down to the level of inflammation...the more trauma, the more taught my skin looks the next day. But when the inflammation starts receeding, my skin looks a little wrinkled and loose...exactly how my hands look at the moment! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, how long do your hands look wrinkled for? Do you wait until they look "normal" before you roll again? I am thinking of just doing a light roll every 7-10 days, instead of twice a week.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Bethany, how long do your hands look wrinkled for? Do you wait until they look "normal" before you roll again? I am thinking of just doing a light roll every 7-10 days, instead of twice a week.

When I was using the .5mm amd 1.0mm on my hands, they would look wrinkled for up to 3 weeks later. Shock However, they would look good for the first week due to the increased inflammation.

I just did a .15mm roll followed by Retin-A on my hands on 8/2, and they looked fine up until today (8/7)....now they are looking wrinkly again, and I anticipate it will last at least another week. Then the micro-inflammation will completely subside and it will all tighten back up again. Rolling Eyes

At this point, I am not planning on rolling any more frequently than every 2-3 weeks, no matter what size the needles are.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if these are good for tightning the under eye area and dark circles?
Thyckecutie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ordered from dermaroller . us? Are they plastic or metal. I see 2 different colors/styles on there website and wondering what the differnce is.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bethany. Interesting that your skin looks good afterwards and the wrinkly look doesn't hit you for around 5ish days. I never really had that reaction until this time. Maybe it has taken this long to start doing something for me. But, I had the wrinkly look the next day, so I am not sure. Today, my skin does not look quite as wrinkly, but it does not look "normal" yet. I have also noticed today that I am having some flaking going on above my upper lip.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thychecutie - I have ordered from Dermarollers.us and these are of good quality, however, the same product is offered by ebay seller ***auctionx*** . I have purchased from him and from Jack, who sells the Dr. Roller. I'm happy with both, but like the Dr. Roller best.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:55 am      Reply with quote
just did my first treatment and its 5 days later w/1.5. I don't see much difference. Does anyone have good experiences on the belly area for stretch marks and skin tightening..how many treatments and how far apart.?
i'd appreciate any experiences. thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
kimber7 wrote:
just did my first treatment and its 5 days later w/1.5. I don't see much difference. Does anyone have good experiences on the belly area for stretch marks and skin tightening..how many treatments and how far apart.?
i'd appreciate any experiences. thanks

Kimber, NO treatment will show improvement in 5 days, including the dermaroller. As the articles I shared explain, it takes at least 6 months for skin to remodel.

This is a multi step process...you have to break up the scar tissue bundles with the roller, and begin the wound healing cascade that sets the new collagen development in motion. Then the collagen starts to develop, and takes 8-12 months to mature.

Start reading on page 34 of this thread and you will see Catski's comments about using the roller on her stretchmarks and the process she used.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Is there anything you can buy in walmart or something that can help with numbness. It seems like numbing creams are expensive and Im going to be doing large areas of my body
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Girls,

This topic becomes monstrous Shock . I'm trying to read it from the beginning to the end, but then I forget why I started to read it at all. Laughing
So, forgive me , if you already discussed it (I think you did, just want your confirmation).
Can I use Baby Q after DermaRoller? What actives are good after rolling. As I wrote in another post - after Dermaroller plus Retin A my skin became crazy. I wanna to avoid it (it's not Halloween yet to scare people Razz )

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I use the 1.5mm roller. The day after a roll, my skin, face and hands, is plump. But, in 3-5 days, I'm all wrinkly, especially my hands. Crying or Very sad

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |