Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Leniny
5% products discount

Sun May 03, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to EDS and have just spent three days reading threads (whew!) - so much information to take in, and so many products I want to try!

I've been using retinol, and have dug out some old CP products (does anyone know how long they last? Mine are years old). I ordered the AALS and some vitamin C serum and can't wait to get started with them.

I just turned 60 and suddenly want better skin yesterday. I don't have much in the way of wrinkles but have some sagging and pigmentation issues. I won't be able to use the AALS on my neck since I have thyroid problems, so does anyone have suggestions?

The best thing I've found for under eye puffs is the Garnier anti-puff eye roller. It's the only thing that's worked for me. Next best was RoC Lift and Define Eye Cream.

I've noticed people talking about posting their photos but I don't know where to find them.

Leni
tracy46
5% products discount

Sun May 03, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
where are you guys getting the AALS with the Mothers Day discount?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leni,
I'd toss the old CP products. You might like reading the DIY threads on C serums and save yourself a bundle. I read them for a long time and finally in January got to it and have made some wonderful product.
I'd also suggest starting with a retinol or retin a product. you can save some there as well if you order from India.

I have a prolight (similar to AALS I guess) and Love it. The idea is the same as the AALS but a professional model thus more powerful the specs say, but there has been awesome results here with AALS so good going.... Kassy has had remarkable results.

Welcome and hope you find your way to better skin! I have and I'm so grateful to my buds here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
tracy46 wrote:
where are you guys getting the AALS with the Mothers Day discount?

http://www.lightstim.com

Enter coupon code: MD51009 when checking out.

Here's the thread where you can read all about it, to see if it's for you, or ask questions;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
tracy46
5% products discount

Sun May 03, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kassy.... by the way... can you share your skin regime again.(am and pm). you look fabulous!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
tracy46 wrote:
thanks Kassy.... by the way... can you share your skin regime again.(am and pm). you look fabulous!

Thanks Tracy, you're too kind!!

My routine these days is fairly laughable it's so simple..

Here ya go;

A.M.

- Rinse with hot water + microfiber cloth, finish with cold water
- Apply C Serum when face is bone dry
- Anti-Oxidant serum occasionally
- If I'm going out I put on sunscreen, otherwise nothing

P.M.

- Rinse with hot water, finish with cold. I only use cleanser if I've had sunscreen on during the day, which most days I don't. Or on the very rare occassion I wear mascara (like twice a year .. Laughing .)
- I alternate nights with either Retin-A or Alpha Hydroxy

I always leave one day + night per week for a total break, and use nothing.

- A couple of times per week I apply mixed oils during early evening hours
- Usually once a week I do some kind of mask.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just goes to show - Less is More
suzyIQ
5% products discount

Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to this forum and have been reading all the post I can. Some really good advice here. I want to start using Vic C serum or cream for face and neck. Could anyone recommend a good product for me to start with. Thank you all Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SuzyIQ I like Skinceuticals C & E Ferulic - a good product. Eventually you may want to make your own (DIY) and save -You will see; many of the C products that are considered effective are costly.
suzyIQ
5% products discount

Tue May 05, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I have read about the benefits if vitamin c both internally and externally. Does it irritate Retin A? Making my own cream sounds like what I would love to do. I eat lots of antioxidant foods(blueberries and dark skin fruit and veggies). It does make a difference what we put in us as well as on us. Thank you again for replying... Smile suzy

Tue May 05, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I am not quite 55, but feeling the effects of the perimenopause.
More significantly, ultra dry skin.
I already suffer from eczema, which makes my skin already dry. But lately, it is much more drier than usual. I mositurise at night but still wake up with very dry flaking skin especially around the eyes and chin and this now causing wrinkles which is disconcerting.

Can anyone recommend a solution to help.

I have a lightstim, but this does not seem to work for me as effectively as for some. The first couple of weeks I had some plumping, but this has decreased somewhat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Anybody uses New Skin Lotion? Do you love it?

5% products discount

Wed May 06, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
mars,

Do you mean Nu Face from Life Extension? Never heard of new skin. Do you like it? Who makes it?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01000/New-Face-Solution.html
Hi, I read about it on this forum somewhere. Can't remember where.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 10:32 am      Reply with quote
<<<<<
My routine these days is fairly laughable it's so simple..

Here ya go;

A.M.

- Rinse with hot water + microfiber cloth, finish with cold water
- Apply C Serum when face is bone dry
- Anti-Oxidant serum occasionally
- If I'm going out I put on sunscreen, otherwise nothing

May I ask (being a South Fl gal as well) what kind of sunscreen you use?
I have elementary school age children and I spend a lot of time in the sun in the summer. I do my best to wear a hat and glasses but the sun does get on my face. I have hyperpigmentation so I know sunscreen is so important to keep it at bay....I have been reading about the different types of sunscreens but I'm so so so so confused... Confused Did I mention I was confused Very Happy
thanks Lou
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lou - not Kassy but I know Bethany who is a Florida girl also uses Melashade. It tends to be reasonable in cost when compared to others - use on face only. It can be found often at 20% off on Lovelyskin.com. It is a physical sunscreen with spf 30 and UVA and UVB.
Leniny
5% products discount

Wed May 06, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Fallene's COTZ (contains only titanium and Zinc), as recommended by my dermatologist. It's inexpensive and also comes in a tinted version that you can mix up to match your skin exactly. It doesn't have antioxidants, but you can put some on ahead of time.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Lou - not Kassy but I know Bethany who is a Florida girl also uses Melashade. It tends to be reasonable in cost when compared to others - use on face only. It can be found often at 20% off on Lovelyskin.com. It is a physical sunscreen with spf 30 and UVA and UVB.

thanks so much! I didnt realize bethany was Fl gal also..I think lovelyskin is having a sale now...
Lou
arym
5% products discount

Wed May 06, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mars,

It is New FACE SOLUTION FROM Life EXTENSION THAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO.I HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR ABOUT 6 MOS. NOW AND I LIKE IT. Plus it's cheaper than most other moisturizers.

Do you use it and do you like it?

LUS IT'S CHEAPER THAN MOST OTHER
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
May I ask (being a South Fl gal as well) what kind of sunscreen you use?
I have elementary school age children and I spend a lot of time in the sun in the summer. I do my best to wear a hat and glasses but the sun does get on my face. I have hyperpigmentation so I know sunscreen is so important to keep it at bay....I have been reading about the different types of sunscreens but I'm so so so so confused... Confused Did I mention I was confused Very Happy
thanks Lou

I have the luxury of being a house cat most days, but when I'm out in the pool with the grandkids, walking on the beach or out and about I just use; Baby Faces Waterproof SPF 50 or Aveeno Face SPF 30.. (but always use a hat and sunglasses..)

I really avoid being outside altogether between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m when at all possible Very Happy

The sun here really is killer... Shock My 4 year old car is an entirely different color than the day I got it, and the dashboard just split in half... EEEEEK!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I want to be a house cat with Kassy.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I want to be a house cat with Kassy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

C'mon down Sis!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Cool Meow Laughing
sammie
5% products discount

Fri May 08, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Report: My lightstim is great so far, 4 days. My skin feels softer, and it is easy to use. I am wondering about trying it with a product now. What could I try that doesn't have preservatives? Thank you.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Read through the LightStim thread for suggestions on what to use. There are all kinds of ideas.

Do not put the light on anything with Vitamin C in it if you're fair skinned. That might very well give you brown splotches.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |