Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
P girl

i was just wondering how many tubes of Retin A you go through.i have the generic

Tretinoin cream 0.025% .45g

and i assume my insurance should pay for one a month.is that enough or should i buy more from ADC?
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this board.I definitely appreciate all the information I get from all of you.I know Ive probably said it before but it's so nice that everyone here's so helpful & nice.Believe me its not like that on every thread lol.its very much appreciated.
ace243
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
P girl-
you mentioned what dose you are taking in the other vitamins except the Biosil.

is this similar to what your talking about?

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/?itemKey=62992&utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=NatrolBioSilAdvancedCollagenGenerator30ml&utm_content=62992&utm_campaign=pricegrabber&site=pricegrabber.com
sunfood

Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
what needle length is best for tiny crow's feet. is it a good idea to buy two- one 0.5 mm for cream /serum/ oil penetration and one 1,5 mm for collagen repair? any suggestions? thanks
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
ace243 wrote:
P girl-
you mentioned what dose you are taking in the other vitamins except the Biosil.

is this similar to what your talking about?

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/?itemKey=62992&utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=NatrolBioSilAdvancedCollagenGenerator30ml&utm_content=62992&utm_campaign=pricegrabber&site=pricegrabber.com

Biosil is 5 drops 2 times a day. I have the lquid form. the pill form i'm not sure of

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I just got back from vacation. but on here seems like i've been gone for weeks. more new ppl and more info.

I was wondering. can i roll anytime of day or does it have to be at night?
also how long does it take for Jack to send the derma roller? I paid for it last week and still waiting.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
I've read that it is good to take a shower for 15 mins after rolling to clean and start the healing process. Is that when products should be applied to the skin-- after the shower?

Thanks.

Yes. It's best because you have to clean the area first. Not only that,if you apply it before and you know you have to shower then you will wash off the products your skin needs to regenerate.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I'm new here. I just want to say I am sooo happy this board exists!

I have just started using a dermaroller for my stretch marks. They are from pregnancy and pretty severe.
Ella's mommy, I think somewhere you posted that your marks are kind of in a "()" shape around your belly button? That's exactly what mine are like, and they creep down over my hips and onto the tops of my thighs, also up on the sides onto my ribcage. They are also on my chest, inner thighs and the backs of my knees.
I'm using- a 2mm roller(I plan on getting a Dr.Roller with shorter needles as soon as I can afford it) LAA spray, Retin A, body brush,taking 3000mg of MSM and 1000mg of Vit C daily.
I did my first real roll last night, I had tried it once before on my chest before I knew of all the topicals I should be using. The first time I thought I was pressing hard enough, it wasn't terribly painful I had only 3 or 4 spots of blood, and the redness only lasted a few hours and my marks did seem to improve a little (possibly because of swelling).
It's been about a month and this time, I had been using my Vit C spray and dry brushing for about two weeks before I rolled. I did my chest and the top and inner parts of my right thigh. This time I had a lot of blood spots and a lot of redness and swelling, it is still very red and kind of bumpy.

My questions are- Do the blood spots,swelling and redness mean I was pressing hard enough, or is the redness from the Retin A?
My marks are still white, should they be red also?
How long should I wait to use emu oil (if at all, I know it will reduce swelling.)or would it lessen the effect of Retin and Vit C?

I'm sure I will have a lot more questions, but this post was long enough! Sorry about that Laughing
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mamastarr3

yeah, that means you were pressing hard enough. normally when i roll i pull the skin. to me it makes it easier for me to get to the marks, because of that my marks turn red afterwards too.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ella's Mommy wrote:
Mamastarr3

yeah, that means you were pressing hard enough. normally when i roll i pull the skin. to me it makes it easier for me to get to the marks, because of that my marks turn red afterwards too.

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad I was pressing hard enough, I don't think I could have pressed much harder without passing out Laughing

Are you seeing any improvements in your stretch marks?
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I did my 1st hard roll today. but i still haven't gotten my 1.5 from jack yet so i been using my 1mm. but before that i was using it lightly. only enough for my skin to absorb aloe vera gel. that was working out but moving too slowly i guess. the aloe has vit a, c, e in it (the 98% aloe) so im glad i can now start using the vit a i got from ADC

5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I see. Well hopefully it all works out!

Aloe sounds nice, Retin A is making my skin all dry and scaly. I wonder if I could use aloe on top of Retin for moisture.
Ella's Mommy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
i have read a lot of ppl saying that about the retin A, but it hasn't done that to me so far

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
When I rolled for the first time I just used ice and it did hurt, but it wasn't horrible pain. And after watching some youtube videos on dermarolling I know I pressed a lot harder than perhaps I should have. I used tazorac after and peeled like crazy the next few days. This really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. With some emla I'm not going to mind it at all.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested to get a derma roller, but I just start OBAGI, anyone can tell me if it is OK to use together? And what is the correct procedure?
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I am very interested to get a derma roller, but I just start OBAGI, anyone can tell me if it is OK to use together? And what is the correct procedure?

No! Nononononononoooo!

You should NOT use the dermaroller with Obagi, or whenever your skin is inflamed or irritated. And with Obagi, it will be very irritated (if you're talking about the NuDerm program). Plus, you're not supposed to use Retin-A in conjunction with the rolling, but it is an essential part of the NuDerm system. So I would advise against it (and I have experience with both). Wait until you are on maintenance with Obagi before starting a dermaroller program.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
critic wrote:

No! Nononononononoooo!

You should NOT use the dermaroller with Obagi, or whenever your skin is inflamed or irritated. And with Obagi, it will be very irritated (if you're talking about the NuDerm program). Plus, you're not supposed to use Retin-A in conjunction with the rolling, but it is an essential part of the NuDerm system. So I would advise against it (and I have experience with both). Wait until you are on maintenance with Obagi before starting a dermaroller program.

I know absolutely nothing about Obagi, but MANY, if not most, of us use Retin-A while rolling.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
how do you use the retin-a. after rolling or during. do you use it 1.5 mm needle?
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:

I know absolutely nothing about Obagi, but MANY, if not most, of us use Retin-A while rolling.

The medical protocol recommends use of Retin-A during a 3 week preparation period prior to rolling. Immediately after rolling, however, a milder form of Vit. A is recommended; the same goes for topically applied Vit. C. This post-treatment protocol is discussed on sites cited extensively earlier in the thread. People are, of course, free to deviate from the recommended protocol although I do not see why they would wish to do so. Different strokes, I guess.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Do you choose either retin-a or vit c or both. And if you do both do you do retin-a at night and vit c in the morning. is there a specific brand of vitamin c or can i go with a natural c-serum? do yo uapply anything during or directly after rolling?
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
sunfood wrote:
Do you choose either retin-a or vit c or both. And if you do both do you do retin-a at night and vit c in the morning. is there a specific brand of vitamin c or can i go with a natural c-serum? do yo uapply anything during or directly after rolling?

Hi Sunfood, I don't know to whom your question was directed, but I'll give you my answer. Both Vit. A and C are important for collagen production. It is recommended to take them orally as well as apply them topically as preparation for rolling. For my regular routine, I use Kassy A's DIY C, E, Ferulic serum in the a.m.(made with L-Ascorbic), and alternate retin-A and a milder form of Vit. A (I believe it's a retinol cream, but I don't want to go back to check and wake up the kids)at night. Immediately post-roll, and for 3 days thereafter, I mix together an oil soluble form of C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate)with either the retinol cream or avocado oil. This is in accordance with the medical protocol, which calls for using milder forms of A and C once the skin channels have been opened. It's also important to avoid taking or using any anti-inflammatories during the post-roll healing period; i.e. no aspirin, no LED use, etc. HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I just got an email from Nova Derma Roller, they said it's OK to use Obagi Nuderm and Retin A. They actually suggest to use Retin-A while rolling.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I just got an email from Derma Roller, they said it's OK to use Obagi Nuderm and Retin A. They actually suggest to use Retin-A while rolling.

Interesting. I'll have to check that out, thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
critic wrote:
I just got an email from Derma Roller, they said it's OK to use Obagi Nuderm and Retin A. They actually suggest to use Retin-A while rolling.

Interesting. I'll have to check that out, thanks.

Follow-up: I attempted unsuccessfully to locate a Derma Roller site with which to exchange e-mails. Can you provide the e-mail address? I'd be interested to know (a) who is making the recommendation (i.e. is it a physician experienced with CIT or the manufacturer); (b) specifics as to why it is appropriate to roll skin that is in treatment with the Nu-Derm program.
(I'm not doubting what you said, I'd just like more information.) Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
client@dermarollers.com

I don't know who replied my email, but I got their respond within 10 minutes, I emailed back to ask if the roller is made in China, they replied immediately that it's made in Korea, but guarantee it's very good quality.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |