Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
cloudpuff_2007 wrote:
I need advice. I have pitted scars on my face from acne and chicken pox and I would like to start dermarolling to reduce or possibly get rid of these scars entirely. I plan on purchasing the 1.5mm dermaroller but what creams/things should i be putting on my face to increase the results? Copper peptides? Vitamin C Serum? Where can i buy these things?I plan on getting EMLA cream to help with more aggressive rolls, but where do you all purchase this? And how often should I be rolling? Thank you!

You can only get Retin-A on prescription, but you can buy it here http://www.alldaychemist.com without one.

You can buy EMLA over the counter (not sure if that isn't the case in some countries though...)

As for the Vit C serum, visit this thread dedicated to it: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30503
jen46
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
jen46 I assume your 46 ...if you are loosing fat in face have you thought about hormone treatment?
AS for rolls, 1 agressive roll 4 to 6 weeks. For cream using a vit c, Vit a cream...even copper peptides...Also try a TCA peel you can buy then from ebay start with a 12.5% but dont do in same week as a agressive roll. Take a multi vitamin + Vit c + zinc... Read start of this thread for more info[/quote]

Yes, I m 46. I didn't realize hormonal imbalance could cause facial fat loss. What kind of MD do I need to see and what kind of hormones do I probably need? Will hormones help rebuild the fat loss or just prevent future loss?

Thanks,
Jen
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Well low levels of estrogen it could be a cause and if so help prevent future fat loss... I am in uk so don't know how your american system works. You just ask you doctor who you would need to talk to about that.

But start oral vitamins ,healthy food and excercise, they help alot ..Just read through all the threads on the website and see what would work for you. But don't stress yourself out I believe stress can be a cause for ageing , just love yourself and see this as a way of helping yourself. Smile
jen46
5% products discount

Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know what size dermaroller I should start with for all my facial wrinkles and fat loss?

Do you just pass the roller over each area once and then repeat every 4-6 weeks?

Jen
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
well jen get a 1.5 mm and it is quite painful so i use it with emla ... topical painkiller makes the skin numb. I roll every 4 weeks cos i really press down until the needles go into skin...and red for like a week after. i don't know about the fat loss...but it will make ur skin look more youthful and firm but apply the skin cream twice a day after the roll everyday so u can help the skin heal better
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, I rolled last night with my 1.5, Haven't rolled for almost 3 months. I applied a decent amount of pressure. Always have. Afterwards, I applied 302 C. I'm deep pink this morning. Makeup should cover up most of that. I've been rolling for almost a year now in an attempt to improve my acne scars and wrinkles. I haven't noticed any great results from rolling. I will keep at it, though.
My face has REALLY lost fat in the past few months. Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Unless you are on a diet to the people lossing fat on fat especially ladies. I would check if you have any hormone imbalance...Facial fat keeps people looking youthful
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I know this thread is rather quiet nowadays, but just thought I'd ask anyway.

Has anyone used a derma roller on facial piercing scars? if so, what were your results?

I have one from my eyebrow stud. I first had it done at 17 years old and it was in for about a year, I then had it done again at about 19 years old and it was in for 2-3 years... it gradually started to grow outwards, which is probably where the scar came from.

I am now left with a nice indented scar. It's about 1cm long and 0.5cm in width (roughly). I'd love to be able to improve it. So I am going to give it a go with my roller soon.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am new here and have been reading over all these threads for the last week or so. I hope I'm not asking anything that's been covered - my head is spinning with all of the information I've read. I will be purchasing the dermaroller hopefully today and had a few questions.
1. I know many of you use EMLA but it also has some risks. Is anything considered safer and still effective? (I heard that the Climax spray wasn't as strong and someone else mentioned that Topicaine was great).
2. I think I may go with the Vitamin C l-ascorbic acid powder that Bethany mentioned, but I read that it should not be mixed with oils, so my question is how long can I wait to apply other lotions or oil on that area without jeapordizing the result?
3. Has anyone had better results with a different type of Vitamin C (the diy serum mentioned in the other thread or the fat soluble one, L-ascorbyl palmitate)?
Thanks!
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I have very good results numbing the skin with ice packs (dont forget to disinfect them)

vit C is water soluble . you should remove oils from your skin before applying vit C. I read somewhere that after vit C you should wait at least 30m before using oils
mansik123

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:08 am      Reply with quote
i am freaking out here..i used the derma roller and showered after that..i read one of the posts and followed the instructions. I applied some vitamin c moisturizer and then applied very little retino a 0.025..The area has become very red and i feel my skin has goten burnt..is that possible or will the redness subside in a day . I have a grand party to attend tomorrow.

Can someone please help???? Sad
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
It is not a good idea to roll just before a party because people´s skin reacts differently and you never know how your skin will react.
Don't expose your skin to any further irritation like sun exposure or any acids. For your redness to disappear, use tea tree oil. it has anti-inflammatory properties and it will speed up your healing. I dont think your redness will disappear in one day though. You can try to camouflage it tomorrow with some make up.

My dermatologist said that vit C or retinoic acid (Retin A) should not be used on open skin because they are both acids and they will slightly "burn" your skin. There are other forms of vit A that can be safely used on dermarolled skin.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:39 am      Reply with quote
You could use an anti-inflammatory this time because of your party. But I wouldn't recommend it so soon after future rolls.

When rolling inflammation is part of the whole proces. That's why people don't recommend using emu oil until about a week after rolling.
mansik

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:48 am      Reply with quote
yes martal i think application of retinol a after using the roller has burnt my skin and it now looks discolored.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
mansik123 wrote:
i am freaking out here..i used the derma roller and showered after that..i read one of the posts and followed the instructions. I applied some vitamin c moisturizer and then applied very little retino a 0.025..The area has become very red and i feel my skin has goten burnt..is that possible or will the redness subside in a day . I have a grand party to attend tomorrow.

Can someone please help???? Sad

Hopefully your face has settled down now Mansik. Where did you get the idea of layering Vit C and Retin A? No, this isn't a good idea. Retin A shouldn't burn your skin after a roll, and esp the .025, but layering it with the C moisturizer didn't make sense. Inflammation is the goal of rolling but now you've got to de-inflam for your affair tonight. I would have scheduled that roll a week ahead. Ideally you should not be putting makeup and other cosmetics on your face the day after a roll, but you may need to now to cover the redness and irritation. Sheesh!! Someone knowledgeable needs to start a new Dermaroller thread with VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS on the do's and don'ts of Rolling. There are too many pages here for folks to read and they are overwhelmed and confused by the posts and doing things wrong! Bethany!! Where are you??????????????

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mansi

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
well its on my arm. It looks very discolored now i cant even wear half sleeves. Its quite bad what do i do now? how long will it take to fade away ..please help!!
mansi

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Its due to the application of retino a. I think it has burnt my skin as my skin looks very discolored and coarse
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
marta1, thanks for the suggestion to use ice. I bought some Lipdocaine just in case, but
I'd rather use ice if I can tough it out. I wouldn't have even thought to disinfect it. I chose
the Vitamin C spray Bethany suggested because it is cheap, easy to make and the
most potent form of Vitamin C. I will definitely wait at least 30 minutes, then before applying
anything else (lotions, oils).

Mountaingirl, I think you're so right about starting a new thread that has simple clear instructions on the do's/don'ts. I haven't started rolling yet, but I've spent over a week combing through all the thread trying to take notes. Some people do things slightly different, so it is hard to know what's best, and it's easy to get mixed up. I did see the Sticky that listed all the dermarolling threads, but I think many won't see it because it's at the bottom of a lot of other threads.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Hopefully your face has settled down now Mansik. Where did you get the idea of layering Vit C and Retin A? No, this isn't a good idea. Retin A shouldn't burn your skin after a roll, and esp the .025, but layering it with the C moisturizer didn't make sense. Inflammation is the goal of rolling but now you've got to de-inflam for your affair tonight. I would have scheduled that roll a week ahead. Ideally you should not be putting makeup and other cosmetics on your face the day after a roll, but you may need to now to cover the redness and irritation. Sheesh!! Someone knowledgeable needs to start a new Dermaroller thread with VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS on the do's and don'ts of Rolling. There are too many pages here for folks to read and they are overwhelmed and confused by the posts and doing things wrong! Bethany!! Where are you??????????????

I believe mansi followed the derma rolling instuctions posted by P Girl in the stretch mark thread on page one. I feel P Girl gave good enough details on how to roll correctly (once every 4 - 6 weeks etc etc).

I am seeing a few new people on hre and on another thread I use who are new to derma rolling. I know we all have to start somewhere, but it does seem that quite a few of the new people have done no research...and most of what is needed to be known is on here. I think alot of people just don't realise how serious rolling is. You are basically sticking needles into your skin and you need to be careful, I think some people miht not realise how dangerous it can actually be and what damage they can cause to their own skin.

I don't mind helping people if I can, but I now realise why alot of old timer people from here don't post anymore or don't answer peoples questions as it gets very repetitive.

Mansi just out of curiosity what size roller did you use?
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I know people should look through threads and not be lazy....even do a search
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
Coz I am a newbie of Dermaroller, I want to try this because I feel my is are too dry while I am getting older and also losing collagen.

Originally, I want to buy a dermaroller for using Retin A. But after read this post, some say retin A should be apply after roll, but some say no. I am very confused what should I do.

How about, If I want to change my skin become supple and nourish, Is it a good idea to apply a hydration mask after rolling? like using skinceuticals B5 Gel mask?

Really appreciate if anyone can help, Thx

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Does the Dermaroller work on scars other than acne scars? I have a few scars from other things I'd like to get rid of (most of these scars are from playing with my very playful but wild kitten who is now a cat and has outgrown her scratching habits).

For mild acne scars on the chin, would the dermaroller work? I have been doing lactic acid peels for about 3 months and they don't seem to be helping the acne scars (they are not pitted, they are just colored scars).
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Carforum, I learned from this forum that you need to apply Vitamin C in the morning and Retin A at night for best results. Retin A should be fine, but do not apply it to open wounds (you can wait several hours or more after rolling to be safe). I don't know about the hydrating mask, so perhaps someone else can answer.

BellaKai, I have heard several people with scars say the dermaroller has helped.

I tried to post links on some great dermaroller threads, but it won't let me. If you go to the Sticky at the beginning of this forum, it will have links to dermarolling threads.
tikiandbabu
5% products discount

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for all the info on the Derma Roller! I got to the 4th page on this thread and decided to go ahead and give it a try. I just ordered mine and hope to receive it this week, I will post my results!
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing bloody rolls on my face for coming to two months because, I had bad acne scars and I was starting to get the lines between my mouth and cheek. Was making me look much older.

But now for the first time in my life since I was 14, I am starting to love my skin. It has filled out and become smooth!!!! Youthful looking!

I know everyone goes on about P girl but that was just one persons experiences. And everyone has different skin. I just believe the more you blood during, the better the results and quicker. Just all the photos I have seen of doctors doing a derma roll, the patient is bleeding on their face. i guess guess i just copied them.

But if you do a blood roll. Your skin can get very swollen and red for like 4 days. I have used foundation to try and cover it up lol

Just make sure you don't get infected skin. You shouldn't, tea tree oil is good. I just wish my stretch marks would respond this quick.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |